• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Lanrutcon

Whether or not the new LFR difficulty is 'right' depends on what LFR is trying to accomplish.

a) If LFR is meant for non-raiders to see the raiding content in a painless way, then mission accomplished.

b) If LFR is meant to be a stepping stone towards real raiding, then no. LFR Highmaul teaches you nothing, and isn't even remotely representative of actual raiding.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
never done dragon soul. can i go in on my 100 shadow prist and "tank and spank" the bosses? I just need the tier shoulders

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yea, I ran through it on my paladin to see the story. Things should keel over and die when you look angrily at them.

even in 25m? just s more tier tokens drop so more chances of getting it. I can just buy the rest from the valor vendor in SW for the full set

Wazzy

Banned
Thank god I wasn't playing when Mists first came out. I've been farming for rep for the serpent mount and finished in two days by egg farming and dailies. I'm going to take a small break from questing and just work on getting mounts.

Hellers

Thank god I wasn't playing when Mists first came out. I've been farming for rep for the serpent mount and finished in two days by egg farming and dailies. I'm going to take a small break from questing and just work on getting mounts.

I fancy doing that. What do I need to do?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
even in 25m? just s more tier tokens drop so more chances of getting it. I can just buy the rest from the valor vendor in SW for the full set

I don't see why not, if it was a pandarian raid that'd be one thing but Cata is pretty old and you should breeze through.

ch0mp

Whether or not the new LFR difficulty is 'right' depends on what LFR is trying to accomplish.

a) If LFR is meant for non-raiders to see the raiding content in a painless way, then mission accomplished.

b) If LFR is meant to be a stepping stone towards real raiding, then no. LFR Highmaul teaches you nothing, and isn't even remotely representative of actual raiding.
I love it. Feels like it's finally tuned for the average person who queues LFR.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any alliance players on US I can borrow to kill Nefarian's End on normal real quick? Second wind nerf makes it impossible to do it on normal for warriors, and I have to get the kill to unlock heroic(which is, funny enough, easier for a warrior)

Wazzy

Banned
I fancy doing that. What do I need to do?

You just need to head over to the Arboretum in Jade Forest and get the quests to start raising your baby serpent. Once that's done, make sure to do the dailies every day because you need to be exalted in order to get the serpent mount(you'll get one colour free which is the one you raise) and the best way right now to farm rep fast is to look for onyx eggs which have spawn locations. The find rates shouldn't be horrible since most people aren't looking anymore, at least it wasn't for me. Once you hit revered, you can make it even quicker by buying the Cloud Serpent Commendation.

Also make sure you have flying skill for Panderia!

Apt101

It will take longer to kill them, but it should still be really easy. Just watch out for bosses that have some mechanic that requires two people, like Shannox (dog will eat face forever) in the Firelands. I don't remember any bosses with such mechanics in Dragon Soul, but I also don't think I did it set to 25 man. One way to find out. :D

Lanrutcon

It will take longer to kill them, but it should still be really easy. Just watch out for bosses that have some mechanic that requires two people, like Shannox (dog will eat face forever) in the Firelands. I don't remember any bosses with such mechanics in Dragon Soul, but I also don't think I did it set to 25 man. One way to find out. :D

Doesn't Dragon Soul have the Spine fight? If you don't know what to do there you're fucked.

Shannox is easy if you put dots on the dog, since they'll trigger the damage threshold for him.

Trickster

Honestly the same thing could be said for MoP lfr, it was possible to die and wipe yes, but mostly you could stand in shit, ignore boss mechanics and in general do damn near everything wrong, and still kill bosses in lfr. LFR since it's implementation been rewarding bad players for playing badly. At least now the the decent players won't have to waste time dying 2-3 times on certain bosses because some players just don't care whether they do everything wrong or not

Mimiron's Head get! It's always so good to take a whole classic raid off the list of places to farm for mounts, and this one's always been one of my favourites. 234 mounts, 16 to go.

Rhaknar

its all easy, just killed the shoulders boss i needed and 1 token (of 2 dropped) whew, had no tier of my clas so far, was getting worried. guess ill just buy the rest with gold

she was annoying because solo you can pass the lightning to the totems so you have to wait until the water shield ends which takes ages lol

i might aswell see the rest, its actually cool, I didnt know it was in dragonblight and involved those old god tentacle fuckers

Not getting luck with the 630 follower missions :(

What's that weird purple ability? I have one dwarf rogue follower that has it. That's it. And two followers with taunt, one is 98

The rest are shadowbolt/danger zone buggers

Rhaknar

oops ultraxion can 1 shot you lol. I actually got out of the shadow realm just before he did it, on another spell, i thought for sure that was going to be some sort of 1 shot mechanic but didnt know which spell did it :p

edit: hmm still died even tho i used the button to get out of the shadow realm when he cast the erruption. guess i should read tacts :p

edit: wait this guide says the eruption is his enrage at 6mins, but hes doing it like 1min in when hes at about 30% :/ wtf?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember this?
700px-Old-new_t2.jpg

Karl Hawk

Banned
I've seen that pic before. To be honest, I think the current Judgment set model looks better than the old one.

Can't say anything about the other sets, though.

EDIT: In other news, doing Tectus 30-man never worked out nicely for me. Then again, it's probably some of the people didn't pay attention to the mechanics and adds, and in addition to using marks properly

Rapstah

My eyebrows clip through the helmet.
:mad:

Night Elf eyebrows clip through everything even worse. They remove your character's hair with every single helmet in the game even when it would look okay, so I don't see why they couldn't hide your eyebrows too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I always turn off helmets unless they're hats.

Rapstah

I think female Worgen in human form clip through every single helmet in the game. I don't even understand how that's possible, they're the same model as humans.

I really enjoy holy priest. It's a shame you can't really kill shit as it, as I hate doing quests as shadow. I really hate shadow, but it's like you have to unless you group up for everything

mclem

Always enjoy watching tanks try to tiptoe through the flowers leading up to protectors in Everbloom. Like, come on dude, you know there's gonna be a barrage, ice nova, unstable magic, frost orb, blood boil, or something else that's gonna pull and just make it worse than it would have been to do them.

Gives me an excuse to pop reck, ravage, and bladestorm my way to big dick mode though.

I always, as a rule, unless I have *total* faith in my groups' abilities to negotiate mobs, pull everything that might possibly be accidentally pulled. It doesn't take much longer to kill them, and it's much less hassle than having them unexpectedly drop in.

I really enjoy holy priest. It's a shame you can't really kill shit as it, as I hate doing quests as shadow. I really hate shadow, but it's like you have to unless you group up for everything

I used to quest/solo as disc, using smite, glyphed holy fire, reflective bubbles and penance to kill stuff, with Holy as my raiding spec. I really, really enjoyed it. In very early MoP it was hilarious watching blood DKs and Paladins die to rares before gradually soloing them in a healing spec. They'd always stand around after their corpse run, waiting for me to die.

Magnus

I wonder how many faction transfer sales Blizz made based off the shitty looking Horde garrisons.

Drov seems way harder than the other world boss. Or I had real shitty tanks.

Made up for by the amazing horde Garrison/Ashran music - destroys the Alliance's soundtrack!

Brohan

Hey guys, weren't we supposed to get 5 days gametime because of their botchy launch?
I Still haven't received anything if that's the case and i'm almost through my gametime.

Owensboro

6/7 + Kargath HM = not a single loot.

And that was with using 4 seals.
Fuckity fuck fuck.

It sucks, but trust me man, it's a hell of a lot better than doing a full raid where even if one or two drops are a piece you could use you don't pick it up because you need to save your DKP for your best in slot..

Sometimes, the dice just don't roll your way. Another raid you're going to get 4 drops in a row.

I've seen that pic before. To be honest, I think the current Judgment set model looks better than the old one.

Can't say anything about the other sets, though.

You're crazy! Transcendence is still my favorite set in the game, and I'd take it over the yellow turban fest any day. Also, Wrath's axe shoulders and Nemesis' skull helmet are still iconic to me. I really want the sets for Transmogs on my alt.

Oh man, remember vanilla? Shield + wand the mob to death.

Fucking hell man. I remember leveling a priest on a friend's server and him watching me kill mobs in the Arathi Highlands. "Why do you stop casting and just wand stuff to death?" "Because this is more efficient than having to drink after every. single. kill." At least it was still better than leveling a Shaman and relying on a stupid Windfury weapon proc.

PepperedHam

I don't know if it is my hardware finally getting gassed at the game's new environments but when I load into Draenor whether it be my garrison or a zone I get some serious delay on when certain textures and NPCs load in. After that it's fine and is back up to 50-70fps but the initial stutter and load delay is freaking me out. Only happens in Draenor areas.

That said just started leveling Alliance through Draenor for the first time this expansion. So far so good.

mclem

It will take longer to kill them, but it should still be really easy. Just watch out for bosses that have some mechanic that requires two people, like Shannox (dog will eat face forever) in the Firelands

I didn't have any issue with that. Maybe tank-spec can't be picked for it?

Top Bottom