• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I really regret getting into ashran.

I wish they'd at least let you get bones in bgs, give me some incentive to do them.

Whoever decided on the 200 ashran only conquest points and bones should be shot.

I feel like ashran has a ton of promise to be a really fun experience, but as it is right now it just isn't fun zerging against a giant zerg for hours...

Mothman91

Good tips to get 1k points on invasions? Actually used a follower this time, last time I forgot. Got to 919 :C

What do you get if you get Gold?

edit: Just realized you can invite people and that's what it says on Icy-veins on how to get Gold: invite friends.

fml, I should've waited and invited a couple of my friends to help. I'm guessing there's alot more mobs to kill and stuff if you have a bigger party?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Good tips to get 1k points on invasions? Actually used a follower this time, last time I forgot. Got to 919 :C

edit: Just realized you can invite people and that's what it says on Icy-veins on how to get Gold: invite friends.

fml, I should've waited and invited a couple of my friends to help. I'm guessing there's alot more mobs to kill and stuff if you have a bigger party?

Chance at an epic.

And larger coverage area.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It is hard explaining to people why the story line jumps from 1-60 being all about surviving the cataclysm and surviving deathwing, to outland for almost no real reason, to killing the lich king and back to cataclysm where deathwing is relevant again.

Rapstah

I'd rather they re-re-made the old world than re-making Outland. That's right. Or at least the zones that have you directly dealing with Deathwing and other stuff players killed over the course of that expansion, like Darkshore.

Kill rate is everything. Have 3 people covering 3 areas, gate by the mine, front gate and the central area.

I do wonder how people on heal/tank classes get gold though, bonus points get stacked on at the end of an invasion depending on your buildings surviving but realistically more than 75% of my invasion points have come from straight up kills. When I do it I join vent to make sure anybody who needs a quick bail out gets one promptly. If someone gets overrun and dies it really slows you down and puts gold at risk.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I do wonder how people on heal/tank classes get gold though, bonus points get stacked on at the end of an invasion depending on your buildings surviving but realistically more than 75% of my invasion points have come from straight up kills. When I do it I join vent to make sure anybody who needs a quick bail out gets one promptly. If someone gets overrun and dies it really slows you down and puts gold at risk.

I have never even once gotten close to being overrun, but that might be because Shadow Council invasions are ezmode.

I doubt healers can do it very well, they'd probably have to off spec, but tanks are the AoE kings of Draenor.

Whether or not the new LFR difficulty is 'right' depends on what LFR is trying to accomplish.

a) If LFR is meant for non-raiders to see the raiding content in a painless way, then mission accomplished.

b) If LFR is meant to be a stepping stone towards real raiding, then no. LFR Highmaul teaches you nothing, and isn't even remotely representative of actual raiding.

Yeah ignore all mechanics then complaint about mechanics in normal mode

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if the 11% chance follower mission I accepted when I came to work is successful, Im buying a fucking lottery ticket tomorow :p

I can see why a lot of people might not have liked MoP.

the chinese-inspired scenery and culture and dialogue is cool, but the dungeons themselves aren't that imaginative.

and i can't decide whether MoP is making a caricature of ancient china or doing honor to it

Was just doing a Heroic and the Healer dropped out mid-boss to go raid. Just said "Raid, gtg" and quit. What a dick.

I can see why a lot of people might not have liked MoP.

the chinese-inspired scenery and culture and dialogue is cool, but the dungeons themselves aren't that imaginative.

and i can't decide whether MoP is making a caricature of ancient china or doing honor to it

I think there is reverence there.

Brofist

The lvl 91 630 weapons are cheap enough that I'm thinking about just buying them for my alts to level quicker (don't have the BoA weapons on them).

Apt101

I didnt know they went away so fast, I had one for shoulders yesterday and this morning it was gone :(

I might aswell try I guess

Same thing happened to me with some shoulders. I scrambled to get the correct three followers to 630 for my chest when I saw the mission appear.

As an Asian..

I fucking HATED the god damn stupid fucking accents.

Like, really? Are you kidding me? The accent wasn't even a dialogue like the trolls speak with a dialect, the accent was a straight up parody of how immigrants from Asia from English. NOT. THE. SAME.

Aside from that, the expansion was whatever. I didn't feel like it paid any homage to China... it was the tourist equivalent of visiting China, which is... cool, I guess?

I did love the gorgeous, sunny fields, though. Sometimes I get really tired of all this darkness and death and blood and gloom.

Reading through this thread makes me remember how I used to equip wands and staffs and hit things to level up my skill in staff / wand. haha

i mean, it's how chinese people in china would speak english too i guess. like i said, i couldn't tell if it was a parody or not.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would equip my new weapon and join a dungeon to level up my weapon skill since no one used recount back then.

I was that asshole.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've has a disproportionate number of 85%+ missions fail, so who knows, anything is possible.

I failed a 93% mission that would give like 40 resources or something the other day. Shit pissed me off, it was XCOM snipers all over again :(

Wunder

Ko'ragh continues to be a pain. Thankfully we got him down this time without having to cull the raid - only took 7 attempts =_=

Getting pissed I keep getting the same follower mission for a 645 trinket. Did it a second time yesterday and got the same trinket again which means I couldn't equip both. Just got another mission for a 645 trinket today and I'm assuming I'll get the same one again.

Getting pissed I keep getting the same follower mission for a 645 trinket. Did it a second time yesterday and got the same trinket again which means I couldn't equip both. Just got another mission for a 645 trinket today and I'm assuming I'll get the same one again.

Yeah. Do you know how many 615 shoulders I have? :p

Rhaknar

whats the max a follower's weapon and armor can go to?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
This is somehow the weirdest guild invite I've ever had.
rziow2r.png

daedalius

Pug I was in couldn't finish normal Grimrail. Mage in the group couldn't figure out how to loot bombs/shells to use on the 2nd boss.

smh

vocab

Mythic Kargath down. 42% on Twins. That fight is meh. Need to optimize strategy. So much damage is being lost due to movement.

Rhaknar

Pug I was in couldn't finish normal Grimrail. Mage in the group couldn't figure out how to loot bombs/shells to use on the 2nd boss.

smh

ive only done that place once, on normal. I still havent done on heroic, it never pops as random, its the last thing I need for the legendary quest

anyway, I was the only one doing that ammo / bomb shit, one person fell of the train, the other had no clue and also died, boss was a nightmare. im not looking forward to heroic

So continuing the Alliance story quest in Talador, how the hell Yrel get that shiny new armor and Maraad's mace without explanation after the Talador cinematic.

Top Bottom