• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

strafer

whatever...my chair is better than your christmas tree....show me a picture and then Ill decide...

come on bruh...stop messing

EDIT: Wow, realised now that this is posted in the wrong fucking place.

Suppose to be a chat message.

:/

If you trap an animal, and then kill it and skin it really quickly before it despawns together with the trap and the garrison guys that spawn, do you get both the trapped animal and the materials from skinning it?

No. The animal will either vanish or will get stuck at 1HP and not die. You can't double-dip on animal traps.

Also the barn is awful for fur. The work orders don't produce enough to justify the effort and travel time, just farming the cat dudes in Nagrand is better fur per unit of time than the barn.

StMeph

Ko'ragh down, so N 6/7, H 2/7, all PUG. Won bracers and bonus rolled a warforged weapon, which was nice.

One thing I really hate for plate in Highmaul is how basically every single piece has Haste. I have SO MUCH GODDAMN HASTE. Paladins must be loving it, but fuck Haste.

Blizz needs to do something about Sumptuous Fur. I have one tailoring alt and I'm constantly running dry. I don't have problems sourcing anything but fur with 3 max level characters.

Noticing this as well. Spending all of my time doing Garrison, raid, Tavern quest Heroics, or Apexis dailies, so there's basically no source of Fur drops.

ampere

Paragon working on Mythic Mar'gok. Supposedly 1.5% wipe

oyYyI30.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Woah, cho'gall is in the mythic imperator fight? that's cool.

Ok I'll bite.

I hated MoP. I really loved WotLK. Cataclysm was somewhere in between.

How is WoD?

I want to get back into raiding. But I would be starting over on a new account. I used a fake last name on my account when I created it in 2005 because I was 18 and thought "omgnointernet, don't have my last name" and I have since lost my authenticator token. Since I have no ID with the actual name, my account is lost.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Shit, I had no issue giving the internet my last name in 1995 lol.

Anyway, wod is good, better than pandaria at least. Still nothing close to tbc, comparable to wotlk maybe.

Mothman91

Last phase of Imperator fight is fucking crazy. Finally got into a group last night, several attempts, lowest we've gotten him was around 15%.

Jumping over the nova mitigates the damage? Someone was saying to jump it, barely noticed a difference.

And for the dot that spreads, at what stack is the best time to get out and not let it spread? Around 4/5?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Last phase of Imperator fight is fucking crazy. Finally got into a group last night, several attempts, lowest we've gotten him was around 15%.

Jumping over the nova mitigates the damage? Someone was saying to jump it, barely noticed a difference.

And for the dot that spreads, at what stack is the best time to get out and not let it spread? Around 4/5?

I don't think jumping actually mitigates nova dmg

And yeah, I think 4-5 is when most folks try to separate it off.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Paragon working on Mythic Mar'gok. Supposedly 1.5% wipe

Yooooooooooooooooooo wtf is Cho'gall doing there?

I don't think jumping actually mitigates nova dmg

And yeah, I think 4-5 is when most folks try to separate it off.

I don't think jumping does anything which is actually stupid when you have a boss in heroic (Everbloom, Archmage Sol) that requires you jump over those firebloom nova things.

Megasoum

Banned
So.... Now that I'm done with Dragon Age, I think it's time to finally buy WoD.

Haven't played the game since the beginning of MoP.

So couple of things

-Is there any active Gaf guilds on an East Coast server? Last time I played was with coworkers and friends on Kargath but they all stopped working so there's not much reasons for me to stay there.
-How does the Boost to 90 work? I imagine they give you all your talent points to spend as you want but do they do anything for the professions too? Also do you have an option to create a new 90 character or you need a character first created that then gets boosted?

Also, just thinking about going back in the game is really daunting and scary lol. Even if I played multiple thousands of hours of that game (I was playing full time for over a year around Vanilla and BC), the idea of re-learning all the new skills and mechanics that changed since last time I played, redo my ui, settings and addons, start fresh a new servers without any of my real life friends to play with... I'm terrified lol.

Jarnet87

Mid to late 50's can also become a drag because so many dungeons in that level range have been remade into higher level dungeons. Repeating the same dungeons over and over is both boring and less efficient since you won't get any new dungeon quests to complete.

yeah 50+ is super repetitive. It's fails in Dire Maul, Sunken Temple,and then as you hit like 55 (maybe 54) its BRD and UBRS.

Mothman91

I failed my follower mission for 645 shoulders.
:(
I had boots at a 91% chance last week. Lost at that, and lost at a highmaul cache. That was early last week and haven't had any missions for 645 gear or up since then. I have almost 5-6 followers at 645, I'm guessing I have bad rng or it's actually a set formula to get good missions. I wonder.

I've been leveling my rogue and I finally hit 90 so I could unlock some lockboxes. One of them had a lockbox inside a lockbox. I'm not complaining, they both had +70g in them.

Okay, so I got some EZMoad™ WeakAuras for Frost Mage. Should help out a lot so long as they're accurate enough. Was tweaking them a bit, particularly since I'm not level 100 yet and thus don't have prismatic crystal or the improved water elemental perk (which drastically changes up the rotation) yet.

Still not sure I really like the playstyle from what I've messed around with a bit compared to Arcane or Fire though. There's a lot of drought, with the possibility of huge bursts of button spam.

Don't know if I dare to say it, but I think Shadow Priest might be more interesting/fun than Frost Mage.

strafer

With availability of the level 90 character boost, we feel the requirement to have a character level 55 or higher to unlock the Death Knight as a playable class is no longer relevant. The plan right now is to remove the limitation sometime next week, at which point players will be able to start a new Death Knight (which still begins at level 55) without first having to reach level 55 on another character.

Incoming wave of newbie DKs

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
B-B-but HERO CLASS :((

THE DREAM IS DEAD

Arcayne

just realizing that I'm in my pvp gears 98% of the time now, whereas the ilvl651 weapon i just got from a mission will likely never be used aside from (lfr) raids. :|

enjoying doing hc trash groups, pity i keep getting wrong material due to personal loot (plate on resdruid lol).
Not sure if I should just Auction them while they are worth insane ammounts

I was grinding Exarch rep and eventually I got a Garrison Mission (not an invasion), that sent me all over Draenor and finished Yrel's story. I got the mission before I was exalted, so I don't know what the trigger was.

Another Garrison Mission I got gave me a permanent Mole Machine that ports to Gorgrond.

I still dont get those story garrison mission on my garrison just dungeons garrison missions

The Gorgron part as the alliance is pretty funny with useless Yrel, happy dwarf guy with his bonky car and grumpy Maraad.

Magnus

I still dont get those story garrison mission on my garrison just dungeons garrison missions

The Gorgron part as the alliance is pretty funny with useless Yrel, happy dwarf guy with his bonky car and grumpy Maraad.

These aren't missions, just to be clear, as in, follower missions. They're Garrison Campaign quests.

Magnus

So those SI7 quests even lead to anything?
I noticed allows u to get a extra 800 apex a day, which is nice

Dunno - I'm horde. The quests they've sent me send me to zones that end up having bonus objectives worth 800 crystals. Which, as you said, is super nice.

Jag

Yep. They are weekly quests. I think there are 12 total. The questgiver will show up in your garrison. They act like the dailies, but you have to finish all the related quests to get the rewards. I've already got the mole machine, Champion title, Naruu toy and Darktide costume so far.

Megasoum

Banned
-Is there any active Gaf guilds on an East Coast server? Last time I played was with coworkers and friends on Kargath but they all stopped working so there's not much reasons for me to stay there.

Also, just thinking about going back in the game is really daunting and scary lol. Even if I played multiple thousands of hours of that game (I was playing full time for over a year around Vanilla and BC), the idea of re-learning all the new skills and mechanics that changed since last time I played, redo my ui, settings and addons, start fresh a new servers without any of my real life friends to play with... I'm terrified lol.

Quoting myself for the new page.

Edit: Removed the boost question, found the FAQ.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Man, had a really good and well respectable raid group today. None of them left (Only one left due to urgent problems) because of wipes, none of them screamed and shit if something went wrong while downing a boss. Hell, the group's leader was nice and cared more about whether I and the group were having fun (We actually did have fun while making progress). We joked around while raiding as well. :p

Matter of fact, the group do raid runs every Friday (I managed to make the raid leader my b.net friend), so I should be join with them whenever I'm available. ;)

This is one of those few times in WoW where I felt I was raiding with a friendly group.

Man, had a really good and well respectable raid group today. None of them left (Only one left due to urgent problems) because of wipes, none of them screamed and shit if something went wrong while downing a boss. Hell, the group's leader was nice and cared more about whether I and the group were having fun (We actually did have fun while making progress). We joked around while raiding as well. :p

Matter of fact, the group do raid runs every Friday (I managed to make the raid leader my b.net friend), so I should be join with them whenever I'm available. ;)

This is one of those few times in WoW where I felt I was raiding with a friendly group.

The guild I'm in is also really cool like this, it's half the reason I even care at all. I'd probably just not do any raiding if I was in groups who cared way too much about the race to the end to have any fun or laugh off wipes.

Giggzy

Quoting myself for the new page.

Edit: Removed the boost question, found the FAQ.

I could be wrong, but I don't brlieve GAF has an actIve guild in any region. However, practically everything is cross-realm these days meaning you can PvE or PvP with people on your friends list across any realm. So fill us in on your Battlenet ID so people can add you and play together :)

Top Bottom