• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So continuing the Alliance story quest in Talador, how the hell Yrel get that shiny new armor and Maraad mace without explanation after the Talador cinematic.

Follower missions obviously.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I tried playing affliction for the first time since BC today.

...I miss BC Affliction. Current Aff just feels like they kept adding things on and never removed anything like they did for other classes. Shadow Priest reminds me more of old Affliction than the current one.

Downed Normal Twins and Ko'ragh yesterday, pretty fun fights as a hunter. Got Imperator to about 50% a few times, but we only had around 30 minutes left so it was mostly just to get a feel of the fight.

Unless Imperator is terrible <50%, this tier of raiding is pretty great so far.

cdyhybrid

Welp, completely unable to play my mage now.

Tried hearthing to my garrison, kicked to char select and garrison hearthstone went on cooldown. Fine, whatever, not the first time.

So I log back in and run into my garrison, except none of my NPCs or buildings are there. Then I get booted to char select again. Now when I try to log back in, I log into my garrison, with no NPCs or buildings, and get booted to char select within a minute. I can't even teleport out because I'm apparently already in the process of disconnecting the second I log in.

Cool game, Blizzard.

Each Trinket generator gives only one trinket depending on spec.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=114080/turbulent-trinket#creates

There's only 5 variations on it, and none of them overlap.

Note that they can be warforged/socketed/tertiarystats.

I've had 3 different ones and the best one was warforged with a socket. So unless you get a baller one like that on the first go, it's still worth doing them. And they can be DEd ofc if you're an enchanter.

cdyhybrid

Try turning addons off. I have something that makes my herb garden disappear sometimes.

It eventually started working on its own. Guessing the garrison instance server was puking on itself or something.

Have had pretty good luck with followers so far. Two upgraded to epic and two upgraded to rare out of my first 5.

Apt101

Is there a weapon for completing gold damage proving grounds? I finished it but didn't get anything. It was actually a bit challenging.

M.D

How do I cancel my subscription? It says " Renews: 20/3/2015 18:25 " but I don't want to renew automatically

I have a "Cancel Game Subscription" option, but not sure if it does anything to my current game time as well?

TheYanger

How do I cancel my subscription? It says " Renews: 20/3/2015 18:25 " but I don't want to renew automatically

I have a "Cancel Game Subscription" option, but not sure if it does anything to my current game time as well?

Your sub will run until the time ends if you cancel it.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
How to tell people didn't play in vanilla.. they try to go to domo before golemagg lol.

Arcane mage seems fine now as well, consistently top 3 but you really have to be up on your mana %.

ZenaxPure

There are way too few sources of weapons atm. I'm closing in on iLvl 650 and I'm still wearing a 630 weapon.

I got really lucky with weapons, had 2 missions pop up for 645 weapons and one of them managed to warforge. Pretty nice since there is only one rogue dagger in highmaul iirc.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Far too many resources for gear in general. Welfare epics raining from the sky.

How to tell people didn't play in vanilla.. they try to go to domo before golemagg lol.

Arcane mage seems fine now as well, consistently top 3 but you really have to be up on your mana %.

Arcane is the top parsing ranged now for single target, and the top parsing spec at higher gear levels.

You really want to stay still though with the runes of power. For something like Twin Ogron or Brackenspore where there's a lot of cleave (Twin Ogron especially), Frost is probably better.

Trying to learn Frost Mage now from scratch at 92 after never having played it before. Can tell I'll REALLY want some weak auras for it to monitor shit - at least better timers for the things that are already shown with the default Blizzard auras. There is so much stuff you have to have bound and more core rotational spells than I'm used to. But I guess that's what you get for not having a secondary resource mechanic.

Measley

Can anyone tell me how the Hunter is with the Lone Wolf talent? I'm strongly considering coming back just to play a petless Hunter class.

I'm an expert

Arcane is the top parsing ranged now for single target, and the top parsing spec at higher gear levels.

You really want to stay still though with the runes of power. For something like Twin Ogron or Brackenspore where there's a lot of cleave (Twin Ogron especially), Frost is probably better.

Trying to learn Frost Mage now from scratch at 92 after never having played it before. Can tell I'll REALLY want some weak auras for it to monitor shit - at least better timers for the things that are already shown with the default Blizzard auras. There is so much stuff you have to have bound and more core rotational spells than I'm used to. But I guess that's what you get for not having a secondary resource mechanic.

Just understand when to and when not to dump your fingers/finger producing abilities and that's about it. Timing your elemental's channel for when you know for sure you can get off two fb is important too.

As for movement, I use ice floes to reposition my runes when on the run. Makes a big difference.

ive only done that place once, on normal. I still havent done on heroic, it never pops as random, its the last thing I need for the legendary quest

anyway, I was the only one doing that ammo / bomb shit, one person fell of the train, the other had no clue and also died, boss was a nightmare. im not looking forward to heroic

Doing it on Heroic is misery. It's like TIME FOR FUN levels of brick wall for groups with idiots, which is unfortunately the majority of them. Two nights in a row I had groups fall apart there, last night finally got through it all and got the piece for the quest, never going back again.

Saucy_XL

Banned
There's something about it being 4 am while doing WotLK + Cata dungeons that brings out the worst players I've ever been with. I think I heard a minor stroke trying to get our Occulus run complete.

mclem

I fully leveled up my unarmed skill in the event I needed to attack someone after being disarmed.

It was Thrym for me - the massive giant patrolling the entrance to Zul'Drak - wailing on him constantly to get the skillups but with him having enough health that I didn't need to worry too much about actually having to find another mob to kill any time soon.

lazygecko

My experience was that dungeon spamming gets a bit sluggish in the late 70's. Doing the intro quests and dailies for the Argent Tournament (you can do them at lvl78) gave tons of exp and was a pretty efficient way of reaching 80.

lazygecko

Mid to late 50's can also become a drag because so many dungeons in that level range have been remade into higher level dungeons. Repeating the same dungeons over and over is both boring and less efficient since you won't get any new dungeon quests to complete.

Jag

So continuing the Alliance story quest in Talador, how the hell Yrel get that shiny new armor and Maraad's mace without explanation after the Talador cinematic.

I was grinding Exarch rep and eventually I got a Garrison Mission (not an invasion), that sent me all over Draenor and finished Yrel's story. I got the mission before I was exalted, so I don't know what the trigger was.

Another Garrison Mission I got gave me a permanent Mole Machine that ports to Gorgrond.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I love when you and 4 other people who are decent at PvP are just sitting in mumble and then you all realize you need to conquest cap for the week still, so you just put together the most inane 5v5 team and it actually works.

Frost DK
Frost DK
Combat Rogue
Marks Hunter
Frost Mage

We call it dispel cleave.

It actually works really well, since the frost DK's are very sturdy and the other classes are very slippery all we need to do is murder a healer by dispelling EVERY SINGLE BUFF and using the combined power of 4 DPS to bring him down while the rogue controls the other healer, eventually without healers we kind of just snow ball into a victory.

We were originally gonnna just go till cap but it was so much fun we stopped at a 60% win ratio and a 1700 MMR.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah after the games we mused about how it was ridiculous that we could earn titles from this but not 2v2, I get why 2v2 isn't taken seriously since the game isn't balanced around it.

But man 5s is a shit show.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Can anyone tell me how the Hunter is with the Lone Wolf talent? I'm strongly considering coming back just to play a petless Hunter class.

MM is very strong but was just nerfed, SV is a little behind but not terrible. The main problem with survival is that it manages to find a way to be even more dull than Marks, you don't even get a DPS cooldown. I really wish they had done something other than "Remove class defining trait -> get more damage" with our best level 100 talent.

Magnus

Gonna nab a CE today and attempt to have my current digital WoD converted to game time or refunded.

If they insist on merely refunding me the goddamned key, I'm looking to sell it - any takers?

I accept real dinero (Going for $40, cheaper than full price. #GAFdiscount) or alternatively, gold on Mal'ganis PvP US. (Whatever $50 works out to, I guess).

-

In other news, my boy's on a trip for two weeks before I head out to join him in Japan. In the interim, I must be sure to avert this from happening to me.

South-Park-World-of-Warcraft-dude.jpg

Blizz needs to do something about Sumptuous Fur. I have one tailoring alt and I'm constantly running dry. I don't have problems sourcing anything but fur with 3 max level characters.

ampere

I also love how Cho'Gall instills his spot as number one troll in WoD. What an awesome character.

I hope we kill Cho'gall in the Mythic Mar'gok fight. There are some sound files where he is talking to Mar'gok. But holy shit the Mythic mechanics for that fight sound insane. He has 2 buffs up at all times.

Blizz needs to do something about Sumptuous Fur. I have one tailoring alt and I'm constantly running dry. I don't have problems sourcing anything but fur with 3 max level characters.

Try Barn work orders? That's how I get my leather and I'm always stocked up.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

The droprate really isn't bad, you just actually have to go out and farm it, which is way more time intensive than herbs and ore for obvious reasons.

They should increase the fur yield from barn work order too, imo.

IN OTHER NEWS, last night was pretty good on the loot front for me. Got normal gloves of kargath, warforged ring off tectus, and heroic helm off butcher. I now have both pieces of ele loot off of heroic butcher after 2 heroic kills.

Rapstah

If you trap an animal, and then kill it and skin it really quickly before it despawns together with the trap and the garrison guys that spawn, do you get both the trapped animal and the materials from skinning it?

Top Bottom