• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Heroics were easy as piss before the raids came out, now there's no reason to do them anymore once you're geared for the raid.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Does alchemists no longer have that (weaker) flask with unlimited charges? I used to love that thing while questing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone have an affliction warlock guide? I get the keep dots up part, but it's the soul shard managing that's fucking me up.

Does alchemists no longer have that (weaker) flask with unlimited charges? I used to love that thing while questing.

Everyone gets one now. It's from a Lunarfall Inn daily quest.

Megasoum

Banned
So first time I play in years... There's still no easy way to transfer gold between your character if they are not on the same server or faction?

So first time I play in years... There's still no easy way to transfer gold between your character if they are not on the same server or faction?

I believe Factions share the AH now, so you can possibly set up like, a grey item for however much gold you have and transfer it that way(If you don't mind the AH tax). Crossserver? Not yet.

I ended up giving gold to alts on different servers/factions by farming Warbringers on my main, sending them the BoA rep tokens, and vendoring them (they vendor for 17.5g each).

Megasoum

Banned
Man it's fucking weird to login on your old Burning Crusade main and look at the guild roster... Some people I know that are still playing but most have been offline for 5 years.

Also I'm still in full Tirisfal set haha

Edit: Well damn... Looks like my pendaren was Alliance after all.. I already have like 20k gold available... Well that solve the gold issue lol.

Edit 2: Is Curse still the best place to get addons?

Apt101

I'd rather send Blizzard a Vine of me punching myself in the forehead with all of my might everyday than do those accursed Apexis dailies. I just zone out and grind ahead until I hear the completion sound effect.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't mind the Apexis dailies because it's something to do. Otherwise my day goes

• Set work orders/ harvest herbs/ore
• Garrison missions
• Do profession CD
• Switch to alt
• Repeat
• Sit in 30-40 minute queue for a chance at gear in a heroic or sit in an hour plus queue for Ashran

I'd like Apexis dailies more if I got trade goods for completing them, or a bag of salvage. Crystals by themselves aren't going to cut it 2-3 months from now, let alone a year. I'm sensing a theme here, Blizzard not rewarding me as much for my time spent outside my Garrison as time spent within. Hmm...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Trying to figure out best possible gold builds for my server with the alts and professions I have available got my garrison town hall like
Messy-Desk.jpg

I'd rather send Blizzard a Vine of me punching myself in the forehead with all of my might everyday than do those accursed Apexis dailies. I just zone out and grind ahead until I hear the completion sound effect.

Why do them? The gear you get from them seems pretty shitty anyways.

I've been enjoying the game much more since I realized how useless the crystals were and stopped sound the dailies.

ZenaxPure

I don't mind the Apexis dailies because it's something to do.

I like some of them, others suck. The big problem with them though is that it's significantly faster to just jump into a raid with the LFG tool and do them, which makes them horribly boring considering you can literally do nothing but follow people around and watch the bar fill up without ever attacking. I guess you could argue that I could just do them like normal, but, even then that's hard considering there is almost always a group daily up and it's not like I'm just going to do the one that gives less crystals because it is less boring.

I will say doing The Pit solo is actually really satisfying as a rogue because I get to you know... do rogue stuff like sneaking around and shit, but meh, I feel like an idiot when I see the 40 man raids run by steamrolling all the mobs in their path as I pick up a barrel of small ammo off the ground.

I'm sensing a theme here, Blizzard not rewarding me as much for my time spent outside my Garrison as time spent within. Hmm...

Been saying this shit for weeks now, it's dumb. I am praying to sweet baby thrall that 6.1 has some fun stuff in it but I'm not really holding my breath. Either way I hope they start talking about it soon, I feel like we already knew a lot about 5.1 by this point in MoP but that could be wrong.

th3dude

Hit 100 for the first time. Did my first proving grounds bronze to get the iLvl 610 blue weapon from the Garrison quest....

Instant upgrade to iLvl 640. Hell yea!

lpAL4ih.png

Fjordson

I'd like Apexis dailies more if I got trade goods for completing them, or a bag of salvage. Crystals by themselves aren't going to cut it 2-3 months from now, let alone a year. I'm sensing a theme here, Blizzard not rewarding me as much for my time spent outside my Garrison as time spent within. Hmm...
Definitely think that's true.

I'm already completely over Garrisons I think. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't enjoy keeping up with them at all. Followers, work orders, upgrading buildings. Could do without all of it.

Sort of done a complete 180 on WoD in general. Already really bored, at least right now. I finally got into Highmaul which I'll admit was fun, but eh. Group broke up after two bosses. The community is truly awful right now if you're someone without a solid guild or a bunch of friends to play with. Real bummer.

royalan

Got my character to 100 last week.

So far, I find that garrisons are a lot more fun while you're leveling. Then garrisons provide you with a wealth of interesting side things to do. End-game garrison play is kind of dull, though.

Sort of done a complete 180 on WoD in general. Already really bored, at least right now. I finally got into Highmaul which I'll admit was fun, but eh. Group broke up after two bosses. The community is truly awful right now if you're someone without a solid guild or a bunch of friends to play with. Real bummer.

THIS. 100 times THIS.

One huge problem I'm finding with WoD is that Blizzard is once again confusing "casual players" with "solo players".

I'm really starting to feel penalized for not having a tight-knit, reliable group of people to play with.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've pretty much been over Garrisons since the start. I think they're the worst thing about this expansion, they undermind a lot of the player driven economy, and they completely contradict the 'we want that MMO feel' of ground mounts by sticking everyone in their phased garrison. There's not much money to be made with Garrisons, the 'followers and missions' facebooky idea could work without garrisons if they HAD to do it, and there's practically no customization.

Not to mention, I don't think there's much gold to be made in Draenor AT ALL beyond getting lucky with BoE drops which will go away as raids become easier to get into. Most of my gold farming has nothing to do with Garrisons despite making several attempts to make them work.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Inscription and Enchanting for making money.

I sell glyphs, cards, and enchantmsnts and make decent gold if I put my mind to it. Garrison stuff supplements my AH activities quite well.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I've pretty much been over Garrisons since the start. I think they're the worst thing about this expansion, they undermind a lot of the player driven economy, and they completely contradict the 'we want that MMO feel' of ground mounts by sticking everyone in their phased garrison. There's not much money to be made with Garrisons, the 'followers and missions' facebooky idea could work without garrisons if they HAD to do it, and there's practically no customization.

Not to mention, I don't think there's much gold to be made in Draenor AT ALL beyond getting lucky with BoE drops which will go away as raids become easier to get into. Most of my gold farming has nothing to do with Garrisons despite making several attempts to make them work.

I am making more money then ever with Garrisons. Flasks sell nicely and don't take any effort to make since all the mats pop up in my garrison every day. Same with enchants. Plus my Blacksmith & Tailor can make a high selling item every week. I can also trade garrison resources for tradeskill mats at the trading post then AH them.

Fjordson

"LFM Mythic trash farming, first drop reserved"

Why do I keep seeing these groups in trade chat? Is the drop rate actually good? Seems like the worst thing ever.

Okay, so I'm not the only one. Garrisons hold pretty much zero appeal for me after just a few weeks. The thought of building one up again on an alt also sounds awful.

HIS. 100 times THIS.

One huge problem I'm finding with WoD is that Blizzard is once again confusing "casual players" with "solo players".

I'm really starting to feel penalized for not having a tight-knit, reliable group of people to play with.
Yeah, it really sucks. I've been guildless since Wrath and have never found it this difficult. Not quite sure what the reason is.

vocab

The whole trash farming/disband after kargath is pretty toxic in general. I know hes the first boss, but cmon blizz. People abuse this shit like crazy.

ZenaxPure

Okay, so I'm not the only one. Garrisons hold pretty much zero appeal for me after just a few weeks. The thought of building one up again on an alt also sounds awful.

Yeah I don't like garrisons on alts. Well, the buildings I am fine with because you can just do the work orders once a day, it's the followers that I don't like. I actually am a huge fan of the follower system to be honest (I've liked that kind of gameplay since all the way back to FFT where I first encountered it), but, one character is enough. Logging off and then on to another character for the sole purpose of sending people out on missions is tedious. Which is a shame because follower missions would be a great way to gear up my alts (which I'd like to do for Brawler Guild purposes).

Duesy

"LFM Mythic trash farming, first drop reserved"

Why do I keep seeing these groups in trade chat? Is the drop rate actually good? Seems like the worst thing ever.

Yeah, it really sucks. I've been guildless since Wrath and have never found it this difficult. Not quite sure what the reason is.

First drop reserved so they can leave after they get it and start another group instantly. Its all a scam.

Saucy_XL

Banned
Got my Warlock to 90 finally. Did it in 2 days 21 hours with some dilly-dallying and leveling professions. However that 90 boost will be awfully tempting next time I make a fresh alt because I don't think I can do WotLK again. Those 12 levels are so long and Utgarde Keep only gives 10k exp for completing it, and you get it probably 50% of the time when you random queue.

59-80 is laborious. I can't even express how crap it is. Probably wouldn't be so bad if quests gave a little more exp and the dungeons didn't repeat so often. It's insane how I get 13-16k Quest exp in 50-58 zones and then back to 10k in tbc.

Note: this is with 3 pieces of hierloom gear.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
59-80 is laborious. I can't even express how crap it is. Probably wouldn't be so bad if quests gave a little more exp and the dungeons didn't repeat so often. It's insane how I get 13-16k Quest exp in 50-58 zones and then back to 10k in tbc.

Note: this is with 3 pieces of hierloom gear.
I'm at lvl 69 on a DK with 13 hours played. I have a 45% boost from heirlooms and I'm just doing dungeons. It has been about two dungeons a level.

Apt101

I'm OK with garrisons. Actually, I've cooled on them, I should say, after having been really enthusiastic about them while leveling. I think they have some issues related to crafting, economy, and pacing to work out.

I just wish one could trade the menagerie for another small structure. I really have no desire to level a number of pets to 25. I could get into it if Draenor crafted or purchased pets were level 25 already (like the mechanical axebeak or the pet sold in the trading post).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Got my character to 100 last week.

So far, I find that garrisons are a lot more fun while you're leveling. Then garrisons provide you with a wealth of interesting side things to do. End-game garrison play is kind of dull, though.

THIS. 100 times THIS.

They should add an automated normal raid finder for people who have killed bosses on normal.

Getting declined countless k'oragh invites when I have 2 kills, do magic dps too, and just want to use my bonus roll is shit. When I do find a group, I hear them focusing too much on ilvl, casters, and not paying attention on if they know the mechanics from experience or not.

I am in a guild, but I don't want to wait 4 days for the next raid.

Are you Horde?

Is alliance pugging less toxic?

Top Bottom