• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Mothman91

They have to have a 6.1 "things to do at endgame other than your weekly raid" patch out soon, they just have to.
Wasn't end game always about raiding? I mean it was for me. I'm glad they don't have as many daily rep grinds as before, was really irritating doing a few dailies just for one reputation group.

I can't even remember what other things you could've done besides raiding in the other expansions...

Magnus

It happened today. I hit the same wall some of you have where the only place left to go at endgame is really Raiding. And man, I just don't want to commit to 2h+ at a time. I might have to leave or want to do something else and don't want to bail on a group.

Sucks. I can't believe I used to be down for 3-4h raid sessions, 3x a week or more. Life's changed so much.

Suddenly makes everything else feel empty; why have I geared myself up so much if the only point really was the raids, and now, I don't even have the time to do that.

Really makes the gutting of LFR that much sadder. I was hoping LFR would get a touch harder, not easier.

I guess I'll venture into a Normal or something this week and see if it's alright that I only commit to 2h max or something.

I must say, it's awesome to finally feel like King Shit DPS. Shadow Priest (COP) melts the fucking meter. Love it. Just wish it was more 'exciting' visually. So many of our spells have barely any visual effect going on. Mind Flay and Halo have both been visually neutered over the years and both look worse than their original incarnations. And you can't even use Halo safely in most PvE environments.

Robin64

Wasn't end game always about raiding? I mean it was for me. I'm glad they don't have as many daily rep grinds as before, was really irritating doing a few dailies just for one reputation group.

I can't even remember what other things you could've done besides raiding in the other expansions...

Wow, no. Plenty of people don't raid (or don't raid 7 days of the week) and many actually enjoyed dailies. The Landfall patch was especially liked, with how the dailies led into weekly story quests.

Karl Hawk

Banned
They have to have a 6.1 "things to do at endgame other than your weekly raid" patch out soon, they just have to.

I never did MoP dailies, but I would really like rep dailies for WoD. Farming mobs for rep grinding isn't fun.

I think Blizz messed up not putting dailies in WoD. Hell, I only raid on a weekly basis and don't see myself doing Mythic any time soon.

88% chance on a follower mission for a 645 weapon -FAIL. This is my nightmare. Between failing garrison missions for loot and getting the same freaking piece over and over on my monk I want to cry. I can only run so many heroics and getting shoulders I don't need over an upgrade before giving up.
Had a 97% this morning on a 630 item that failed. I'm gonna be really pissed if my current 24 hour one for stones comes back fail at 90%. Might even channel my inner Yoshi.

th3dude

So, I queued for the Molton Core anniversary raid.

Holy crap is it boring. What was Blizz thinking?

10 bosses, all required, and no loot until Ragnaros. And even then, one 640 helm, a mount, and a chance for a pet.

Anyway, queued up, joined a fresh raid. Raid leader was literally announcing things like 'stay at mark' and 'use AoE' and while those announcements were up people were just running through the marks and pulling. It was so bad.

Even once things calmed down, the raid itself is such a snore. We were 2 hours in before I realized how long it was. We were only 4 bosses in. Screw that. Quit.

I'd have to be pretty bored to queue up for that again.

strafer

So, I queued for the Molton Core anniversary raid.

Holy crap is it boring. What was Blizz thinking?

10 bosses, all required, and no loot until Ragnaros. And even then, one 640 helm, a mount, and a chance for a pet.

Anyway, queued up, joined a fresh raid. Raid leader was literally announcing things like 'stay at mark' and 'use AoE' and while those announcements were up people were just running through the marks and pulling. It was so bad.

Even once things calmed down, the raid itself is such a snore. We were 2 hours in before I realized how long it was. We were only 4 bosses in. Screw that. Quit.

I'd have to be pretty bored to queue up for that again.

It's not news. It's a 10 year old raid. You should know what to expect.

th3dude

It's not news. It's a 10 year old raid. You should know what to expect.

Well, I'd never done the original raid. Didn't play back then.

But I did expect more chances for loot or for it not to be that long. I just expected 1-2 hours to get a mount, knock out an achievement, and see the bosses.

But no.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Well, I'd never done the original raid. Didn't play back then.

But I did expect more chances for loot or for it not to be that long. I just expected 1-2 hours to get a mount, knock out an achievement, and see the bosses.

But no.
For most people it'll take 2-3 hours. Sounds like you had an especially bad group.

Mothman91

Wow, no. Plenty of people don't raid (or don't raid 7 days of the week) and many actually enjoyed dailies. The Landfall patch was especially liked, with how the dailies led into weekly story quests.
Haha, you're right. Not everyone raids, was being a little ignorant there ;)

Wasn't Landfall the small island, didn't include a raid. I think it was right before ToT?

ampere

I feel like there's a lot to do at 100. Garrisons, Challenge Modes, Achievements, Raiding, PvP, Pet Battles, etc.

Really looking forward to doing Gold CMs, probably start this week. Some really sweet weapons xmogs to get.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Haha, you're right. Not everyone raids, was being a little ignorant there ;)

Wasn't Landfall the small island, didn't include a raid. I think it was right before ToT?

Yeah. ToT was on Patch 5.2. Landfall was from Patch 5.1

I feel like there's a lot to do at 100. Garrisons, Challenge Modes, Achievements, Raiding, PvP, Pet Battles, etc.

Really looking forward to doing Gold CMs, probably start this week. Some really sweet weapons xmogs to get.

Heh, if you said that on the general forums, people would call you out as a shill. :p

Then again, I always take anyone from official forums (regardless of which game) with a grain of salt. Sometimes, I'd like to have my own opinions on any gaming experience I've had regardless of what anonymous official forum-goers say.

Mothman91

How many 645 missions have you all gotten as of yet? Only 1 atm...kind of bummed about that too. My 645 followers are gathering dust sitting around.

ampere

Heh, if you said that on the general forums, people would call you out as a shill. :p

lol, maybe.

I think there's been plenty wrong with the expac so far in terms of individual design decisions (trinket buff/nerfs, crafting, ashran, pvp gear pre-season, arbitrary hidden number of boss kills for highmaul missions, etc), but overall Draenor is pretty sweet. No shill, honest! ;p

Mupod

as funny as I think it is that Croman came with tailoring, most of my epic followers are GARBAGE. Every single one of them has 'counters timed battle'. Multiple counterspells too. Nobody has burst of power or anything else good, I have one epic mount.

I see there's a way to respec them but I've never seen a mission to get the retraining thing. I've got two at 645 and I've yet to see a mission requiring that ilvl. When I do I'll be ready since I have enough stuff to get two more followers up there...just don't have any that are worth using items on. I've got a few that are about to turn epic so hopefully those work out.

StMeph

I see there's a way to respec them but I've never seen a mission to get the retraining thing. I've got two at 645 and I've yet to see a mission requiring that ilvl. When I do I'll be ready since I have enough stuff to get two more followers up there...just don't have any that are worth using items on. I've got a few that are about to turn epic so hopefully those work out.

I've only seen one reroll token mission so far.

Megasoum

Banned
What is that MC special raid you guys are talking about?

Just started playing the game again for the first time in years last week.

Karl Hawk

Banned
What is that MC special raid you guys are talking about?

Just started playing the game again for the first time in years last week.

A level 100 version of Molten Core for WoW's 10th anniversary (Lasts till 5th January).

Let's just say that experiencing it was miserable for some people. It was my first time seeing how a 40-man raid looks like, and I already hated the format.

Megasoum

Banned
A level 100 version of Molten Core for WoW's 10th anniversary (Lasts till 5th January).

Let's just say that experiencing it was miserable for some people. It was my first time seeing how a 40-man raid looks like, and I already hated the format.

To be fair MC was kinda miserable even back then so it's an accurate representation lol.

On a similar note, I haven't done a dungeon since Cata... I managed to level to 90 in MoP without ever setting foot in a 5man.

Now I'm kinda nervous to start doing dungeons again lol... Especialy since I'm a healer.

MC and TMvSS feel like their way of saying "Remember how fun Vanilla was? No you don't. It was shit so quit asking for it." Both are wildly out of tune with the modern WoW experience and not really reflective of the actual Vanilla experience.

Sure, I joined an MC group at 57 and wiped on trash for a few hours before giving up once upon a time, but the trash in MC was just a timer for the most part, whereas in this version the bosses are mostly jokes and trash management is the difficult part.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
To be fair MC was kinda miserable even back then so it's an accurate representation lol.

On a similar note, I haven't done a dungeon since Cata... I managed to level to 90 in MoP without ever setting foot in a 5man.

Now I'm kinda nervous to start doing dungeons again lol... Especialy since I'm a healer.

As you should be, healing seems harder than what it was in MoP.(at least, with my holy paladin). Haven't done heroics yet.

Draxal

MC used to be run in under an hour back in the day if you have a dedicated raid group ... (which lfr isn't.)

Vanilla = decurse decurse decurse, and wait for core hound packs to despawn.

TM vs SS and Ashran is actually kinda fun in a mindless sort of way. I actually really like TM vs SS a ton but I wished I had a ranged character for it.

Draxal

Ulduar is my favorite raid, I loved the implementation of hard modes there. I think Mimiron hard mode is my favorite boss of all time.

Chris R

Working for weeks to be the 2nd horde guild on the server to clear BWL and then one shotting every boss the next week was so much damn fun.

Are you following any guides/lists to figure out which raids you can go back and do? I'm really interested in doing this as well.

I'm just going to them and seeing how I do

but like others have said, any cata and before dungeon is just faceroll. Myrmidon requires some sort of ranged ability to attack his head but everything else has been so easy.

I pulled sartharion and had him and all his trash dead within 20 seconds, and I took maybe 500 damage the whole fight. got the bag and the drake mount.

Alliance and horde now have a portal that will take you to Hellfire. Upstairs from the portal that takes you to Draenor.

Could also take the portal to Shattrath in Shrine.

Thanks everyone, forgot about the stupid portals but that'll do.

Megasoum

Banned
Ulduar is my favorite raid, I loved the implementation of hard modes there.

I stopped raiding right before Ulduar in WOTLK. I had done everything before that excep Sunwell.

Didn't do any of the raids after that except like 1 boss in Cata I think.

Working for weeks to be the 2nd horde guild on the server to clear BWL and then one shotting every boss the next week was so much damn fun.

One of my guild got Nefarius on the very first try lol...was fucking amazing. Me and my friend were the only two people in the group who had done the fight before, on different characters. We had switched to alts in another guild for a little while and progressed slowly but surely through BWL with them. The night we got Chromaggus for the first time it was already late but we decided "hey what the heck, might as well try Nef at least once". Me and my friend explained the strategy quickly over vent and then proceded to kill him on the first try haha.

Granted we were using the shout exploit but still.

One of my guild got Nefarius on the very first try lol...was fucking amazing. Me and my friend were the only two people in the group who had done the fight before, on different characters. We had switched to alts in another guild for a little while and progressed slowly but surely through BWL with them. The night we got Chromaggus for the first time it was already late but we decided "hey what the heck, might as well try Nef at least once". Me and my friend explained the strategy quickly over vent and then proceded to kill him on the first try haha.

Granted we were using the shout exploit but still.

The "battle shout gives a lot of threat when hitting a lot of folks" thing? Not really an exploit. Good Warios used that judiciously throughout Vanilla until it was fixed in 2.0.1.

My realm just kaput in the middle of the butcher fight

How many 645 missions have you all gotten as of yet? Only 1 atm...kind of bummed about that too. My 645 followers are gathering dust sitting around.

I am seeing more 630 items missions last week and got my first reputation mission with the arakkoa (56% ftw lol). Still no 645 missions maybe because I only have one follower at 655

Mupod

is there a resource anywhere for getting up to speed on pvp stuff? I've been away so long that all the shit flying around just feels overwhelming. I do like how druid resto pvp plays now but I have no idea if I'm doing anything effectively. I did win both MoP-themed BGs but I was incredibly confused, I just healed everyone like crazy and at one point I had to ask if we were winning.

Also is it just me or is spirit useless for druid pvp healing? I never felt like my mana was going down and I was regrowthing like crazy. I'm wearing full balance gear.

Megasoum

Banned
The "battle shout gives a lot of threat when hitting a lot of folks" thing? Not really an exploit. Good Warios used that judiciously throughout Vanilla until it was fixed in 2.0.1.

Yeah, we just put everybody on throne and the stairs in front and all the warriors at the bottom of the stairs to shout non stop lol.

Always through it was considered an exploit.

Anyway, the funniest part was that we had only really explained phase one of the fight before going in since we never expected to get through the first phase on the first attempt. Me and my friend had to scramble on vent to quickly explain everything during the phase transition lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, we just put everybody on throne and the stairs in front and all the warriors at the bottom of the stairs to shout non stop lol.

Always through it was considered an exploit.

Anyway, the funniest part was that we had only really explained phase one of the fight before going in since we never expected to get through the first phase on the first attempt. Me and my friend had to scramble on vent to quickly explain everything during the phase transition lol.

Sounds just like my first time up against Nef in vanilla. Never thought we'd get that far so we didn't bother explaining past phase 1.

Megasoum

Banned
So I know that Blizzard doesn't want to you fly around while leveling and all that but do you eventually get a flying skill for Draenor? I feel like I haven'T seen anybody flying so far.

Megasoum

Banned

Bleh that's dumb

Another noob question. Doesn the base game include kind of raid warnings now? For example I'm reading up on the 5 man dungeons right now and looks like there's a fair bit of dispelling to do. Do you get a warning now when somebody needs to be cleansed or you still need an addon for that?

Peachpies

Bleh that's dumb

Another noob question. Doesn the base game include kind of raid warnings now? For example I'm reading up on the 5 man dungeons right now and looks like there's a fair bit of dispelling to do. Do you get a warning now when somebody needs to be cleansed or you still need an addon for that?
the blizzard raid frames will show debuffs

vocab

Bleh that's dumb

You need to set up party/raid frames to show dispellable debuffs.

There are some alerts that will say dispel now! But there's not many of those outside boss mods. Get a boss mod.

StMeph

So I know that Blizzard doesn't want to you fly around while leveling and all that but do you eventually get a flying skill for Draenor? I feel like I haven'T seen anybody flying so far.

Aviana's Feather is the closest thing, and the best item out of the Inn/Tavern after the new WoD Crystal. Seriously, you can fly straight to Highmaul with the thing from the Frostfire Garrison.

sogood.gif

Magnus

Aviana's Feather is the closest thing, and the best item out of the Inn/Tavern after the new WoD Crystal. Seriously, you can fly straight to Highmaul with the thing from the Frostfire Garrison.

sogood.gif

Haha, that far? Amazing. I have to start using this thing more.

ZenaxPure

sogood.gif

My favorite part about it was how it trivialized the nagrand treasures you were supposed to use goblin gliders for. It was like I COULD run all the way back to the goblin and get a new glider for the next point, or, I could just sit here afk for 10 minutes browsing the internet until my feather came back.

Top Bottom