• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They've got shitty animations though. I don't know who at Blizzard decided that every race needs to spin to attack.
I like the Dwarf male animations. Dwarf female is the absolute worst in the game. Every time they cast a spell they flinch like they got their head banged in.

Apt101

Heroic Skyreach from hell. That place is usually formulaic.

1. As soon as we arrive a DPS goes AFK. I wait three minutes then kick him with the reason "wears depends and is AFK". The healer takes offense and leaves too. Uh. K.

2. New DPS and healer arrives. A warlock who just casts a few spells and AFK's each battle. He dies instantly on the first boss, just stands there as we die on the second because no one but me will block the robot beams. The DPS leaves, we get a new one, a good enhancement shaman.

3. The tank and healer begin arguing. The third DPS ups and leaves in the middle the next try on the boss. I have died five times at this point. Honestly, they (tank and healer) both sucked, but me and the other DPS just let them go at it and remain silent. The healer can barely keep the tank up, the tank runs in circles and isn't using cooldowns. They both teleport out and eventually leave as the shaman and I shoot the shit

4. A guild group comes in filling out the remaining three spots. Overjoyed, we finish rapidly. The shaman gets a few nice upgrades along the way. I need to send him a friend request. We bonded through our ordeal.

vocab

3. The tank and healer begin arguing. The third DPS ups and leaves in the middle the next try on the boss. I have died five times at this point. Honestly, they (tank and healer) both sucked, but me and the other DPS just let them go at it and remain silent.

Wow's not for everyone.

dimb

Putting more time into Fury makes the warrior situation feel even weirder. Fury can have surprisingly great AOE, maybe even better than Arms in certain situations. I really wasn't expecting that.

dimb

I was in a heroic Auchindoun yesterday where I was the one person standing behind the shield.

It was almost comedic.
When I did it today it was just me and the healer. Then the healer walked out from behind the shield to heal people while the AOE damage was still going off.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I was in a heroic Auchindoun yesterday where I was the one person standing behind the shield.

It was almost comedic.

It's gonna be 1% alts, 99% extreme casuals.

I just asked my guild to run heroics, I got my tank set and split. I don't think I'll do any more heroics the rest of the expansion unless a friend/guildie needs help.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The majority of my heroics have been very smooth because of the proving grounds thing. That was the one outlier. Like today I pugged Iron Docks and we ended up doing all the achievements in there.

The only reason I won't do Heroics more often is the ridiculous queue times. And there's no justice equivalent to keep me going back on geared characters.

Mothman91

You know, if your pug info says to pull a certain amount of dps and it's a 10 man group and 2 of them are 3k dps below that threshold, maybe you should think about replacing them after a few wipes...

Just something I noticed when trying to down Imp all weekend, some raid leaders need to man up and just replace people if they can't pull the weight. As a healer, having those adds stay up too long hurts my mana horribly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there an addon that tells me on tooltips which character has what items like ArkInventory? But without being ark inventory because I just want the bag frames to stay default?

Apt101

Yay only a one hour maintenance, and early. I have tomorrow off so this is good. I guess I should go apartment shopping in GTA 5 online. Last night the N-word flinging late crowd was out in full force and immediately turned me off, but I'll just solo session it I think.

Oh, and I ran Highmaul LFR three times bruning my re-rolls trying to get gloves from the last boss, got ~30 gold each time. Honestly, Blizzard, increase the chances of drops. We're already spending resources and time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Made 2k soloing an old raid on my hunter AND got a BoE purple from salvage on my Hunter before shutdown. Can't beat that.

Why would you want bag frames to stay default?

Because the default UI works fine for what I need it for especially with the filters in place now. All I need is a search/tooltip button.

Maint said 1 hour before. Now it says 2. itsstarting.jpg

Robin64

So today's LFR wing that opens is the Arcane Sanctum. Here are some tactics I am sure we will all need to clear that place:

Tectus - Attack the boss until he dies.
Twin Ogron - Attack the bosses until they die.
Ko'ragh - Attack the boss until he dies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So today's LFR wing that opens is the Arcane Sanctum. Here are some tactics I am sure we will all need to clear that place:

I dunno how we'll be able to manage that...

Apt101

So much of this LFR gear has crummy stats. Kind of makes me want to run normal raids with my guild. But they aren't the best, honestly, but I stick with them because they're really cool. I was demoted by the GL when she saw me running normal Highmaul with another guild (old WoW friends I bumped into). I deserved it, but hey, we finished all the bosses in no time while my guild wiped multiple times on Kargath and barely tried the next boss. Player gotta play.

vocab

I'm gonna need a notepad add-on to save all these hot tips for my lfr guild.

dimb

So much of this LFR gear has crummy stats. Kind of makes me want to run normal raids with my guild. But they aren't the best, honestly, but I stick with them because they're really cool. I was demoted by the GL when she saw me running normal Highmaul with another guild (old WoW friends I bumped into). I deserved it, but hey, we finished all the bosses in no time while my guild wiped multiple times on Kargath and barely tried the next boss. Player gotta play.
Highmaul gear in general just has strangely allocated stats. I'm pretty sure BRF will be better. Also, it seems really weird to be demoted for running a normal raid with another guild with how lockouts work right now. Unless, say, the times directly conflicted.

Do your inactive followers count towards the quests you get? Cause this is ridiculous now. One 615 quest and a shit ton of lower 90 quests. Most of my followers are like 625

I can bo longer gear them up or get high level quests. All my active followers are 100

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Unless you're skipping raids, I don't think you deserve it. You can still help them kill the bosses while gearing up elsewhere.

Your GM shouldn't expect you to stay bottlenecked on normal Kargath either.

vocab

So what does demoted mean in a guild who can't kill normal kargath? Bitch duty? Farm feasts for the raid for a week? Benched(the horror)?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

These two things are related. Doing the raid outside of raid night does nothing negative for your raid.

In fact, it's a bonus since it takes one person out of the loot rolls. I would /gquit that place so fast, not before telling them how dumb they are.

Acidote

Ok, finally got to level 100 without touching Nagrand after being overseas since the game launch. Now I have to get some item level to be rushed and carried on heroics by my guildmates. Got Khadgar's ring and was told to grab some pvp gear from a Nagrand's vendor. Any other advice to quickly up my item level to 610? I've been so busy as of late that I know barely anything about this xpac.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ok, finally got to level 100 without touching Nagrand after being overseas since the game launch. Now I have to get some item level to be rushed and carried on heroics by my guildmates. Got Khadgar's ring and was told to grab some pvp gear from a Nagrand's vendor. Any other advice to quickly up my item level to 610? I've been so busy as of late that I know barely anything about this xpac.

Just build a war mill and quest in Nagrand.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Do Nagrand quests.

Robin64

Get the garrison building that increases chance of quest rewards being upgraded, then do Nagrand and the Proving Grounds quest. I was at about 619 with that done and some lucky procs.

Apt101

These two things are related. Doing the raid outside of raid night does nothing negative for your raid.

In fact, it's a bonus since it takes one person out of the loot rolls. I would /gquit that place so fast, not before telling them how dumb they are.

I get why it happened. My guild runs multiple raids due to its large size and a lot of people who work late (like 5 of us are in healthcare or health IT). I am one of the best geared already, and do good DPS, and our secondary tank really could have used the helping hand. Problem is everyone else was barely at the minimum and I ran with them before, I didn't want to waste another night.

I'll be a good guildie and help them out tonight. But after that I told my GL that I want to progress no matter what. She understood and promised to promote me again when she's on tonight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
LFR resets when server/dailies reset, right? Am I remembering that right? I thought they had a earlier reset than regular raids/dungeons.

Robin64

Those DPS really need to do some Heroics and LFR first. Not gearing up is pretty much a crime if you are going raiding.

Apt101

Those DPS really need to do some Heroics and LFR first. Not gearing up is pretty much a crime if you are going raiding.

Yea I don't know what their deal is. They only logon to raid now it seems. I've offered to run heroics with them along with a tank friend of mine who is already geared up about as best as one can hope for this early into the content. None ever take me up on it.

mileS

Why on earth would you nerf BM when it was already terrible? Or is it an oversight that it got collateral nerfed by MM?
.That Kill Shot change has an extremely trivial (<1%) impact on Beast Mastery. With MM nerfed, BM should get some play now. (Celestalon)
~Problem is BM was already low.~
.It's difficult to say anything conclusive (UP or not) about a spec that only 1-3% of hunters play in raids. (Celestalon)

Why don't you sit there and ponder for a second WHY...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tome of the Clear Mind now stacks to 200 (up from 20).

Apt101

Any other ret paladins here? I've been running with empowered seals for the secondary benefits, seems to be working well for me, but I've been thinking about that Templar's Verdict upgrade. Does it improve DPS for a mastery/crit build? Or is it geared for PvP burst? I figure the +15% attack power trumps it in the long run, but thought I'd ask around.

Any other ret paladins here? I've been running with empowered seals for the secondary benefits, seems to be working well for me, but I've been thinking about that Templar's Verdict upgrade. Does it improve DPS for a mastery/crit build? Or is it geared for PvP burst?

I play Ret. PM your Battle Tag

Robin64

Any other ret paladins here? I've been running with empowered seals for the secondary benefits, seems to be working well for me, but I've been thinking about that Templar's Verdict upgrade. Does it improve DPS for a mastery/crit build? Or is it geared for PvP burst? I figure the +15% attack power trumps it in the long run, but thought I'd ask around.

From Icy Veins

The best choice in this tier is probably Final Verdict, not least of all because of its ease-of-use and general applicability. Additionally, this talent boosts the damage of Divine Storm greatly, making it very powerful in cleaving situations.

Empowered Seals is much more difficult (and challenging) to use, and there is no increase in damage, especially at lower item levels. This talent will be of interest at higher item levels, or for players who are looking for a more challenging rotation.

Seraphim is likewise more difficult to use, and it also is not as good as Final Verdict at lower item levels. It could only ever be useful in scenarios where you have to burst down something, and where this burst is of paramount importance (so much so that you can pool up 5 Holy Power for it). Otherwise, there is no reason to use this over Final Verdict.

I've been running Final Verdict and it seems really solid.

Acidote

I feel like my enhancement shaman is going to be a piece of shit with the gear available now and a god among insects when fully geared with the changes they've been doing to the spec (and even more with Elemental).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like my enhancement shaman is going to be a piece of shit with the gear available now and a god among insects when fully geared with the changes they've been doing to the spec (and even more with Elemental).

As gear gets higher, Enhance will get left behind by warriors.

Top Bottom