• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why are there a bunch of 50s, 60s, and 70s outside of Bastion of Twilight? I mean I know why there are outside of Stonecore because they're the appropriate level and botting, but I don't know what these guys are doing.
adssad1ns9y.jpg
See? It's eerie They're up to something.

JSoup

Banned
Why are there a bunch of 50s, 60s, and 70s outside of Bastion of Twilight? I mean I know why there are outside of Stonecore because they're the appropriate level and botting, but I don't know what these guys are doing.

See? It's eerie They're up to something.

Probably farming something or other. During Cata, bots were running blood furnace for farming purposes, although I don't remember what specifically was being farmed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I haven't done any HM raiding this expansion because I've been working on gold farming, alt leveling, mounts, etc. How is it for melee so far? All I did was Butcher on beta. Doubt I'll raid at all this tier because I want to take a break and figure out a main, but I'm curious what direction I should be looking at in terms of DPS.

I haven't done any HM raiding this expansion because I've been working on gold farming, alt leveling, mounts, etc. How is it for melee so far? All I did was Butcher on beta. Doubt I'll raid at all this tier because I want to take a break and figure out a main, but I'm curious what direction I should be looking at in terms of DPS.

Both melee and ranged seem to be fine in Highmaul. Each have their mechanics to deal with. Dunno about BRF yet.

And man fuck Wowhead mobile site. Fucking ads automatically open and redirect the App Store to shit every 20 seconds. There's a reason I've left Adblock on for them on my PC.

Maybe I'll bitch them out directly on Twitter or something. Also been having issues trying to recover a password for my account there, but not getting sent anything. Even checking my spam folder.

Apt101

Tried out Final Verdict right quick in Ashran as well. Healers are no longer so safe in their shields, muhaha (it also helped that I went straight no-life style and built up a near full elite set of PvP gear). Murdering fools. A pocket healer, frost DK, and I went on rampage behind enemy lines and killed like 20 people, no exaggeration, before being taken down. Groups of three to four at a time. Cleared a path to the boss.

Robin64

What did you guys think about the Isle of Quel'Danas dailies?

They were pretty basic and a little repetitive but I can forgive that because it was their first attempt. What was really great though is how it was tied to a server wide effort to progress the island. Smaller than AQ but still cool.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Probably farming something or other. During Cata, bots were running blood furnace for farming purposes, although I don't remember what specifically was being farmed.

I mean they're all like various levels though and none of them could surviva in BoT. They're a bunch of dwarves in starter zone gear around various levels. There's some undead as well.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Tried out Final Verdict right quick in Ashran as well. Healers are no longer so safe in their shields, muhaha (it also helped that I went straight no-life style and built up a near full elite set of PvP gear). Murdering fools. A pocket healer, frost DK, and I went on rampage behind enemy lines and killed like 20 people, no exaggeration, before being taken down. Groups of three to four at a time. Cleared a path to the boss.

Yep, Ret is my main. I feel near unstoppable at times and I'm not even that great at pvp.

Apt101

Got my LFR boots, broke 640 iLvL. Still didn't get my Brackenspore gloves. I wish I could find a better weapon. Man weapon drops are scarce.

Yep, Ret is my main. I feel near unstoppable at times and I'm not even that great at pvp.

I've found that we hit the lottery sometimes, and can blast opponents with our big hits six to seven times in a row. No one can withstand 150k-350k damage in the span of 15 seconds. We put them right back on their heels. The down side is that when the RNG gods aren't favoring us we're just trying to survive. A fine trade off IMO.

Mupod

What did you guys think about the Isle of Quel'Danas dailies?

the only dailies I ever had fun doing, but it wasn't because of the dailies. The place was basically a battleground with the objectives being

a) hold that one chokepoint going to the shore
b) get a bunch of size increases on my tauren and stand on top of vendors so alliance attack me and get mobbed by guards

ampere

So today's LFR wing that opens is the Arcane Sanctum. Here are some tactics I am sure we will all need to clear that place:

Tectus - Attack the boss until he dies.

You forgot a big part of the Tectus stat. You have to "RE-RE-RE-RE-RETURN TO THE EARTH" x10

The dialogue on that fight is hilarious, super repetitive silly sayings when he splits. Kept reminding us of the silly "Break yourselves upon my body!" from Stonecore.

ampere

http://static.squarespace.com/static/522a2049e4b0a0ce717e990c/t/5271a985e4b083a31aebbe8c/1383180808865/[IMG][/QUOTE]

At first I was like that, but then I thought why don't they just remove the damn things lol.

Bag space got wrecked hard with WoD I feel like. Although part of that is because I've saved almost every 630 I've looted in case I want to make a differently weighted set for CMs. At least they are making caged beasts stack too, and they recently made follower upgrade tokens stack.

Today I'm a fraud. Stood by Drov's spawn with my ilvl 595 warrior and signed up for every drov LFG I could find. Got into one, did what I could to the adds, died twice, got gloves. I'm the problem. :(

Rapstah

You forgot a big part of the Tectus stat. You have to "RE-RE-RE-RE-RETURN TO THE EARTH" x10

The dialogue on that fight is hilarious, super repetitive silly sayings when he splits. Kept reminding us of the silly "Break yourselves upon my body!" from Stonecore.

Ichoron in Violet Hold was the worst for that. I wonder what the deal is with elemental bosses that split and repetitive dialogue.

Draxal

Final Verdict turned out to be a massive DPS boost. Holy cock.

Check out the mmo champion threads, the talents really change depending on gear level and weapon. But final verdict/divine purpose spam is my fav build because RNG is Fun.

You might want to try out seraphim/sw though. Thing with final verdict/divine favor is that it is the best in any aoe situation.

mclem

In fact, it's a bonus since it takes one person out of the loot rolls.

Doesn't it also take one person out of the pool of people that determines the quantity of loot that drops? I don't think it's a net gain as such... but it's really not a loss, and the GM should act accordingly.

Edit: I was commenting on this thinking that that guild isn't that much better than ours, since we're about to start on Ko'ragh. Then I realised I'd misread. Wiping multiple times on Kargath? Eep?

Robin64

Good idea to skip LFR queues.. I could go in as a healer with my loot spec as dps, right? And then just do minimal terrible healing but still get through and boom, easy LFR quickly.

Son1x

You can just call me the locomotive.
54906aa816e2c.png

From a recent RBG. The whole game it was just chaos at BS, but we capped it early. I died once I think.

Atleast 6 rolls on butcher across lfr and normal, still no weapon. Starting to think I should craft one...

Also watcher saying gladiator should be highest single target, wtf is that. In the interview they said they wanted them all near equal.

Tacitus_

Atleast 6 rolls on butcher across lfr and normal, still no weapon. Starting to think I should craft one...

Also watcher saying gladiator should be highest single target, wtf is that. In the interview they said they wanted them all near equal.

They seem to be leaning towards niches at the moment. Arms has cleave/aoe coming out of its ass so Glad for being the best at ST since it has shit aoe/cleave could be their intention.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Where did they say this?
They seem to be leaning towards niches at the moment. Arms has cleave/aoe coming out of its ass so Glad for being the best at ST since it has shit aoe/cleave could be their intention.
Glad cleave is strong though. Probably stronger than Fury.

I like the idea about Arms being aoe focused, but god damn the amount of fights that melee cleave is applicable seems too low. Both tectus and the twins penalize raids for tanking them close together. It works for ranged because they can tab dot or the spread on their aoe is far enough. I think Arms is still in line for a buff according to that interview.

They say gladiator single target is higher but simcraft says much different...

Where did they say this?

Glad cleave is strong though. Probably stronger than Fury.

"You realize Gladiator is still ahead of both arms and fury on ST right? Fury is close, though.
It's almost as if that was the goal... (WatcherDev)"

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/542164932142190592

fixed link

Unless watcher is being unclear in what he's saying, that the goal is that their close, or he's saying that Glad should be higher.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Most of his talk about warriors seems like it happened before the Fury hotfix. Gladiator should obviously be competitive, but it has more utility and better defensive cooldowns than the other specs by a pretty wide margin. That's more where stuff falls apart for me.

Adaren

I like the idea about Arms being aoe focused, but god damn the amount of fights that melee cleave is applicable seems too low. Both tectus and the twins penalize raids for tanking them close together. It works for ranged because they can tab dot or the spread on their aoe is far enough. I think Arms is still in line for a buff according to that interview.

They say gladiator single target is higher but simcraft says much different...

Twin Ogrons rewards the raid for keeping the bosses together, and there's no penalty for keeping Tectus babies close together (arguably, it helps by consolidating where the crystalline barrages are coming from).

Unless watcher is being unclear in what he's saying, that the goal is that their close, or he's saying that Glad should be higher.

He's saying that the goal is for them to be close. One of them is always going to be a hair above the others, but that's okay as long as they're all close in absolute single target numbers.

ampere

Is there any way to test the default blizz raid unit frame without actually going in a raid/group?

I don't think so. You'll want at least one other group member so you can have an idea of how things are scaled.

Some unit frame mods have "test mode" which populates dummy player frames, but I don't think the default UI can do that.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Damn servers. I don't want to LFR over again.

Edit: I got dced from the battle.net desktop app, and it booted me. Third time this has happened in the middle of something, then I get put in a queue. Ok. that makes a lot of sense. I might switch to offline mode.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Most of his talk about warriors seems like it happened before the Fury hotfix. Gladiator should obviously be competitive, but it has more utility and better defensive cooldowns than the other specs by a pretty wide margin. That's more where stuff falls apart for me.

Not really. Fury and arms do more damage now and both have access to rallying cry which is already more raid/party utility than gladiator as a whole. As for defensives, I think they are pretty even considering gladiator is locked out of defensive stance which is a pretty hefty passive 20% damage reduction.

I don't think we'll see an arms buff anytime soon. Yeah the single target damage is ass but the AoE is too ridiculous. Wouldn't be surprised if they wait until 6.1 to nerf sweeping strikes and bring up single target damage. Enhance will probably get something similar with a fire nova nerf and single target buff.

Nugg

Is there an official stance from Blizzard regarding the uneven teams in the Southshore/Tarren BG? We're getting crushed 40 vs 15 every single time, I just want my achievement :(

Megasoum

Banned
Wait... I'm looking at my holy spec for my paly right now... Cleanse says that there's a 8sec cooldowns and the glyph is talking about charges but I can just spam it on myself right now and the only cooldown I get is the GCD.

Top Bottom