• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Peachpies

Wait... I'm looking at my holy spec for my paly right now... Cleanse says that there's a 8sec cooldowns and the glyph is talking about charges but I can just spam it on myself right now and the only cooldown I get is the GCD.
it only goes on cooldown if you dispel something

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Twin Ogron is actually a good bit harder than LFR wing 1 on LFR. Like there's not much mechanics, b ut you can definitely die. And healers have to pay some attention to it.

Twin Ogron is actually a good bit harder than LFR wing 1 on LFR. Like there's not much mechanics, b ut you can definitely die. And healers have to pay some attention to it.

People gonna forget what Determination is and wonder why magically they're doing better with every pull. "I'm a good player!"

The new lfr isn't too hard, you'll actually see deaths but it seems unlikely that you'll wipe. Also both my warrior and my shaman got crap for loot, Butcher better drop his axe tonight. Going to be pissed if tanks roll against me for the strength axe. Guild leader already told me not to roll on gladiator stuff, which I agree with because I want to go fury and bonus armor is better on the tanks, better not be a double standard...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The new lfr isn't too hard, you'll actually see deaths but it seems unlikely that you'll wipe. Also both my warrior and my shaman got crap for loot, Butcher better drop his axe tonight. Going to be pissed if tanks roll against me for the strength axe. Guild leader already told me not to roll on gladiator stuff, which I agree with because I want to go fury and bonus armor is better on the tanks, better not be a double standard...
? That butcher axe is the only strength 1h weapon in Highmaul. I doubt prot paladins and warriors will pass on it man.

Now if you were going 2h fury and they were rolling on the 2h's...

Megasoum

Banned
So how does the Personal Loot system works exactly? That wasn't there the last time I did a 5man so I was totally taken by surprise when there was no roll and a dude just looted a blue (that would have been an upgrade for me) on the first boss lol.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So how does the Personal Loot system works exactly? That wasn't there the last time I did a 5man so I was totally taken by surprise when there was no roll and a dude just looted a blue (that would have been an upgrade for me) on the first boss lol.
RNG. lol

The last boss has a guranteed drop. Not sure what the %s are on the previous bosses.

StMeph

So it's just pure random?

Are you at least sure to get something that you can use?

Personal loot randomly rolls loot for you from the drop table. It's exclusive to you, and not available to anyone else. Nor can it be traded. It's something that will fit your spec (or what you set the spec to for loot), but it's not going to avoid giving you something you already have or have better in, if that's what you mean.

Earlier estimates for Personal loot in T16 was 25%, but I am not sure if there were ever confirmations about Personal loot drop percentages, or if it's different in WoD. The final boss of Heroic dungeons have been changed to always drop an item in Personal loot mode.

Megasoum

Banned
Personal loot randomly rolls loot for you from the drop table. It's exclusive to you, and not available to anyone else. Nor can it be traded. It's something that will fit your spec (or what you set the spec to for loot), but it's not going to avoid giving you something you already have or have better in, if that's what you mean.

Earlier estimates for Personal loot in T16 was 25%, but I am not sure if there were ever confirmations about Personal loot drop percentages, or if it's different in WoD. The final boss of Heroic dungeons have been changed to always drop an item in Personal loot mode.

Ok that's cool. I didn't meant that it would only give you upgrades (that would be crazy) but as long as it's not giving my Paladin a gun or something it's good enough for me lol.

So basically it's the Diablo loot mechanic.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Thanks, may as well give Final Verdict a shot and see how it goes.

Final Verdict and Divine Purpose. I don't know if its a bug or intended but the free divine purpose count as spending holy power, so they can trigger DP. You can get a string of Final Verdicts without even spending holy power.

Doesn't it also take one person out of the pool of people that determines the quantity of loot that drops? I don't think it's a net gain as such... but it's really not a loss, and the GM should act accordingly.

Edit: I was commenting on this thinking that that guild isn't that much better than ours, since we're about to start on Ko'ragh. Then I realised I'd misread. Wiping multiple times on Kargath? Eep?

I don't think there's anyone in the world that would say that is a good idea. It's 1 piece of loot per 5 people, doing the raid before your guild does it is a fucking boon to the progression. Especially if you're stuck on what is a glorified tank and spank.

Mothman91

Anyone use Grid?

The way it's set up for me is that classes are grouped together, so the first row has(for example):

Dks first then the Warrios then when it's filled with 5 it goes on to the other rows. All classes are grouped together, I'm trying to have it how ever the raid is set up. Whatever group 1 is, I want my first row to be the same exact thing. Anyone know how to fix it?

and the blue drake still refuses to drop :/

Same. Today was kill 63 in my stats.

But I did finish meta on Dragon Soul and Cata Raider. Soloed the rest of Cata Raider (including Stay Chill). Dragon Soul had a guildmate help with Holding Hands but then he DC'd so I figured out how to do Defending the Deck solo as enhance. With limited range abilities I worked with what I had. Mainly it was when I noticed the two drakes are the same that drop off the dudes that I found I had time to attack them before they could shoot purple at me.

Tried to do Only the Penitent. Cleared up to then. Got a group using LFG. Seven people so one could hang back. People started getting antsy while trying to make sure everyone understood. Several people started moving forward properly and a hunter and its pet decided to try to walk up in stealth and failed us. Wowhead says you can reset but don't remember the full method. A few people leave right away, one of which says they'll try their own method to reset it. Remaining folks back out, try to reset all instances, and go back in with no change. In that time one of the folks that dropped from the group but was still inside killed the trash but not the boss. We completely dropped raid at this point and I'm hoping it'll soft reset after a couple hours. But the problem is now this: When I go back in solo it tells me I'm not part of the instance group and boots me after a minute. I cleared up to Majordomo and I can Far Sight forward and see he's still up. Will that fix itself? How can I get it to allow me back in if nothing else to kill Ragnaros for a chance at the mount?

Argh.

strafer

Even Michael Bay is jealous.

IlLSBN7.gif

? That butcher axe is the only strength 1h weapon in Highmaul. I doubt prot paladins and warriors will pass on it man.

Now if you were going 2h fury and they were rolling on the 2h's...

It's mostly blizzard's fault for having such a bad designed loot system (both two handers drop off the last two bosses), but honestly, what's more important, a stat stick for tanks that don't lose threat, or the best stat for a fury/glad/dk? I agreed not to roll on bonus armor stuff (which is the best secondary stat by far for glad war), the same standard should be held for one handers.

Megasoum

Banned
Dunno if I'm blind but I'm level 92 and I feel like I haven't noticed even once when I leveled? Do they still play the animation with the pop-up and all that?

Another thing, when I completed a quest the blue boots I was supposed to get got upgraded to purple instead? What's that?

I feel so lost lol... So many things changed since the last time I played.

Couldn't get my Ashran Conquest this week on my DK because every time I signed up it never popped in the 2-3 hours I had to play that character every day or so.

Worst thing is it doesn't even pool like the normal conquest cap.

Fuck you blizzard, fuck you holinka, forcing people do deal with that bullshit.

And when I did do it on my hunter, there were literally like 10 horde in the area, compared 100s of alliance all in the horde base, so why the fuck is there a decade long queue on the horde side?

Such a fucking piece of shit.

strafer

I guess next expansion Warlocks will get to summon Pit Lords...I really hope so.

And I wish that when you summon a Felguard from the netherworld I would love for a different color...

z7HjU0J.png

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dropped my poop guild and somehow killed ko'r first this week through the group finder. Got a neck on a bonus roll. Fixing to start at boss 1 with an achiev pug.

I'm guessing healers and/or dps during the last fight in the newly unlocked wing. Everyone who gets arcane bomb seems content to just stand there and kill literally everyone else.
Each one of the new fights needs you to pay attention in ways the former three were laughable about. Also, to me, the dungeon journal is too vague without seeing how the fights actually works. I suspect it'll be better next week but this week it's gonna be extra painful for some people to watch.

Took me less than an hour though to do both wings. On the second wing, each boss went down with <20 people standing. Came out of it with a new neck and 13 stones.

Is gearing up to do LFR molten core time consuming? I've been away due to some personal stuff and want to be able to get the mount before time runs out. I'm currently level 92. Anyone have some suggestions on the quickest way to hit 100 and get the ilvl needed?

Mothman91

Is gearing up to do LFR molten core time consuming? I've been away due to some personal stuff and want to be able to get the mount before time runs out. I'm currently level 92. Anyone have some suggestions on the quickest way to hit 100 and get the ilvl needed?

Get to Gorgrond, that place is a exp minefield. Lots of bonus objectives and if you have Draenor Notes with the WoD treasures, you can look for the elite mobs that usually have around half a million HP that'll drop a quest item for killing them.

I didn't like Talador that much, neither Spires of Arak but for Spires of Arak, you can get a outpost building there that'll give you 20%(?) extra experience gained there.

Once you're able to get to Nagrand, start it. Hopefully you can get lucky on item upgrades as the items you obtain there can be close to the ilvl for heroics(610) or even higher.

JSoup

Banned
So, how connected are the various types of raid these days?
If I run lfr and loot all bosses, can I do the same on Normal?
Just trying to maximize my abrogator stone grind.

Mothman91

So, how connected are the various types of raid these days?
If I run lfr and loot all bosses, can I do the same on Normal?
Just trying to maximize my abrogator stone grind.

LFR/Normal/Heroic are all boss based locked. You can do all of LFR/Normal/Heroic and get gear, just only can get gear from each boss each difficulty once.

Atlantis

Not at all.

Build a War Mill in your Garrison and finish up your leveling in Nagrand whenever you reach 98 or so. (I was 98 when I finished Talador) With a bit of luck you'll be over the ilvl requirement just from upgraded quest rewards. If not, you can use level 100 normal dungeons and the ring from the legendary quest line to pop you over.

With regards to Molten Core, don't bother gearing up beyond the requirement. It's really easy and half the raid is semi-AFK anyway, just like old times.

Megasoum

Banned
I gotta say... Not really a fan of the new quest log. Feels less organized and he map is too small (I know I can make it full screen but I would prefer something in between)

Top Bottom