• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Just got my Storehouse to level 3 on my main. Now have every building at level 3 except for the pet one (because I can't kill the fucking carrot) and the fishing post (because fuck fishing).

J-Rzez

Most of his talk about warriors seems like it happened before the Fury hotfix. Gladiator should obviously be competitive, but it has more utility and better defensive cooldowns than the other specs by a pretty wide margin. That's more where stuff falls apart for me.

Fury and/or Arms will come into play as we get into the xpac when stats swell. This seems to always be the case, so I'd expect it then. Both in PVE and PVP.

Ret right now in PVP is disgusting, just like druids, and to a lesser extent Frost DKs. They will never be able to balance Ret because if they adjust one thing that makes them OP in PVP, they'll become junk in PVE. But they need to do something because right now if they crit in their burst it feels like how you used to get global'd in 3v3 arenas with beast cleave back in the day. Druids are blizzard's pet class, they've never brought them in line since end of BC. They will be OP in either PVP or PVE, in at least one of their four specs.

What they really need to work on right now outside of mages and hunters are the two other pure DPS classes, Warlocks and Rogues. They need to really fix these classes. There's no reason to see these classes fall to the bottom of the meters below things like Druids that can Rogue better than Rogues and cast better than Locks, as well as tank and heal.

Kraftwerk

Squats for days;

IndolentEminentAmericancrayfish.gif

So far today two Only the Penitent attempts have been failures. The first formed in about 10-15 minutes, we lined up, and then a hunter tried to stealth over with his pet. Done.

Logged on later and it was reset. Formed a new group in about 30 minutes. We all get there. All get in place. Ready check and all go green after about ten seconds. Wait about five seconds for a fresh cast and hit the /rw CLICK macro I created. My side nails it. Other side one out of three click the orb. Another fail.

Logging on right now to try for a third time. Can't wait.

If anyone is US Alliance and needs the achievement I'm sure the group will still be forming over the next 15-30 minutes so feel free to add me and come along for this dumb achievement: LordWibble#1924.

Edit: And a third fail. We agreed we'd get in place, I'd ready check, and then do a click raid warning. I do the ready check and a GeForce Experience updated caused the window to minimize. The 5ish seconds it takes to come back the right side had already clicked their orb and my side hadn't clicked theirs yet. And they blame me despite not doing the raid warning to do the click since the window had minimized. I'd understand if I did the raid warning to tell them to click.

Whatever. Time for a fourth attempt in a couple hours.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Well, pugs are getting better at Ko'ragh. I killed him three times today. A 655 2h and an Imp kill still eludes me tho. :/

I'm doing alright with other gear. 648 equipped.

Lanrutcon

I die so much in LFR, because I don't give a fuck. I worked 70 hours, I have an hour plus commute in nightmare traffic, so you neckbeards with ilvl 665 followers can carry my casual ass for 45 minutes or so while I mash some buttons.

Followers only go up to 655, nooblord.

I die so much in LFR, because I don't give a fuck. I worked 70 hours, I have an hour plus commute in nightmare traffic, so you neckbeards with ilvl 665 followers can carry my casual ass for 45 minutes or so while I mash some buttons.

Nobody gives a fuck in WoD LFR, bosses fall over when you stare at them long enough.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Today is the day! I said $5 was reasonable for an Alterac Brew Pup and now I got one. But now the question... should I get a special mount, or just shoot for one of the dozens of obtainable ones in normal gameplay? Winged Guardian is pretty damn cool...

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It's mostly blizzard's fault for having such a bad designed loot system (both two handers drop off the last two bosses), but honestly, what's more important, a stat stick for tanks that don't lose threat, or the best stat for a fury/glad/dk? I agreed not to roll on bonus armor stuff (which is the best secondary stat by far for glad war), the same standard should be held for one handers.

Bonus armor gives you 0 benefit as a fury/arms warrior, a 670 piece with bonus armor is effectively giving you 1 secondary stat. Crit/mastery benefit tanks, as does the extra weapon damage. Sure, getting a weapon on a dps will probably have a larger impact, and if the tanks have decent weapons, it would be nice of them to pass for you, but still, there's a big difference between not rolling on useless bonus armor gear (unless you want to play glad) and passing on a weapon upgrade because it's a larger upgrade for someone else.

The guys I could never stand in past expacs are the 2h frost or unholy DKs that decide to roll on 1 handers because they can, and vice versa.

In general, I agree with your sentiment though, blizzard kind of fucked up itemization with bonus armor. Tanks effectively double dip because they can use "dps" (standard) gear and then they have their own exclusive bonus armor gear. DPS don't have a "tanks don't roll on me" stat like bonus armor, which kind of sucks. As a plate wearer, it's pretty rough competing with tanks AND other dps for gear, and let's be honest, most tanks are DKs/Warrs/Paladins. Double sucks that as a warrior you want CRIT CRIT CRIT, and none of the 2h's have crit (can't put crit on just 1 blizz?), so you're kind of forced into the 1h's for Highmaul. Lucky ass leather wearers.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yeah. Seems like a lot of cost for not very high in my opinion, but that's what it is. And that was hotfixed up from 640/655 even.
I'll have enough truesteel ignots in 8 days for the 660. I replaced mining and a second JC for double BS. I'm losing about 30-40k on stuff I could have put on the AH, but I also wasn't really planning on leveling that alt or dropping mining.

The bloods and base 630 will cost 55k tho. But, I'm heading toward only having a 630 weapon in week 4, so it's a pretty good deal compared to people spending 55k+ just on an armor piece.

I'm going to clear Highmaul again next week before I equip anything. If I'm lucky, I'll have a nice 660 to sell. Someone might be desperate for a 80-90k 2h. I haven't seen any at that stage on the AH. I see the tier 2 upgrade item at 70k.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Highmaul is a hilarious raid for melee. We don't ever have to do anything because Blizzard compensated for melee historically being boned all the time by making none of the mechanics affect melee.

Never get targeted with Berserker Rush, can't get hit with Tectus towers, barely have to do shit on Brackenspore, the list goes on and on.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Highmaul is a hilarious raid for melee. We don't ever have to do anything because Blizzard compensated for melee historically being boned all the time by making none of the mechanics affect melee.

Never get targeted with Berserker Rush, can't get hit with Tectus towers, barely have to do shit on Brackenspore, the list goes on and on.

Don't worry, initial beta impressions said Blackrock was one of the most melee unfriendly raids in wow history. Dunno if they changed anything based on that feedback though.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

I laugh with raid leaders say melee have it hard on this or that. Can't say I have it hard on any fight.

That's actually part of the reason that I switched to Hunter, my Rogue's rotation was already a bore and all I did the entire fight was just DPS. Now I get to actually deal with other boss mechanics.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Don't worry, initial beta impressions said Blackrock was one of the most melee unfriendly raids in wow history. Dunno if they changed anything based on that feedback though.

They say that for every raid ever.

I laugh with raid leaders say melee have it hard on this or that. Can't say I have it hard on any fight.

Historically speaking being melee is a huge handicap.

Arcayne

fairely pleased that my feral main is ilvl641 without raiding and seriously pvping. keen on trying out normal mode highmaul this week, but most premades are farming just trash. man i wish i had a raiding guild!

Got my 630 staff from a follower mission finally!

Not sure whether to start running RBG's or an arena team now with my holy priest

Won't ever do a heroic again that's for sure

Tacitus_

Yeah, when melee start to bitch about having to dodge shit in our raids I get very sarcastic with them.

Oh you poor sods, having to stop DPS to avoid boss mechanics?

Apt101

I think they have increased the drop rate of primals from mining nodes. I've gotten about 70 in two days. Almost every node in my mine gives a primal or two, a few three.

Yeah, when melee start to bitch about having to dodge shit in our raids I get very sarcastic with them.

That strikes me as an odd thing to complain about anyways. I mean, it's a raid. You're going to have to doge shit.

TheYanger

What did you guys think about the Isle of Quel'Danas dailies?

They were dailies. There was absolutely nothing fun about them, like almost all dailies.

I don't get how anyone can realistically say they were 'quick' or 'fun' compared to almost any other daily hub. The only difference was there weren't any other dailies to do at that time. for instance, the patch 4.1 dailies were absolutely just as fast and had rewarding cutscenes and the rep grind took less time overall. Isle of Thunder dailies easily took LESS time and were more rewarding. Any given hub in MoP launch took less time, except maybe golden lotus, the probelm was there were like 5 of them and if you were OCD doing all of them took forever.

Eh, varies fight to fight. Sometimes ranged has to avoid shit because melee would be worthless if they had to, and sometimes ranged don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

We all got a good laugh tonight for instance when one of our healing officers asked what the fuck Melee had to even do on Tectus :p Hint: It's 10 times more bullshit than ranged is.

The reality is: Melee only tend to get to avoid mechanics that WOULD NOT WORK for melee. Ranged have to stop dps for a second to dodge easy shit, melee usually have to move around like assholes all the time without stopping dps to avoid things.

Apt101

Once one is well over 640 heroics start to feel like the tail end of Wrath easy. I'm just doing them for scraps and the cosmetic pieces now - still need belt and shoulders. And with Final Verdict my DPS is reaching what I figure hunters felt like at the start. Just tons of damage. Man I hope they never nerf ret.

Robin64

Once one is well over 640 heroics start to feel like the tail end of Wrath easy. I'm just doing them for scraps and the cosmetic pieces now - still need belt and shoulders. And with Final Verdict my DPS is reaching what I figure hunters felt like at the start. Just tons of damage. Man I hope they never nerf ret.

Do they drop from any boss? I still need these stupid things.

Jarnet87

Anyone done Highmaul as a 10 man raid group?

Guild I'm in continues to have trouble with Brackenspore and contemplating just shrinking the raid size for now. Were having to pug mainly DPS as we have tanks and heals pretty much sorted, but most of the DPS we are pugging is downright terrible. We get a few good ones but they leave after a single wipe lol.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Spoken like someone who hasn't played modern melee or had to deal with much chart shaming.

But besides Twin ogron, is there any boss in highmaul where you have to actually run away from the boss and just stop DPS?

Moving as a caster is just dead air for your dps at this point. If I get crystaline shards from tectus on me its like...15-20 seconds of no DPS.

Krassus

Heroic is the new normal is why. Once you pull Kargath on Mythic you will recant that statement. I have no problems dodging but you will never ever not be moving from fire and dodging cats / beserker.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
They say that for every raid ever.

That's because it's true 9/10 times lol.

It's true, but by the same token, I'm watching one of the first semi-difficult raid tiers for ranged just completely expose most. Years of "melee just do X, melee just dodge Y, melee just Z, melee... sigh." Oh is it fun to watch some casters whine and struggle with mechanics like it's the first time they haven't had to "Stack at circle, damage boss."

Top Bottom