• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

vocab

I know there's some windwalkers in here, but anyone who's good at stat crunching or just has general feedback would be great, I need some help.

My current trinkets are:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=109997/kihras-adrenaline-injector&bonus=518 The Heroic version.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=114427 It's Warforged.

I hit raid finder and picked up:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=116289&bonus=0

I feel like I wanna get rid of the injector and replace it with the tooth, because the emblem of terror is really good and I don't wanna get rid of it until I get the Butcher's trinket.

Am I on the right track? Any thoughts?

Get rid of the injector.

Dunlop

lol world's fastest resub and then cancel

I opened a ticket for the bug I mentioned earlier and got a automated response (expected), clicked on "Still not resolved" thinking that this sends it to an actual person and got another automated response and my status of the ticket changed to Resolved.

Thanks to here I know I can get around the mandatory quest issue, but damn that pissed me off and I quit on the spot lol

I got my first raid mission today.

I have two followers at 645, and one other at 643. The rest are anywhere from 627-606. Obviously, I can't do this mission yet.

How the hell did some of you guys get your followers equipped so fast? Am I just super unlucky with RNG or am I doing something wrong?

vocab

I have two followers at 645, and one other at 643. The rest are anywhere from 627-606. Obviously, I can't do this mission yet.

How the hell did some of you guys get your followers equipped so fast? Am I just super unlucky with RNG or am I doing something wrong?

Warmill and crates. The rng comes from if you get those 630/645 tokens. They save a lot of time.

Warmill and crates. The rng comes from if you get those 630/645 tokens. They save a lot of time.

Yeah, I thought so.

So I'm just unlucky. I've gotten a few of the 630s and one 645 armor token, but typically I just got a bunch of the +3s. It took me all this time just to get the two I have at 645 as high as I did.

Oh well. I don't want to fail it, so I'll hold on to it until I can beef up my kids a bit more.

Thanks!

Apt101

Yeah, I thought so.

So I'm just unlucky. I've gotten a few of the 630s and one 645 armor token, but typically I just got a bunch of the +3s. It took me all this time just to get the two I have at 645 as high as I did.

Oh well. I don't want to fail it, so I'll hold on to it until I can beef up my kids a bit more.

Thanks!

I still don't have anyone at 645, just a bunch of 630's. Never seen a 645 gear token, either.

cdyhybrid

What classes are desired but typically underplayed in raids? Now that I don't necessarily HAVE TO play something that's desirable for PUGs, my options are a bit more diverse now.

Xeinok

Neo Member
What classes are desired but typically underplayed in raids? Now that I don't necessarily HAVE TO play something that's desirable for PUGs, my options are a bit more diverse now.

By underplayed do you mean they are rarer to find or that people typically play them poorly?

Almost every MMO follows this: rarest is tank, followed by healer, tons and tons of DPS. In MMOs with dedicated debuffer classes that will usually be the rarest (such as FF11's Bard).

Ultratech

This achievement sounds dumb and pretty sure it will be what keeps me from the mount. I'd always be willing to help with it (Alliance side) when I'm able to be on.

The only thing that makes it remotely hard is how easy it is to mess up on it.
(Basically, no pets out, sitting/kneeling before casts go off, other people not getting too close/getting hit.)

Other than that, actually doing the achievement itself is easy enough.

Any of you guys semi-hardcore WoW Achievement Hunters?

Only when it comes to certain things.

Like I was on a kick on getting Dungeon & Raid achievements done, and I have pretty much all of those done except for T14 content and current WoD content (got some dungeon achievements done).

You guys weren't joking with Highmaul LFR being a joke.

Yeah, it was quite surprising.

You have to be trying to screw up on purpose to actually die in the 1st wing.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I got the brack trink from my raid mission. I also had a 645 trink mission succeed and got the tectus trink from personal loot in normal and LFR. It's raining trinks.

Right now

WW Monk
Elemental Shaman

Are both really good but also rare. Fury Warriors are also pretty rare but there's a lot of strength plate wearers in general. I really don't know how tanks rank right now, Monk tanks may also be good, never had a feral tank for me yet. Same deal with healers, mistweaver is a rare healer so I don't know how they do.

Pugged up to normal imperator, damn that's a tough fight, going to need some more gear before I can actually reasonably contribute to that fight.

Still have only gotten one 645 follower mission that I got a 655 chest from. Working on getting more of my followers to 655 (cap). Once I get around 10 or so that high I'm gonna probably drop my War Mill for something else. Should drop my Lumber Mill too since I haven't used it in the last 3 or so days.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Depends on how many missions you've run total to know if you're actually unlucky. I've gotten a bunch of epic gear from missions, but a decent amount of it has had overlap or been worse than what I can pull from raids. I've done ~825 missions on my main, I'd be kind of curious where other people are at.

cdyhybrid

Right now

WW Monk
Elemental Shaman

Are both really good but also rare. Fury Warriors are also pretty rare but there's a lot of strength plate wearers in general. I really don't know how tanks rank right now, Monk tanks may also be good, never had a feral tank for me yet. Same deal with healers, mistweaver is a rare healer so I don't know how they do.

Pugged up to normal imperator, damn that's a tough fight, going to need some more gear before I can actually reasonably contribute to that fight.

I have a 95 Monk but Shaman seems interesting, and it has a healing spec for fast queues. WW or Ele? Hmmm....

I've heard that BRF is really melee-unfriendly. Can anyone confirm?

Apt101

I love finding a group that is good and wants to run multiple heroics. Knocking these scraps out. Some tanks make it look easy.

Depends on how many missions you've run total to know if you're actually unlucky. I've gotten a bunch of epic gear from missions, but a decent amount of it has had overlap or been worse than what I can pull from raids. I've done ~825 missions on my main, I'd be kind of curious where other people are at.

Not sure if the achievement is account wide but I past 1000 five days ago and there's no achievement past that.

vocab

I've heard that BRF is really melee-unfriendly. Can anyone confirm?

hmm. Well a majority of players have never done the fights. I have seen a few of them, and the ones I have seen are not. There might be a select few. There's a fight in there that's the most ranged unfriendly fight in the entire game though. People think twin orgron movement is bad. Wait till you see this fight.

Mitch

Banned
I love finding a group that is good and wants to run multiple heroics. Knocking these scraps out. Some tanks make it look easy.
This for sure. I've been Shadow since Wrath, and only did OS healing for PvP and late game random dungeons. I decided to build up a Holy/Disc set during the first week in order to make dungeon queues quicker. What a great idea that was. I'd stick with the same people and get compliments left and right. It made doing dungeons a very fun experience.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Heroic is the new normal is why. Once you pull Kargath on Mythic you will recant that statement. I have no problems dodging but you will never ever not be moving from fire and dodging cats / beserker.
I heard it a lot week 1 on normal for normal. Mythic Kargath fire dodging doesn't look any harder than normal Tectus motes. The only annoying thing would be cat kiting dps loss, but out of range dps losses always happen. Whether the boss charges off or you're kiting something, it all feels the same to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I did mine over the course of the last month. It shouldn't be a bugged achievement. Not sure why it seems bugged for you, though.

I looked around online, and I seem to not be the only one with this issue. I see a few people not getting credit, and the only theory I see is that it's because you kill the tentacle too quickly.

Apt101

I got the achievement for a level 3 trading post, even though I only have one Draenor rep exalted. I ain't complaining. That 20% rep gain will help with the long march to exalted with the others.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
They give no fucks about tooptips/text then. Does it require a patch?

So, I thought someone said they had invasions queued up for a following week. I lost mine.

TheYanger

They give no fucks about tooptips/text then. Does it require a patch?

So, I thought someone said they had invasions queued up for a following week. I lost mine.

It ALWAYS requires a patch to update the tooltips. So they post hotfixes just so people know, worst case it's usually a pleasant surprise.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I am the last Warrior in my raid group. I will have to try and find some solidarity with Death Knights. Ret Pallies will forever be shunned though.

I looked around online, and I seem to not be the only one with this issue. I see a few people not getting credit, and the only theory I see is that it's because you kill the tentacle too quickly.

Suppose it could be that I solo 10m Heroic instead of Normal then. I figure I'm pretty decent DPS since I'm ilvl 637 now. I did have one platform completed from some time ago (I think during MoP some random group going through for mounts). But three of the platforms I did the last three weeks to complete that part of the meta.

I ended up buying two mounts on the store. That 50% sale was the tipping point. I don't think I'll buy any of the others mainly because I just don't like the look of most of them. Might consider the Celestial Steed as I always liked the sparkle pony.

Once I get 36 more apexis I'll get the Exarchs mount since I took a few hours to grind that rep today. That'll be mount 233. With only 17 more to go the end is starting to seem like it's not so far away.

Apt101

I like how similar followers seem to get along in the garrison. Serena and Millhouse are having a spirited discussion in my inn right now. And outside the big ogre and Croman are having a walk and talk.

Shahadan

Whats the best way to get shatari defense rep?

Get a good group and go to the giant Iron Horde Door separating Talador from Tanaan. Lots of orcs there, respawning fast.

Use artillery from your outpost.

It's insanely fast, you get 1000 rep every 5 minutes or something.
I went from neutral to exalted in a few hours.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
My raid is still stuck on Normal Imperator.

I don't know what to do or tell em at this point. We haven't had an attempt yet where a trap wasn't hit, or someone didn't stack on a tank with Mark of Chaos for some reason.

It's incredibly boring, but for some reason not frustrating me enough to want to find a new raid. For some reason, I'm ok with wiping on normal. I think I'm scared of going too fast in progression, I'll hit that end point again where all the raids are on farm and it's just sitting around waiting for the next one.

Top Bottom