• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Acidote

Today I start gearing up for raiding after a delayed expansion start. Last save I did the LFR wing and world boss and nothing came out of it. Yesterday I did them again and nothing came out of it either, so I guess the heroic dungeons grind begins now. I need to get 10 more item levels to 630, heading for the 680 ring first. That should help.

Shahadan

Thinking about canceling my sub for the moment. Can't be bothered to log in anymore except for mission stuff, and I'm quite sick of spending hours in a raid where people don't do their job when I'm doing mine.

And I have a hell of a backlog of games anyway.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Two and a half hours of Normal Imperator seems like it'd be murder. My guild might have an opening for a Warlock. Just saying.

We had a big gap cause one of our tanks DC/d. It was only 8 wipes.

It's only been like, 13 wipes total. It's not the worst wiping I've ever done in a raid. It's just wanting to play casually-ish, but also get rid of people that are playing a little below par. Seems counter-productive to want high level play in a relaxed environment these days.

I'm more worried about other people losing it. After 3-4 wipes I hear people complaining already, even though we're making progress.

Robin64

Holy crap, some people died in the second LFR wing. Though it was entirely their fault for not moving out of the way of majorly telegraphed bad things, but still! Exciting!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm more worried about other people losing it. After 3-4 wipes I hear people complaining already, even though we're making progress.
Long fights like Imperator can generally just be tough to keep going at, so I sort of understand why people would be frustrated. Part of learning stuff is just sticking it out though. It can still be pretty disheartening to spend ten minutes on a fight and see it drift away because of a handful of mistakes.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Long fights like Imperator can generally just be tough to keep going at, so I sort of understand why people would be frustrated. Part of learning stuff is just sticking it out though. It can still be pretty disheartening to spend ten minutes on a fight and see it drift away because of a handful of mistakes.

It's also frustrating because I'm relatively new to the guild, but I volunteered to do the combat log parses, so I go over them pretty extensively.

If you look at stuff like, mines triggered and cast activity, you can see some pretty clear problem people, but for some reason the Raid Leader doesn't seem to care. That's something that will frustrate me and make me want to /gquit infinitely more than wiping on bosses.

Robin64

Also the LFR wings gave me 17 stones yesterday, putting me at 20. Assuming that keeps up, it's not going to take too many runs of the wings to get the quest complete. And I definitely expect it to be done before Blackrock Foundry hits LFR.

vocab

Please. Don't scare me. I hate it enough on heroic.
Its bad. 6 percent wipe is close as we got tonight. Its such a very unstable fight despite being very controlled. Quake, empowered whirlwind, pulverize, while dodging shield charge and arcane shit going off at the same time. Just kill me.

DarkJC

If you want to stay in your guild, invite more people interested in raiding to fill out your roster. You could even build it slowly, try getting decent people from your premades to consider joining. Slowly your PUGs become guild groups.

If you're not interested in building up a raiding guild though, it's better just to pass lead to one of your other friends and move on to another guild so you can do what you want to do.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Sighhh.

I want to raid a little bit more seriously than premade pugs, mostly because I hate how they take FOREVER to get started, how there's so much waiting (3 attempts an hour? dafuq), and how the momentum is so hard to build.

My partner and I both, I think, would like to raid, but the problem is we don't want to disband our guild, which is made up of our RL friends. I suppose we could keep our alts in the guild and join another one on our raiding toons, but ... ionno.. I want to have my cake and eat it too. Would like to stay in my guild but raid with a stable group.

Does this kind of stuff happen? Both of us are not too shabbily geared, I'm 650 now and he's over 650, and I heal and he DK deeps. Problem is, I'm not even sure where I'd go to look for this, or if it's feasible.

Any suggestions, y'all? (Also, if you wanna adopt us, we're Horde :eek:).
What are your RL friends doing? Do they have interest in raiding?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm not lead, my partner is... and I just don't think I could ever /gquit on him short of us breaking up :x. Which, will never happen over raiding, since... yeah.

Am thinking about recruiting. It just seems so daunting to find 2 tanks, 2 or 3 other healers, and god knows how many DPS that don't suck, that haven't been snatched up already.

Weirdly enough, I did get recruited to raid with another group from a pug I was in with a couple of them, so I suppose I'll just have to work more closely with them. Unfortunately my partner's not too impressed with them :/.

Most of them are new to the game, and don't play that often. A lot of my other RL friends are all on other servers playing with THEIR guilds. :<
I can blast through 5/7 and 1/7 with many different pugs, but finding good groups for Imp and the rest of heroic is not improving.

Maybe convert it to a social alt guild?

What server are you on?

Dudes, shadow is terrible. My god. Dps is rubbish, you die way too fast and the healing is garbage

It's insane how poor it is compared to Holy. Which is amazing cause you barely die <3

I've never played a class with such a discrepancy between specs

Madness!

This is how I play the game when I'm not raiding

WkDBSKO.jpg

My garrison is always safe

#truth

Robin64

My weekly Garrison Campaign this week was really really weak.

Had to go to Shat, collect 100 sigils, then fight an elite. That was it. There wasn't even a reward for doing it, the quest just ended!

Mitch

Banned
Dudes, shadow is terrible. My god. Dps is rubbish, you die way too fast and the healing is garbage

It's insane how poor it is compared to Holy. Which is amazing cause you barely die <3

I've never played a class with such a discrepancy between specs

Madness!
I disagree. We're in the same boat as we were in MoP, in my opinion. If you take CoP as your level 100 talent, and stack haste, you'll be doing very decent damage. Rotation is key, since properly DoT weaving is mandatory. Check out How 2 Priest if you need any tips on Shadow. That forum has some great players.

Self healing was definitely nerfed, since we can't use renew any longer. Plus PoM now has a cast time, and knocks you out of Shadow Form. At least there's still PW: Shield (glyphing reflective shield is practically required).

What kind of numbers are you pulling? At a 644 ilvl I am doing upwards of 22k in raid.

Mitch

Banned
Ashran is dumb and bad and Blizzard should feel terrible. It's just constantly getting your shit pushed in outnumbered something like 3 to 1 or more.
I went to Ashran on day one. Couldn't even finish the initial "discover these areas" quest. The two servers I play on have absolutely zero positive things to say about it.

Ultratech

Thinking about canceling my sub for the moment. Can't be bothered to log in anymore except for mission stuff, and I'm quite sick of spending hours in a raid where people don't do their job when I'm doing mine.

And I have a hell of a backlog of games anyway.

Yeah, I'm about at that point.

My current guild is alright, but they have way too much time in raids where we're just sitting around getting nothing done, and it bothers the hell out of me.

Of course, I could just not raid I guess, but I kinda wanna take a hiatus from the game anyways.

And much like you said, I'm starting to get a massive backlog of games and movies that I'd actually like to play/watch.

My weekly Garrison Campaign this week was really really weak.

Had to go to Shat, collect 100 sigils, then fight an elite. That was it. There wasn't even a reward for doing it, the quest just ended!

Haha, I had that one last week.

But yeah, apart from story advancement, kinda sucked not really getting anything out of it.

Mitch

Banned

My current guild is alright, but they have way too much time in raids where we're just sitting around getting nothing done, and it bothers the hell out of me.

Of course, I could just not raid I guess, but I kinda wanna take a hiatus from the game anyways.

And much like you said, I'm starting to get a massive backlog of games and movies that I'd actually like to play/watch.
I mentioned taking a break a couple pages back. It was for the best. Instead of idling in my Garrison, I'm actually giving my backlog some love. Probably took 3 or so breaks back in MoP, which allowed me to come back and feel refreshed. This time around it may be a bit more permanent.

Jarnet87

I'm not quite at the point of wanting to cancel sub, but on days I don't raid I feel like I'm just playing a mobile game or something lol. Just logging on to do garrison missions and I can't be bothered to do an dailys or heroic dungeons since I've hit like 635+ on both characters. I've been raiding on my Monk (Mannoroth Server)with some friends in a guild but I kind of wish they'd just give up so I can go back to my Druid on Stormrage lol. On like the first or second day of Highmaul my pug group on Stormrage got further then my guild on Mannoroth, and we are going into week 3 of raiding.

Robin64

Before WoD came out I was like "I don't mind if there's not too much to do as a PvE player at 100, Ashran will be in and awesome and I'll return to casual PvP!"

Then I played Ashran. Welp.

Mitch

Banned
Before WoD came out I was like "I don't mind if there's not too much to do as a PvE player at 100, Ashran will be in and awesome and I'll return to casual PvP!"

Then I played Ashran. Welp.
Put my faith in Ashran being a great feature. I'd prefer something like TB or WG.

One of my biggest complaints has to do with the "rare" mobs on Draenor. I was hoping they'd be more along the lines of rares in MoP. Instead, they are just mobs that spawn almost instantly, with no real purpose other than to collect resources.

Lanrutcon

Put my faith in Ashran being a great feature. I'd prefer something like TB or WG.

One of my biggest complaints has to do with the "rare" mobs on Draenor. I was hoping they'd be more along the lines of rares in MoP. Instead, they are just mobs that spawn almost instantly, with no real purpose other than to collect resources.

Fun fact: you can level from 90 to 100 off treasures and rares (Shadowmoon not even included if you're Horde side) with a few garrison +xp potions. My Hunter will reach 100 tonight without having done any quests apart from the short non-chain ones that reward followers or outposts.

Pretty sure I could have clocked in at 100 around the start of Arak if I'd been using those potions from day 1.

Mitch

Banned
Fun fact: you can level from 90 to 100 off treasures and rares (Shadowmoon not even included if you're Horde side) with a few garrison +xp potions. My Hunter will reach 100 tonight without having done any quests apart from the short non-chain ones that reward followers or outposts.

Pretty sure I could have clocked in at 100 around the start of Arak if I'd been using those potions from day 1.
That's a pretty interesting way to level.

I'd say it took me somewhere around 16 hours to hit 100 on day one. It would have been quicker if it weren't for server outages and lag.

Mitch

Banned
There's no content at 100 that isn't raiding or pvp.
And that's just not fun.
During the first week of the expansion I thought there was a very good amount of content on Draenor. Then I finished practically everything within the first few days.

- Completing all the zone quests (easier than previous expansions)
- Obtaining treasure maps/treasure hunting (sort of fun, since a few require platforming/gliding)
- Garrison building achievements (Waiting: The Game)
- Ashran (apparently boring after the first time, and a complete zergfest)
- PvP (all of my PvP buddies were 100% geared within 3-4 hours)
- Running dungeons for gear (gets old real quick)
- Challenge Modes (one of the few things I plan on doing if I resub)
- Dungeon achievements (several hours worth of content with a decent group)
- Rep farming (/vomit)

What else is there, really? Plenty of people are saying there is plenty to do if you go back to complete older content. The player really shouldn't have to fall back onto previous expansions in order to find something to do.

Magnus

I just realized those XP potions are totally viable and accessible with alts if you've made it to 91 and are resting for now. I just check in every other day on 2 or 3 of them and collect GR that accumulates. They all have like 2-4000 each now. Ha.

That's going to make it awesome to level those alts!

Edit- lol omg they're only 100 GR?? Amazing how that seemed like so much a few weeks ago but now I'm swimming in the shit. Wish they were BoA. :(

Rizzi

During the first week of the expansion I thought there was a very good amount of content on Draenor. Then I finished practically everything within the first few days.

- Completing all the zone quests (easier than previous expansions)
- Obtaining treasure maps/treasure hunting (sort of fun, since a few require platforming/gliding)
- Garrison building achievements (Waiting: The Game)
- Ashran (apparently boring after the first time, and a complete zergfest)
- PvP (all of my PvP buddies were 100% geared within 3-4 hours)
- Running dungeons for gear (gets old real quick)
- Challenge Modes (one of the few things I plan on doing if I resub)
- Dungeon achievements (several hours worth of content with a decent group)
- Rep farming (/vomit)

What else is there, really? Plenty of people are saying there is plenty to do if you go back to complete older content. The player really shouldn't have to fall back onto previous expansions in order to find something to do.

Bingo.
I paid $60 for this, and $16 a month. I already owned the old content.

Jag

I think I'm done for a few patch cycles once my sub runs out.

I've got a few 100s and nothing to do but farm my garrison which is boring as hell. I've got my guys in the 630-650 range off LFR, crafting and world bosses and zero interest in pugging normal raids.

The game seems like it was really front loaded with the fun, interesting items, but the time gating of professions and the time consuming garrison farming just killed the fun for me.

ampere

Any suggestions, y'all? (Also, if you wanna adopt us, we're Horde :eek:).

My advice would be to hop on Wowprogress and set up some filters if you want to look for a guild. For example here's the list of 2 night a week raiding guilds that are Horde in the US. Some guilds are good about putting a write up about them on Wowprogress so you can try to see what they are about. Usually then leads to apping on their guild site.

All depends how serious you want to raid. If doing Heroics is fine, you might be able to find a group that lets you stay in your guild and cross realm group. Mythics require the same realm, and I'd imagine most Mythic guilds will want you in their guild if you're a raider with them.

Ashran is dumb and bad and Blizzard should feel terrible. It's just constantly getting your shit pushed in outnumbered something like 3 to 1 or more.

It's not a terrible idea. Non-instanced BG that's server specific, kind of a cool idea. The problem is that almost no realms have good faction balance, and if you try to balance with queues or merging across servers you completely defeat the point.

They should quit while ahead and just make it another BG you queue up for. Although the way the goals are set for it currently would make it pretty boring, so it'd require some rework. Overall, yea it's terrible. I haven't talked to anyone who feels otherwise. On beta it wasn't as bad since it never had queues.

I just realized those XP potions are totally viable and accessible with alts if you've made it to 91 and are resting for now. I just check in every other day on 2 or 3 of them and collect GR that accumulates. They all have like 2-4000 each now. Ha.

That's going to make it awesome to level those alts!

Edit- lol omg they're only 100 GR?? Amazing how that seemed like so much a few weeks ago but now I'm swimming in the shit. Wish they were BoA. :(

Yup, I def recommend that you get an alt started on their Garrison and just let the GR build up, then only level them with rested exp and a Garrison flask. It's pretty nice :)

Top Bottom