• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Mitch

Banned
Sighhh.

I want to raid a little bit more seriously than premade pugs, mostly because I hate how they take FOREVER to get started, how there's so much waiting (3 attempts an hour? dafuq), and how the momentum is so hard to build.

My partner and I both, I think, would like to raid, but the problem is we don't want to disband our guild, which is made up of our RL friends. I suppose we could keep our alts in the guild and join another one on our raiding toons, but ... ionno.. I want to have my cake and eat it too. Would like to stay in my guild but raid with a stable group.

Does this kind of stuff happen? Both of us are not too shabbily geared, I'm 650 now and he's over 650, and I heal and he DK deeps. Problem is, I'm not even sure where I'd go to look for this, or if it's feasible.

Any suggestions, y'all? (Also, if you wanna adopt us, we're Horde :eek:).
Preferred raid times? I know of a few guilds that may be looking.

Robin64

Ashran doesn't even feel as big as AV. And dammit, we were promised an old skool Alterac Valley vibe from this thing, but I haven't felt that in there once. Old AV basically welcomed in PvE players, had all sorts of quests for them to do, and slowly eased them up the battlefield to seamlessly transition into PvP. Ashran is a fucking zerg road.

Any chance Warlords of Draenor is going to go on sale before Christmas? I think they did put Pandaria on sale for Christmas the year it released.

Daily Apexis groups are trending smaller and less efficient. It's either because Shattrath is more complicated and harder to navigate than The Pit or because people are growing very fatigued with the lack of variety. Pit for seven days, then Shatt for seven days. Repeat.

Robin64

Daily Apexis groups are trending smaller and less efficient. It's either because Shattrath is more complicated and harder to navigate than The Pit or because people are growing very fatigued with the lack of variety. Pit for seven days, then Shatt for seven days. Repeat.

Is that really how it works? I thought I was just getting unlucky with Shat several days in a row, but they really only switch once a week?

Draxal

Ashran doesn't even feel as big as AV. And dammit, we were promised an old skool Alterac Valley vibe from this thing, but I haven't felt that in there once. Old AV basically welcomed in PvE players, had all sorts of quests for them to do, and slowly eased them up the battlefield to seamlessly transition into PvP. Ashran is a fucking zerg road.

Honestly, it does feel like Old AV for me, except the graveyard in the middle isn't as fun as the trolls.

The quests are replaced by mini-events.

I'm actually one of those who likes it, but then again I'm on the side that's winning 100% of the time.

Mitch

Banned
Heart of Shattrath got extremely boring after the 4th day. At least with The Pit, you could see people struggling to stay on the tracks. Watching people accidentally launch themselves in cannons was also entertaining.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I haven't even done Apexis dailies in over a week.

Mitch

Banned
They're practically useless unless you want to buy your weekly seals with them, or whatever expensive recolored mount you can get through specific vendors.

The gear really isn't worth it, in my opinion.

I'd get mine out of the way really early in the morning. Find a full group of people and spam Mind Sear.

This is what I do. Used to take 15 minutes tops. Now it's getting to take 30 minutes, particularly if it's shattrath because of the challenge in getting people to stay together and avoid going up elevators without prior knowledge of a rare being up. Last group I was in was pulling 1-2 mobs at a time and nobody used their outpost CDs.

Mitch

Banned
This is what I do. Used to take 15 minutes tops. Now it's getting to take 30 minutes, particularly if it's shattrath because of the challenge in getting people to stay together and avoid going up elevators without prior knowledge of a rare being up. Last group I was in was pulling 1-2 mobs at a time and nobody used their outpost CDs.
No thanks. Not worth it. Being in a group where they round up everything in an area, or go after rares, is what made the daily bearable.

Mothman91

Guys, I finally downed Imp with a competent group. Everyone pulled their own weight. Also did heroic Butcher as holy, was way behind, pretty sure Disc is way better for that fight. Going to try to do Kargath/Tectus/Spore/Twins on Heroic tonight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm not saying l2p to my random BGs

but I'm saying I'm in no PVP gear and constantly topping scoreboards while defending while everyone else has gear. I mean the heals help too but yknow. It's always funny when I use Intimidating Shout then the guy I'm fighting uses his afterwards like as if he forgot he had it until I used it.

What's the latest word from Blizz on when or if we'll ever be able to fly in Draenor?

Riding a taxi is a cruel tease. I want to see this beautiful world from above!

Mitch

Banned
Guys, I finally downed Imp with a competent group. Everyone pulled their own weight. Also did heroic Butcher as holy, was way behind, pretty sure Disc is way better for that fight. Going to try to do Kargath/Tectus/Spore/Twins on Heroic tonight.
If you're the only Priest healer in the group, you should be Disc. Those absorbs you dish out are amazing.

I'm not saying l2p to my random BGs

but I'm saying I'm in no PVP gear and constantly topping scoreboards while defending while everyone else has gear. I mean the heals help too but yknow. It's always funny when I use Intimidating Shout then the guy I'm fighting uses his afterwards like as if he forgot he had it until I used it.
A lot of people in BGs these days are either bots or AFK players who really don't care. They may as well be bots. It's unfortunate.

What's the latest word from Blizz on when or if we'll ever be able to fly in Draenor?

Riding a taxi is a cruel tease. I want to see this beautiful world from above!
At the moment there is no ETA. During their last AMA thread on Reddit, they made it clear that there will be no flying in patch 6.1. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep flying out of Draenor until the next pre-expansion patch.

Interfectum

I'm kind of stuck ATM too. I don't want to do alts and I'd like to keep grinding dungeons... but the DPS queue is so long that I lose interest in Garrison chores before the dungeon pops.

This is where several people tell you you're silly for wanting your flying mounts to fly.

Yep. It breaks PvP. It breaks questing blah blah

I just like the world art in WoW and it's nice to see it from a bird's eye view. I also like zoning out and taking long flights across the continents.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Will be curious to see if 6.1 has a catchup mechanic for gearing. Because I can't imagine anyone running HM once Blackrock is out.

Will be curious to see if 6.1 has a catchup mechanic for gearing. Because I can't imagine anyone running HM once Blackrock is out.

The nice thing about the difficulty slider is that you can come back and do higmaul on heroic or mythic if your guild couldn't clear that before blackrock hit, and you'll get pieces to fill in your character.

Blackrock LFR stuff is like 655 I think, I wanna bet that you need 630 to queue for LFR (15 ilvl higher than the 615 required for highmaul).

Is blackrock 6.1? Always assumed 6.1 was newer stuff and blackrock was already in the game, just not unlocked. Really hope they patch in Karabor or Shattrath's interior and make that a dungeon or raid. inb4 draenor troll raid.

I'm kind of stuck ATM too. I don't want to do alts and I'd like to keep grinding dungeons... but the DPS queue is so long that I lose interest in Garrison chores before the dungeon pops.

I've resorted to farming in Nagrand. My inscription alt is hungry and I still need to get Steamwheedle to exalted.

Mupod

So a lot of my guildmates sold their accounts over the years - out of all the returning players in my guild atm there's maybe 5 or 6 of us on our original characters (myself included). And a couple of those guys DID sell their characters, they just took control of them again later on.

Anyways, I have a friend I've been playing with since day 1 (and before that in WC3/diablo) and he sold his guy at the end of WOTLK. He was thinking of trying to get the account back but didn't want to do it if the guy was still using the character, and he had no way of finding out if the account was in use. Or so we thought.

My bank alt is still wearing a tuxedo crafted by his original character - when he sold it, the buyer transferred off the server and changed his name. So when I was playing in cata the item had no <Made by> tag anymore. But now since the game has all these cross-server features that must extend to crafting tags - and it apparently will even keep track of this if the character has a different name. So through this we were able to figure out the new character name, look it up on the armory, and find the one with mounts/achievements that match his old character.

The guy is still playing so my friend decided not to try and get the account back, but playing armory detective was kinda fun.

Karl Hawk

Banned
The nice thing about the difficulty slider is that you can come back and do higmaul on heroic or mythic if your guild couldn't clear that before blackrock hit, and you'll get pieces to fill in your character.

Blackrock LFR stuff is like 650 I think, I wanna bet that you need 630 to queue for LFR (15 ilvl higher than the 615 required for highmaul).

Is blackrock 6.1? Always assumed 6.1 was newer stuff and blackrock was already in the game, just not unlocked. Really hope they patch in Karabor or Shattrath's interior and make that a dungeon or raid. inb4 draenor troll raid.

FTFY. Just as a reminder

Blackrock Foundry:

LFR: 650
Normal: 665
Heroic: 680
Mythic: 695

And I'm not sure if BRF is in 6.1, but I kinda doubt it is. Who knows what 6.1 has in store for us.

Mitch

Banned
The guy is still playing so my friend decided not to try and get the account back, but playing armory detective was kinda fun.
Good on him. I know a guy who sold his account at the height of BC, when he was one of the top Boomkins in the US. When he decided to return, he simply took the account back.

Pretty scummy in my opinion. I could never sell my account, now that I think about it. It'd be cool knowing how much it's worth though.

Robin64

The shitty thing about no flying is that you then go to the Shattrath flight path at the top of the elevator and see all the damn NPCs mounting up and flying off. Fuck you guys.

Jag

The shitty thing about no flying is that you then go to the Shattrath flight path at the top of the elevator and see all the damn NPCs mounting up and flying off. Fuck you guys.

Gliders. If you don't have an engi (and you should), any Garrison engi building can build gliders or just buy them cheap from the AH.

BRF is still 6.0, unless they surprise us and release 6.1 before then for some reason. Ala Terrace and Heart of Fear. It's just more spread out (read: paced better) this time.

And my problem with Ashran isn't with the zone itself, so much as the balancing/queues. If it was fairly even it would be fine. Though I'm still not a fan of zergy battlegrounds as a melee. Can't really do much.

And yeah, if you're not into Normal+ Raiding or RBGs/Arenas, I agree there's not much content for you right now. But dailies out the ass like in MoP 5.0 aren't a good answer to that void either. They need something fresh like and I'm not sure what it could be. Quests/hunts for those player accessory items would maybe work, but word was that's not coming until the next expac, so...

Robin64

I'd like to see something we can properly work on again that doesn't need raids.

Past examples include the Gates of AQ and the Dungeon Set 1 upgrade questline.

Quite surprised they didn't do that for the Ashran hubs. Have them start basic (as they are) and we as a playerbase can collect shitloads of items to get them upgraded, opening new perks.

Mitch

Banned
A ton of dailies was simply filler content, so you're right in that regard. During MoP launch, that was my morning routine. Felt more fulfilling than doing Shatt/The Pit 4+ times in a row.

Spread out daily hubs gave me an opportunity to find rares, search for the BoA weapons, farm a little gold and participate in world PvP. That's the only aspect I miss.

Mupod

Good on him. I know a guy who sold his account at the height of BC, when he was one of the top Boomkins in the US. When he decided to return, he simply took the account back.

Pretty scummy in my opinion. I could never sell my account, now that I think about it. It'd be cool knowing how much it's worth though.

Yeah, my guild never got world firsts but we came within a week in BC a few times. I was insanely geared-out around when we got Kael down and I burned out on the game. I never planned for it to be as long an absence as it was, and I don't want to know how much my account was worth. Probably a shit ton. I'd never sell Mu though.

Currently playing with a guy who sold his T3 mage for $1500 a month or so before BC. Buyer was probably ivemadeahugemistake.gif as soon as he saw what BC quest greens looked like.

Mitch

Banned
Currently playing with a guy who sold his T3 mage for $1500 a month or so before BC. Buyer was probably ivemadeahugemistake.gif as soon as he saw what BC quest greens looked like.
Accounts went for so much more back then. Leveling was actually a chore, and gearing surely wasn't as easy.

There's nothing really special about my account. I could probably get around $350 for it? I don't know.

1x 100 /w 655 ilvl
90 of every class, and 2 more 90s on another server
Insane, Loremaster, Seeker of Knowledge
Magic Rooster, Clutch of Ji-Kun and archaeology bug mount
Bunch of other random achievements anyone can get easy as pie

Entropia

No One Remembers
Blackrock is already in the game, just not opened. I don't think Blizzard has officially announced when it will be launching/open. (at least that I could find)

Rizzi

... I sent a ticket to see if I could get the 30 days of game time I added to my account refunded, since it's not being used yet.
What they did was lock my account and tell me that they can't refund it. I didn't ask for that at all.

Welp after doing the raid and the LFR there is nothing useful to do, the apex cristals dailies are meh for me, I am starting to miss the rep dailies from MoP.

Mitch

Banned
... I sent a ticket to see if I could get the 30 days of game time I added to my account refunded, since it's not being used yet.
What they did was lock my account and tell me that they can't refund it. I didn't ask for that at all.
Weird. They're usually really good about refunding unused game time.

Hixx

My account was "pending" the sub after the free 5 days, but they'd already taken the money. Sent them a message saying I'd cancelled before the 5 days was up and they said I'd have the refund before Christmas. With lots of smilies.

Top Bottom