• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

ampere

You'd be pretty silly to think some dudes in paragon or method arent gold capped already anyway. They invite groupies to their guild to supply them with raid mats, I wouldn't be surprised if 'fans' gave them gold anyway, besides the fact they play all the time and get gold from that too.

I was watching Devai's stream and someone just straight gave him a Hatespark pet after they killed Mar'gok. So yes they get some free stuff from fans lol.

Yes but that lists the guild xfer as $35 and it's like $3 for Chinese realms. Still crazy though and somewhat diminishes the accomplishment of the early kill.

Yes but that lists the guild xfer as $35 and it's like $3 for Chinese realms. Still crazy though and somewhat diminishes the accomplishment of the early kill.

Every top 50 guild in the world was camping the BMAH like locusts from day one. Euros just salty that the Chinese get to turn it to eleven. Their fans can rest easy once wowprogress changes the formula again so that no .ch guild ever shows up in the top ten from here until doomsday.

ampere

The point is, the rune is dumb and doesn't have a good reason for being in the game. The buff it gives is small enough that most guilds will completely ignore it. But for the really hardcore guilds, it's gonna become an annoying extra thing to have to spend time/gold getting for at least some fights. So really, what good is it?

Def agree. They should just drop flasks/potions like in the past. Adding a new consumable that stacks was a bad call.

Every top 50 guild in the world was camping the BMAH like locusts from day one. Euros just salty that the Chinese get to turn it to eleven. Their fans can rest easy once wowprogress changes the formula again so that no .ch guild ever shows up in the top ten from here until doomsday.

European guilds could not afford to do guild realm xfers with alt guilds to get every piece of BMAH guild on every server in their region. That's what Style War was doing. It's one thing to camp your realm's BMAH, entirely another thing to camp every realm's BMAHs.

European guilds could not afford to do guild realm xfers with alt guilds to get every piece of BMAH guild on every server in their region. That's what Style War was doing. It's one thing to camp your realm's BMAH, entirely another thing to camp every realm's BMAHs.

And for their trouble they got two world thirds. Paragon has members wearing mythic drops from Foundry as well. If there's something Blizzard can fix it's removing the availability of such gear on the BMAH and elsewhere (hi Garrisons) until the corresponding instances that drop the gear are unlocked on that realm. That is of course if the 'purity' of the race is as important as Suomen jalkapallomaajoukkue's fans insist it is. Otherwise it's a kerfuffle over where you sit on a list on a website somewhere for two months. Ultimately the race and the memories of it last a week, no more, and that's exactly how long the advantages such gear lasts for guilds who spend the in-game gold and real-life money on it.

Magnus

The 6.1 news bomb today was cool and all - good timing - but aside from BRF and new happenings at the Garrison (tying the Legendary questline in is smart) - I don't see too much happening in terms of new content. That's a bummer.

A new mini-zone, quest hub, some 5-mans, anything....Bueller?

I dunno. I expected a bit more for the Feb-April zone. Hopefully 6.2 won't be far behind.

DarkJC

They said before the expansion that they were going to be introducing more 5-man content for WoD right? That they regretted not doing that in Mists?

lazygecko

Er, is it possible that garrison mission addons can bug the game? One of my blue quality followers has leveled up to epic twice now but it's stuck being just short of the exp needed.

cdyhybrid

My shaman looks like a goofy ass hunter in high maul gear. Can't say the grass is greener.

Yeah, looks better than the Monk stuff though.

Plus, dat Kor'kron Dark Shaman armor.

Guess I'll stick with my Mage (since they look pretty good) and slowly level up my Shaman.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just transmog to Taran Zhu.
i27xuOk1AzpUD.png

told myself i'd sleep early last night. decided to check out wowprogress for the first time and got lost in looking at sims for this and that, and eventually started spending a large amt of time looking at guild recruitments for my gf and i.

i ideally planned on zzz'ing by 12:30am, but went on till 3am on a work night. in other words, maaaaaan im exhausted

this damn game! even when im not on, im on

Oh yeah, scouring the information on WoW Progress can be a lot of fun and a huge time sink...it's great!

StMeph

I definitely agree that the 50-stat rune really should be restricted in terms of where it can be used. It should be a consumable that can be used only outside of raids, or does not stack with flasks. If it didn't stack with flasks, it could also just be used as a cheap flask alternative.

But as it is, it is really bad design. Given that some of the changes to LFR (removing tier, trinkets) were made to eliminate the need to run multiple lower raids to prepare for progression raids, it seems backward to put in the exact opposite of that through LFRs and Heroics.

erawsd

Yeah, the runes really make no sense to me. Especially when one of the goals for this expansion was to stamp a lot of tedium of min/maxing. Reforging is gone, Item upgrading is gone, Profession bonuses are gone, Gems are rare, enchants only for a few pieces of gear.

Apt101

I was hoping they'd be improving followers and missions somehow. Maybe they will be and grouped it in with the broad "improving garrisons (sic)" note. I hope so.

I'm losing interest with progression raiding. And it doesn't bother me that I won't have the best gear if I stick to LFR, and goof around on my own time. I'm even considering pet battling. I'll give raiding another go once my vacation kicks in.

erawsd

After Siege for a year. It's expected. I love it personally. Highmaul is a bit short, but getting through mythic anit gonna be a walk in a park for most guilds.

Yeah, makes sense. They talked about how the month between MSV and HoF was too short, so 2 months for BRF is expected. I like it too since my guild is officially on holiday break and won't be diving into Mythic until the new year.

Megasoum

Banned
So what's the deal with the quest rewards item randomly getting "upgraded"? Twice now I got a green quest reward item that suddenly became blue when I turned in the quest.

Tamanon

Banned
So what's the deal with the quest rewards item randomly getting "upgraded"? Twice now I got a green quest reward item that suddenly became blue when I turned in the quest.

Just a random occurrence, can go blue or purple. If you get the Dwarven Bunker building, it doubles the chance.

And this can also happen for followers which is really nice!

royalan

I miss Hunter ammo and how pets used to require being fed and pets from all three classes played noticeably different from the others, and how choosing the right pet actually factored into strategy in a big way.

I know why they got rid of/downplayed those things, but I still miss them. :(

Guesong

So. Mar'guk.

Assuming 17 players in the raid, with pally, monk and druid healer, is it supposed to be doable?

I suggested cutting 2 DPS to our GM, who declined, but we were pretty much OOM at 50 %.

So much AoE damage. I think the pally is doing something wrong because he's constantly below me (Monk) in heals, and by quite a huge margin sometimes.

I miss being DPS sometimes. Times were easier. I wasn't seeing all the mistakes people did and the greediness of some casters (LET ME FINISH THAT CAST BEFORE THE MINE GOES O---oops too late!)

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
The 6.1 news bomb today was cool and all - good timing - but aside from BRF and new happenings at the Garrison (tying the Legendary questline in is smart) - I don't see too much happening in terms of new content. That's a bummer.

A new mini-zone, quest hub, some 5-mans, anything....Bueller?

I dunno. I expected a bit more for the Feb-April zone. Hopefully 6.2 won't be far behind.

Tanaan Jungle is in for 6.1 isn't it? Maybe it'll be something sandboxey like Timeless Isle was. Not sure if we know already what is actually planned with it but it'll surely be a lot of level 100 content.

Coins

Banned
How do the world bosses work? Alliance had a raid on tarlna but I got loot when it died. Thought it was just the faction that tagged it.

Lanrutcon

The people who don't bring the +50 stat consumables into Highmaul obviously don't want their raid spots as badly as the folks that would.

Makes composing a raid when there are too many people a bit easier.

What do you guys do with honor? I'm capped again. I bought every piece of 620 honor gear and I already bought 3 seals with honor this week. The only options I can think of are buying old sets for transmog or getting heirloom gear (?).

Acidote

Yeah, looks better than the Monk stuff though.

Plus, dat Kor'kron Dark Shaman armor.

Guess I'll stick with my Mage (since they look pretty good) and slowly level up my Shaman.

I'll only quote this instead of all your posts. I've always main'd a Shaman since vanilla, always Enh but through Cataclysm where I played Elem. Go for it. The game needs more Enhancement Shamans. The rotation/priority is not the easiest, but it's not hard either. There are no hard rotations in the game anymore. And yes, the class needs a huge buff right now, but it will be fixed through patches or tier bonuses as it always is.

And yes, I've played with a friend's WW monk and it is superior on pretty much every fight so far, but where's the challenge there?

Compared to the rest of the instance, Imperator is pretty rough. We got him to 32% on our best try, might be a better idea to do some more Heroic progressing instead.

Top Bottom