• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

vocab

And yes, I've played with a friend's WW monk and it is superior on pretty much every fight so far, but where's the challenge there?
The only challenge you have with a shaman is picking the least shitty talent out a big pool of other shitty talents.

erawsd

I'll only quote this instead of all your posts. I've always main'd a Shaman since vanilla, always Enh but through Cataclysm where I played Elem. Go for it. The game needs more Enhancement Shamans. The rotation/priority is not the easiest, but it's not hard either. There are no hard rotations in the game anymore. And yes, the class needs a huge buff right now, but it will be fixed through patches or tier bonuses as it always is.

And yes, I've played with a friend's WW monk and it is superior on pretty much every fight so far, but where's the challenge there?

I wouldn't say Enhancement needs a huge buff right now. In PvE, we have a pretty nice niche because our AE so strong and HM happens to have 3-4 fights with lots of adds that have to die. BRF doesn't appear to be as AE friendly, so it would be nice to get a small single target and a substantial cleave buff before then.

Apt101

What do you guys do with honor? I'm capped again. I bought every piece of 620 honor gear and I already bought 3 seals with honor this week. The only options I can think of are buying old sets for transmog or getting heirloom gear (?).

I was using mine for seals as well. I plan on stockpiling a cap again prior to next season starting - whenever that is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What do you guys do with honor? I'm capped again. I bought every piece of 620 honor gear and I already bought 3 seals with honor this week. The only options I can think of are buying old sets for transmog or getting heirloom gear (?).

Have you gotten 27k conq yet so you can buy off-spec sets with honor?

Acidote

The only challenge you have with a shaman is picking the least shitty talent out a big pool of other shitty talents.

Specially the last tier being Enhancement.

I wouldn't say Enhancement needs a huge buff right now. In PvE, we have a pretty nice niche because our AE so strong and HM happens to have 3-4 fights with lots of adds that have to die. BRF doesn't appear to be as AE friendly, so it would be nice to get a small single target and a substantial cleave buff before then.

The whole spec is underperforming but Fire Nova which is overpowered. I'd rather have a balanced class.

At least I'll start oficially raiding (because I've already being here and there) next Sunday. I just need to enchant my gear and put some gems in it. And I'll have some time to level my alters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's hard to go back to my Enhancement after playing my Warrior.

ESPECIALLY in PVP. It pretty much fixes all the issues I have with Enhancement's playstyle. Beast Cleave is only fun in arena for so long. And I say this as someone who's played Enhancement since the days of having to explain to the warrior why I need the Str Axe from RFK as a Shaman. And tanking WC.

erawsd

Specially the last tier being Enhancement.

The whole spec is underperforming but Fire Nova which is overpowered. I'd rather have a balanced class.

Ultimately, so would I. However, in this particular case it works in our favor since High Maul has plenty of things for us to Nova. Next tier could be a different story, which is why I said huge buffs aren't need "right now". We can certainly survive without them until 6.1

Magnus

Tanaan Jungle is in for 6.1 isn't it? Maybe it'll be something sandboxey like Timeless Isle was. Not sure if we know already what is actually planned with it but it'll surely be a lot of level 100 content.

Don't see any news in the post about Tanaan. That would be a pretty major feature to not mention, so I doubt it's 6.1.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't even want to go to Tanaan Jungle anymore. The visual palette in the intro quests didn't make it a very appealing place.

In general I am kind of feeling that Draenor's zones are too straightforward, and another basic jungle isn't going to help there. I kind of felt the same way about Pandaria though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think lockboxes was a really good idea by Blizzard. People actually defend now because they want the purple box, and you don't feel like you wasted your time when you lose since you can still get gear or some bonus honor.

Apt101

Stuck in my garrison, logging me out automatically after a minute. There is like 30 other players' followers all bunched up near my griffon. Yay.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Gain back 60+ hours of your life and just plunk the $60 down to get to current content leveling.

$1 an hour. That's pretty sweet.

I'd rather save 60$ for something else than 90 levels. The first 60 already goes by really really fast and the other 30 aren't so bad.

Mitch

Banned
Full heirlooms
Questing in zones at your level
Completing dungeons for their quests

You should be able to hit 90 fairly quick. My latest character I leveled hit level 60 in less than 24 hours /played. Getting through BC and Cata content is extremely easy, especially if you're flying.

I'd personally save the cash.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'd rather save 60$ for something else than 90 levels. The first 60 already goes by really really fast and the other 30 aren't so bad.
40-60 hours is 40-60 hours. That time is way more valuable than $60. My budget is fucked this month, so I couldn't spare it. Mistakes were made though. I wasted my free boost on an 85 a few weeks ago. I regret everything.

Lanrutcon

Don't boost a character. Especially if you've never played that class/spec before/recently.

You can change spec, and you have plenty of time to learn the class on the road to 100.

Safe boosts are Druids and Paladins. Both are pretty OP atm, and they can do...well, everything.

Mitch

Banned
You can change spec, and you have plenty of time to learn the class on the road to 100.

Safe boosts are Druids and Paladins. Both are pretty OP atm, and they can do...well, everything.
There are players who can pick up a class and play without any issue. It's a bit easier since Blizzard implemented the spell pruning, but I'd still recommend a fresh character for those wanting to play a new class.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's better to learn your abilities one by one at a slower pace than being thrown immediately in the deep end. Almost as if the abilities were laid out that way on purpose.

Lanrutcon

Spend an hour on Icy Veins. Profit.

Boosting is no excuse to play poorly at 100. The resources and info is out there, with plenty of content to try it out on.

Mitch

Banned
My biggest piece of advice for anyone trying out a new class: Read the damn tooltips for your spells. I've had friends try out a new class, and they weren't using some of their more powerful CDs.

The same goes for glyphs and talents. You can copy them straight from someone's armory, or skim through a class guide, but actually knowing what everything does is pretty vital to proper gameplay.

Ultratech

I miss Hunter ammo and how pets used to require being fed and pets from all three classes played noticeably different from the others, and how choosing the right pet actually factored into strategy in a big way.

I know why they got rid of/downplayed those things, but I still miss them. :(

Ammo was a pain to maintain and feeding got annoying since you were having to constantly cook/buy food to keep your pet happy (or from running away).

That said, the 3 specs do play differently enough now (sorta) and bringing the right pets for buffs is still important.

Bisnic

40-60 hours is 40-60 hours. That time is way more valuable than $60. My budget is fucked this month, so I couldn't spare it. Mistakes were made though. I wasted my free boost on an 85 a few weeks ago. I regret everything.

Unless you fucking hate leveling, yes, spending 60$ for a lvl 90 boost is a huge waste of money.

I don't hate lvling, I enjoy it and same with progressively learning to know the class/spec I'm playing. I'm still playing a video game I enjoy at the end of the day when lvling from 1 to 90. Some people act like lvling is the devil and should be avoid at all cost(including paying 60$ to skip 90% of it).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Unless you fucking hate leveling, yes, spending 60$ for a lvl 90 boost is a huge waste of money.

I don't hate lvling, I enjoy it and same with progressively learning to know the class/spec I'm playing. I'm still playing a video game I enjoy at the end of the day when lvling from 1 to 90.
No. You need to learn how to value your time if you think it's a huge waste of money. Sure you can have fun redoing old content, but boosting is not a waste.

Mitch

Banned
It comes down to personal preference. There are those who enjoy the leveling experience, and those who want to get to end game content ASAP.

We only had 45 mins of attempts last night on heroic imp and got so close. Got to < 14% many times with people playing horrible and hitting mines. If we had more time we would've killed him.

Mitch

Banned
We only had 45 mins of attempts last night on heroic imp and got so close. Got to < 14% many times with people playing horrible and hitting mines. If we had more time we would've killed him.
Before I went on my break, our group would constantly get disorganized during the last phase. I don't know what the issue was.

One of the biggest issues was the fact that a couple of our raiders had zero awareness. Also the fact that we had people doing sub 15k DPS. Not sure how that's even possible.

^

One of the nice things about my friends and I being a group of wanderers right now is that we get to be ruthless when it comes to cutting people in pugs lol. We had it but our mage buddy got a phone call during the raid and his focus dropped to like 0 and ran into mines twice on our 14% attempts.

Bisnic

No. You need to learn how to value your time if you think it's a huge waste of money. Sure you can have fun redoing old content, but boosting is not a waste.

If you like lvling or if it doesn't bother you, then yes it's a waste. That money could be better spent buying a few cheap games on Steam or a brand new console game.

It's only not a waste for those who only care about endgame and hate taking 30-40+ hours reaching it.

Mitch

Banned
^

One of the nice things about my friends and I being a group of wanderers right now is that we get to be ruthless when it comes to cutting people in pugs lol. We had it but our mage buddy got a phone call during the raid and his focus dropped to like 0 and ran into mines twice on our 14% attempts.
Two of my friends and I formed this guild, so thankfully the raid group was ours to control. Recruiting was a pain in the ass, since everyone apping was a "returning player" from Cataclysm. We gave quite a few people a chance. Last week was the end of trials, so maybe they got rid of some of the dead weight.

Two of my friends and I formed this guild, so thankfully the raid group was ours to control. Recruiting was a pain in the ass, since everyone apping was a "returning player" from Cataclysm. We gave quite a few people a chance. Last week was the end of trials, so maybe they got rid of some of the dead weight.

Gotta trim the fat baby! I hope it works out for y'all. My crew is a group of nine that have been playing games together since we were kids (Halo 2, OG Ghost Recon ect.). We can carry so we just find what we need that at the very least won't stand in fire. We have some offers from some guilds that seem to be able to handle our style so maybe we won't be a bunch of guildless wanderers soon!

Mitch

Banned
Gotta trim the fat baby! I hope it works out for y'all. My crew is a group of nine that have been playing games together since we were kids (Halo 2, OG Ghost Recon ect.). We can carry so we just find what we need that at the very least won't stand in fire. We have some offers from some guilds that seem to be able to handle our style so maybe we won't be a bunch of guildless wanderers soon!
I'm sure the group will do fine. Although, since I left, they really haven't progressed. That was something I was afraid of.

Playing with a group of friends like that would be one of the main reasons I'd continue to play. Unfortunately, the few RL friends that do play are only interested in casual PvP, or too busy to actually play for more than an hour or so a day.

Top Bottom