• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Krassus

Ive thrown it out here before but I'm in a pug guild of friends and a good amount of us are 13/14 or 14/14. If anyone is interested and is Horde just let me know. We have a normal raid running Weds & Saturdays too.

Its a good group if you are social and want to group or raid daily.

Luxury#1795 or pm me

How long does it take to go from 1-90 these days? a week?

To everyone saying "just buy the boost for $60", I have different advice. Buy a ~$10 battlechest and just do RAF dual boxing. If you do dungeons it's right around 12hrs /played to 90. That means you can knock it out on your day off.

styl3s

It comes down to personal preference. There are those who enjoy the leveling experience, and those who want to get to end game content ASAP.
I have been playing the game off/on on 10 years, i don't need or want that leveling experience. I play MMO's for end game so i boosted 2 extra characters and got them both 100 @ 630 gear score in a week.

If you have like 1 character and are new to the game i understand going from 1-100 to experience that content but as someone who has experienced that content for a decade i don't have the time or patience to do all that shit again. The only time i made it a point to re-level a character from level 1 was when cataclysm happened because i was interested in seeing the content. But, brass tax, it's a personal preference. There is absolutely nothing wrong with boosting, dual boxing or straight going 1-100. You pay to play the game so play the way you want.

Level 3 inn seems pretty pointless no? Only gives you follower missions that give you a low amount of gold no?

I think I'll take it down now that gotten all the hc quest items, replace it with a barn maybe.

Also it's weird how I have 0 reason to ever step into a HC again now that I've done the quests.

Mitch

Banned
Level 3 inn seems pretty pointless no? Only gives you follower missions that give you a low amount of gold no?

I think I'll take it down now that gotten all the hc quest items, replace it with a barn maybe.

Also it's weird how I have 0 reason to ever step into a HC again now that I've done the quests.
After I got the meta achievement, I replaced mine. Really not worth it.

They should literally not let you in low-level BGs if you don't have heirlooms.
The only time I've ever done low level BGs, was when I made a Monk in early MoP. The 20-30s brackets were hilarious. Especially in full heirlooms.

Jarnet87

I enjoy leveling new characters until I hit BC. Lots of places in Vanilla to quest. on my DK i've just been instance grinding which seems to go very quick through BC and WoTLK, dunno how fast it goes in Cata.

I just did Tanaan Jungle and setting up the Garrison on my Pally, gonna do it on my DK today as well. May as well have them sitting there collecting Garrison resources.

If the treasure missions were better it might be worth keeping. Right now the only perks of getting the inn is recruiting a few followers for missing traits and counters, and Millhouse Manastorm.(which lvl isnt needed for). Think I am gonna turn it into a trading post on my Druid, and a Barn on my Monk.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Kinda lost what to do with my blacksmithing craftables. lfr is better gear so no one pays much for them now. I wear a few pieces but upgrading them with 15 bloods is dumb too.. I guess I just sell for 2-3k if I can.

Mitch

Banned
Kinda lost what to do with my blacksmithing craftables. lfr is better gear so no one pays much for them now. I wear a few pieces but upgrading them with 15 bloods is dumb too.. I guess I just sell for 2-3k if I can.
Create items for any plate wearing alts you may want to gear up. Aside from that, selling them for that much isn't too bad.

ampere

Try selling the upgrade tokens to 655 and 670? They do require the 15 bloods, but they can sell for a lot. Depends on your server though

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
In my younger wow days id try to flip the 15 bloods but the economy is so volatile now and I avoid the AH games.. Things aren't holding their value as long. I'll buy bloods today for 1k and in a few days they'll be 500 like how temporal dropped. Again, when I could play all the time and I had my cute notebook of server prices it was fine.. But shit is too real now. Unless I just get a barn on this character.. Which I could.. The inn sucks after all the quests are done.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's better to learn your abilities one by one at a slower pace than being thrown immediately in the deep end. Almost as if the abilities were laid out that way on purpose.
The ability drip feed is nothing like what it was when the game launched. Most primary abilities are given to players within the first 15 levels and the rest can just be fluff in a lot of cases.

Megasoum

Banned
I wish the saved variables for all the addons were saved in the cloud. I play a ton at work and at home so it screws up my customized filters in ArkInventory.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm sure you could write some sort of batch script to automate it somewhat. I found this from a quick google as a starting point.

Well the hastle with the key is to always carry it around, make sure it's plugged in the pc, etc.

The cloud would be seemless but it's blocked at work.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Is there a mod that consolidates multistrike procs into the attack that triggered them so I just get one huge number so I can actually see how much the stat is affecting my numbers?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd say Enchanting + Alchemy or Inscription. Enchanting's demand is eternal. As long as people are gearing up, there will be demand for Enchants. Alchemy and Inscription depends on your server and how heavily the markets are dominated by the top AH warriors.

Apt101

I just traded out my level 3 inn for a barn as well. Those "lucrative" treasure hunter missions rewarded less gold than other missions. What a stupid oversight.

Mitch

Banned
My guess would be Enchanting and Alchemy, since there will always be demand.

I'd say Enchanting + Alchemy or Inscription. Enchanting's demand is eternal. As long as people are gearing up, there will be demand for Enchants. Alchemy and Inscription depends on your server and how heavily the markets are dominated by the top AH warriors.
Alchemy for sure. Flasks and potions will always sell.

I just traded out my level 3 inn for a barn as well. Those "lucrative" treasure hunter missions rewarded less gold than other missions. What a stupid oversight.
Pretty much. Obtained Milhouse, all the dungeon achievements and my "crystal of insanity 2.0".

There has got to be a better way to gear followers.

It's just RNG + RNG with War Mill Work orders, scavenger boxes and hoping you get follower missions that reward gear.

Such a pita.

There has got to be a better way to gear followers.

It's just RNG + RNG with War Mill Work orders, scavenger boxes and hoping you get follower missions that reward gear.

Such a pita.

In another week or so I'll have every follower at max ilvl. Will probably get rid of my War Mill at that point.

Neither, to be honest. If you're dead set on sticking with Shaman, you'd probably be better off as Resto.

A good elemental shaman will go very very far even with limitations.

Nobody wants an enehancement shaman except for conq capping quickly. And they are absolutely worthless in RBGs.

Thanks for reply, I'm mostly looking to fool around in BG's, I have my main warrior if I ever want to do competitive stuff. Guess I"ll set my loot spec to elemental for ashran for the pve boost from 660 gear.

Last Tuesday we had three Frost Mages in our raid doing 27k+ DPS.

These are logs from a heroic Twins kill on the 18th: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6ombrv9b48nyxdk4/sum/damageDone/?s=707&e=1045

Forgave - 29,571 DPS as Frost, with 99.4% uptime.

Other fights has him and the other Frost mage around 24-26k from what I can tell.

Looking at his gear compared to mine I need to stack way more haste. Icy-veins has it as the worst stat for us but he has WAY more than I do. I actually have more crit and multistrike than him. Also gonna try using Ice Nova. Have used Unstable Magic just because it's passive.

I'm an expert

Craft yourself a chestpiece, and slap it on....Enter raid, get chestpiece...smash head on desk.

Exactly why I won't make myself gear.. rather just sell it for 1k or something lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just had my own Ga'nar moment in AB at Stables. Alliance kept coming and I kept killing. Needed a 'this is a meat-grinder' macro

Top Bottom