• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I have yet to do a Garrison invasion on both my 100, what am I missing to do that?

They're triggered by killing enemies in the level 100 areas the apexis dailies take place. The type of enemy killed will trigger that type of invasion. I'm guessing a few of the invasions just require mass killing outside of those areas but I haven't looked into it. If you're doing the apexis dailies you should trigger an invasion after maybe three or four days worth of killing. You can also just grind it out if you want as it doesn't need to take place during the dailies for it to count the kills.

What are the little rolling guys called? Gorens? I believe one invasion is for them so I'm guessing that and the similar ones that are outside of the apexis areas just means mass killing where they spawn.

Lanrutcon

I have yet to do a Garrison invasion on both my 100, what am I missing to do that?

Monies, resources, loot.

Just check LFG every now and then for people looking for help with their invasions, and help with theirs instead of instigating your own. Same rewards.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Weird, i have done a couple of Apexis dailies since i hit lvl 100 a couple of weeks ago, yet i haven't triggered an invasion once.

Weird, i have done a couple of Apexis dailies since i hit lvl 100 a couple of weeks ago, yet i haven't triggered an invasion once.

I want to say it takes more than just a few, and it's specific to each faction.

IE if you keep fighting Shattraths demonic invasion forces, you'll get that faster than fighting different factions daliy. It took me about 2 weeks before I got my first invasion, I would say...I concentrated on getting Shattrath dailies, and it took about 7-8 of them?

Fourth week double roll butcher no weapons, also no single roll weapons in lfr :(. Really want to start doing heroic but I can't without some new weapons.

The postive news is I have a follower mission for a 675 item (though any 675 item would be an upgrade right now), hopefully it's a weapon. The bad news is 69% chance. Inc rage if mission fails.

Fourth week double roll butcher no weapons, also no single roll weapons in lfr :(. Really want to start doing heroic but I can't without some new weapons.

The postive news is I have a follower mission for a 675 item (though any 675 item would be an upgrade right now), hopefully it's a weapon. The bad news is 69% chance. Inc rage if mission fails.

Don't get your hopes up, I had a 96% mission like that fail.

Well yeah, I should be cautiously optimistic, 69% isn't bad but it isn't guaranteed :p. Really thought my epic followers would have had more counters though, each of them could counter something seperately, but no one had double counters for this mission. Fortunately they were all human and I had a human bonus.

I got a normal cache again today (was like 92% chance). Unfortunately. (Probably need to kill just a couple more heroic bosses).

Gave me bracers of dubious upgrade value over some 645 other mission ones I have. I'll have to do the math on it.

I got a normal cache again today (was like 92% chance). Unfortunately. (Probably need to kill just a couple more heroic bosses).

Gave me bracers of dubious upgrade value over some 645 other mission ones I have. I'll have to do the math on it.

How many missions did you have before that with 655? I did one follower mission @ 655, cleared 6/7 normal, 1/7 heroic and this is the first heroic cache I've gotten.

Apt101

My guild isn't running raids due to the holidays. I used all four rolls on Ko-grah or whatever his name is. All gold. Pointless resource sink. They may as well just make it a random loot chance and drop the seals for LFR. I get that it's a way to keep players engaged with daily activities to earn resources and continue killing bosses in LFR, but shit. At this rate as soon as my play time dips to about two days a week I'm just going to quit instead.

ampere

My mythic cache is 54 percent so.....

What are you even doing with your life

Remember the mission lasts 2 weeks so maybe you can bump up some more counters and wait a bit

15 boss kills on one difficulty triggers the next one up to be your reward.
So 15 normal = heroic cache. 15 heroic = mythic.

I think you also need an imperator kill on that difficulty. Had a guildy with 15 heroic kills and no imp kill and he got a normal cache. Not 100% sure

Apt101

Talk about insanely bad luck with RNG. I have been on numerous raids with the guild, a few with others, maybe 30 LFR runs. I did not even know the bosses had a chance to drop loot without a seal until tonight. I was just going hoping for trash loot. Haha. Haaahaha.. *cries*

15 boss kills on one difficulty triggers the next one up to be your reward.
So 15 normal = heroic cache. 15 heroic = mythic.

Ah, this makes sense now. Need to start progressing in heroic soon. Also didn't know about the bad luck rule on bonus rolls, guess I shouldn't be spending bonus rolls on anything but bosses that drop weapons. Guess that's the brightside of tectus not dropping his trinket for me this bonus roll.

edit: No imperator kill for me in normal and it still upgrade my cache to heroic.

edit2: Mission failed, bonus loot for butcher was gold again. Really losing any motivation to play when I can't increase my ilvl and thus get into harder difficultues because of rng.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Meh, pugging woes. Before you say find a guild, my schedule doesn't work well with them. :/

-The group finder needs to have a required selection for loot rules when making the listing. Not many people type them out.

-I'd like to be able to opt out of group loot for personal in ML groups. The system is already in place with previous kills taking you out of the loot pool. I'm not sure how many groups would allow it since it would change drop numbers, but a personal friendly toggle people could vote on would be nice at least for some crossover groups.

-Personal loot was a good addition, but the community leans toward ML. Outside of guild runs, one person shouldn't completely control loot. I always wonder if I'll be fucked over for the week. Blizzard could easily have a smart roll system that takes upgrades and loot history into account. They should be able to tell what's an upgrade even when Blakcrock Foundry drops with it's 5 ilvl gap. Then there could be a UI for the raid leader to modify any MS/OS and weapon quirks. Maybe this is too much to ask for...

The Gingerbread Cookie business is a good business to be in right now:

B5sTQuHIEAE3dJC.jpg

Bisnic

All the miners in my Garrison are just standing there, looking at the walls... lifeless. It's a bit creepy.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Figures the WoW community would troll Christmas...

p1055382340-4.jpg

Where the gifts are. Piles of people afking on oversized mounts.

Gifts haven't spawned yet on my realm. But yeah there's a mountain of mammoths, dancing braziers, romantic picnics, darkmoon faire rides, repair bots, nomis, you name it.

vocab

All the miners in my Garrison are just standing there, looking at the walls... lifeless. It's a bit creepy.
Working on Christmas while their commander is at orgrimmar eating ginger bread cookies. Thats some great morale raising tactics commander.

Rokam

Any prot pallies around by chance tried soloing ToT LFR/Normal, need 3 more pieces of transmog from those places, 2 of which can drop off any boss.

lazygecko

Normal 10 man is probably easier than LFR which is scaled for 25 man. I think MoP content is sitting kinda on the edge of being soloable right now. Might need some more tiers of gear for that.

Bisnic

Working on Christmas while their commander is at orgrimmar eating ginger bread cookies. Thats some great morale raising tactics commander.

I'm not Horde, but ok. If you're inviting me to Orgrimmar, I'll come if you promise me I won't get killed. It's Christmas after all!

Apt101

Some assholes on Eonar have been moutning up on their largest mounts and crowding the NPC. I wish I could shit on someone's face through the Internet.

Apt101

Balance in PvP feels extremely off for a few classes. After seeing them in action a lot lately (started playing BG's in earnest) I spent about 10 minutes familiarizing myself with a friend's hunter and then went to work using it. It is almost impossible to die, like you have to actually give up. And I was doing insane mounts of damage killing numerous people with very little effort. I really should have leveled my own hunter. Good lord they are so OP'd in the hands of someone who understands PvP it is insane. 38 kills, 0 deaths, in my very first BG.

Edit: my first BG after I got the hang of a hunter. Which was my second BG with him. The first one didn't count because I was just spending the time reading tool tips and trying out moves. Also kill cunt typo.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
PVP balance is very off right now, probably the worst it's been since wotlk. I don't really blame them though as they did a lot of changes in the pre-xpac patch and the xpac itself and they need some time to get a feel for everything. However, the scale has never been as easy to see as it is right now so you do have to question if they can see the glaring issues.

There is such an obvious and noticeable divide between ret/priest/druid/hunter and the other classes, which I don't remember seeing in the last 10 years. You've had random anomalies like trinket mage/macestun war/tank lock/BM but never so many classes that are so lopsided all at one time. Again, it's kind of why I don't mind it, because there are more good classes than not (I have DK/war/lock basically at par, war slightly worse than usual due to random shit like losing charge stuns and dispels and just silly shit).

The truth is, with a class like hunter, when they got the deterrence overhaul back in the day it was huge. And its effect honestly still reverberates. Same with skills like cloak. If you changed deterrence back to parry, you'd instantly see them drop to normal levels of survival and then their glass cannon status would return.

I think they made a big mistake taking out the disarm mechanic in general, also.

lazygecko

Even though shaman is sub-par in general, playing double enhancement in 2v2 is mad fun. We utterly destroyed the retri/frost dk comp which is usually a pain in the ass for everyone else.

Top Bottom