• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At the end of the day, this is just more publicity for Reckful. Hell, his stream is offline atm and you still have hundreds or even thousands of people right now talking on his chat. I feel bad for him, but he is def in the wrong here.

$60 is nothing to him. He can just get anaccount and boost to 90, lvl up and do what he does best.

I understand that his account was old, but I don't think he ever did high end PVE, so dont think he has lost any unobtainable mounts and items from the past. Only PVP ones I think, going back to Wotlk. Which still sucks. Besides, he doesn't need any of that shit to prove how good he was, and still is.

Pretty much, if he had something like Scarab Lord and the mount it would be one thing.

ampere

Pretty much, if he had something like Scarab Lord and the mount it would be one thing.

Pretty sure when you get banned they ban a wow account, so he can make a new wow account under his bnet and he'll still have Scarab Lord or w/e. Glad titles and mounts are character specific though.

I don't think Blizzard bans bnet accounts, just individual wow accounts. Not positive though.

Kraftwerk

Pretty sure when you get banned they ban a wow account, so he can make a new wow account under his bnet and he'll still have Scarab Lord or w/e. Glad titles and mounts are character specific though.

I don't think Blizzard bans bnet accounts, just individual wow accounts. Not positive though.

Good point, didnt think about this.

Apt101

I overheard a story about a person's Bnet account being banned for verbally abusing others via chat and what not (some ex-coworker having rows with his ex and her friends). Never heard of them outright banning an entire Bnet ccount due to in-game issues though.

Dicer

Banned
Reckful got permabanned from WoW and is so salty about it. It's pretty good WoW gameplay: http://twitch.tv/reckful

Dudes been bending/breaking the rules forever, surprised it took this long...Just because you are internet famous doesn't mean you should be able to get away with shit.

Be interesting to see if it sticks, but as others of said he'll find the right person to complain to and will probably be back.

Chris R

What ilvl should I be for gold proving ground?

edit: also finally finished all the quests in the main part of the exp pack, good stuff for the most part.

Oibignose

What ilvl should I be for gold proving ground?

edit: also finally finished all the quests in the main part of the exp pack, good stuff for the most part.

I'm not sure ilvl really matters. For the tanking one I just had to do a bit of trial and error whilst learning the spawns and good positioning. Kiting really helped. Think I did it soon after silver in ilvl terms. Haven't tried the dps gold as a fury warrior, might give that a go. I wish lfr required gold proving grounds.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I've beaten the tanking gold on my DK but I can't beat the dps gold on my Mage mainly because of the stupid monkeys and having shit dps while moving.

Almost every ranged class needs to use abilities they will NEVER use in real PvE to get gold/endless gold.

I have to use cataclysm as a warlock. Cataclysm is shit.

ampere

Almost every ranged class needs to use abilities they will NEVER use in real PvE to get gold/endless gold.

I have to use cataclysm as a warlock. Cataclysm is shit.

Our locks use Cataclysm if they do stands on Kargath. It's legit AoE, only useless for single target. And yea CMs it's amazing

Lanrutcon

Our locks use Cataclysm if they do stands on Kargath. It's legit AoE, only useless for single target. And yea CMs it's amazing

Cataclysm shouldn't be a talent. That would solve our AOE issues. But hey, Blizzard are currently shitting on Warlocks so hard it's almost personal. Ran HM Normal on my MM Hunter alt last night, totally worst geared than my 653 Affliction Warlock by about 18 ilevels...and actually out damaged him on certain bosses. That's just not right

Coins

Banned
I'm not sure ilvl really matters. For the tanking one I just had to do a bit of trial and error whilst learning the spawns and good positioning. Kiting really helped. Think I did it soon after silver in ilvl terms. Haven't tried the dps gold as a fury warrior, might give that a go. I wish lfr required gold proving grounds.

It matters if you're below 615. It will scale your gear down to 615 but not up to 615.

Anybody else been getting a "Your Device Driver is Out of Date." message pretty much since WoD?

Everything is updated, even my audio drivers (which were annoying to do), yet the message persists, probably in error. Really annoying.

Oibignose

It matters if you're below 615. It will scale your gear down to 615 but not up to 615.

That makes sense now, I managed bronze and silver tanking when I first hit 100 and took some gear upgrades from heroics to get the gold. Technique and practice will get you through at a lower ilvl anyway I believe.

Chris R

Ok I'm just now 615 so I might give gold a try. Only wave I really had issues on was when I didn't silence a healer and had to pop bloodlust to finish before the timer ran out.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Seems like going up on Kargath is better suited for other classes, especially moonkins or rogues. It's a small part of the fight.

I guess there's a small niche for everything, I hadn't thought about CMs yet, but then again I wasn't even gonna bother with CMs on my lock until they got some changes anyway.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I got 51 total wipes on Imperator so far. That fucker is making me miserable. ;_;

And I saw some pugs asking people for *Imperator's Fall achievement* simply for fresh normal runs. As if it wasn't bad enough to have tons of normal Imperator pugs asking for that achievement lol.

daedalius

So I joined a premade in Ashran through the LFG tool... and I can't see any of them in game but I see them on my map.

Is there some weird phasing shit going on here?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So I joined a premade in Ashran through the LFG tool... and I can't see any of them in game but I see them on my map.

Is there some weird phasing shit going on here?

was the group made of players of your actual server cluster's?

We're progressing on Heroic Brackenspore now, but we keep getting overwhelmed by the moss around 30%. I'm one of the two hunters in charge of using the flamethrowers, usually I look at where the next mushroom has spawned then clear as much as possible in that area, if I'm ever on 0% heat I'll try to clear other areas as well. Is there anything I'm doing wrong here that's causing the moss to grow faster than I can get rid of it?

So serious question, but do DK's ever die? Blood and Frost especially are absolutely ridiculous in pvp right now. Thought Blizzard was scaling back the self-healing from certain classes?

It's like the one class I can't take one on one.

Makes me a sad panda :(

M.D

Less than 400k xp to 100
I will try to learn feral once I get there, because balance is goddamn boring, even more so now with the new system

Also need to level my hunter dammit >< how is the the xp from dungeons? Haven't done one yet because I didn't want to get any boost to exp and outlevel my leveling zone

Arcayne

incredibly torn between what I want/like to play (feral) and what I should play (balance). Trying to find an RBG grp as a feral is dreadful, especially when the RBG grp asks if I'm a balance druid and doesn't respond back when I say feral.

tried balance to see what the buzz was about, and it is incredibly boring. AoE dmg numbers are amazingly high, but there is just no satisfaction behind any of the spells. Nothing like snapshotting all my bleeds on a target and using feroicious bite right before beserk ends and critting for 120k on a player. Mmm

lazygecko

Sit in Ashran queue for 45 minutes

AFK for a minute to take a leak

Queue pops while you're gone and you miss your 20 second window to join.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Sit in Ashran queue for 45 minutes

AFK for a minute to take a leak

Queue pops while you're gone and you miss your 20 second window to join.

I have missed it a few times too. Should be 2 minutes and play a loud sound. What we have now sucks.

I've spent way more time leveling early in this expansion than any others. By this point usually I have 1 maxed character and another maybe halfway to max. Right now I have two 100's, two 95's, a 94 and a 92.

Oh the joys of being a decursing class in Molten Core.

g40bSgc.png

The other druid was a feral that joined halfway through and didn't decurse once.

Whoever came up with the idea of bringing 40 man MC back when decurse is on an 8 second cool down deserves a swift kick in the nuts.

Earlier in the run we had 21 hunters before a couple left, useless bastards.

ampere

This is amusing. tectus.rocks

The other druid was a feral that joined halfway through and didn't decurse once.

Whoever came up with the idea of bringing 40 man MC back when decurse is on an 8 second cool down deserves a swift kick in the nuts.

Yeah the throwback was momentarily amusing, but it was more painful than anything. I did it once, said fuck it regarding the enchant and bought a Hatespark.

Son1x

I know the feel. I, as a resto shaman, was one of I think 5 that could decurse. Don't think all of them decursed either.

Much like that group, we also didn't have a single mage so I was constantly low of mana.

Atlantis

I know the feel. I, as a resto shaman, was one of I think 5 that could decurse. Don't think all of them decursed either.

Much like that group, we also didn't have a single mage so I was constantly low of mana.

I don't know guys, I personally thought constantly having to bitch at people to decurse (along with Hunters wiping the group) really helped the anniversary edition keep that classic MC feel.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Well if they're gonna ban soda too.. I guess they do want to make a statement. Pretty weird to alienate major players that way though. I guess with the competitive pvp scene dead they don't need players like these guys anymore.

Tarazet

I don't know guys, I personally thought constantly having to bitch at people to decurse (along with Hunters wiping the group) really helped the anniversary edition keep that classic MC feel.

I did enjoy being #1 DPS on Lucifron even while using Remove Corruption on cooldown. Back then, we would have killed for AoE as good as today's Laser Turkey.

Top Bottom