• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

StMeph

Been patiently waiting for Blizzard to put Warlords of Draenor on sale for the holidays but now I'm beginning to wonder if it will happen.

Unlikely, since the launch was only a month ago in November. Only the in-game pets and mounts are on sale right now. Probably won't see a WoD sale until next year.

I've honestly never viewed Rogue as a pve class. Every time I've rolled one it's solely been for pvp

I made my Rogue back in 2004, it was fine in Vanilla and decent in WotLK, in the beginning of BC you hardly ever got invited to heroics because using Sap broke stealth and bosses were immune to poison. Since Cata the class has been an Auto-Attack bot, yet blizzard doesn't bother making the class more exciting to play because it would make them gods in PvP.

Savitar

So my alt got to 100 and got him to ilevel 611 when I thought might as well do MC, only there is no option for it. I already did it on my main but wanted the hat for the alt as well, is it possible to get it? Also noticed that three dungeons were no longer listed under normal: Bloodmail Slag Mines, Iron Docks, and Auchidoun. I never noticed them vanishing before on my main, am I getting a bug here or is it simply an iLevel thing. Puzzled by the whole thing.

And in case someone might ask yes got silver in proving grounds.

Unlikely, since the launch was only a month ago in November. Only the in-game pets and mounts are on sale right now. Probably won't see a WoD sale until next year.

I am pretty sure they put Mists of Pandaria on sale the same holiday season that it released. Not positive but I seem to remember it.

So my alt got to 100 and got him to ilevel 611 when I thought might as well do MC, only there is no option for it. I already did it on my main but wanted the hat for the alt as well, is it possible to get it? Also noticed that three dungeons were no longer listed under normal: Bloodmail Slag Mines, Iron Docks, and Auchidoun. I never noticed them vanishing before on my main, am I getting a bug here or is it simply an iLevel thing. Puzzled by the whole thing.

Requires ilvl 615.

StMeph

LFR is 615, but yes, alts will get the helm from Ragnaros for their first run.

All dungeons have a Heroic version at 100, but the dungeons you listed aren't available at 100 as Normal, because they're too low-level.

Yay got good stats on my 645 staff from a follower mission (haste/multistrike) and succeeded my follower mission for a 655 piece with an 87% chance and got boots which was one of my 2 last blues, with a few bonus stats (indestructible and a socket). :D

Rapstah

In the patch 0.6.0 notes, there's a part about how Far Sight should now do a nice zoom instead of popping right to where you target. I'm pretty sure that still doesn't work as intended then.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone who says Garrosh was the best warchief is a monster, just like Garrosh was.

Or didn't read any of the quest text and only followed the mustache twirler they turned him into for Mists of Pandaria.

Garrosh is one of the few characters since Illidan that has actually come off as more than one dimensional in how his character acts and how it shows weakness and how it shows strength. He was The Horde in that he had a goal and he was rough about how he planned to establish it, but he needed to achieve it for what he considered the greater good and never forsakes his honor(Which Thrall did in WoD)

Prior to Garrosh taking over the Horde post-WC3, the Horde never had any identity and certainly not the identity they had in WC3. They were just sort of there, they were 'bad' but not really but it never even showed in vanilla WHY they were perceived as bad or dangerous. They had no grit, no edge. Vol'jin is a very dry character and actually feels like he's had less development than even characters like Moira. They can try to give him some more in WoD, but I have a feeling he'll be the same complacent character pre-cata Thrall was in WoW.

Maledict

I'm sorry but Garrosh was beyond idiotic. I still maintain to this day someone at Blizzard got confused when they were designing Wrath of the Lich King and got his character mixed up with Saurfang's son.

Garrosh's arc made *no* sense based on the very long and detailed quest lines you do in Outlands on the Horde side. None whatsoever.

He was then written like someone with multiple personalities (against nukes and plagues, now FOR nukes and plagues!) and made numerous idiotic decisions that didn't make any sense.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The engaging part of cat is that your 'rotation' is really just keeping track of crits and procs and prioritizing abilites.
I mean...you could say this about almost any damage dealing class. Even then, Feral's interaction with critical strike is far less interesting than say, Fire Mage or Fury Warrior. Even if you get to a point where upkeep on Savage Roar isn't a big deal while leveling it's obvious to me that maintenance on long fights would become tedious. The Feral Druid rotation just looks like a weird joke to me. Guides have sections labeled "What to do the Rest of the Time". If the bleeds and self buffs that needed to be maintained were actually interesting that would be something, but ultimately the pieces of the kit are super straightforward and uninteresting. People complain about Arms Warrior but it's honestly two or three times more complex than Feral Druid.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Aside from the no-longer-in-game black mount, it's possible to get a teal colored one from Archaeology Tol'vir solves.

You mean the one from the AQ opening event? Shit, there's like two of those still around. Not like there were ever more than a handful of them anyways. It's still in-game, just impossible to get.

cdyhybrid

It grinds my gears that classes with class-specific mounts can't favorite those mounts, so they don't show up in the "Summon Random Favorite Mount" pool.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It grinds my gears that classes with class-specific mounts can't favorite those mounts, so they don't show up in the "Summon Random Favorite Mount" pool.

Yeah, at least thankfully the DK one appears at the top of the list if you wanna look for it manually but it sucks that you can't use the random mount feature with it.

At least there is the shadowmourne mount as a semi alternative...

vocab

So every world raid/LFR I join i get very low local ms, and really high world ms. I'm having a lot of fun blizzard. It's like as soon as I get off my server I join some Brazilian server, and am basically fucked. The fuck happen to this game.

Mothman91

Hell yea, got my second highmaul mission finally and it's for a epic piece!! As long as it isn't a ring or a head piece, then it'll be a good upgrade.

pls give me spire of tectus, or one of those trinkets off of imp.

TomServo

You mean the one from the AQ opening event? Shit, there's like two of those still around. Not like there were ever more than a handful of them anyways. It's still in-game, just impossible to get.

I saw a Scarab Lord in the wild while leveling in Gorgrond. Been playing since early 2005, first time for me.

So every world raid/LFR I join i get very low local ms, and really high world ms. I'm having a lot of fun blizzard. It's like as soon as I get off my server I join some Brazilian server, and am basically fucked. The fuck happen to this game.

This recent? I was getting some pretty severe latency spikes this morning in LFG groups for The Pit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I saw a Scarab Lord in the wild while leveling in Gorgrond. Been playing since early 2005, first time for me.

I saw my second in an instance the other day and I've been playing since close to launch. I'm like 90% sure it was the same guy both times.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yay got good stats on my 645 staff from a follower mission (haste/multistrike) and succeeded my follower mission for a 655 piece with an 87% chance and got boots which was one of my 2 last blues, with a few bonus stats (indestructible and a socket). :D

Jesus, how high can garrison equipment go?

I've been logging in every day just to do garrison stuff since I hit 100. Been busy with life and other games and haven't actually been doing anything else in WoW, but I've already gone from like around ilvl 570 when I hit 100 to ilvl 614 as of today just from garrison stuff (including the forge).

cdyhybrid

I've been logging in every day just to do garrison stuff since I hit 100. Been busy with life and other games and haven't actually been doing anything else in WoW, but I've already gone from like around ilvl 570 when I hit 100 to ilvl 614 as of today just from garrison stuff (including the forge).

You can get loot from the current raid if you complete follower ilvl 645 missions. They only come up every 2 weeks or something though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They need to retool the way Garrison Missions work. I have 14 followers at Epic + 645 ilvl and missions that actually require that basically never come up. There should be 645 missions for gold, or resources, or pets, or mounts or something other than gear so you have a reason to level your dudes up that high.

It is getting a bit disappointing that as my followers slap on the equivalent of epics that they're still being asked to kill a goddamn level 90 frog in SMV for 150 exp.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It is getting a bit disappointing that as my followers slap on the equivalent of epics that they're still being asked to kill a goddamn level 90 frog in SMV for 150 exp.

It's because people complained they stopped seeing low level quests once all followers were 100 meaning they couldn't spam salvage.

ZenaxPure

Last time I saw one was at Darkmoon Faire prolly almost a year/year-and-a-half ago.

I have a picture of it, but it's on my other computer.

There were 3 Scarab Lords on my server (that I knew about anyway, not sure if anyone else managed to sneak past the finish line and didn't tell anyone which totally happened with 1 of those 3). One of them was in my guild and I still see him every now and then every single expansion, though I haven't seen him in WoD yet.

Followers cap out at 655 but I've never got a mission higher than 645. That was my second 645 mission (first one I got a 655 chest from).

You can get mythic raid gear from follower missions.

Mordeccai

Man, I haven't been able to get a pug group to down tectus all day queing as a healer. I knocked it out early in the week tanking it on my DK and the fight is so simple. I just wanna down him for a roll at the staff he drops >.<

I read that the iLevel of your follower raid gear missions is based on what difficulty you've down in your real raids. I think it was 8 boss kills from a difficulty unlocks follower missions from the next difficulty. So 8 kills in normal gives you heroic missions, etc. I don't remember exactly but it was something like that.

Anyway, I spent most of this weekend waiting in queue to get into Ashran and never got into Ashran. A couple times the queue popped but I was helping friends and didn't want to abandon them, a couple times it popped when I wasn't paying attention. Most of the time I just got tired of waiting and logged off after ~90 minutes of just wasting time waiting. It really sucks, I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually enjoys that zone but I never get to play it anymore.

In other news, having so much fun on my warrior is making me question my choice of main.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ugh, the last 5 pieces of gear from heroics I need for my alt is a bitch to get right now.

Edit: Same thing hours later. lol. I got 6 epics before doing heroics. So, that skews things. I've done about 12 total and I'm wearing 3 pieces gear from them. Maybe LFR will deliver later today.

Son1x

The four qiraji mounts from AQ don't count towards the 50 mount achievement? :/ Neither does the guild mount...

I'm almost certain they should.

For the achievement, you need to be able to summon 50 mounts on a single character, so class or faction specific that appear there and you own don't count towards it.

If I could spit on the face on whoever decided to make ashran only conquest a thing I fucking would.

Doing ashran just fucking enrages me, how do you fuck up so hard?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
If I could spit on the face on whoever decided to make ashran only conquest a thing I fucking would.

Doing ashran just fucking enrages me, how do you fuck up so hard?

It has so many mechanics that directly impede victory. People don't wanna die so they don't get credit for the final kill therefore they don't do anything but hide and use ranged attacks, this is especially a problem for melee.

The game thing is also true for fragments.

Thankfully I should be able to get my conquest weapon without needing to do ashran this week.

I hope.

Top Bottom