• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Mupod

If I could spit on the face on whoever decided to make ashran only conquest a thing I fucking would.

Doing ashran just fucking enrages me, how do you fuck up so hard?

I like the idea of it on paper. Basically old AV, an eternal back and forth battle with lots of dumb side shit to do to help the main battle push back and forth. In practice the zerg is just miserable and there's no way to push the battle forward except zerg harder. Unless you want broken bones or nemesis achievements you don't even get much of anything for it, the real rewards are in the events.

The side stuff is fun, so I stick to that. I got the artifact a couple times and just went on a rampage in the side zones for the entire duration of the thing. I grabbed the jumpy legs powerup and became some kind of stealthy flying cat-kangaroo death machine. I made 2000 honor in half an hour.

My main issue is the queue. Jesus fuck, 3-4 hours. What do you do if you can't play that long? I doubt I'll have more than an hour or two to play at all this week after tonight, so I might as well not even try.

I saw a Scarab Lord in the wild while leveling in Gorgrond. Been playing since early 2005, first time for me.

My guild opened the gates on burning blade so we had our own scarab lord for a long time. The guy had almost 300 days /played BEFORE burning crusade. He's long since quit but his twin brother is back for WoD.

Tacitus_

I like the idea of it on paper. Basically old AV, an eternal back and forth battle with lots of dumb side shit to do to help the main battle push back and forth. In practice the zerg is just miserable and there's no way to push the battle forward except zerg harder. Unless you want broken bones or nemesis achievements you don't even get much of anything for it, the real rewards are in the events.

My main issue is the queue. Jesus fuck, 3-4 hours. What do you do if you can't play that long? I doubt I'll have more than an hour or two to play at all this week after tonight, so I might as well not even try.

Just like old AV. Takes ages to queue and to do :lol

At least you can help the summons from the side stuff.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Ashran only works if you are alliance and can log on early in the morning. I signed on early and got in almost instantly, farmed up 1000 quick conquest and left. My horde characters can't do anything but wait a long time to get farmed. Or if I sign on alliance later in the day/night it takes hours to get in.

I just started doing PVP on my alliance mage this weekend and have 3 conquest pieces and a full blue set, so it is nice if you are on the winning side.

Mitch

Banned
2̶0̶%̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶ ̶p̶o̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶v̶a̶i̶l̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶G̶a̶r̶r̶i̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶I̶n̶n̶/̶T̶a̶v̶e̶r̶n̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶f̶i̶c̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶?̶

Nevermind.

daedalius

Ashran only works if you are alliance and can log on early in the morning. I signed on early and got in almost instantly, farmed up 1000 quick conquest and left. My horde characters can't do anything but wait a long time to get farmed. Or if I sign on alliance later in the day/night it takes hours to get in.

I just started doing PVP on my alliance mage this weekend and have 3 conquest pieces and a full blue set, so it is nice if you are on the winning side.

What do you even do to get conquest?

I've been there a few times and have literally no idea what is going on other than a massive zerg vs zerg (which, by the way, is super boring for melee)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
What do you even do to get conquest?

I've been there a few times and have literally no idea what is going on other than a massive zerg vs zerg (which, by the way, is super boring for melee)

There are side events are announced via zone chat that will have a two swords icon on the map. Completing those takes a group 1 minute and they give 250 honor, 125 conquest and can be repeated as many times as you want. They also give a chance at a chest for blue gear. They are up fairly often.

The main boss also gives 350 conquest a day. The boss also drops an epic chest that has a small chance at rewarding a piece of conquest gear. You can get one chest a day, but if you get a conquest piece it will have only blues for the rest of the week.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
happy holidays WoWGAF!

Got The Bladefist last night and finally got my iLvl up to 640+.

56DbKFw.gif

Jarnet87

Got The Bladefist last night and finally got my iLvl up to 640+.

56DbKFw.gif

The bladefirst is really cool, wouldn't mind a pair on my Monk to use offset or transmog later on.

Garrison's must be a nightmare for Blizz to handle. If they change things one way people complain so they try and balance it the other way, then people complain about that change. Wouldn't shock me if they get rid of it completely for the next expansion. That is of course my worst fear since they've made gathering professions completely useless this expansion and I will either have to pick them up again or make a new character.

241 mounts, I need 9 more for the achievement. I'm currently running Throne of the Four Winds, Dragon Soul, ICC and Firelands on anywhere between four and seven characters per week (was running Ulduar too but Mimiron's head finally dropped - over the moon about that, one of my absolute favourite mounts in the game). That's potentially 8 mounts. Farming Nat Pagle rep and coins for the waterstrider, doing occasional runs around the rare spawn locations in Draenor and working on the leather and cloth for the two profession mounts.

I think I might have a problem.

241 mounts, I need 9 more for the achievement. I'm currently running Throne of the Four Winds, Dragon Soul, ICC and Firelands on anywhere between four and seven characters per week (was running Ulduar too but Mimiron's head finally dropped - over the moon about that, one of my absolute favourite mounts in the game). That's potentially 8 mounts. Farming Nat Pagle rep and coins for the waterstrider, doing occasional runs around the rare spawn locations in Draenor and working on the leather and cloth for the two profession mounts.

I think I might have a problem.

I just hit 200 (well 201) yesterday and feel like 250 is going to be impossible.

th3dude

On the topic of mounts, is there a good resource for how to start collecting? Like an easy-hard listing and some type of description/guide to get them?

Garrison's must be a nightmare for Blizz to handle. If they change things one way people complain so they try and balance it the other way, then people complain about that change. Wouldn't shock me if they get rid of it completely for the next expansion. That is of course my worst fear since they've made gathering professions completely useless this expansion and I will either have to pick them up again or make a new character.

Haven't they said already that getting rid of Garrisons in the next expansion is exactly what they're doing?

I think in the same interview someone said that they wish they had made Archeaology a "one expansion thing" as well.

EDIT: Found it here...

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-future-of-world-of-warcraft/#page-1

After a decade of watching World of Warcraft build up so many features and content, Chilton is just as occupied with taking things out of the world. “I think the game can only support so much complexity at any given time,” he tells me. “Even while some features were cool and interesting, we have to find ways to phase features out to make room for new features.”

The most recent example of this ‘phasing out’ was the removal of flying mounts for Warlords of Draenor, as the team had come to believe that they removed too much of the fun of exploration.

“In some ways,” Chilton says, “I wish we had kept some features bound to the expansions they lived in to make room for more innovation without players feeling like we were taking something away.” He points to the Archaeology profession introduced in Cataclysm as an example; he wishes they’d removed it in time for Mists of Pandaria. It’s a practice he intends to follow in the future. The garrisons introduced in the upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion, for instance, won’t carry over to whatever comes next.

Robin64

On the topic of mounts, is there a good resource for how to start collecting? Like an easy-hard listing and some type of description/guide to get them?

The absolute easiest mounts to get are the various race ones, I would say. You could begin there. You can wear a race's tabard in low level dungeons and absolutely blitz them to get the rep required quickly. And each race has like 6 mounts to get. Good initial boost.

StMeph

Easy: faction mounts at Exalted, any mounts for gold, PvP Honor mounts, 100% drop mounts
Medium: 1% drops from dungeons, Heroics, meta achievements
Hard: 1% drops from Raids, holiday event mounts, timed unique rewards (CM mounts, etc.)

th3dude

The absolute easiest mounts to get are the various race ones, I would say. You could begin there. You can wear a race's tabard in low level dungeons and absolutely blitz them to get the rep required quickly. And each race has like 6 mounts to get. Good initial boost.

Easy: faction mounts at Exalted, any mounts for gold, PvP Honor mounts, 100% drop mounts
Medium: 1% drops from dungeons, Heroics, meta achievements
Hard: 1% drops from Raids, holiday event mounts, timed unique rewards (CM mounts, etc.)

Thanks!

I'm sure there's people in here that don't feel this way,

Honestly, who can say ventrilo is better than mumble? I see this shit constantly. There's literally atleast a half second delay in ventrilo and the audio codec is noticeably worse. Out of all the voice clients, I don't understand why ventrilo endures besides people being stubborn to care. In WoW there's a surprising number of people who prefer ventrilo.

Just an annoyed rant to get off my chest whenever I see raid groups use ventrilo and have the gall to defend it.

Mitch

Banned
Mumble has been my group's choice of comms for the last year and a half. I also use Steam chat when talking to RL friends, and that's not bad either. Haven't used Vent since the days of Ragnarok Online.

Robin64

Vent absolutely sucks on my Macbook Pro without a headset (which is how I usually chat) as it has no feedback mute in that instance. Just weird.

I think Ventrilo remaining popular with WoW players is just a relic of it being pretty much the de facto voice comm software at the time, you know, half a decade back.

My guild uses Mumble though. Only annoying thing right now is with Mumble open I get increased white noise feedback in my headset.

TheYanger

Yeah vent is painfully bad compared to both mumble and teamspeak now, Vent just happened to be the defacto software when pugging was at its height - BC through Wrath.

vocab

If ventrillo was low latency and supported id stick with it. Mumbles awful audio static crackle pop from mic amplification shit made me break a pair of headphones that were overly too loud, and started hurting my ears badly. I just hate the mumble codec. It was so much better before they changed it.

I've only had problems with Vent on macs.

I don't like Teamspeak's UI. For that matter I'm not a huge fan of Vent's UI, but eh, I'm used to it.

I've never used Mumble.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's probably because the age of your average EVE player is 30 and we all know how good 30 year olds are at adopting new technologies.

(Not very.)

lazygecko

I wish Mumble was the universal standard. I had to install Teamspeak recently, and the first thing that happens is it starts perpetually launching new instances of itself forcing me to reboot my computer. Oh and that Overwolf overlay addon that comes with it cuts my framerate in half.

The worst of them all though is Skype. It's just bloated as hell and is clearly not designed for gaming in mind. It didn't even have push to talk for the longest time either and most people probably aren't aware or won't bother with it at this point. And naturally one of the people in our guild who doesn't use push to talk has kids and a family and just lives in a generally noisy environment.

Rokam

so with my follower at lvl 100, how can i start equipping his item? and what benefit does that give me?

Salvage Yard level 2/3 will get you chests that can contain follower upgrades, the chests are a 100% drop rate from level 100 missions if you succeed. And will sometimes drop from 95-99 missions when you succeed.

Dwarven Bunker/War Mill level 2 will allow you to do work orders that require garrison resources to sometimes get follower upgrades.

Upgrading your followers will get you higher level missions for better xp, gold and most importantly gear.

2+ Followers at 615 will sometimes give you missions that reward 630 ilvl gear or a 630 weapon/armor for your follower
2+ Followers at 630 will sometimes give you missions that reward 645 ilvl gear or a 645 weapon/armor for your follower.
2+ Followers at 645 will net you a mission that rewards a random piece of loot from Highmaul, I believe weapons are excluded. If you've killed 15ish bosses on Normal the missions will reward Heroic loot, 15 on heroic will get you Mythic level gear. This mission has an internal cd of around 2 weeks I believe, but don't quote me on that.

Ultratech

I wish Mumble was the universal standard. I had to install Teamspeak recently, and the first thing that happens is it starts perpetually launching new instances of itself forcing me to reboot my computer. Oh and that Overwolf overlay addon that comes with it cuts my framerate in half.

The worst of them all though is Skype. It's just bloated as hell and is clearly not designed for gaming in mind. It didn't even have push to talk for the longest time either and most people probably aren't aware or won't bother with it at this point. And naturally one of the people in our guild who doesn't use push to talk has kids and a family and just lives in a generally noisy environment.

I don't mind using Vent or Mumble. Don't really have too many issues with them.
(Though I have to call people out on their BS when they say they can't download or install it for "reasons".)

Teamspeak though...lol

And yeah, I don't like using Skype for games.

The only other one I've used is RaidCall and it's a piece of shit.
(Had multiple instances where their servers would break and you'd be SOL.)

royalan

Just waited an hour to get into a dungeon.

Finally get in, and the dungeon had already been completed except for the last boss. :(

Got into a pretty nice guild and got 6/7H ! Boy oh boy. My last guild was a bit...eh. Too many jokes at the expense of people..and they didn't progress alot. Mostly that.

Mordeccai

Just had a pug boe farming group really piss me off. I zone in, help clear trash for four pulls, and the leather belt drops. All of a sudden the ms/os roll rules change and the RL decides since I wasnt there long enough, he gets to AH the loot. We pull three more packs, keep in mind I'm still healing and said nothing more than "that's not fair, but w/e lets clear".

Group then kicks me after pulling 45k hps on a double pull as another leather epic drops.

I think I just need to go ly dow.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Just had a pug boe farming group really piss me off. I zone in, help clear trash for four pulls, and the leather belt drops. All of a sudden the ms/os roll rules change and the RL decides since I wasnt there long enough, he gets to AH the loot. We pull three more packs, keep in mind I'm still healing and said nothing more than "that's not fair, but w/e lets clear".

Group then kicks me after pulling 45k hps on a double pull as another leather epic drops.

I think I just need to go ly dow.
Meh, I don't trust these random MLers. There always seems to be a rule change. I wish the group finder had a filter for personal loot. Or maybe have a roll system that takes into account current spec/ilvl/loot history.

Krassus

Wanted sword from H Imp but got the Kograh one, still happy but shitty loot night overall. Hopefully its kinder to my hunter =((

Top Bottom