• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Artanisix

i pray every day for a single target enhancement buff

my aoe is the shizzit but it feels bad being one of the higher ilvls yet near the bottom of butcher clears

erawsd

i pray every day for a single target enhancement buff

my aoe is the shizzit but it feels bad being one of the higher ilvls yet near the bottom of butcher clears

I doubt we'll see anymore buffs since HM is AE friendly and we're performing great on many encounters. I do expect a huge AE nerf going into BFR. Hopefully, they compensate that with single target/cleave buffs but it'll probably take lots of forum/twitter spam before they even consider it.

Laziness, I guess. Or misunderstanding. It's odd, since the recipe is pretty easy. Small Eggs get expensive, but still only 1/3 the price of the complete cookies. You can make 20G per stack of five just for putting the recipe together.

Actually, looking back at it, it's probably more like 30G+ per stack if you get a good price on the eggs.

Oh, and reselling the recipes is even more hilarious. You can buy them straight from the vendor 20 paces away for pennies, but people will buy them on the AH for 1G+.

cdyhybrid

Blown 7 coins in Normal Highmaul so far and still haven't gotten a single piece of loot. Fucking awesome game, Blizz.

Stuck at 637 and every PUG wants 640+.

Actually, looking back at it, it's probably more like 30G+ per stack if you get a good price on the eggs.

Oh, and reselling the recipes is even more hilarious. You can buy them straight from the vendor 20 paces away for pennies, but people will buy them on the AH for 1G+.

where is this vendor on the alliance side?

Tarazet

My main is a Leatherworker. As soon as I got my Level 3 barn going nonstop, I realized that I wouldn't need Skinning anymore and decided to try leveling up Inscription. Zero cooldown research? Have I died and gone to heaven? My tauren priest has been working overtime picking herbs for me since then. :3

My main is a Leatherworker. As soon as I got my Level 3 barn going nonstop, I realized that I wouldn't need Skinning anymore and decided to try leveling up Inscription. Zero cooldown research? Have I died and gone to heaven? My tauren priest has been working overtime picking herbs for me since then. :3

Yea so far I'm super glad I went into the expansion with a maxed scribe. Buying cheap herbs, turning herbs into ink, ink into glyphs and selling glyphs is a pretty awesome way to just make a passive stream of money as long as I can camp the AH. And with a good TSM setup and CKS most of the process is automated. Make a couple thousand a day with just a couple actual mouseclicks and WoW running in the background. Would be quite a bit more if there weren't several bots on the AH on my server.

Plus, DMC Trinkets and the upgrade tokens for those seem to be the most valuable and sought after, which just adds to the value. I would be rolling in money myself if I didn't have to upgrade 3 different trinkets.

Meanwhile it doesn't seem like any other profession can do anything on the AH if they don't have CD mats. There is a shuffle with BS and Enchanting with how cheap ore is but even at dirt cheap ore prices the margin on that seems so low that it's barely worth the time investment.

M.D

Hmm, any tips regarding on what followers I should focus on sending to mission? should I worry about this stuff before I get to 100?

Apt101

Ran LFR with a guild mate to pass the time while also binging on Key and Peele. Our tanks both had about 205k HP. So, that was an adventure for the healers. I am thinking about replacing my bunker now that I have the cosmetics I want. Not even sure with what though. Losing steam quickly.

Just tamed Skoll. Blue Lightning Wolf GET! Another one off the checklist. Though I'd be down to pretty much just Loque and Arcturis if I hadn't accidentally killed a couple of others ;_;

M.D

You should try and send the followers that will give the best success chance for that mission.

I always go for 100% ;p
What happens if the missions fails?

Another question - I got the blueprint for the Salvage Yard that was recommended to me when I ask a while ago

I can buy level 2 from that lady in Stormshield with a quest reward from earlier

Peachpies

I always go for 100% ;p
What happens if the missions fails?

Another question - I got the blueprint for the Salvage Yard that was recommended to me when I ask a while ago

I can buy level 2 from that lady in Stormshield with a quest reward from earlier
if the mission fails your followers get the base exp from the mission but you do not get the bonus reward

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Reckful got permabanned from WoW and is so salty about it. It's pretty good WoW gameplay: http://twitch.tv/reckful

It's about time. Dude has been playing on viewer accounts and having viewers level his characters for him for ages, not to mention how much he flaunted tmog which is also supposedly ban worthy. I had quite a few friends perma'd in TBC for account sharing; Blizzard doesn't play around there.

Kraftwerk

I use tmorph, blizzard really doesnt give a shit about it unless you use it to have an advantage when it comes to farming and whatnot.

But yeah, account sharing on a stream is pretty stupid.

It's about time. Dude has been playing on viewer accounts and having viewers level his characters for him for ages, not to mention how much he flaunted tmog which is also supposedly ban worthy. I had quite a few friends perma'd in TBC for account sharing; Blizzard doesn't play around there.

He's also been permabanned before for RBG win-trading. The amount that the top pvp guys got away with was bordering on ridiculous, Mitchjones straight up saying the only way he'd level a new character was via Honorbuddy. Hopefully they don't get away with account sharing anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's also been permabanned before for RBG win-trading. The amount that the top pvp guys got away with was bordering on ridiculous, Mitchjones straight up saying the only way he'd level a new character was via Honorbuddy. Hopefully they don't get away with account sharing anymore.

You would be amazed at the amount of stuff streamers/youtubers think they can get away with. And sadly, Blizzard lets get away with because more eyes = more $$$

He def didn't deserve a perma. He'll be unbanned.

I think the only argument against perma is that they let this stuff fly for so long. But Reck's personally admitted to:

• Selling glad titles all throughout Wrath/Cata
  • Having viewers level his accounts
  • Constantly sharing accounts
  • Using Tmorph
All of those are against the TOS, and 3 of them are totally perm-worthy. It'll be interesting to see how blizzard proceeds though, they took out the 2nd most popular wow streamer behind Sodapoppin, was this just a warning shot across the bow to the account sharers, or was it truly a one-off where only Reckful got reported.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I was still in the scene when Reck rose up.. we all sold titles in s2,3,4.. was pretty normal. Hafu was one of my selling partners. As for sharing accounts, again, it casually happens all the time. Tmorph is dumb, but plenty of people do that shit and stream.

I'm not saying dude is sinless in the eyes of a wow god, but he totally deserves a bit of a break instead of a smack down perma. A 72 hour ban and final warning would have been enough.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I was still in the scene when Reck rose up.. we all sold titles in s2,3,4.. was pretty normal. Hafu was one of my selling partners. As for sharing accounts, again, it casually happens all the time. Tmorph is dumb, but plenty of people do that shit and stream.

I'm not saying dude is sinless in the eyes of a wow god, but he totally deserves a bit of a break instead of a smack down perma. A 72 hour ban and final warning would have been enough.

Normal behavior or not it's against the ToS and people have been perma'd over it before. A shit ton of my buddies in TBC were perma-banned for a variety of different things with no warning (each one for something different usually): account sharing, selling titles, win trading, etc... Just because a few slip through the cracks (let's be honest, probably most), doesn't mean it's ok. People have been perma'd for much much less.

Reckful is the perfect person to make an example of because of his huge following and how he constantly broke the ToS on stream and didn't care--he even laughed about how he'd never get banned because blizzard has said twitch vods aren't considered as evidence for bans. Dumbass didn't realize they can tell when IP's from Europe, China, and all over acess your account, it's a red flag. Like I said pretty much all of my TBC friends had their accounts banned for casually account sharing across west/east coast, Canada/US. Most people who shared, but lived nearby or in the same region were safe though.

Like it or not, the way blizzard usually handles ToS violations and bans in general is through ban waves and scare tactics. Most people don't get banned, but when the perma's are very public and in waves it deters future offenders. He knew the risks when he pulled all of his shit.

Also, blizzardCS responded to his whining saying that his account was warned multiple times in the past. He probably just didn't bother to check his email or what not, and haven't people said he's been banned in the past? Second or third timers with a warning are almost always perma-banned regardless of the offense.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I've never heard of him before today. Not so special.

I don't really know what to say to that other than you're probably a more casual player that doesn't keep up with pvp/pve scenes as a whole. Doesn't mean he's not someone who Blizzard is appreciative of. They have ingame references to him..

I'm an expert

'he's internet famous, he streams WoW' is never a persuasive argument for letting a persistent rulebreaker skate.

He's a well known player way before streaming, was part of our bg9 crew and eventually the tourney scene. He pretty much grew up with the game. Anyway, his punishment his harsh, that's about it.

He's a well known player way before streaming, was part of our bg9 crew and eventually the tourney scene. He pretty much grew up with the game. Anyway, his punishment his harsh, that's about it.

Who gives a shit. You break the rules, you get punished. Them's the breaks. No one cares what kind of e-cred you have.

I'm an expert

Who gives a shit. You break the rules, you get punished. Them's the breaks. No one cares what kind of e-cred you have.

That's nice to say, just doesn't work like that. He'll make a call on Monday to one of his developer friends and he'll be unbanned. He was just trying to see if he could snag a CS rep to do it today.

Kraftwerk

That's nice to say, just doesn't work like that. He'll make a call on Monday to one of his developer friends and he'll be unbanned. He was just trying to see if he could snag a CS rep to do it today.

Eh, dont see him getting unbanned this time.

I mean, I like the guy, and he is very funny, but has anyone been unbanned before for something like this?

Swifty doesn't count, since a ton of people were banned in that event, and a majority got unbanned.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I mean, I like the guy, and he is very funny, but has anyone been unbanned before for something like this?

Swifty doesn't count, since a ton of people were banned in that event, and a majority got unbanned.

Depends on if Blizz is feeling kind that day or not I suppose. They could very well just mean it to be a shot over the bow towards the people breaking the rules and unban him or they might be making an example of him.

Yeah at this point they'd have to do some major backtracking, and throw their CS rep under the bus. They publicly denied him on their Twitter, and I haven't seen any contrition from him. Toweliee made a post on the wow sub-reddit saying he thinks Reck's fortunate Twitch didn't shutdown his stream considering how easily Twitch folds when a company leans on them.

Kraftwerk

At the end of the day, this is just more publicity for Reckful. Hell, his stream is offline atm and you still have hundreds or even thousands of people right now talking on his chat. I feel bad for him, but he is def in the wrong here.

$60 is nothing to him. He can just get anaccount and boost to 90, lvl up and do what he does best.

I understand that his account was old, but I don't think he ever did high end PVE, so dont think he has lost any unobtainable mounts and items from the past. Only PVP ones I think, going back to Wotlk. Which still sucks. Besides, he doesn't need any of that shit to prove how good he was, and still is.

Top Bottom