• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Well today was pretty good. Got Ankha AND Gondria within 10 minutes of each other. After having previously killed Gondria. If I hadn't accidentally killed Ban'Thalos I'd be pretty much done with Mount Hyjal.

Only really difficult/rare ones left are Loque and Arcturis. Both of those may take awhile for various reasons.

Rokam

Do the bosses in WoD have loot roll protection (increased chance on bonus roll to get gear the longer you go w/o getting gear) like MoP got towards the end of the expansion?

Taming Terrorpene on my server seems like an impossible task :(

Always at least 3 horde and alliance hunters camping him. Damn you full realms!

I was lucky and got him too a couple weeks back. Cool pet, unfortunately turtles don't have much utility.

My main trick is just checking at oddball times early in the morning.

ampere

Do the bosses in WoD have loot roll protection (increased chance on bonus roll to get gear the longer you go w/o getting gear) like MoP got towards the end of the expansion?

Yes bad luck protection still exists, but we have no details on how exactly it works.

The other druid was a feral that joined halfway through and didn't decurse once.

Eh, if I was a feral in there, I'd either respec to the cat form casting talent (claws of whatsitface) or never decurse anyone but myself.

You expect cats to turn human to decurse anyone but themselves in lfr? Pfffffffft.

We're progressing on Heroic Brackenspore now, but we keep getting overwhelmed by the moss around 30%. I'm one of the two hunters in charge of using the flamethrowers, usually I look at where the next mushroom has spawned then clear as much as possible in that area, if I'm ever on 0% heat I'll try to clear other areas as well. Is there anything I'm doing wrong here that's causing the moss to grow faster than I can get rid of it?

Moss is the enrage timer. If you're hitting that 8 minute mark there's not much you can do on your part, other thean try to dps more and burn moss less.

On a serious lack of true steel ingots., shouldn't have crafted and sold so much armor, don't have enough now to upgrade the weapons, thought I'd have a heroic or even normal weapon by now for sure. Wonder if they'll ever remove the BoP req on mats, the armor/weapons are going to be useless when foundry hits anyway.

Noooo stahp, garrison work, i have other games to play..

I've just straight up ignored WoW for the most part this week (since we were off required raiding, though I might try and find something early tomorrow). All the management of garrisons and daily CDs was getting to be too much and not worrying about it was kind of liberating. Have had some time to enjoy Steam Sale purchases including XCOM: EW and Endless Legend, both of which are pretty great.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Glad I was able to do MC while it was still up. Bunch of fun, just like the old days!

I did MC 3 times with my friends. The "oh wow just like 9 years ago when we were in high school!" novelty wore off after the 7th wipe on trash on the first run.

I don't think any of us had fun once.

Except for the time my friend did 87k HPS on shazz, he was having a great time laughing. But I think it was because all the other healers were horrid.

Chris R

I did MC 3 times with my friends. The "oh wow just like 9 years ago when we were in high school!" novelty wore off after the 7th wipe on trash on the first run.

I don't think any of us had fun once.

Except for the time my friend did 87k HPS on shazz, he was having a great time laughing. But I think it was because all the other healers were horrid.

Total pug group. We only wiped twice, once when we pulled a hound with Shazzrah and people weren't decursing (I tried my best on my ele shaman, but single target with 8sec cd doesn't work for 40 people) and the other time when we didn't banish some trash and again got a hound.

2 hours total, start to finish. Almost as smooth as the guild I was in used to run it when we were at our peak.

I might run it again on my heal spec to get some practice healing in raids rather than just instances.

Guesong

So, my guild still can't down Mar'Guk and I heal more as a ilvl 637 Monk than a 655 Resto Druid apparantly.

Well, my sub runs out in 15 days, I guess...

JSoup

Banned
Oh the joys of being a decursing class in Molten Core.

The other druid was a feral that joined halfway through and didn't decurse once.

Whoever came up with the idea of bringing 40 man MC back when decurse is on an 8 second cool down deserves a swift kick in the nuts.

Earlier in the run we had 21 hunters before a couple left, useless bastards.

Prime reason that my fat mage ass doesn't even try.
"Decurse, mage!"
"There are 39 of you, I have an 8 second cooldown and the fucking debuff is renewed every other-"
"DECURSE, MAGE!"
"Ok, you know what, the healers can get the lead out, I'm done with this."

Tarazet

Eh, if I was a feral in there, I'd either respec to the cat form casting talent (claws of whatsitface) or never decurse anyone but myself.

You expect cats to turn human to decurse anyone but themselves in lfr? Pfffffffft.

I keep trying to tell people, Claws of Shirvallah is awesome for when you have to decurse, use Soothe (UBRS), root/cyclone adds. I don't PvP, but it's got to be THE T7 talent of choice for Feral PvP.

Khezu

Trying the 10 day WoD trial.

paid almost no attention to any of the changes, going in almost blind.

First thing I noticed is they completely ruined UD male casting animations, my biggest fear come true.
At least it's a toggle.

Belf models don't seem to be in yet, like all my characters are female belfs, oh well.
Oh god I hope they don't fuck up the tiny weapons.

Renekton

I keep trying to tell people, Claws of Shirvallah is awesome for when you have to decurse, use Soothe (UBRS), root/cyclone adds. I don't PvP, but it's got to be THE T7 talent of choice for Feral PvP.
Since this is raiding, they probably min-max DPS with bloodtalons.

So, I finally hit 100. Anyone wanna list out some things I can do? Besides just running dungeons. what are dailies for cool loots?

what do people recommend as buildings for the garrison?

M.D

Made it to 100 yesterday!

I want to switch to feral, does anyone have good video guides for feral? I found most of them are for pvp or were for MoP
Will people get upset if I play balance and take feral gear in a dungeon? been a while since I did one and I need to gear my feral

Any tips for what to do now that I'm 100? should I upgrade my garrison's town hall to level 3?

Renekton

So, I finally hit 100. Anyone wanna list out some things I can do? Besides just running dungeons. what are dailies for cool loots?

what do people recommend as buildings for the garrison?
Stuff to do:
1. Download Handy Notes mod
2. Do apexis dailies (but reserve exactly 4986 crystals for #3)
3. Start the epic ring quest chain
4. Queue for normal dungeons, then switch to heroic once you reach ilvl 610 (Do some Nagrand quests if iLvl if not enough for normal dungeons)
5. Queue for Ashran and BGs if above are done or pending
6. Once ilvl 615, just queue LFR every week to get purplez

Buildings:
a. Lumber Mill: resources very important early on
b. War Mill: extra rewards
c. Enchanting: DE your loots
d. Salvage Yard: occasional good loot
e. Building for profession you don't have: e.g. I am druid alch/herb so I make barn+tannery to supplement some LW armor
f. Town hall lvl 3 will allow you to have more buildings

Misc:
- Go to icyveins and select your class to see where you can find your gear
- Right-click on your portrait to set your Loot Specialization. This will determine what type of loot (e.g. feral, disc, protection) will drop from bosses and rewards.

I want to switch to feral, does anyone have good video guides for feral? I found most of them are for pvp or were for MoP
Will people get upset if I play balance and take feral gear in a dungeon? been a while since I did one and I need to gear my feral

Any tips for what to do now that I'm 100? should I upgrade my garrison's town hall to level 3?

They share gear now outside of weapons/rings/necks/capes/trinkets so people won't notice besides those.

cdyhybrid

1) For Feral guides check the MMO-Champion Druid forum, that's probably where you'll find the most up-to-date one. If that doesn't have anything (but it should), check Icy Veins.

2) You can set your loot spec to Feral but keep playing Balance. This way any drops you get will be for Feral.

3) Start gearing up (see the post just above) and yes, you should upgrade your garrison. Easy way to do it is to collect all the treasures and kill all the rare spawns in Draenor (using the Handynotes addon, again see the post just above).

That personal loot system is just horrible. Killed about 25 bosses in raids, got 1 item. But I got 5 epics from garrison missions, so its more rewarding to play WoW as a Facebook-game instead of doing content...

Is there a good dps guide for balance druids? Read the one from Icy Veins, but my dps is pretty low compared to other players

M.D

Stuff to do:
1. Download Handy Notes mod
2. Do apexis dailies (but reserve exactly 4986 crystals for #3)
3. Start the epic ring quest chain
4. Queue for normal dungeons, then switch to heroic once you reach ilvl 610 (Do some Nagrand quests if iLvl if not enough for normal dungeons)
5. Queue for Ashran and BGs if above are done or pending
6. Once ilvl 615, just queue LFR every week to get purplez

Buildings:
a. Lumber Mill: resources very important early on
b. War Mill: extra rewards
c. Enchanting: DE your loots
d. Salvage Yard: occasional good loot
e. Building for profession you don't have: e.g. I am druid alch/herb so I make barn+tannery to supplement some LW armor
f. Town hall lvl 3 will allow you to have more buildings

Misc:
- Go to icyveins and select your class to see where you can find your gear
- Right-click on your portrait to set your Loot Specialization. This will determine what type of loot (e.g. feral, disc, protection) will drop from bosses and rewards.

They share gear now outside of weapons/rings/necks/capes/trinkets so people won't notice besides those.

1) For Feral guides check the MMO-Champion Druid forum, that's probably where you'll find the most up-to-date one. If that doesn't have anything (but it should), check Icy Veins.

2) You can set your loot spec to Feral but keep playing Balance. This way any drops you get will be for Feral.

3) Start gearing up (see the post just above) and yes, you should upgrade your garrison. Easy way to do it is to collect all the treasures and kill all the rare spawns in Draenor (using the Handynotes addon, again see the post just above).

Thanks!

I'll upgrade the garrison and hope I like feral, because there's a chance I will switch my main to hunter if I don't like the spec

That personal loot system is just horrible. Killed about 25 bosses in raids, got 1 item. But I got 5 epics from garrison missions, so its more rewarding to play WoW as a Facebook-game instead of doing content...

I've run maybe 15 normal dungeons and a handful of heroics while levelling and gearing the four characters I've been working on so far. I've had three pieces of loot from those runs, and one of those was from that brief window when they returned to the old system. That's not three upgrades, that's three pieces total.

I like not having your shit ninja'd by idiots, but going this long without seeing anything drop is demoralising. You're essentially running dungeons for gold.

Of, and Seals of Tempered Fate are a joke, I swear they're even more useless than before while being much more expensive to obtain.

I've run maybe 15 normal dungeons and a handful of heroics while levelling and gearing the four characters I've been working on so far. I've had three pieces of loot from those runs, and one of those was from that brief window when they returned to the old system. That's not three upgrades, that's three pieces total.

I like not having your shit ninja'd by idiots, but going this long without seeing anything drop is demoralising. You're essentially running dungeons for gold.
Usally there was some sort of emblems you get through finishing heroic dungeons or killing raidbosses, so you know you get your equip over time even when the dropsrate are against you. But now its just hoping for RNG, no alternative...

Ensirius

Hello WoWgaf

I recently got an email from blizzard telling me I got 10 days to try out WOD. I fired up my druid and got started. Something very important to note: you will not level up past 90. I was doing quests when I noticed the bar did not budge. I quickly realized what my limitations with the trial entailed.

As for the new expansion. I have to say they have done a great job. The addition of the garrison is great. It adds a fantastic dynamic to the level up process. I am seeing very low number of people as compared to Wotlk or even MoP.

I am also seeing ALOT of rates roaming around, which are surprisingly easy to kill and give you nice equipment. Aside from leveling my professions I am having fun killing those rare creatures which are conveniently spotted on your minimal.

Seeing I cannot level any further I will stop questing. I will up my 84 fire mage which is really fun to use.

As for resubbing when my trial period is over : I am not really sure what will happen. The times when I was able to play for hours on end are over, and my priorities have changed, but the game looks as fun as ever, and you can never say never with WoW.

Apologies for my ramble. Please carry on.

Hello WoWgaf

I recently got an email from blizzard telling me I got 10 days to try out WOD.

Why didn't I get one of these? This is probably exactly what I need to get myself to get over the hump and start playing again. I want to, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger.

Mordeccai

As I'm progressing further in heroic HM, I've noticed that I overheal quite a bit on my druid and it's holding me back from reaching 30k+ HPS. Skada doesnt seem to break down the overhealing into % by spell. Any healers have some basic advice on how to prevent druid overheals?

What's the oldest thing that isn't in the game anymore that you still remember?

It's still weird playing my hunter and not needing to buy arrows. Or use mana. Even hunters mark.

Or when I had to grind fadeleaf back on my rogue

I kinda miss those days

Entropia

No One Remembers

Shaman had 4 totems in their bags each representing the elements that were needed to use the totems of that element.

Incredibly long and tedious quests to get said totems.

Leveling up weapon skills.

The +Defense stat to prevent crushing blows.

Sentry Totem :(

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Leveling up weapon skills definitely. even worse was getting that awesome new gun with no gun skill, so sitting on a l40 mob to slowly level it up.

Also ammo. And soul shards. Fuck soul shards.

Also non-auto FPs. Wanna go from STV to UC? Hahahahahahaha

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
It's probably still in the game but when you got your whirlwind axe on war at like level 30.. it was like oh, this is when war begins. Class quests like that or the shaman ones just mentioned or lock/pally mounts or hunter's epic bow/Benediction.. those were fun in vanilla.

Randy

Leveling up weapon skills definitely. even worse was getting that awesome new gun with no gun skill, so sitting on a l40 mob to slowly level it up.

Also ammo. And soul shards. Fuck soul shards.

Also non-auto FPs. Wanna go from STV to UC? Hahahahahahaha

I totally forgot about soul shards. And the beloved Dreadsteed quest chain.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
okay, what's the oldest WORST thing you remember?

The state of mages when pvp was introduced and how only the ToEP made us viable and then eventually ZG's trink. And then they gave locks mortal coil.

TheYanger

It's still weird playing my hunter and not needing to buy arrows. Or use mana. Even hunters mark.

Or when I had to grind fadeleaf back on my rogue

I kinda miss those days
If we want to count prerelease, the original skill point system when you levelled and got skill points to distribute into tradeskills and shit.

Oldest post-release thing that isnt' there anymore....Man there's a bunch, I don't even know what is the oldest at this point.

I remember barely having any quests 55-60 and having to grind my last 2-3 levels on ogres in Deadwind Pass.

I remember when the epic dagger from Rend Blackhand was Deathstriker instead of Felstriker (Still have it on my rogue)

Not as old since it was post-BG patch, but I remember everyone standing around outside the WSG portal when that first launched, running and jumping over the ballistas while you waited 30-40 minutes per match.

I remember when half of the T2 gear dropped in MC before they redid the itemization, the stats on everything were trash, a lot of the T1 was better, but I had some Bloodfang shit way before BWL was open so that was fun.

I remember my orc Rogue lockpicking quest at level 10 where you sneak onto the pirate ships near Ratchet and had to pick a chest and it let out a HUGE parrot named Polly that you had to do something to to shrink.

The lag and skateboarding around at launch :(

I'm an expert

inv_misc_food_54.jpg

Never forget.

DK Raise Dead being a ghetto battle rez that would only last a limited time and turned the person into a ghoul with an entirely new set of (pet-like) abilities.

(Removed very early into Wrath - only a couple months in) - Unholy talent point to turn into a ghoul for 30 seconds or so after being killed for the first time, same/similar ability set as the ghoul rez.

Relic slot.

Faint, faint memories. Those are just ones that stand out to me as a DK main. There's plenty of other general game or class-specific ones. Hunter mana, ammo/arrows, melee special abilities (RIP Raptor Strike), etc.

Loot Lag. Tuesday Maintenance that would last till ~8 PM EST or worse.

Top Bottom