• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Some of my oldest WoW memories are the old Pally talent trees. Blessing of Kings being the last talent in Ret, Consecration being in every talent tree at one point, Holy Shock with a 30 second cooldown, etc.

Tarazet

Any feral druid mind telling me if I got the basic rotation for single target right?

Start with prowl if possible
Spam Shred in between to generate combo points

Rake (refresh) - Savage Roar 5CP (refresh) - Rip (refresh) - Ferocious Bite 5CP if target is at 25% hp or less or if the other spells are applied

Is that the basic rotation? Any more to it?
I'm still reading up about other skills/trinkets and stuff, but this is what I understand from reading mmo-champion and other places

I'm still not sure how much I should try to apply Rake or just spam Thrash on fights with adds

I like feral so far, although the downtime between using your skills when you try to generate combo points and your constantly out of energy can be a bit annoying..
wish you could have the Claws of Shirvallah looks without actually skilling it :/

Feral has some crazy downtime. You've got the basic gist of it, but I should also mention what you have to do when you take the Incarnation and Bloodtalons talents (and you should).

- Stack Berserk, Tiger's Fury, any on-use trinket, and Incarnation. One-button macro is fine.
- When your crazy cooldowns are active, apply Rake, spam Shred, use CP's on Rip and Ferocious Bite - don't worry about Savage Roar since it is automatically reapplied during Incarnation, every time you Rake/Shred.
- After using your first 5-combo point finisher, get to 5 combo points again, use your instant Healing Touch, then use your Bloodtalons charges on your next finisher and a Rake (or Thrash in AoE). Repeat. Sometimes you'll be waiting and pooling energy - just wait it out. Combo points don't decay in combat, but Predatory Swiftness procs expire pretty quickly.

AoE - our AoE blows, sorry. Best thing you can do is use Bloodtalons charges on Thrash and Rake multidotting. Don't spam Swipe/Thrash.

CassSept

I remember my orc Rogue lockpicking quest at level 10 where you sneak onto the pirate ships near Ratchet and had to pick a chest and it let out a HUGE parrot named Polly that you had to do something to to shrink.

I remember doing the chain for poisons and if you screwed something up you'd get a debuff that lowered your skills, rendered stealth useless and lasted several days. I remember that there was some way to get rid of it if you checked thottbot, but seriously, even getting out of the mobs was hell. I think it was a curse and I actually found a mage and paid him to get rid of it, not that sure about it.

Runner up was trying to gear a Combat Rogue in Burning Crusade, pre-ZA. The desired option was swords because of how talents were designed, and there were like...3 swords you could 'reasonably' get before SSC. One from an abominable rep grind (heroic shattered halls and nothing else), one off Netherspite and one off Doom Lord Kazzak the Auction House. Being Combat Daggers until WotLK made me extremely bitter.

Ummm, didn't everyone just do arenas anyway? I hated them but the first sword that was better than PVP ones dropped from Mother Shahraz?

Never forget.

Mind you I did this before I had knowledge in quest addons and knowing about Wowhead or Thottbott.

Reward:
LoS2ZhO.png

My first character was a shaman and that was the first thing that came to my mind. That place in the barrens so far away from everything else too, I remember it being a solitary house on a cliff or something. Idiotic, but quite memorable.

inv_misc_food_54.jpg

Never forget.

I started playing in TBC so I used Riding Crop (and Skybreaker Whip later on), but damn, so many times I realized halfway through raid I was wearing it.

TheYanger

Yep, just did arena on the rogue for some weapons before I had talons of azshara. The difference between swords and everything else wasn't great enough to care anyway, for instance at the start of the Xpac the crafted Maces were the better weapons.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
TBC had the best blacksmithing weapons ever. Long live Stunherald, lord of the realm.

Some of my oldest WoW memories are the old Pally talent trees. Blessing of Kings being the last talent in Ret, Consecration being in every talent tree at one point, Holy Shock with a 30 second cooldown, etc.

For me earliest WoW memories are also Pally related, I played in the EU beta at the end of 2004, and can remember doing the Test of Righteousness quest, and being really overwhelmed by how far I had travel to get all the requirements. No mount at that level back then, fewer flightwaypoints and graveyards, and I was on a PvP server to boot, getting killed left and right by high level Horde players... was all great fun though!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Bring back mace, sword and dagger spec amirite?!

Bring back the old, proper Windfury Totem!

Bring back Totem Twisting!

Bring back Stance Dancing!

Bring back Blessing of Salvation!

Bring back Blessing of Sanctuary!

Bring back reduced threat to cloak enchants!

Bring back PvE Resists!

Bring back raiding reagents!

Bring back Hunter mana!

Bring back Pet Happiness!

Bring back attunements!

Bring back resist checks!

Bring back armory pose editing!

Bring back Illidan!

Bring back Sunwell!

Bring back Naxxramas!

Bring back non-connected Flight Paths!

Bring back tubers!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
They should definitely bring back weapon specs. And stance dancing. And basically revert warrior to how it used to be because it's garbage now. Having to waste talents on whether I want intercept or a stun on my charge.. it's just fuckin ridiculous.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Bring back crafted ammo for hunters!

Bring back Soul Shard farming!

Bring back ranged slots for non-hunters!

Bring back relics that aren't just stat slots!

Mupod

Hired one last scavenger and then deleted my tavern in favor of a Barn. If I start getting resource missions again then I can definitely say that the level 3 tavern is bugged, but we'll see.

Back in Vanilla, before I got into truly hardcore raiding, several friends of mine played in the top guild on our server at the time in BWL, one of which was a hunter.

We used the same kind of bidding system and I annoyed a warrior or two myself since I was That Fucking Druid who wanted feral gear. They knew my antics and it was more of an 'oh, you' thing when I won stuff like tanking rings and Herald of Woe. By the time of AQ40 nobody batted an eye when I dropped a bunch of DKP on the high-armor leather gloves twin emperors dropped.

We moved to this weird loot council system in BC which did work but annoyed me a lot since I shared gear with priests and warriors. Guild leader was a priest, and the raid leader/main tank was a warrior - I was the other main tank but I got shafted to the point where I was undergeared in TK.

Apt101

Bring back Seal Twisting!

One sort of can seal twist with the new level 100 paladin trait or whatever it is. I was doing it (+15% AP and +a bunch of haste for 20 seconds) until I realized the trait that converts the big three-holy power move into full holy damage was a massive DPS uprgrade (and helped in PvP as well).

Bring back PvE Resists!

Bring back Hunter mana!

Bring back attunements!

Bring back Illidan!

Bring back Sunwell!

Bring back Naxxramas!

Bring back tubers!

u forgot mace stun + the unstoppable force, the most important.

I really need to find a good guild, this game is definitely not designed around just solo queueing for pubs. The personal loot drop rate assumes you're progressing as a raid group, not an individual who hops group to group.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Started PVPing a little late. All my characters are 150 conquest short of the 7250 requirement to get a weapon this week :( Next week shall be glorious though.

Draxal

One sort of can seal twist with the new level 100 paladin trait or whatever it is. I was doing it (+15% AP and +a bunch of haste for 20 seconds) until I realized the trait that converts the big three-holy power move into full holy damage was a massive DPS uprgrade (and helped in PvP as well).

That was the joke.

u forgot mace stun + the unstoppable force, the most important.

I really need to find a good guild, this game is definitely not designed around just solo queueing for pubs. The personal loot drop rate assumes you're progressing as a raid group, not an individual who hops group to group.

I thought it was implied when he said mace spec.

lazygecko

Started PVPing a little late. All my characters are 150 conquest short of the 7250 requirement to get a weapon this week :( Next week shall be glorious though.

Get in an event farming group in Ashran and just watch the conquest and honor trickle in. It'll keep going past the 200 Ashran bonus until you're capped for the week.

Mupod

Same, I'm 60 conquest short. I got over 1550 rating last week but the guy I was playing with went to bed after he hit his cap, and afterwards I couldn't get any good matches in.

So annoying since I want to start raiding as feral but I have no weapon for it. I'm only playing Balance because my guild had no casters and therefore couldn't kill Kor'agh until one of our mages and mysef hit 100. But now we've got a shortage of melee, somehow.

Bring back PvE Resists!

Bring back Hunter mana!

Bring back attunements!

Bring back Illidan!

Bring back Sunwell!

Bring back Naxxramas!

Bring back tubers!

You forgot Soul Shard farming.

I'm an expert

It's mad how expensive like 22 slot bags are when you can just solo old raids for free. Onyxia gives you a 22 slot in like 5 minutes!

Hm? 22 slot bags (embersilk) are 300 on my server, basically free. And Onyxia is one bag. Great. Now you need 3 more.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hm? 22 slot bags (embersilk) are 300 on my server, basically free. And Onyxia is one bag. Great. Now you need 3 more.

You can get a free 24 slots bag from a Kunlai Summit and a ZA quest and a 22 bag from 10 man Sarth.

There's your four free 22-24 slots bags.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Get in an event farming group in Ashran and just watch the conquest and honor trickle in. It'll keep going past the 200 Ashran bonus until you're capped for the week.

Getting the conquest isn't hard. I can cap all 3 characters each week in a day or two doing what you mentioned. The weapon requires 7250 earned for the season, and I will fall just short of that when I cap this week. So close but nothing I can do but wait until next week.

idlewild_

I certainly feel like theres a grind.

I have two level 100's and a level 98, they all have to do their mine, herb garden, two of them need to get savage blood beasts for the barn, and all 11 characters need do their primary and secondary profession cooldowns, then process their work orders for their buildings.

This takes around 2-3 hours, depending on how much difficulty I encounter with trapping beasts (lack of mobs, people stealing mobs, etc). Not to mention the inventory micro management of sending herbs and ore in the proper amounts to people. The weekly grind of milling herbs to send to 5 inscription alts. Sending followers out on missions. You can state the obvious, that I don't NEED to do all that, but honestly if I skipped stuff, I would feel as though I missed out and if I'm not attempting to do something 100%, theres no point to doing it in my mind...I guess I'm just realizing now that without raiding the end-game doesn't really exist in WoD.

Nothing you can do if you feel compelled to do this stuff, but this sounds like a huge waste of time. Ore/Herbs are so cheap now you can make more money doing other stuff instead of going to the mine/garden. e.g. you can run MC and ICC in less than an hour and make enough gold to buy more ore/herbs than you would have gotten from the garrison in the entire week plus have chances at mounts/legendary weapons.

I do professions + garrison stuff on 6 characters everyday, takes maybe 15-20 min to do everything in the morning and another 15-20 min periodically throughout the day to check missions.

But yeah, without raiding/pvp I'm not sure how much content there is end-game. Luckily it's been pretty easy to pug groups for highmaul so far, so I'm not complaining about that (yet.)

When does the opportunity go away to get the corehound mount?

Don't you have to run molten core? And isn't it level 100 minimum?

I'm still just 95 lol

When does the opportunity go away to get the corehound mount?

Don't you have to run molten core? And isn't it level 100 minimum?

I'm still just 95 lol

Good luck. You have til Monday night. You are either going to have one hell of a grind a head of you, or have some somewhat deep pockets, or a generous guild/friends to get 615 that quick.

Compared to MoP, outside the leveling experience itself, it feels like there's minimal motivation to get extra alts to 100 if you don't intend on actually playing/raiding on them.

Like, there's nothing to actually DO with them at 100. The garrison level 3 doesn't add much and just makes it more cumbersome to manage if you're taking complete advantage of it. The other thing is there's no rep/level locked profession recipes - everything is just gated by daily CDs, which as discussed previously is kind of terrible.

I suppose getting them all to 100 makes soloing raids easier, but I'm trying to tone that down for awhile, not crank it up.

But yeah, I've got half a dozen alts at 92 or so and no reason to really play them when I could be doing more productive things with my time.

Ever since this morning my chat window is getting spammed to shit...

Code:
[16:27:49] No player named 'Kastiella' is currently playing.
[16:27:49] No player named 'Tuggspeedman' is currently playing.
[16:27:49] No player named 'Herette' is currently playing.
[16:27:52] No player named 'Kalsang' is currently playing.
[16:27:52] No player named 'Kastiella' is currently playing.
[16:27:52] No player named 'Tuggspeedman' is currently playing.
[16:27:52] No player named 'Herette' is currently playing.
[16:27:52] No player named 'Nagura' is currently playing.

Anybody else getting that?

cdyhybrid

Ever since this morning my chat window is getting spammed to shit...

Code:

Anybody else getting that?

Not I. Did one of your addons break?

Ultratech

You can get a free 24 slots bag from a Kunlai Summit and a ZA quest and a 22 bag from 10 man Sarth.

There's your four free 22-24 slots bags.

Additionally...

There's a 20-slot bag you can loot from Magtheridon. Pretty damn easy to beat nowadays.

Another 20-slot (or 22-slot if you luck out) from Bronjahm in Forge of Souls.
Pretty easy, and you're bound to get one or the other after a few runs.

There's also a 24-slot bag you can get from grinding Northern Barrens mobs.
Drop Rate's kinda iffy, but at 100 (or a well-geared 90), they go down pretty quickly.
Plus there's other rare items that drop from those guys, so it's not a total waste of time.

ZenaxPure

The other thing is there's no rep/level locked profession recipes - everything is just gated by daily CDs, which as discussed previously is kind of terrible.

I'd say in addition to that professions just being less useful doesn't help really. With the removal/toning down of item enhancements you don't really gain much from having alt professions. I got my JC to max a few weeks ago and.... I haven't seen a single piece of gear get a socket since then so I've never actually used her for anything.

I dunno, I don't really care I guess but there was something satisfying about having every profession at max and only using my own characters to cover all my needs. I mean technically I still am I guess, but, it's not the same obviously.

Top Bottom