• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Some guilds genuinely do not care, but others essentially expect perfect play in exchange for inviting you to a chance for good loot. I know, it'd be nice if people weren't so impatient in general and were a bit more friendly, but the main commodity of the game is time. The shortest time possible is most valuable. Even in a pug heroic I'll kick anyone who lags behind, doesn't run back after a wipe, or tries to afk for more than 30 seconds. Time is money, friend. So if to them having you aboard seemed like a chance at wasting more time, that's reason enough.. especially in encounters where one person can actually make a big difference/mistake. But it's not really a wow "community" thing. Well, maybe the pace of play is.

If you don't have the patience to endure one wipe then you don't deserve loot either. It's not wanting a quick and clean clear, it's wanting people to silently carry you and then scapegoating your own personal failure as a raid leader. This is a multiplayer game, and if you're pugging members you need to act like it and not treat other players like garbage. The LFG tool is ok but it does nothing to combat the 'one pull then reform' treadmill a lot of players are on since discovering their old guilds aren't coming back.

Robin64

Wait til you get the one in Shattrath, it's "collect 100 items from mobs" and then you kill an elite. Worst campaign mission ever.

The best part is how the reward is nothing. I didn't even realise I was done with that campaign, I was standing around looking for another yellow ! for a couple of minutes.

15 stones from wing 1 of LFR this week. Not bad! Crossing my fingers for wing 2.

And I have 3 Garrison Campaign quests left, according to the achievement. 3 weeks until I have even less to do at 100. :(

Travelling atm so I can't check but I assume I have same amount left. Been doing them every week since launch on my Mage. I got two this week (one for Ogres in Frostfire and one in Nagrand that someone's already mentioned that's just 3 quests).

Man, my Horde alt finally got to WoD and the Garrison is a mess :(

Surely the Horde have some competent architects?!

Alliance's is so pristine and nice and Horde's looks like it was made by someone in the 1700s

Robin64

Should've let the Blood Elves do the Horde garrison. Wouldn't have everyone sitting around a pit in the freezing cold.

Lanrutcon

Should've let the Blood Elves do the Horde garrison. Wouldn't have everyone sitting around a pit in the freezing cold.

Should have let the Forsaken do the Horde garrison:

Only graveyard top side, everything else in crypts and horror vaults down below.

Fuck you, invading forces.

cdyhybrid

Should have let the Forsaken do the Horde garrison:

Only graveyard top side, everything else in crypts and horror vaults down below.

Fuck you, invading forces.

This would be awesome.

Invasions have to find me deep in labyrinthine tunnels, and eventually get lost and surrounded by all types of sadistic traps and undead abominations.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let the Steamwheedle Goblins do the garrison.

Everyone leave the garrison and the invading force gets wiped out by all the malfunctioning everyday tools.

Dropped my max level tailoring to boost up through engineering real quick so I could make the two exclusive engineering mounts. Made 500 of those stealth things since they don't take much for mats that I already had in my bank. Thought it'd be easy to craft them from there but turns out the mats to make the Flying Machine and Turbo Charged Flying Machine aren't widely available in my server's AH. Ended up buying bits and pieces and then flying around and mining the rest.

I only have two profession mounts left: Geosynchronous something or other and the Leatherworking max level wolf. I'll just aim to buy the other engineering one when I get enough gold and I'll swap over to Leatherworking soon to start working through that. That'll likely be a slog.

I also bought the Celestial Steed since I figure that sale is nearly over and it's the only other one that I don't own that I think looks good (now own three of the store mounts).

Up to 238 total mounts right now and if I hop on my paladin it should be 240. I did that to trigger the 200 mounts when I was at 198 on my main. At this point 250 doesn't seem too bad. I could farm the WoD rep ones easily enough, the Timless Isle rep one as well, those two profession mounts, and there's still three WoD rare world mounts I could lazily camp. There's also the eight raid mounts I run weekly but I won't hold my breath there.

Mupod

Well I can confirm that level 3 tavern makes resource missions disappear in favor of the treasure quests it gives. Replaced mine with a Barn and I started getting resource missions again immediately. Back up to 500 resources already and I was down to nothing after all those days of no scavenger income.

Or the invaders just buy your garrison off the goblins.

And then it explodes.

Well I can confirm that level 3 tavern makes resource missions disappear in favor of the treasure quests it gives. Replaced mine with a Barn and I started getting resource missions again immediately. Back up to 500 resources already and I was down to nothing after all those days of no scavenger income.

That's certainly not the case as I constantly have both treasure missions and resource missions through all levels of the inn/tavern. But I did finally get my 50 treasure missions so I'll probably swap it out for a barn or something else soon.

Tacitus_

I've been getting resource missions all the time and I have the level 3 tavern.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
If you don't have the patience to endure one wipe then you don't deserve loot either. It's not wanting a quick and clean clear, it's wanting people to silently carry you and then scapegoating your own personal failure as a raid leader. This is a multiplayer game, and if you're pugging members you need to act like it and not treat other players like garbage. The LFG tool is ok but it does nothing to combat the 'one pull then reform' treadmill a lot of players are on since discovering their old guilds aren't coming back.

If you're the one joining a guild group, you're at their mercy. If you don't want to be at their mercy, you have two choices - go find a guild or be the person forming the group. Guilds don't pug players to carry them, they pug them because they need bodies. Sometimes the bodies you get don't work out, so you get rid of them. Raid leading isn't what it used to be back in the day, only at the very top level is there really a leader giving orders any more. Nowadays people are simply expected to do their homework and perform on the fight themselves. There's no one telling them to move to the left, or right, or to get whelps or switch tanks or whatever.

I remember this phenomenon clearly picking up when wotlk raids became pugable.. it was so strange joining one on my alt and seeing there was no clear leadership, but it was also sort of refreshing to see everyone just know what to do (and frustrating when they didn't.) I still prefer the days where I micromanaged every single person in the raid, but it's unreasonable at this point to expect that level of management from people who probably have never even lead a raid before, they're just the guy who sent out the invites to the guild members.

Anyway, I just don't think this is some new shift in the wow community. Unless you're with a set a of friends where the tolerance for mistakes is high, it's always going to be expected that making a mistake is a death sentence.

Easiest way to get resources? I'm like 700 short from level 3 and I'm no longer getting resources from missions. So it's just eating at my current resources to do missions

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Easiest way to get resources? I'm like 700 short from level 3 and I'm no longer getting resources from missions. So it's just eating at my current resources to do missions

trading post, inn, lumber mill, kill rares you havent yet..

but probably trading post, I've been swimming in resources for weeks. have nothing tos pend them on

I went to old nagrand to buy a mount, I have something for floating pieces of land with waterfalls, draenor nagrand is really pretty but is not the same.

Edit: I guess actually outland nagrand is present nagrand and draenor nagrand is old nagrand, damm you time space portal dimensional traveling.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Saw a rare specimen today, had to take a picture.

jTKVxv1.jpg

JORMBO

Darkness no more

There are also 3 or 4 treasures out in the world that give 100 resources. I know there are 2 in Talador and 1 in Spires. Then there's one in Gorgrond that gives 50. They are listed somewhere on Wowhead.

lexi

Banned
There are also 3 or 4 treasures out in the world that give 100 resources. I know there are 2 in Talador and 1 in Spires. Then there's one in Gorgrond that gives 50. They are listed somewhere on Wowhead.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/handynotes
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/handynotes_draenortreasures

Install both of these, find the Garrison Resource ones and kill rares you haven't yet killed (The addon knows which treasures / rares you already have killed).

It's amazing.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Also, followers with the Scavenger trait gives 200% more resources when sent on a mission that gives those.

I've been stuck at 10k resources for a while now, but spending it at the trading post seems like a waste. Hopefully there'll be some worthwhile additions in 6.1

I'm an expert

I've been stuck at 10k resources for a while now, but spending it at the trading post seems like a waste. Hopefully there'll be some worthwhile additions in 6.1

If you check your ah's prices, pick the best mat and wait till it's 20 resources a stack. I do this with the meats like clefthoof and sell 1 meat for like 6-8g.. so when the prices swing in my favor I turn resources into thousands of gold.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
3 follower mission for resources with all scavengers -> infinite resources

Yeah that is awesome. I have 3 epic scavengers and can get almost 1k resources with a single mission. I have around 7k resources banked on that character due to that.

Yrel's Campaign mission is my favorite one yet. Probably says a lot about the lousy quality of the other campaign missions.

I have been level 100 for awhile, and I can't seem to get any of these quests to appear. Perhaps some other criteria I'm not fulfilling. My limited research has given a big "not sure what triggers them" answer.

I have been level 100 for awhile, and I can't seem to get any of these quests to appear. Perhaps some other criteria I'm not fulfilling. My limited research has given a big "not sure what triggers them" answer.
I'm in the same boat. I got three of them in consecutive weeks and it's been about three or four weeks since my last one. Haven't looked into it since it didn't seem completing them really did much.

The only data points I can provide on the matter:

- My main has completed all or nearly all of the quests in the 91-100 zones. There's probably a few I missed that you have to stumble over (e.g. follower quests, Archmage Vagoth) but in general I'm a quest hound on my main.
- This week I got two Garrison Missions. The Yrel mission and Mok'Gol Watchpost.
- I have yet to have to repeat a Garrison Mission. I assume they wouldn't due to the Achievement. I have 3 left to complete it.

Are you at 615 ilvl? If so, just Q for lfr. I waited about 45 minutes, then spent 2.5 to 3 hours clearing it. That place sucks though. There is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much trash and no loot at 100 except for the helm from Rag.

I'm like level 99 and I don't know if I want to even bother. I really do want that mount, but the idea of sitting through MC for three hours after queing for two... ugh.

DarkJC

The player base has definitely aged with the game. It used to be that my guilds were mainly filled with college age / recent graduates. Now a lot of people have kids and careers.

Wazzy

Banned
Are you at 615 ilvl? If so, just Q for lfr. I waited about 45 minutes, then spent 2.5 to 3 hours clearing it. That place sucks though. There is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much trash and no loot at 100 except for the helm from Rag.

Just checked and I'm 610 :S ah well, I'll just do some quick pvp to replace the gear in need of replacement and that shouldn't take very long.

Thanks for the Q heads up!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

level 3 garrison? Check outside the gates.

cdyhybrid

Anyone here run Highmaul PUGs (or know someone who does)? US/Horde. Just looking to try and avoid the LFG lameness (i.e. getting declined by groups even if you meet their requirements) if at all possible.

Anyone here run Highmaul PUGs (or know someone who does)? US/Horde. Just looking to try and avoid the LFG lameness (i.e. getting declined by groups even if you meet their requirements) if at all possible.

I've had decent luck with pugs but I'm very picky in which ones I sign up for. Gonna look for at least a 6/7 normal pug and 4/7 heroic pug (joined a friends run late and did Twin Ogron and Ko'ragh) when I get home.

Enosh

93% mythic highmaul mission, didn't find a way to get it to 100% (don't have a dude that would have countered both on one boss) shit better not fail

Top Bottom