• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why is she doing that with her head?

Also, any more selfie pics?

I don't think Bloodbath or Bladestorm are super interesting, but they don't feel quite as plain as Avatar. I guess there are just situations where I regularly find Bladestorm fun to use.

Then there's the dark future where Avatar use promotes Anger Management, and everything starts to feel really passive.

It might, but look at it this way: siegebreaker can fit within a avatar cycle 2x and actually promotes more interaction than hitting ravager + bloodbath every minute. So there's actually a little bit more skill required with avatar + siegebreaker in that you have to anticipate siegebreaker coming off CD and using it twice every 90 seconds instead of bloodbath/ravager every minute. Some people are saying siegebreaker is coming ahead on single target over ravager as well. Though I guess ravager does require some thought in delaying it's use for multiple targets, or anticipating where to place it in case the tank moves.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It might, but look at it this way: siegebreaker can fit within a avatar cycle 2x and actually promotes more interaction than hitting ravager + bloodbath every minute. So there's actually a little bit more skill required with avatar + siegebreaker in that you have to anticipate siegebreaker coming off CD and using it twice every 90 seconds instead of bloodbath/ravager every minute. Some people are saying siegebreaker is coming ahead on single target over ravager as well. Though I guess ravager does require some thought in delaying it's use for multiple targets, or anticipating where to place it in case the tank moves.
Yeah, like you're saying even if Siegebreaker requires more regular interaction than Ravager I don't consider it to be as thoughtful. Lining Ravager up with other procs/bonuses for when a boss will be stationary is kind of appealing to me. Ravager also has the added benefit of acting as a ranged DoT, useful for AOE packs that blow up or situations where you want to drop damage on an enemy while you're incapacitated. Siegebreaker has no identity by comparison. Just looking at Highmaul though there are AOE or cleave opportunities that would benefit Ravager over Siegebreaker on almost every boss.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I completed the garrison campaign on the PTR for 6.1, and got to a place that a allowed for a nice screenshot. This is by the Gates of Tanaan after you have
defeated Azuka Bladefury (and that magnaron she awoke)
. The mobs (all elites) there didn't spawn as I entered the area but when they did they killed me in a second, and as I ran back to respawn I found a small area you could be in outside any aggro radius.

wod_gatesoftanaanv0b6b.png

As for breaking into Tanaan, little progress. The first area (the intro experience) can be explored to certain extents, but the inner section of Tanaan still features those nasty invisible walls. Doesn't help many toys used for exploration aren't included when you copy a character to the PTR.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think Avatar was already really close to being viable. It was actually a good choice on The Butcher even on a 3min cooldown because of how it lined up with stuff. With the cooldown being halved it's hard to imagine people picking up anything else. Personally I find the talent to be super boring, so I'd rather have other abilities ranking higher than it. Avatar being this good also makes Scabbard way too powerful, and I really hate BoE epics having that kind of pull.

It was viable on 1/7 highmaul fights provided you had a scabbard (Butcher), with BRF coming out and mythic BRF trinkets, it becomes viable on 1/19 or even 0/19 fights. The talent was pure ass in pve and it's only used by something like 1% of warriors in PvP because bladestorm is way too good in that domain. This change makes it a competitive choice in both PvP and PvE. Bladestorm will probably still be king on most fights (simply because most fights involve adds). In PVP, the choice probably becomes 50/50 and dependent on the comp you run.

Talent changes like these (underused, shitty talents buffed up to the OP talents) are only good for the game. More choices is always better imo. People just look at the changelog for all classes without realizing that since most of these are talent buffs, tradeoffs take place. Resto shaman with two spirit link totems? Well they have to give up 5% passive haste and that big NS heal. Warriors with avatar? Well they chose to give up that 45s (with AM) un-CC-able burst cooldown (that is also AOE).

The only win win win winners to come out of all these talent changes are DK's, where they were already using BoS or NP in PVP and now both become much better. Though I'd rather most of these talents be balanced around PvE, and then PvP adjustments made later in other areas (aka set bonuses, glyphs, baseline abilities) if necessary--which is what blizz seems to be doing.

Rokam

So just to make sure I'm doing the math right, if I'm comparing 2 trinkets that provide the same type of stat boost, one being static the other a proc...

Divide the uptime of the proc by the ICD & multiply that by the proc amount? And then take into account such things as CD's lining up, movement on a fight, etc.

cdyhybrid

Starting to lose desire to play. It's really hard to find PUGs that use Personal Loot, and it's hard to apply for guilds when I don't even know what class I want to play. Maybe I'll just keep leveling up alts or something, but I dread WoD leveling already and the grind that comes with the garrison.

ampere

Yeah Garrisons are not at all alt-friendly. I already get feeling exhausted from my garrison, not really looking forward to doing it all expac.

Bought a crazy rooster mount yesterday. Was pretty expensive, but I like how odd it looks. Trying to earn more gold to buy the other TCG mounts.

ZenaxPure

I don't find the garrison terrible on my alts but all I am doing is the profession stuff, takes probably like 15 minutes for all my characters with professions. Only thing I don't like is the amount of effort that has to go into getting a follower for the profession buildings, it is time consuming. Not going to bother with it for most of my characters until next patch when I can get some heirloom stuff going.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Followers should have been account wide, would have immediately solved garrison/alts issue. Or at least let weapon/armor enhancements be BoA.

Followers should have been account wide, would have immediately solved garrison/alts issue. Or at least let weapon/armor enhancements be BoA.

I think these are inbound, maybe with 6.1.

For now the most time-consuming things your Garrison demands of you are the herb garden/mine, the apexis daily and the inventory management by having 25 followers churning salvage crates into your bags every day. If you do that on a single character that's easily 30 minutes consumed. Doing it on alts is completely out of the question. I want items that reduce gathering cast bars in the garrison to 0.5 seconds (the gloves from Nagrand only work if you're an Herbalist and the Mine Pick from Spires only reduces the cast time by like 0.8 seconds if you're a Miner) and I definitely want an alternate source of shards, it's just not fun and I still have things I want to buy. Nobody in their right mind is going to farm the 50-60k required for a 670 item from a vendor.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yeah Garrisons are not at all alt-friendly. I already get feeling exhausted from my garrison, not really looking forward to doing it all expac.

Bought a crazy rooster mount yesterday. Was pretty expensive, but I like how odd it looks. Trying to earn more gold to buy the other TCG mounts.

These things are being duped or something. Normally they are around 4-500k. They were on the AH for 310k yesterday, and I bought one from a dude for 280k.

They are on Sargeras-US for 180k atm.

You can see they almost tripled the amount that's ever been listed.

Now here's hoping that I don't get the item revoked. I've never heard of anyone losing out on a duped mount unless they do something dumb like put in a ticket.

These things are being duped or something. Normally they are around 4-500k. They were on the AH for 310k yesterday, and I bought one from a dude for 280k.

They are on Sargeras-US for 180k atm.

You can see they almost tripled the amount that's ever been listed.

Now here's hoping that I don't get the item revoked. I've never heard of anyone losing out on a duped mount unless they do something dumb like put in a ticket.

I think Blizzard has said that dupings impossible, haven't they? I doubt that's it.

JSoup

Banned
I think Blizzard has said that dupings impossible, haven't they? I doubt that's it.

Duping is completely possible and people have been doing it for years, that's how I got my Ethereal Soul-Trader for 10K. By and large, Blizz doesn't seem to care as most of the TCG items are cosmetic crap.

Duping is completely possible and people have been doing it for years, that's how I got my Ethereal Soul-Trader for 10K. By and large, Blizz doesn't seem to care as most of the TCG items are cosmetic crap.

No one is going to sell a TCG mount that normally goes for 300k+ for 170-180k. There's one person on my realm selling 6 of them. The same thing is happening on Illidan.

If anything the prices of the TCG mounts should always steadily increase, since there's a very finite number of them.

Not sure about that, near beginning of expansion there were already people selling savage blood by the hundred.

Hrm. Cause I brought a red Panther(The Jewel one) for 10k, which was a steal. I was wondering if it was a hacked account or something but..hrm.

ampere

The only 'duping' that exists afaik is account restoration fraud. Bannable obviously.

Not sure if the Magic Roosters are being duped. I know someone who bought one off a guy for 130k in MoP because the seller got the TCG card and didn't know the value of the item.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The only 'duping' that exists afaik is account restoration fraud. Bannable obviously.

Not sure if the Magic Roosters are being duped. I know someone who bought one off a guy for 130k in MoP because the seller got the TCG card and didn't know the value of the item.

Did you look at my links. This is obviously pretty new. 10 a day, 5 a day, 10, and then suddenly 40.

Like, in the past 24 hours.

JSoup

Banned

I can't speak for the mats and stuff, but people have been duping TCG items for years. There was a topic about it on reddit a while back about how it's done. Obviously the details were left out, but it's apparently possible to either steal TCG codes from unclaimed cards or a way to fabricate them, which lead to an influx of TCG crap floating around. Just before being linked to Suramar, Draka had a guy selling cheap soul trader pets and chicken mounts.

After reading about it, I sent in a ticket about my soul trader and got told not to worry about it. The item is legit, the method used to get it active in the game wasn't. Basically, we're not the people Blizz wants, so enjoy your cheap crap.

M.D

How often can you get the strongbox and conquest points from killing Volrath in ashran? is it every day or every week like a raid lockout?

I grabbed a 35k Jeweled Panther Mount (the one that takes all four of the others) and immediately submitted a ticket since I was fairly certain it was a dupe, but it was my first time coming across it openly like that. They replied and thanked me for alerting them but suggested next time not buying it first because while they removed the mount and refunded my gold they couldn't guarantee that each time they could refund the gold.

So some caution if you're buying something thinking it's a dupe and reporting it. Fairly certain if you don't report it Blizzard never goes back and removes the item from your list (at least not on mounts). The bit I read back during that time seemed to confirm that from people posting about it.

M.D

Once a week for the centre lane push AFAIK.

Thanks

Do you know if the 665 bind on equip loot that can drop from mobs in everbloom wilds or stonefury cliffs only drops when you are doing the quest, or can drop at any time? because in stonefury cliffs for example you can't open chests that are revealed when you kill the ogres

Welp, it only took ten levels worth of 5-man dungeon runs to switch from Discipline to Shadow Priest. I don't care if the queues are longer, trying to learn how to run a healer with randoms in the low level dungeons is too stressful. Some people listen when you ask them politely not to do crazy big pulls and say you're new to healer, most just do whatever the fuck they want and then complain when I can't keep up even though everything I can throw at this point is on CD. Probably just going to delete the Priest. It's more satisfying to just plant in the back and spam DoTs as a Warlock and occassionally res someone or give them a healthstone, than it is trying to deal with all of the randomness the dungeon finder throws at you as a Priest.

Renekton

Welp, it only took ten levels worth of 5-man dungeon runs to switch from Discipline to Shadow Priest. I don't care if the queues are longer, trying to learn how to run a healer with randoms in the low level dungeons is too stressful. Some people listen when you ask them politely not to do crazy big pulls and say you're new to healer, most just do whatever the fuck they want and then complain when I can't keep up even though everything I can throw at this point is on CD. Probably just going to delete the Priest. It's more satisfying to just plant in the back and spam DoTs as a Warlock and occassionally res someone or give them a healthstone, than it is trying to deal with all of the randomness the dungeon finder throws at you as a Priest.
Just run heroics, for some reason it's easier to heal, and when DPSers die they don't blame you.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just run heroics, for some reason it's easier to heal, and when DPSers die they don't blame you.

He's doing low lvl dungeons, which are extremely easy compared to WoD heroics, I wouldn't suggest doing that. He would just unsub. :p

Rapstah

I have all active followers except two at epic, 645 ilvl and that's where the game decides to start exclusively giving me missions that only reward follower XP. I'm not sure what I was expecting, it's not like they can give me ten missions at a time that all give me high-level loot.

Tacitus_

Well, mythic Tectus down. Funnily enough, our raid lock for some reason showed it downed before we went in so dunno what the hell was going on with that.

I have all active followers except two at epic, 645 ilvl and that's where the game decides to start exclusively giving me missions that only reward follower XP. I'm not sure what I was expecting, it's not like they can give me ten missions at a time that all give me high-level loot.

I'm at that stage on my main. Everyone is at epic so xp is useless

That's when it decides to give me quests with a 37.50 gold reward. Lol, no thanks

Or when it gives you 615 weapon/armour upgrades because why not not

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I suppose I would be more interested in how duping occurs -- and if it did why don't they just get spectral Tigers duped

PUGs are turning so toxic now. Not doing 15k dps? you'll hear all about it in your Heroic.

PUGs through Dungeon Finder feel like I'm solo queuing All-Pick in Dota 2. You just spin the wheel and never know what you're going to get. A Druid who queues as a tank but won't go into bear form and plays as a caster. When asked why he's not tanking when he queued as a tank the only response is "lol". A rogue who trolls the party and pulls more than the tank and healer can handle causing your team to wipe, who then leaves after the wipe. Or a group that gets shit done and just queues through multiple dungeon runs.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
PUGs through Dungeon Finder feel like I'm solo queuing All-Pick in Dota 2. You just spin the wheel and never know what you're going to get. A Druid who queues as a tank but won't go into bear form and plays as a caster. When asked why he's not tanking when he queued as a tank the only response is "lol". A rogue who trolls the party and pulls more than the tank and healer can handle causing your team to wipe, who then leaves after the wipe. Or a group that gets shit done and just queues through multiple dungeon runs.

Weird, I never get these groups in WoD. Mind you, i dont do heroic 5 mans everyday.

Mordeccai

Anyone know if it's possible to use your bnet account balance to pay for a sub? I have 10 bucks in my account and would like to use that and $5 on my debit card for the next month, but cant find anywhere to do so on the account page.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Anyone know if it's possible to use your bnet account balance to pay for a sub? I have 10 bucks in my account and would like to use that and $5 on my debit card for the next month, but cant find anywhere to do so on the account page.

not right now. its only for the game store, apparently.

i think when they allow you to buy game time and sell it in game you'll be able to use balance for it. that should be shortly.

but you wouldnt pay for your sub, you would buy game time and use that as an in-game item that you can also sell/buy for gold

Top Bottom