• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Well you could buy the pieces from the AH or make them on alts. So if there were no limit someone with an alt army could make full 670 gear (yea it would take a lot of bloods, but is possible).

I would wait on heirlooms until 6.1. Then you can buy them with gold

If they got that kind of time, let them have it. It's not like there's a significant difference between that and grinding away at reputation rewards or PvP in previous expansions. I honestly just want to have a nice set of armor that matches head to toe that I can say "hey, I made this". I realize I can back into that with transmog, but that's also effectively gated (by the very fact that I gotta back into it). I'm not asking them to turn it into a sandbox and appeal to whims to be able to go off script, I'm just asking them to expand the menu a little.

Robin64

I really don't see the difference between Ashran and Wintergrasp, they're about the same to me in all honesty.

Wintergrasp had clearly defined objectives which were different for each side and wasn't just a tug of war in a central road of a symmetrical map. Though nowadays, Ashran is about Horde working on objectives while Alliance hammer the base.

ZenaxPure

Yeah Wintergrasp is one of the reasons I loved Wrath as well. I actually enjoyed the siege aspect of it, breaking down the walls and offense/defense having different objectives. I think it was definitely more of a casual thing and that was fine with me since I was never big into PVP.

Draxal

Wintergrasp had clearly defined objectives which were different for each side and wasn't just a tug of war in a central road of a symmetrical map. Though nowadays, Ashran is about Horde working on objectives while Alliance hammer the base.

It just ended up being win-traded in the end just like, ash is doing events while alliance farms Volrath.

And Tol barad ended up being win traded as well.

They were all better than Halaa though.

Wotlk remains my favorite because of the story, it was pretty much the conclusion to a game that came out like 8 years prior. Death Knights were also ambitious, the dungeons and raids were a very noticeable jump from TBC and the art style was awesome. Though it was also the start of homogenization for classes.

JSoup

Banned
Hey.
I liked Tol Barad.
It was one of those battlegrounds where one guy who knew the field could screw with everyone, even if he was solo.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why the fuck does the 90% loading bar boss still exist? I can't even log on my two 100s in their Garrison. That crap should have been fixed a few days after the launch at least, not a few months...

edit : finally logged after 2 mins, but I was outside my Garrison, and it's empty...and got disconnected... great.

CassSept

Maybe it depended on the server, but on my server attacking side always won, defending was fun but ultimately pointless. It was decent on Wednesdays though when everyone rushed to do VoA.

E: Though thinking back about it, the chaos under the outer walls before attacking side broke through the first gates was indeed something special, even if it lagged like crazy.

Tacitus_

Why the fuck does the 90% loading bar boss still exist? I can't even log on my two 100s in their Garrison. That crap should have been fixed a few days after the launch at least, not a few months...

edit : finally logged after 2 mins, but I was outside my Garrison, and it's empty...and got disconnected... great.

Something must be awry. I haven't had a single problem with my garrisons after the opening rush ended and they got some new tech and hardware going.

That's one hell of a network effect. Using your example, it isn't as if 99.5% of all the America's tech companies (let alone the world's tech companies) are in silicon valley.

No you're correct, and I suspect those two downplay it. It's a pretty big deal.

I had my friend group split up this xpac because of racials. They were all 2250-2450 players and the difference in options for certain classes if you are Alliance is unreal compared to horde.

Its probably an in house commitment to balancing numbers since horde tends to pve more than alliance does at the top levels.

cdyhybrid

Sounds hilarious: Horde are busy killing the evils of the world and Alliance just wants to gank the Horde.

That's pretty much how it goes on Stormreaver.

Horde are in Highmaul and the Alliance gank people that are AFK outside Highmaul when no one else is around.

ZenaxPure

Race changed my night elf warrior to dwarf. Now I wish all my characters were dwarves.

Dwarf beards might be my favorite single thing about the new character models. Like damn, they are so incredible now. Makes me wish I had a male Dwarf but my only one is a lady because the crazy hair casting animation... Which totally got nerfed in the new character models, it is not as cool now.

ampere

Got Mythic Butcher tonight in about 40 min... it's definitely one of those fights where you faceroll when you have the gear/dps. Hoping we get Ko'ragh tonight so we can do some Mar'gok progress next week before BRF opens.

lazygecko

newBEFemale.jpg

newBEMale.jpg

Their posture is definitely more upright than it was before.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Got my wife into the game last night, we both started new characters together. When do mounts become available?

After playing so much Guild Wars 2...I still hate how in WoW you have to hike by foot everywhere...it's like so much time is wasted just walking.

ugh.

strafer

Got my wife into the game last night, we both started new characters together. When do mounts become available?

After playing so much Guild Wars 2...I still hate how in WoW you have to hike by foot everywhere...it's like so much time is wasted just walking.

ugh.

Level 20.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
After last week being dogshit, I actually had a good night of raiding last night. Did over 30k on mythic kargath and twins, and got the bracers off twins, which was great since I had been using 645s.

We work on mythic Brackenspore again on Sunday, hopefully I will keep the ball rolling and not fall back down to like 24k like last week.

Thanks!

Do they have solo or 2 person dungeons?

All dungeons are 5 man, but if one of you is tank/ pet class, or healer, you can go back about 5-10 levels afterwards and 2 man it if you want a certain item. If youre both dps, then you can just group and kill stuff without really paying much attention to stuff

ugh.

I agree, all the running blows. There are several levels of mounts/speeds in the game. Normal at 20-40% speed, epic at 40-100%speed, flying at 60-150%, epic flying at 70-280% speed. It is quite costly though, especially for new players. Regular flying isn't too bad, but epic flying costs 5000 gold, that is a ton for a new character. Try to find some rich friends or guildies to help you along the way. For a veteran, 5000 gold is literally butt wiping money.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

ugh.

You do have flight paths that allow you to automatically fly (for a small fee) at high speed from one point to another, as well as portals to major cities and certain zones once you're higher lvl, but yeah... get used to running and flying to get where you want. It's not that bad thanks to flight paths, they're a bit like GW2 waypoints, except not instant.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
All dungeons are 5 man, but if one of you is tank/ pet class, or healer, you can go back about 5-10 levels afterwards and 2 man it if you want a certain item. If youre both dps, then you can just group and kill stuff without really paying much attention to stuff

I agree, all the running blows. There are several levels of mounts/speeds in the game. Normal at 20-40% speed, epic at 40-100%speed, flying at 60-150%, epic flying at 70-280% speed. It is quite costly though, especially for new players. Regular flying isn't too bad, but epic flying costs 5000 gold, that is a ton for a new character. Try to find some rich friends or guildies to help you along the way. For a veteran, 5000 gold is literally butt wiping money.

Can you buy a epic flying mount with real money?

Top Bottom