• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I don't think so, mounts scale with your riding skill, 100% max for ground and 310% max for flying, so if you buy one from the store it should scale to the max speed you already have.

correct, even ones from the store.

My main is from vanilla (literally my launch character) when faction reputation was 100x more brutal.. so I boosted him to 90 and leveled him as my main now.. and he has (an orc mind you!!!!!) Honored rep with org... yeah, I got him to 46 in vanilla and mid-60s prior to WOD and he had honored with his own city.... Anywho, the point is if you're looking to farm rep quickly for a better epic flying discount, I've found the argent tournament is awesome. Have grabbed around 8K from it so far. Will probably just grab my epic flying now with 15% as opposed to waiting another 19K rep for the extra 5%.

man... playing goblins spoils you. that highest discount thing is sick. For instance I buy all of my guild vendor stuff from TBC-Shatt because the guild vendor there is factioned (the only guild vendor in the game that is) so I get 20% off all guild heirlooms and then mail them to other characters.

Can you buy a epic flying mount with real money?

As others have said, you can buy the mounts with real money, either from the Blizz store or buying gold and getting them from the auction house (not recommended), but they will only go as fast as the riding ability you have learned. If you buy a flying mount, but did not learn flying or epic flying, it will only run.

Mounts used to grant the flying skill when you learned the mount, but that was change during the Cata x-pack, at least I think that's when it changed.

ampere

I have thousands of screenshots from the years of WoW. Shame I don't have any of the Vanilla/BC ones :( Just have them from late Wrath on.

The selfie camera sounds like it puts a fun border on pictures or something. Sounds neat

If anyone else got stopped while working on the Cata Dungeon meta by the first achievement in BRC it's been fixed for a bit over a week now. Myself and a guildmate both needed it so we got it last night.

That got me the Volcanic Drake. Only four more mounts to go for 250. Also noticed that I'm only missing four "drakes" in total (South Wind, Blue, Blazing, and Emerald).

ampere

If anyone else got stopped while working on the Cata Dungeon meta by the first achievement in BRC it's been fixed for a bit over a week now. Myself and a guildmate both needed it so we got it last night.

That got me the Volcanic Drake. Only four more mounts to go for 250. Also noticed that I'm only missing four "drakes" in total (South Wind, Blue, Blazing, and Emerald).

Grats

I am having the worst luck with the Blazing Drake. I generally have good luck with mounts so I can't complain too much, but I saw the Blazing Drake drop over 10 times in Cata and not a single time since then. I've run it a lot too!

Oh well maybe soon

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Grats

I am having the worst luck with the Blazing Drake. I generally have good luck with mounts so I can't complain too much, but I saw the Blazing Drake drop over 10 times in Cata and not a single time since then. I've run it a lot too!

Oh well maybe soon

I'm trying to get Blazing Drake too, hate it. The raid wouldn't be so annoying to do if there wasn't so much NPCs talking and the Spine of Deathwing. I simply wish that Blizzard someday (soon) get rid of the contant left and right running we have to do while soloing. And maybe some "skip dialogue" option.

ZenaxPure

I want blazing so bad, only one I need for the emerald drake. My guild saw a grand total of 1 drop back in DS and I think I rolled lowest.

Also if you haven't gotten the Pandaria dungeon meta yet you should do that, the heroics are very easy to solo at 100 and all the achievements except a couple can be soloed. Only one I need is the last one from Scholomance but it appears you need a full group of 5 for it and I've been too lazy to put it together.

TheYanger

WoW needs to steal TOR's Huttball wholesale.
I would be ok with this. Huttball was the shining beacon of fun in TOR :(
Got my wife into the game last night, we both started new characters together. When do mounts become available?

After playing so much Guild Wars 2...I still hate how in WoW you have to hike by foot everywhere...it's like so much time is wasted just walking.

ugh.

You have to run WAAAAY more in guild wars 2 to get everywhere prior to having the waypoints, which when you're sub-20 in wow is basically the point of the game you're at. Once you have flight paths or especially flight (until wod of course) getting around is super fast. Meanwhile when I start a new guild wars toon it's like 'wait. I have to RUN everywhere? No mount or anything?' it's so god damn slow.

ampere

Huttball was awesome, yea. Buggy game, but good times.

I'm trying to get Blazing Drake too, hate it. The raid wouldn't be so annoying to do if there wasn't so much NPCs talking and the Spine of Deathwing. I simply wish that Blizzard someday (soon) get rid of the contant left and right running we have to do while soloing. And maybe some "skip dialogue" option.

Yeah Dragon Soul is a... black mark on the raid history. Just not a good one Lorewise or otherwise. Some of the fights were cool but as a whole it was not good.

It would be nice if Spine didn't roll when solo, but I can understand they don't want to spend any development time changing that.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Huttball was awesome, yea. Buggy game, but good times.

Yeah Dragon Soul is a... black mark on the raid history. Just not a good one Lorewise or otherwise. Some of the fights were cool but as a whole it was not good.

It would be nice if Spine didn't roll when solo, but I can understand they don't want to spend any development time changing that.

I don't think getting rid of the roll would be that much work. It's probably a simple command line somewhere that they need to delete.

StMeph

Yeah, it remains the only setting in which I've EVER healed (gasp).

That was still only about 1/3 of the time; the rest was spent killing carriers + trying to cheese as many medals across different stats as possible.

RIP Quelana.

TTUVAPOR

Banned

You have to run WAAAAY more in guild wars 2 to get everywhere prior to having the waypoints, which when you're sub-20 in wow is basically the point of the game you're at. Once you have flight paths or especially flight (until wod of course) getting around is super fast. Meanwhile when I start a new guild wars toon it's like 'wait. I have to RUN everywhere? No mount or anything?' it's so god damn slow.

Yeah, my wife and I plan to get to 20 as fast as possible tonight.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I've been kinda curious, what makes Mount Hyjal a really bad raid instance to raid community? Is it because of encounter design or something else?

On another note, I managed to get a one-shot raid group (from openraid, ofc) on heroic Highmaul and fully cleared it. Got myself a ring from Tectus, the sword from Imp, and hands from butcher's bonus roll.

Blackrock Foundry can't come soon enough. ;_;

I've been kinda curious, what makes Mount Hyjal a really bad raid instance to raid community? Is it because of encounter design or something else?

Trash waves with epic drops on them would get cannibalized.
The entire instance was literally waiting for trash waves to materialize and then running around trying to efficiently kill it. Took ages and there was no way to speed any of it up.
Wiping on a boss meant starting over on the trash waves.
Plus the usual TBC raiding jank like getting feared into fire/explosions/etc.

TheYanger

Huttball with Monks (serpent kick) and the DK/Druid aoe grip talents ....ugh.

It had the same shit in star wars. It was better because of them!
I would often harpoon people into the fire pillars as they were spawning, we'd have guardians force leaping up to the goal, consulars life gripping people up with the ball, etc. If it didn't have that shit it wouldn't even be fun.

ZenaxPure

I think my biggest complaint was that the trash was literally just waves that kept coming and there was nothing really strategic about it or anything, it was the literal definition of mindless trash. Also on a personal level it was made even worse by me being a rogue and in TBC rogues had no aoe (FoK came in wrath) and there were aerial mobs and hey rogues didn't have any ranged attacks either!

But also when I said some of the stuff I personally didn't like about Dragon Soul applies to Hyjal that would be completely reused assests, Hyjal as a zone was in the game in vanilla even if it was never opened up (it was easy to get into and pretty much everyone went in and explored at some point) and all the NPC models were just reused similar to how the boss models in Dragon Soul are. Also lore-wise it made no sense because there was no Infinite Dragonflight presence which was the entire point of the dungeons in Caverns of Time.

Draxal

It had the same shit in star wars. It was better because of them!
I would often harpoon people into the fire pillars as they were spawning, we'd have guardians force leaping up to the goal, consulars life gripping people up with the ball, etc. If it didn't have that shit it wouldn't even be fun.

Yeah, consulars were beyond broken in huttball due to speed buff deathgrip (if shadow) or lifegrip if sage, but the movement disparity etween classes is even stronger in Wow compared to SWTOR but not such a big deal because it isn't game breaking.in normal gameplay.

I llso played a commando in huttball and just felt useless the entire time (only thing they had was the aoe knockback so it might be my ibtterness there)

But it is utterly gamebreaking in huttball and there would be so much qq.

Now if all classes had more access to that sort of stuff i'd be cool with it.

StMeph

Yeah, consulars were beyond broken in huttball due to speed buff deathgrip (if shadow) or lifegrip if sage, but the movement disparity etween classes is even stronger in Wow compared to SWTOR but not such a big deal because it isn't game breaking.in normal gameplay.

I llso played a commando in huttball and just felt useless the entire time (only thing they had was the aoe knockback so it might be my ibtterness there)

But it isutterly gamebreaking in huttball and there would be so much qq.

You sound like a frog-dog. Are you a frog-dog?

Draxal

You sound like a frog-dog. Are you a frog-dog?

swtor-frogdog-pratice-jersey-freelancer-contractors-bounty-pack.jpg

(rotworm jersey for those who don't get the reference).

Mordeccai

Man now I wanna reinstall SWTOR and see how it is. I had a lot of fun healing on my scoundrel actually. And the raids, though there aren't many of them, were actually interesting to run through.

I'm a geek for star wars though

•Level 100 characters with a Tier-3 Garrison will now receive an item in the mail that increases a single Battle Pet's level to 25.
I'm okay with this.

My highest pet is 17... pet battles bore me but I like collecting them.. :/

ZenaxPure

I'm okay with this.

My highest pet is 17... pet battles bore me but I like collecting them.. :/

It's a smart move, I like pet battles a lot but they aren't really fun until the pets are max level and you start doing more interesting fights. That will help a lot cause once you have one max level pet it is super easy to power level others. I've actually gotten into the habit of leveling a pet to max level every day because the reward bag from the garrison daily gives you a random type level stone, so I just pick a pet of whatever type I get and do the frostfire/SMV daily tamer and then use level up stones for the remaining levels.

I'm sick of being on a rollercoaster of DK changes that completely redefines how you play the class every other week. Dear god, I've been having enough trouble as it is lately.

If this means Necrotic Plague is now viable, I'll have to learn how to run that in the rotation, aside from making/remaking a whole new set of Weak Auras.

Renekton

Haha resto druids are getting buffed. One of the most op classes in PvP. Come on now. Shits not funny

Bristling Fur (Guardian)
Force of Nature
Guardian of Elune (Guardian)
Moment of Clarity (Restoration)
Rampant Growth (Restoration)
Renewal
Stellar Flare (Balance)
Genesis

Hmm I don't think arena rdruids use any of the above except for Genesis.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think Avatar was already really close to being viable. It was actually a good choice on The Butcher even on a 3min cooldown because of how it lined up with stuff. With the cooldown being halved it's hard to imagine people picking up anything else. Personally I find the talent to be super boring, so I'd rather have other abilities ranking higher than it. Avatar being this good also makes Scabbard way too powerful, and I really hate BoE epics having that kind of pull.

I think Avatar was already really close to being viable. It was actually a good choice on The Butcher even on a 3min cooldown because of how it lined up with stuff. With the cooldown being halved it's hard to imagine people picking up anything else. Personally I find the talent to be super boring, so I'd rather have other abilities ranking higher than it. Avatar being this good also makes Scabbard way too powerful, and I really hate BoE epics having that kind of pull.

Damn didn't even see scabbard :/, blows away the trinket from brackenspore. I don't see how bladestorm or bloodbath are more interesting though. Blade will probably still be superior for aoe fights.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Damn didn't even see scabbard :/, blows away the trinket from brackenspore. I don't see how bladestorm or bloodbath are more interesting though. Blade will probably still be superior for aoe fights.
I don't think Bloodbath or Bladestorm are super interesting, but they don't feel quite as plain as Avatar. I guess there are just situations where I regularly find Bladestorm fun to use.

Then there's the dark future where Avatar use promotes Anger Management, and everything starts to feel really passive.

Top Bottom