• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Dresden

Did Sunwell to see if I could get some of the white paladin plate from it, got nothing. :(

An orb of sin'dorei dropped so it wasn't a total waste.

e: must have looted it from MT earlier. So I guess that wasn't a waste.

Yes. Yes. YES.

WoWScrnShot_110814_200715_zps26cc9ee8.jpg

Sweet! I had a last minute realization that I didn't have a unique ground mount for WoD, so I made an impulsive go for the AQ mount from Archeology. Bought up all the Tol'vir keystones I could find, but I went through them so fast and without them the grind is ridiculous. Luckily when I ran out of keystones I still had enough fragments to be midway through a solve. That gave me the motivation to finish the last solve and end at zero fragments before giving up. And RNG being RNG that was the one I needed.

I'm thinking about using my character boost cross faction to remake my old Draenei Shaman from TBC, but it's hard to justify beyond nostalgia. I stopped playing in TBC, and when I came back to play off and on near the start of Cata my friends had gone to Horde so that was that for Alliance. I liked the lore/roleplay of being a Draenei Shaman in Outland and wouldn't mind a return to that, but it's not like I would play a cross faction alt that much anyway, and I have a horde shaman alt near max I could use anyway.

On the other-hand, I don't really need/want the extra professions and I have alts of nearly all the classes already (albeit not max level) if I want to play around with something new for a bit. Unless I think I'm going to really love Mage or Hunter or Monk, maybe it's not so bad to double up on a class I know I enjoy.

I'm just happy that the EVGA RMA fixed my issue with WOW. It was the card. Don't know if it was a defective product, or if the factory overclock from EVGA was the issue. Either way, I'm ready for WOD with a stable computer again. :D

Nudull

Banned
Been waiting on getting the Lv. 90 boost with WoD first before I start playing again, if for nothing else but to actually get to explore all of WoW for once. The question remains whether I'll use it on my warlock or roll a new character entirely.

Saucy_XL

Banned
Just gunna post this here on a off chance someone recalls this old PvP video

It was a Warrior PvP video back in early Vanilla. There are only a few details I remember. I'm pretty sure it was a female warrior, I think a gnome, that was using a model changer to a NE female. A lot of the fighting took place at the old Kargath (in Badlands). The player also only used default action bars, but used hotkeys to switch between action bars in the midst of fighting. That's really all I can remember. I'm pretty sure it was on warcraftmovies back in the day. It was very impressive play. It's not Maydie, Laintime, or Swifty

Fjordson

Yasss, got my Bloodsail Admiral title. Definitely was pretty boring running around booty bay killing low level NPC's for four hours :lol but not too bad.

Sweet! I had a last minute realization that I didn't have a unique ground mount for WoD, so I made an impulsive go for the AQ mount from Archeology. Bought up all the Tol'vir keystones I could find, but I went through them so fast and without them the grind is ridiculous. Luckily when I ran out of keystones I still had enough fragments to be midway through a solve. That gave me the motivation to finish the last solve and end at zero fragments before giving up. And RNG being RNG that was the one I needed.

I'm thinking about using my character boost cross faction to remake my old Draenei Shaman from TBC, but it's hard to justify beyond nostalgia. I stopped playing in TBC, and when I came back to play off and on near the start of Cata my friends had gone to Horde so that was that for Alliance. I liked the lore/roleplay of being a Draenei Shaman in Outland and wouldn't mind a return to that, but it's not like I would play a cross faction alt that much anyway, and I have a horde shaman alt near max I could use anyway.

On the other-hand, I don't really need/want the extra professions and I have alts of nearly all the classes already (albeit not max level) if I want to play around with something new for a bit. Unless I think I'm going to really love Mage or Hunter or Monk, maybe it's not so bad to double up on a class I know I enjoy.
Damn homie, grats! That fucking bug mount took me weeks to get. Not constant play for weeks, but many nights playing was just dedicated to archaeology for that thing. Horrible grind, but worth it.

Yes. Yes. YES.

WoWScrnShot_110814_200715_zps26cc9ee8.jpg
Grats!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Metallica were amazing. It was hilarious how quiet the crowd was when getting them to sung parts of songs and such.

God damn, can't believe warlords is next week.

What interface addons do you guys use? I enjoy ElvUI but I don't believe it's updated yet for WoD and I actually don't care much for its sister TukUI :(

Hixx

What interface addons do you guys use? I enjoy ElvUI but I don't believe it's updated yet for WoD and I actually don't care much for its sister TukUI :(

ElvUI has been updated dozens of times since 6.0 went live :p

I still can't use the "exact search" button on the AH though :( Have to turn ElvUI off for that.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
What did you guys think of the LFG documentary?

Honestly, it's a circle jerk piece of advertising lol. Like, as someone who's been there since before bnet existed, there's definitely a sense of appreciation and nostalgia for guys like Metzen and Didier. And them talking through stuff like launch and aq gates etc is cool, but honestly we've heard them talk about all that in the past, in much greater detail. It was a fun trip down memory lane, bout all.

lazygecko

There are a few places poppin up where level 1s get 100% of the xp from like, level 80-90 stuff.

I got summoned to Molten Front offensive and got 2 level 70s in about an hour.

Don't they rollback the levels once they've hotfixed those spots?

Honestly, it's a circle jerk piece of advertising lol. Like, as someone who's been there since before bnet existed, there's definitely a sense of appreciation and nostalgia for guys like Metzen and Didier. And them talking through stuff like launch and aq gates etc is cool, but honestly we've heard them talk about all that in the past, in much greater detail. It was a fun trip down memory lane, bout all.

Most enthusiast documentaries are like that, unfortunately.

ElvUI has been updated dozens of times since 6.0 went live :p

I still can't use the "exact search" button on the AH though :( Have to turn ElvUI off for that.

Oh.. interesting. Not sure why mine is not playing ball then. I downloaded the latest version as well :( Good news anyway. Thanks.

UnrealEck

I haven't played WoW for almost a year now. I messed around in WoD beta but I'm out of touch a bit and my guildmate offered to buy me WoD because I told him I'm broke (I actually am completely skint) and they want me to raid. I'm not sure what to do. I won't be as good as I was before until I practice for a good while and I don't want to let him down if I take his offer and I perform poorly.

Anyone have any thoughts on choosing between boosting a shaman or paladin? Looking to finally use my boost. I prefer healing, so I guess it is a choice between resto/holy.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Anyone have any thoughts on choosing between boosting a shaman or paladin? Looking to finally use my boost. I prefer healing, so I guess it is a choice between resto/holy.

It's about whether you want a tank unit as well or not. They're both weak. I main resto sham but sham has been neutered a lot. I'd do pally for utility but it really comes down to preference.

What is the op healer in pvp going to be?

We'll see how priest nerfs go in wod but in general priest/druid/monk are fine with sham/pally behind them.

I did a dry run of my dailies turn in route for Warlords launch and all of the Golden Lotus dailies I had in my quest log from yesterday vanished. What the hell...

Jag

I did a dry run of my dailies turn in route for Warlords launch and all of the Golden Lotus dailies I had in my quest log from yesterday vanished. What the hell...

I thought about filling up my quest log but I'm not sure the annoying aspect of it is worth the extra xp.

I thought about filling up my quest log but I'm not sure the annoying aspect of it is worth the extra xp.

24-25 level 90 dailies is worth about 3/4 of your exp bar to 91. If you have an efficient turn in route it takes less than 10 minutes to complete. I tested it on the beta realms but Golden Lotus dailies weren't vanishing from my quest log back then.

Kacar

Bought the expansion. Downloaded the new patch.

When I got on I switched my balance spec to feral and it doesnt have flight form. Is this something new? My resto spec still has flight form. The druid trainer isnt showing me any spells to train.

Looked online and couldnt find any answers.

Guesong

When I got on I switched my balance spec to feral and it doesnt have flight form. Is this something new? My resto spec still has flight form. The druid trainer isnt showing me any spells to train.

Travel Form is all-encompassing now. If you can fly, it'll put you in Flight Form. If not, then Cheetah. If underwater, then Orca.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Travel forms were consolidated into a single button. Trainers no longer teach skills either, you automatically get them in your skill book when you reach the appropriate level.

Look for "Travel Form" with the hoof icon.

Kacar

Travel Form is all-encompassing now. If you can fly, it'll put you in Flight Form. If not, then Cheetah. If underwater, then Orca.

Travel forms were consolidated into a single button. Trainers no longer teach skills either, you automatically get them in your skill book when you reach the appropriate level.

Look for "Travel Form" with the hoof icon.

Thanks guys.

Kaper

What spec would be easiest for an undergeared warlock to do the green fire quest in? I've been leveling as destro, and was a bit worried with all of the people whining about the nerf, but I haven't really noticed much difference. I've still got good enough burst damage to kill most mobs, I'm just wondering if the other specs are fairing better now.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Don't they rollback the levels once they've hotfixed those spots?

People who don't get in on it would like to think so.

3 weeks later still no rollbacks. Impossible to tell on their end who 'cheated' and who did it legitimately. Could be argued that it was done legitimately, since I was just in a group with my friend as he killed mobs. Not my fault if they gave me too much xp. =)

Jag

What spec would be easiest for an undergeared warlock to do the green fire quest in? I've been leveling as destro, and was a bit worried with all of the people whining about the nerf, but I haven't really noticed much difference. I've still got good enough burst damage to kill most mobs, I'm just wondering if the other specs are fairing better now.

I just finished it about 10 minutes ago after about 1000g in repairs on a new 90 lock. I was destro and 520. I did have the heroic loom staff which helped and bought some 522 gear from shado pan assault.

I think destro is good because their is less micro managing. It's more important to focus on the mechanics on the fight than worrying about keeping buffs up.

Here is the video that helped me beat it. The Fel Hunters are the hardest part. Also use some macros and get Little Wigs!

http://youtu.be/8cRZpiNBIQA

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

There's no such thing as undergeared warlock.

You want to do Karenthad as Destro or Affliction, since you have to enslave the Pit Lord.

strafer

Maybe this has been changed a long time ago but I remember melee abilites had % attached to it..

Like...Crusader strike hits for 125 % of weapon damage etc

now it's just x and x physical..

Tamanon

Banned
Maybe this has been changed a long time ago but I remember melee abilites had % attached to it..

Yeah, I think they just changed the tooltips to show what's actually happening.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

It's just calculated for you.

Karl Hawk

Banned
With me getting gold more than getting actual loot in SoO (Personal loot, breh), I can't see myself being able to replace my ilvl 540 leather bracers to plate before WoD's release.

Oh well, I upgraded my ilvl to 559, so I'm more than ready to plow through Draenor.

lazygecko

Trying to change your keybinding habits after using the same principles for years is so awkward. I'm finally getting rid of 6 and 7, replacing them with mousewheel up and down (and adding a shift modifier to zoom the camera with them instead). Also still trying to come up with some good universal principles for where to place abilities after all the pruning. Stuff like buffs, roots, interrupts etc tend to have some universal positions for all classes (5 for interrupts for example).

I'm obsessed with upgrading my alts gears when I shouldn't be. I feel like I could get them all over 510 if I had a few weeks. I need to force myself to stop it and just get my main absolutely ready for next week. Gear wise, my main is 559 ilvl, so I'm fine with that. I can't find the motivation to finish some of the MOP achievements like "eat these foods", "read these books", etc.

Jag

Anyone use Elvui? I haven't used a skin manager in years but I like the clean look of this one. I'm rocking a basic Bartendar 4 which is easy and clean enough for me.

ampere

Anyone use Elvui? I haven't used a skin manager in years but I like the clean look of this one. I'm rocking a basic Bartendar 4 which is easy and clean enough for me.

Caution regarding ElvUI: Elv put a backdoor in an earlier version so he could send commands to clients using the package. It has since been removed since people were outraged, but just FYI I would not trust any of his addons.

Some of the story here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2jhlzv/psa_elvui_has_a_backdoor_and_how_to_remove_it/

Top Bottom