• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Anyone use Elvui? I haven't used a skin manager in years but I like the clean look of this one. I'm rocking a basic Bartendar 4 which is easy and clean enough for me.

ElvUI isn't a skin manager, it's a full package, bars, unit frames, datatext, qol sutff, etc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
iFBFYNMda3gLl.png

Seriously-Computer-Guy-Reaction-Gif.gif

StayDead

Due to the guild I'm in doing an alt run got my hands on a last minute heroic piece of tier gear for my paladin and the heirloom 2H axe. Not bad considering I was still mostly in the boosted 90 greens :p

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Blizzard likes to SAY they're all progressive and nice, but then they have stuff like this and Widowmaker. They can say whatever they want, but between stereotypes in MoP and stuff like Widowmaker.

Do they have one female character not in spandex, their midriff or boobs showing?

Not that I personally have a problem with it. Itagaki said it perfectly when he pointed out that it's not real, why wouldn't he just have these ridiculously perfect beautiful women in his games.

I like how Blizzards server control room looks like something out of a Bourne identity movie or something. They even use this site: http://map.ipviking.com/ which I always thought LOOKED neat, but didn't actually have any good information. Guess I was wrong.

They watch swifty lol.

I can't tell whose stream this is, but it looks familiar. Sodapoppin? So they are "monitoring" streams at work.

Yeah it's soda. lol

sure boss, I'm just monitoring these guys in case they see a problem before we do. winky face.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My wrath greens are far better than my cata greens after the stat squish.

I don't mean like it gives me different stats that aren't as well itemized. I mean I am literally getting more stats off this green from Storm Peaks than the one from Hyjal.

Shahadan

My wrath greens are far better than my cata greens after the stat squish.

I don't mean like it gives me different stats that aren't as well itemized. I mean I am literally getting more stats off this green from Storm Peaks than the one from Hyjal.

Yeah I noticed something like that when I was throwing old stuff away from by bank.

Haly

The stereotype bothers me less than the fact that it doesn't make sense. You had perfect communication with Pandas the moment you arrived in Pandaland. There's no linguistic barrier that would enable this kind of immigrant vendor patois.

Lazy writing is one thing, Stereotypes are another. But lazy, self-contradictory writing that uses out of context stereotyping is just a different class of "offensive" entirely.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The stereotype bothers me less than the fact that it doesn't make sense. You had perfect communication with Pandas the moment you arrived in Pandaland. There's no linguistic barrier that would enable this kind of immigrant vendor patois.

Mudmug doesn't exactly talk like all the other Pandaren. Different dialect, could be a region of Pandaria thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why do the make these mount drops so rare? I still can't even get the Raven Lord. I did get the white hawkstrider and the karazhan horse, so I should be thankful for that I guess.

Because not everyone is supposed to have them? Should be happy they don't remove them and let you stomp the instance at higher levels

StayDead

I didn't start Pandaria until 6 months ago and I barely raided but outside of the raids I feel everything about Pandaria was better than max level Cataclysm.

RPGCrazied

Pandaria is great. Nice visual style. I just hate the over a year with no new content. For someone that only does LFR every now and then, it kinda gets boring after awhile.

uzit88

Guys, might be a silly question....will I need to still install WOD when it comes despite having the 6.0.1 patch? Reason why I ask, I have an iMac with no CD/DVD drive....

Thankiee.!

RPGCrazied

Guys, might be a silly question....will I need to still install WOD when it comes despite having the 6.0.1 patch? Reason why I ask, I have an iMac with no CD/DVD drive....

Thankiee.!

No, everyone has WoD. It unlocks when you enter in a key from the box or have your account flagged by having the digital version.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Pandaria is great. Nice visual style. I just hate the over a year with no new content. For someone that only does LFR every now and then, it kinda gets boring after awhile.
I can imagine that gets boring after a while. Is there any certain reason you only do Raid Finder, because of time constraints maybe?

RPGCrazied

Rösti;138073456 said:
I can imagine that gets boring after a while. Is there any certain reason you only do Raid Finder, because of time constraints maybe?

I'm antisocial and not in a very big guild. lol

What did you guys think of the LFG documentary?

I really enjoyed it. I like getting these kinds of inside looks into the development of the game.

The server side of the documentary was really interesting as well. When he pulled out the server blade, I wondered what he was doing, but I guess they are all so redundant it doesn't matter, or maybe they were having server maintenance, OR he just DC'd all those people on the server. =)

Guesong

So who else is totally confused about what class to level first for WoD?

I've been pondering for about 4 days now and I still can't figure it out. >_>

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I've been having a hard time narrowing it down too but I settled on a relatively left-field choice of Shaman.

Fjordson

I definitely am. Still haven't been able to pick one of my five 90's to focus on.

I'm leaning towards my warlock or my fury warrior, but we'll see.

Wunder

Do we know when WoD is releasing? Is it midnight of Nov 12th Pacific (So morning of Nov 13th), or midnight Nov 13th? Don't really mind if its PST or EST, just wondering if there was the specific day out

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What did you guys think of the LFG documentary?
It wasn't unbearable I guess. At the same time it also wasn't very informative about the creation process, and it kind of idled between delving into the game's actual creation and the effect it has on people. It was like watching an hour long marketing tool that tried to present the idea of the game as inoffensively as possible.

Fjordson

Do we know when WoD is releasing? Is it midnight of Nov 12th Pacific (So morning of Nov 13th), or midnight Nov 13th? Don't really mind if its PST or EST, just wondering if there was the specific day out
It'll be the morning of November 13th / midnight of November 12th.

Not sure about the timezone. I'm on PST and it seems like I had to wait until midnight for MoP to unlock, but I could be wrong.

Tamanon

Banned
Up to 80 on the rogue. It'll be a squeeze to hit 90, but worst case it'll be Tuesday afternoon. Loving the rogue though. Figure I'll level the rogue, my Paladin and my Priest to 100 first.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I am trying SO hard to not come back to this game.

Left halfway through Pandaria after playing since Alpha...

I miss playing every now and then during slow days.

Haly

Boosted my Monk to 90 and went directly to Timeless Isle.

I feel like Windwalkers are very weak. On my Rogue, I could burn through Frogs very fast, even solo. I also had an alright time soloing some of the rare mobs. Similarly, I'm seeing other guys run around killing frogs or rare mobs cleanly and quickly. When I tried out Windwalker, though, I felt like a slightly damp noodle.

What's the deal? Do they just not have a lot of burst or are is their kit simply not suited to farming? I tried farming frogs as Brewmaster and it worked out pretty well, but I was AFK most of the time or running around tagging mobs. If I actually tried to fight frogs, I'd just risk dying.

vocab

Boosted my Monk to 90 and went directly to Timeless Isle.

I feel like Windwalkers are very weak. On my Rogue, I could burn through Frogs very fast, even solo. I also had an alright time soloing some of the rare mobs. Similarly, I'm seeing other guys run around killing frogs or rare mobs cleanly and quickly. When I tried out Windwalker, though, I felt like a slightly damp noodle.

What's the deal? Do they just not have a lot of burst or are is their kit simply not suited to farming? I tried farming frogs as Brewmaster and it worked out pretty well, but I was AFK most of the time or running around tagging mobs. If I actually tried to fight frogs, I'd just risk dying.

No. WW are not weak. I one shot/two shot frogs as a WW. Also, timeless isle buffs are key for frogs. Singing crystal/chiji buff are incredibly busted If you are in a frog group your only goal as a ww is crackling jade lightning because its instant to tag stuff.

One of the key fundamentals of the monk class is that all three classes have a ramp up time. The only one where rampup makes sense though is WW. You use tiger eye brew for increased damage. The ramp up of MW is garbage and hurts them immensely. BRM has elusive brew ramp up, but they have tools to deal with pre ramp up.

I will say this. You will not realize how strong WW's are without gear/understanding how it works. I was hitting 800k Rising sun kicks in 550 gear before the stat squish.

Also, in WoD, when you get the glyph to fist of fury on the go, you will think the class feels a lot better.

Haly

No. WW are not weak. I one shot/two shot frogs as a WW. Also, timeless isle buffs are key for frogs. Singing crystal/chiji buff are incredibly busted If you are in a frog group your only goal as a ww is crackling jade lightning because its instant to tag stuff.

One of the key fundamentals of the monk class is that all three classes have a ramp up time. The only one where rampup makes sense though is WW. You use tiger eye brew for increased damage. The ramp up of MW is garbage and hurts them immensely. BRM has elusive brew ramp up, but they have tools to deal with pre ramp up.

I will say this. You will not realize how strong WW's are without gear/understanding how it works. I was hitting 800k Rising sun kicks in 550 gear before the stat squish.

Also, in WoD, when you get the glyph to fist of fury on the go, you will think the class feels a lot better.
Okay, cool. I really don't understand the spec at all because I leveled as BM, so thanks for the reassurance. I'll keep at it.

Top Bottom