• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

mileS

Fists on the move? Thats awesome! Is that one of the perks you get while leveling? I'm sure that makes it feel a hell of a lot better. Would be nice to be able to cast it without a target too, but maybe thats asking too much. I need to read up on all the perks each class is getting. Is there a list anywhere? *edit* missed the part where you said it was a glyph

WW are great. Just not a fan of building up the tiger brew. Especially in pvp when you can so easily be cc'ed when you finally pop it. Makes sense to save your trinket or nimble brew for those moments, but I hate the mechanic overall.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's something that I don't understand.
Improved Slice and Dice: Slice and Dice is now always passively active.
Assassination perk in WoD. Basically means Assassination watches poisons and bleeds and combat watches more of their slice and dice procs since they have instant poison now and removed rupture.

Ok. This is a perk. So the entire time you're leveling an assassination rogue, they're teaching you how important slice and dice is. How it's core to your DPS. Then you hit 92 or whatever, and they're like 'ok you never need to hit the button again.' ...Why not just make it passive from the start?! The whole point of leveling now, to me, is to learn the rotation one by one instead of just looking it up and sorting every ability at once.

Like, who thought this up? Maintaining SnD isn't a problem because of Envenom, but your brain is trained to apply it right at the start. And then Blizzard just says, 'nah you don't have to anymore after this level.' I mean, I'm happy with the perk itself, but I don't understand why it's not just a passive starting at level 10 in the assassination spec.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
You don't need to "get in" as long as you're online at 12:00 you can go to Draenor! :>

Being able to quest and do things for the first few days is usually ridiculous. People have been saying there isn't a lot of bottle necks like that until Shadowmoon Valley, but after 4 expansions I never expect much at all vis a vis being able to play right when it launches.

Atlantis

Like, who thought this up? Maintaining SnD isn't a problem because of Envenom, but your brain is trained to apply it right at the start. And then Blizzard just says, 'nah you don't have to anymore after this level.' I mean, I'm happy with the perk itself, but I don't understand why it's not just a passive starting at level 10 in the assassination spec.

I wouldn't be surprised if that exact thing happened next expansion. Seems every expansion Blizzard gives very crucial spells to specs near the new cap, but them lowers them drastically for the next expansion.

Of course these are "Draenor Perks" instead of new spells, but I don't think that will make a huge difference.

Since it seems liken it's gonna be midnight PST I'm gonna have to be up at 3 -_-

Which is a fairly big disadvantage compared to west coast peeps, but I guess I can just nap for awhile and brew up some coffee before then.

My guild's mumble is gonna be crazy. Easily 100+ people.

I've returned to the game after a near 2 year hiatus. Man things are different lol.

Boosted a fresh Dwarf Mage to 90. I've gotten to ilvl 523 and have my Heroic Garrosh heirloom staff. I am ready for Warlords! Taking a gaming holiday Wednesday.

Doubt I will really get to play WoD until 6pm Friday, bothers me a little but as I am then working away Mon-Fri the following week I have accepted I am going to be behind the rest of the guild.

Decided to take a little break until WoD and play a single player game last night, 1 mission in and I was just sitting there thinking about whether I should start levelling a Shaman/Rogue/Pally for fun. Damn A.D.D gaming.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
First Stonecore attempt of the day and i get the mount, yay!
XOHX6Ws.jpg

Guesong

It saddens me.

I just want to love the Monk. Teal is my favorite color. They bring alot of fresh ideas in all aspects. I love Soothing Mist as a filler-heal that interacts with other heals. I love the Stagger mechanic despite Brewmaster being in a real iffy situation right now.

But...the icons are incoherent. Call me OCD, but dammit, if I play an Undead Monk, why am I seeing a freakin' Panda Paw on the Tiger Palm icon. Why am I seeing Pandas on alot of their icons? Why am I forced to use the monk casting animations that can look real awful on a Tauren?

It's like they designed the whole class around the Monk being a Panda. Which is...to be expected, since the class originates from Pandaria. But I cannot play the class without being reminded of Pandas. I want to finally move away from it, as good as MoP was gameplay wise.

I hate it, but I love it.

vocab

It saddens me.

I just want to love the Monk. Teal is my favorite color. They bring alot of fresh ideas in all aspects. I love Soothing Mist as a filler-heal that interacts with other heals. I love the Stagger mechanic despite Brewmaster being in a real iffy situation right now.

But...the icons are incoherent. Call me OCD, but dammit, if I play an Undead Monk, why am I seeing a freakin' Panda Paw on the Tiger Palm icon. Why am I seeing Pandas on alot of their icons? Why am I forced to use the monk casting animations that can look real awful on a Tauren?

It's like they designed the whole class around the Monk being a Panda. Which is...to be expected, since the class originates from Pandaria. But I cannot play the class without being reminded of Pandas. I want to finally move away from it, as good as MoP was gameplay wise.

I hate it, but I love it.

Did you really think

Tauren.jpg

+
PLvrh2m.gif

was going to work?

Guesong

Did you really think

cairne

+
keanu reeves

was going to work?

It could have!

Just not with a fighting style that depicts fluidity and fluffy moves. I could see a Tauren hand-to-handing with a very fierce, one-hit-wrecks-you visual style.

The class animations looks weird on anything other than a medium human build and below. The moment you have muscles or broad shoulders it's like yeaaaahh no he wouldn't fight like this.

iirate

It could have!

Just not with a fighting style that depicts fluidity and fluffy moves. I could see a Tauren hand-to-handing with a very fierce, one-hit-wrecks-you visual style.

The class animations looks weird on anything other than a medium human build and below. The moment you have muscles or broad shoulders it's like yeaaaahh no he wouldn't fight like this.

I actually thought the animations looked wonderful on my female tauren monk. I haven't been active on her since the model update, but I really liked how the fighting style translated to a tauren.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Personally, I'm of the opinion that they let far too many races be Monks. I get why, but the majority of them feel completely out of place as a Monk. You make the argument about muscles and it looking silly, but I see a blood elf or undead monk and think, 'Why is this bag of bones using their fists when they have no muscle to support it?' And then there's things like Draenei and Tauren with hooves that just makes me think there's no way they could balance while doing the monk fighting style.

antonz

After using it a few raids now. Personal Loot option blows. 2 Full SOO clears this week I got gold on every single boss. Only 1 piece of gear I got from using a warforged coin. Totally unacceptable. Id rather lose rolls to competition at least I had a shot at least.
Personal Loot really seems like a stupid option. It doesn't allow for off spec or anything though in WOD off spec wont matter

After using it a few raids now. Personal Loot option blows. 2 Full SOO clears this week I got gold on every single boss. Only 1 piece of gear I got from using a warforged coin. Totally unacceptable. Id rather lose rolls to competition at least I had a shot at least.
Personal Loot really seems like a stupid option. It doesn't allow for off spec or anything though in WOD off spec wont matter

It evens out in the end. You only got gold from bosses, which could have just been no gear dropping that you could use on regular. It's very handy for PUGs since it entirely eliminates third parties coming between you and your loot, thus ending loot drama.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
There have been bosses where I get two drops and then roll for a third. Bad rng is bad, but good rng is good. It's all even.

vocab

Ya, it sucks. Getting stuff I dont need is a huge bummer, and I rather have 100% loot chance and give it to the people who need it.

10 man loot was horrible, but when you are doing 20+ for heroic like I am and going to mythic, you get so much loot that personal loot becomes kind of a joke.

I work later in the day on the 13th, so I'm going to stay up between 2-4 AM, get up around 10 or 11 AM, and play WOD for 3 hours or so before I go to work. I don't rush expansions either. Don't see the point. I'll never be one of those "world's first" types.

Shahadan

Leveling for the first time is the best part, I won't rush either, although I'm apparently rather fast to do it anyway.
I was 90 in two days and I only skipped Krasarang Wilds to have something new to do on my alt.

Each dungeon once to do the quests and that's it. I'll have many opportunities to get sick of them later.
I don't know what I'll do about pets though, maybe keep that for an alt to not screw up the leveling xp.

ampere

I don't even have a job and I'm not even going go hard with leveling. Whats the point.

I enjoy it. Plus we are all trying to get geared up for raids since we only raid 2 nights a week we want to get a good gear advantage to start off.

vocab

I enjoy it. Plus we are all trying to get geared up for raids since we only raid 2 nights a week we want to get a good gear advantage to start off.

We cut our raid nights down to 3 days a week with less hours simply because the guild was raiding like a top 5 guild, when they don't have the quality of players that was required.

I'll get the gear needed for raids. The only advantage to rushing is maybe getting ahead on apex crystals. That's about it. I expect everyone in my guild to have the ring on day 1 for highmaul and full heroic dungeon gear. The crafted gear will take forever. people will have one piece or just buy them all when they come on ah.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Surprised, they actually edited in Vol'jin for the Cataclysm quests as Warchief. Didn't expect that.

and that totally fucks up my timelines.

Daniel R

Right, I forgot that EU is getting WoD before NA.
2 days 5 hours 27 minutes until I log into my 10 lvl 90 alts to start saving up rested experience on them.

After that I will take my main mage through the intro quests before I go to bed. Have thursday and friday off work to rush to lvl 100.

Top Bottom