• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

mileS

Druids do seem really plentiful while leveling. I've also noticed that they hit like TRUCKS. Even at low levels where Heirlooms make everything a joke, it's astounding how fast things die when there's a Feral Druid in the party.
I think guardian druids actually do more damage at lower levels. As a tank I would get 70% of the damage done all the way up until level 50. Mind that you have to consider they have a spammable aoe cleave and most other classes have to wait a while for their good aoe tools. Even with that aside druids do insane damage compared to anything else right now leveling up. Lots of fun.

StayDead

What are you guys choosing as professions now that they removed most if not all profession unique perks?

Druid: Engineering and Jewelcrafting. I've done them since TBC and I'm not changing.
Mage: Engineering and Mining. Same deal as above.
Rogue: Herbalism and Alchemy. Had them since WoTLK.
Paladin: Inscription and Enchanting. They're both max due to the 60+ boost.
Priest: Tailoring and Blacksmithing. Since I don't have them on anything else
Hunter or whatever other class becomes my new alt: Leatherworking and Skinning as I don't have them yet.

Atlantis

I think guardian druids actually do more damage at lower levels. As a tank I would get 70% of the damage done all the way up until level 50. Mind that you have to consider they have a spammable aoe cleave and most other classes have to wait a while for their good aoe tools. Even with that aside druids do insane damage compared to anything else right now leveling up. Lots of fun.

I agree, a few Swipes and an entire elite pull dies, it's hilarious.

I meant both by Feral Druids though, having to specify between the two specs is still something I need to get used to.

Magnus

I wish the game was harder all the way up to 90. Not longer, or more of a grind. More difficult.

That's part of why everyone hates the long-ass grind from 1 all the way to cap these days; it's fairly fucking mindless, especially if you're in 5mans. I wish there were options for far more difficult and challenging gameplay, but which rewarded vastly increased levelling speed.

Like, take on this solo or 5-man challenge that's on par with CM 5man difficulty, or the Warlock Green Fire quest, but if you win, you all instantly gain a level, or something.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What are you guys choosing as professions now that they removed most if not all profession unique perks?
I'm gonna continue with mining and tailoring on my warrior. Mining so I can get materials to craft plate armor, and tailoring so I can craft capes and cloth armor for the guild.

I wish the game was harder all the way up to 90. Not longer, or more of a grind. More difficult.

Agreed. The dungeons are maybe a bit on the easy side, which I'm sort of OK with. What I really miss are the group quests that were possibly soloable by good players, or creative use of abilities/mechanics. You rarely even run into elite mobs leveling any more.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I pull bigger and bigger groups while danjun grinding to challenge myself.

I just want to spin2win.

Fjordson

This is probably a shot in the dark, but does anyone here play Alliance on Sargeras? I'm trying to buy a normal Garrosh carry this weekend (already got heroic) for a 556 heirloom. Will pay a couple thousand easy. Been looking for one in trade, but everyone is just selling heroic kills. If anyone happens to be on Sarg PM me!
One last quick bump. Easy 5k brehs.

Atlantis

There's a ?? NPC at a Horde camp in the middle of Badlands and Alliance have a quest right near there. Ran past on my mount and suddenly got one shot. It flagged me so now I'm sitting as a ghost waiting and I notice there's a field of Alliance skeletons in the area.

KXzWs.gif

Mordeccai

So I just boosted a blood DK. In my entire wow career I have only ever healed or DPS'd, and after watching a few videos and reading a bunch of material on DK's I'm still pretty confused.

I guess it will just take time for me to get used to everything but I can't seem to find a way to intuitively key bind stuff and there are so many defensive cool downs to worry about.

Does anybody have any general advice? I think mostly I just need to play the class tonight in some heroics or something and become familiar with melee.

StayDead

So I got so close to getting enough tickets over 7 characters that I almost had enough for one of the mounts and 5 of the pets I want. Time to wait a month.

Fjordson

Goddamn. Trying to buy a normal Garrosh kill in trade and I just keep getting whispers like "you can buy heroic for that much!"

I already have the heroic heirloom, want the second for fury, Leave me alone =[

Goddamn. Trying to buy a normal Garrosh kill in trade and I just keep getting whispers like "you can buy heroic for that much!"

I already have the heroic heirloom, want the second for fury, Leave me alone =[

Now that they removed the number of times someone has killed a raid boss from armory, how can you tell if a raid "seller" is legit? Been thinking of buying a heroic run for the heirloom. Not sure I want to take the risk.

Peachpies

Now that they removed the number of times someone has killed a raid boss from armory, how can you tell if a raid "seller" is legit? Been thinking of buying a heroic run for the heirloom. Not sure I want to take the risk.
you can look at their achievements or find their character on a site like wowprogress though stuff like wowprogress can be messed up if the character transferred

vocab

So I just boosted a blood DK. In my entire wow career I have only ever healed or DPS'd, and after watching a few videos and reading a bunch of material on DK's I'm still pretty confused.

I guess it will just take time for me to get used to everything but I can't seem to find a way to intuitively key bind stuff and there are so many defensive cool downs to worry about.

Does anybody have any general advice? I think mostly I just need to play the class tonight in some heroics or something and become familiar with melee.

This is my setup for Blood. Scraping my ui come raiding in wod starts. Some of the key bindings are funky, but it's something i'm used to. I use every button. ` is my ams. The only thing id change is SQ being a button. I personally dislike using this button. Don't mind asphyxiate and unholy blight. I was pvping, and trying some silly shit. Ya, my healthstones are unbound, that's bad. I dont tank raids and only roll blood solo most of the time so I never have them.

I click army because army is army. We dont have to channel it anymore woo.

The biggest thing you need to learn as blood is the dk resource system. Runic power is straight forward, but the runesystem is the most complex resource system compared to every class. The rune track i have on my unit frames is no optimal at all, and it's only there to see if I'm runestarved or not.

For tracking, there's really not much to track. Bone shield, your defensive, your diseases/soul reaper. Remember snap threat/getting threat before your diseases first is pretty important come wod. If you don't have outbreak ready it's better to get aggro via blood boil or dnd as fast as possible, and start getting the blood shields rolling.

Fjordson

Definitely have to be careful, but from my experience guilds on your server who actually have experience tend to be legit. I bought a heroic carry on my warlock from one of the top PvE guilds on my server for 5K and it went super smooth, took like 10 minutes. If it's just some random individual selling carries as opposed to a guild then yeah, definitely be wary.

Sadly it seems like nobody is selling normal Garrrosh. I need that second fury axe!

edit: oh damn, my cousin came through. Snuck me into his group because he was on his 588 tank lol. Sweet!

Anyone know of an addon that will let me stick big numbers for various stats on my screen?

I'm looking for something that will basically let me put Health %, Mana %, and stack #s for certain buffs right in the middle of my screen, without the clutter of the icons and other art assets.

notworksafe

Not sure what professions to get boosted on my Priest. On various toons I've got all the gathering professions, Enchanting, Tailoring, and Engineering at max.

I was thinking of going JC and Inscription but I'm not sure if those will be useful for much. I figured if nothing else I could save myself some gold from having to buy stuff on the AH.

Anyone know of an addon that will let me stick big numbers for various stats on my screen?

I'm looking for something that will basically let me put Health %, Mana %, and stack #s for certain buffs right in the middle of my screen, without the clutter of the icons and other art assets.

Weakauras can basically do anything, to my knowledge. I'm no WA guru but the variety of stuff people have made with that addon convinces me it can literally do everything. It's not easy to learn on your own, but there are tons of people who put out strings to import and from there I usually just tweak it to my liking.

Basically at this point I could play all my characters with nothing but Grid, Clique, and WA. I wouldn't need regular unit frames or even an action bar. All relevant CDs are tracked by WA and all my keybinds are through Clique or Bartender for those that don't need a mouseover. And Weakauras is really doing all the heavy lifting.

Artanisix

I settled for Shaman because:

-They're fun
-Resto is pretty good and I prefer healers
-Transmog sets look good
-Bloodlust is extremely useful for when I start taking challenge modes seriously; looking to make a CM group for CM sales down the line
-Zug zug

antonz

Really eager for this expansion compared to the last two for some reason. I didn't even play cataclysm for the first 9 months or so. I jumped into Pandaria right away but got turned off after a few months until about 6 months ago when I came back.

Time played a factor but I used to be incredibly hardcore. Was a Member of Death and Taxes when it was a world class guild and a few other pretty impressive guilds over the years

WOD has me really excited though and I have been more excited than my usual friends who are big on wow though one is really grumpy over the lack of his Tier shoulders not showing up on the BMAH in 2 years.

Artanisix

Really eager for this expansion compared to the last two for some reason. I didn't even play cataclysm for the first 9 months or so. I jumped into Pandaria right away but got turned off after a few months until about 6 months ago when I came back.

Time played a factor but I used to be incredibly hardcore. Was a Member of Death and Taxes when it was a world class guild and a few other pretty impressive guilds over the years

WOD has me really excited though and I have been more excited than my usual friends who are big on wow though one is really grumpy over the lack of his Tier shoulders not showing up on the BMAH in 2 years.

i'm excited that i'll be able to run lich king on 9 characters a week instead of just 5

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Been chain running dungeons all day. My brain is mush.

I'm still not 60 yet wtf Blizzard.

Considering I don't know too much about progression in this game yet I felt I had a pretty ok weekend playing and just chilling out with blizzcon on my second monitor. Was just focusing on getting my iLvl up a bit to make WoD a bit easier.

Finished SoO LFR.
Got a free Heroic Garry kill and got my 2H Axe(DK)
Farmed charms to upgrade 5 pieces of gear to 4/4
Ran a few BG's to replace my lowest level piece(515 ring) with a Prideful 550 ring.
Finished up at 543iLvl.

Unless theres something quick and simple I can do before WoD I think that might be it until it releases. Not much point trying to cram in another SoO run after reset when WoD gear will replace it pretty quickly.

vocab

Considering I don't know too much about progression in this game yet I felt I had a pretty ok weekend playing and just chilling out with blizzcon on my second monitor. Was just focusing on getting my iLvl up a bit to make WoD a bit easier.

Finished SoO LFR.
Got a free Heroic Garry kill and got my 2H Axe(DK)
Farmed charms to upgrade 5 pieces of gear to 4/4
Ran a few BG's to replace my lowest level piece(515 ring) with a Prideful 550 ring.
Finished up at 543iLvl.

Unless theres something quick and simple I can do before WoD I think that might be it until it releases. Not much point trying to cram in another SoO run after reset when WoD gear will replace it pretty quickly.

If you did the blasted lands quest, and did ubrs...you are pretty much good to go.

Ultratech

Been leveling my Shaman because...I don't really have much else to do.

A couple things I've noticed:
-Wrath content still feels kinda slow-ish. A bit faster than before, but not much.
-The item squish appears to have squished the massive jump in power to Cata content; like I'd usually have a little trouble at Hyjal, but the enemies there were like nothing had changed.
-Blasted through Cata content. Farthest I got was Deepholm. Pretty crazy.
-Gear upgrades seem...almost insignificant to some extent. Like the "upgrades" I'm getting offer hardly any extra stats if any. Improvements are like +1-2 at a time.
(With how this is applied to lower-leveled content, things get weird; like I had a cloak from BC that was quite better than most Wrath cloaks I saw.)
-They appeared to have lowered or removed the ilvl requirements for a lot of dungeons. Still can't do some dungeons until you've unlocked them though (Frozen Halls/End Time stuffs).

There are a few places poppin up where level 1s get 100% of the xp from like, level 80-90 stuff.

I got summoned to Molten Front offensive and got 2 level 70s in about an hour.

Goddamn!

(Now I feel bad.)

Been leveling my Shaman because...I don't really have much else to do.

A couple things I've noticed:
-Wrath content still feels kinda slow-ish. A bit faster than before, but not much.
Yeah, Wrath is where my characters usually get stuck when I'm leveling. It's a pretty big drag.

-Gear upgrades seem...almost insignificant to some extent. Like the "upgrades" I'm getting offer hardly any extra stats if any. Improvements are like +1-2 at a time.
Itemization is little wonky still, but I actually liked this because now gear lasts into the following expansion instead of dragging your character down until you get that massive power leap from new gear. Like, if I bring mid-BC dungeon blues into an early Wrath dungeon, it's not as big a blight on my character's effectiveness as it used to be.

Top Bottom