• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Shahadan

I really don't like when people look at healing numbers as if they were dps numbers. Healing is finite. Someone in my group was kicked because he did only 12% healing.
Well of course with 4 healers when we need only 3 and most of the raid is fully healed for the majority of the fight.

Also when one of the healers is doing almost 40% of healing by himself because he's overgeared I don't think comparing first and last is a good idea but whatever.
Sometimes I wish dps/heal meters never existed.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Fucking imp man, what a fight
Guild cleared all bosses pretty easily on hc but imp gave us trouble, then some people had to leave and we were sooo close on that last attempt, brought him down to 23m hp and then something went wrong
I also stepped on a mine which I swear spawned right beneath me very close the end

Think they will do it again tomorrow but I won't be able to attend which means I won't get that stupid curve achievement unless I do it with a random group which is extremely unlikely

I can't even imagine what a nightmare he must be on mythic

I've seen the fight on Mythic through Youtube videos. And trust me, it is more difficult.

There is one interesting stuff about it, but for your sake, I won't spoil it for you. :)

vocab

I really don't like when people look at healing numbers as if they were dps numbers. Healing is finite. Someone in my group was kicked because he did only 12% healing.
Well of course with 4 healers when we need only 3 and most of the raid is fully healed for the majority of the fight.

Also when one of the healers is doing almost 40% of healing by himself because he's overgeared I don't think comparing first and last is a good idea but whatever.
Sometimes I wish dps/heal meters never existed.

HPS means nothing when you can pad HPS just like dps. Also, if no ones taking damage when theres 4 healers someone is gonna be bottom. People who complain about this have never healed a day in their life.

JSoup

Banned
So the heirloom mount doesn't require you get all heirlooms, just 35 of them. I wonder how much leeway that leaves...

A LOT.
Just between gearing three alts, I have 28 heirlooms. That's not counting my SoO weapons and the fact that I've yet to get the int mail set, the Brawler's Guild weapons, the various other heirlooms that are only somewhat useful and the fishing trinkets. If you've been building a collection for years and are missing any, it'll be a small investment to get the rest.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
A LOT.
Just between gearing three alts, I have 28 heirlooms. That's not counting my SoO weapons and the fact that I've yet to get the int mail set, the Brawler's Guild weapons, the various other heirlooms that are only somewhat useful and the fishing trinkets. If you've been building a collection for years and are missing any, it'll be a small investment to get the rest.

And you get a Mekgineers chopper for all your trouble.

Meanwhile, fork over 25$ and a cool ass mount is yours.

A LOT.

Yeah I have helm/shoulders/back/chest/legs for every spec except for Holy Pally and have weapons and trinkets for most roles.

ZenaxPure

Yeah I have helm/shoulders/back/chest/legs for every spec except for Holy Pally and have weapons and trinkets for most roles.

Pretty much, I am too lazy to count mine but I know I have every pve piece for every armor type and all of the pve weapons. I have a few pvp pieces as well. I think the only obvious stuff I am missing is some of the trinkets, but, either way I should be really close to being done when the patch drops.

cdyhybrid

Any Hunters here? What pets should I tame on my Hunter alt? Looking to have the 5 best pets to cover as many buffs/raid utilities as I can. I'm BM at the moment (just got to Draenor) so exotic pets are fine, but I might switch to another spec at 100, so ideally I have replacements for those exotic pets.

Also, what are the best PVP pets? Spiders?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any Hunters here? What pets should I tame on my Hunter alt? Looking to have the 5 best pets to cover as many buffs/raid utilities as I can. I'm BM at the moment (just got to Draenor) so exotic pets are fine, but I might switch to another spec at 100, so ideally I have replacements for those exotic pets.

Spore bat spell haste no 1 because spriests and ele shaman are always the thing your raid doesn't seem to have

ampere

Did the Highmaul achievements today, mostly easy but the Brackenspore one was time consuming. Only people with the flamethrower can work on it and we had some people who struggled with getting 15 stacks. I got it quickly, but to get the achievement for 13 people it took 2 hours ><

The two I get specific requests for the most are Quilen because they have a battle rez and core hounds for lusting in that rare instance you find yourself in a party without one. The spore bat recommendation is interesting. Never been asked if I have one of those. I do have a water strider for the 10% spell buff plus 5% crit though if they want a little loving (but I'm generally never asked). Otherwise I have a wolf and wind serpent on me.

Not sure about PvP anymore. Used to like silithids for tendon rip on the rare occasion I ran into TB. Barely bothered to PvP since.

Mythic Imperator's concept pisses me off. The original reason for LFR was so casuals could experience the lore. Then, for whatever reason, they lock a major plot point (which is hinted at in every difficulty of Highmaul) behind mythic where they're not only cutting casuals off from seeing it, but 95% of raiders too.

TheYanger

Mythic Imperator's concept pisses me off. The original reason for LFR was so casuals could experience the lore. Then, for whatever reason, they lock a major plot point (which is hinted at in every difficulty of Highmaul) behind mythic where they're not only cutting casuals off from seeing it, but 95% of raiders too.

People keep saying that, but it's really a stretch to call cho'gall coming in and instantly dying much of a plot point. Sinestra and Algalon were WAY bigger. Heck, Ra-den was WAY bigger.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Literally nothing in this world matters. The fate of spin-off Cho'gall is meaningless.

People keep saying that, but it's really a stretch to call cho'gall coming in and instantly dying much of a plot point. Sinestra and Algalon were WAY bigger. Heck, Ra-den was WAY bigger.

Casuals and people who don't follow lore closely never heard of any of those before they came out. Yeah they're considered bigger threats in lore, but the only one I ever seen or heard of outside the raids they're in was Sinestra who appears doing Netherwing rep in Outland.

Literally nothing in this world matters. The fate of spin-off Cho'gall is meaningless.

Hey man I'm horde and seeing Admiral Taylor made me sad.

TheYanger

Casuals and people who don't follow lore closely never heard of any of those before they came out. Yeah they're considered bigger threats in lore, but the only one I ever seen or heard of outside the raids they're in was Sinestra who appears doing Netherwing rep in Outland.

Hey man I'm horde and seeing Admiral Taylor made me sad.

Not having heard of them means you don't give a shit about the lore in the first place though, there's a lot going on in the games that they directly relate to. Cho'gall in highmaul is entirely self contained garbage.

If you want to see REAL cho'gall, go to BoT back in Twilight Highlands, that guy is super important. This one was just an armpit stain.

(All 'you's in this post are the royal you, not directed specifically at anyone, but at people who claim to be lore afficionados that somehow are more upset over this literal nothing than shit like Algalon or Ra-den blows my mind).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I switched my DPS spec from arms to fury and that's one hell of a jump. Numbers that took a lot of effort in arms are a joke in fury. It's depressing as hell, arms needs overpower back. I feel like a god as fury, it's just not fair how good it is compared to arms.

dimb

So I switched my DPS spec from arms to fury and that's one hell of a jump. Numbers that took a lot of effort in arms are a joke in fury. It's depressing as hell, arms needs overpower back. I feel like a god as fury, it's just not fair how good it is compared to arms.
Arms is the best DPS choice for almost all current raid encounters. It's better at low gear levels and it's better at high gear levels. After the mastery buff it could even keep decent pace with Fury on single target (which is why they had to tone back their buff a little bit).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Arms is the best DPS choice for almost all current raid encounters. It's better at low gear levels and it's better at high gear levels. After the mastery buff it could even keep decent pace with Fury on single target (which is why they had to tone back their buff a little bit).

No shit? I saw a pretty decent jump in my numbers when I tried out fury today though. It feels a lot more forgiving too. I mean I can hit the same numbers in arms, it just feels harder to do than with fury.

dimb

No shit? I saw a pretty decent jump in my numbers when I tried out fury today though. It feels a lot more forgiving too. I mean I can hit the same numbers in arms, it just feels harder to do than with fury.
Fury feels much more natural to me. Arms will have its rotation slightly mixed up when 6.1 comes in, and Slam will become the optimal talent choice for single target situations.

Not having heard of them means you don't give a shit about the lore in the first place though, there's a lot going on in the games that they directly relate to. Cho'gall in highmaul is entirely self contained garbage.

If you want to see REAL cho'gall, go to BoT back in Twilight Highlands, that guy is super important. This one was just an armpit stain.

(All 'you's in this post are the royal you, not directed specifically at anyone, but at people who claim to be lore afficionados that somehow are more upset over this literal nothing than shit like Algalon or Ra-den blows my mind).

The "pisses me off" was more about me being ticked off from my raid tonight. Still don't like how you see him in Frostfire Ridge, you see him in Nagrand, you see him in Highmaul, and then never know what happens to him. Algalon was before Blizzard changed their raid philosophy. Ra-den probably gets mentioned (or at least hinted) at some point in the Thundering Isle quests which I admit not doing them all, but doing ToT LFR and not seeing anything even mention him, left me satisfied with the raid because I had no emotional investment (take this phrase however you want) to him.

Renekton

The "pisses me off" was more about me being ticked off from my raid tonight. Still don't like how you see him in Frostfire Ridge, you see him in Nagrand, you see him in Highmaul, and then never know what happens to him. Algalon was before Blizzard changed their raid philosophy. Ra-den probably gets mentioned (or at least hinted) at some point in the Thundering Isle quests which I admit not doing them all, but doing ToT LFR and not seeing anything even mention him, left me satisfied with the raid because I had no emotional investment (take this phrase however you want) to him.
I think Algalon was only hinted as well, by one of the bosses.

Singleplayer games do this stuff all the time anyways, locking away true ending away from the non-dedicated despite hinting/showcasing the plot elements during the gameplay.

Son1x

Random heroics as a healer without a lot of gear can be a huge pain, I feel you. You'll get lots of tanks who don't use any active mitigation too... smh.

My ilvl is actualy 650, so it isn't that low. But when everyone is standing in fire/electricity or something and getting 30k per tick, theres not much I can do. Grimrail especially with all the hazards.

So I queued for it again, as thats the only quest item I needed to continue my legendary quest and I got a surprisingly solid group. We wiped once or twice, but we were pulling whole wagons. They all had DPS between 15k and 22k, which is about twice as much as yesterdays group.

TomServo

So I queued for it again, as thats the only quest item I needed to continue my legendary quest and I got a surprisingly solid group. We wiped once or twice, but we were pulling whole wagons. They all had DPS between 15k and 22k, which is about twice as much as yesterdays group.

We love to act like DPS is expendable, but once the tanks and healers get geared the execution of the DPS role becomes the limiting factor.

The only difference I could see when I killed Imp on normal vs. wiping to him was that every single one of the DPS was over 20K, as opposed to hanging out in the low teens. As a tank I was still going through cool downs and timing active mitigation, so it didn't feel like we were carried by the other tank and the healers.

Been casually mount farming since I re-subbed. I'd only been trying for Raven Lord before I quit during mid-Pandara

After probably running 250+ times for Raven Lord, he finally dropped a few days ago.

Then the next day Vitreous Drake and Ashes of Alar dropped - both after only about ~10 runs...woooooooot horseshoe up my ass can't stop won't stop

Draxal

I really don't like this time traveling nonsense.

I mean we know of Original Maraad dying, but nothing of WoD Maraad. Is there a WoD Maraad, what is happening to him at all?

Then again it's wow lore, so I really should just enjoy the ride.

ZenaxPure

Isn't there suppose to be another Diablo 3 expansion coming?

They've never mentioned another one, but, everyone just assumed there would be.

Anyway, just a rumor obviously but I don't think anything in it is too crazy sounding. Hell I'd already figure the D3 team was gutted at the rate content comes out for that game :p

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't trust it. Something about using very strong terms like 'gutted' for a team that from all outward appearances launched a huge success for Blizzard and saying a new WoW expansion is feature complete when they still don't seem to have anything past BRF in the present expansion to show players yet.

If BRF lasts until June-ish, and then 6.2 is a final raid that lasts until 7.0, I could see that happening.

I wouldn't like it, but whatever.

If BRF lasts until June-ish, and then 6.2 is a final raid that lasts until 7.0, I could see that happening.

I wouldn't like it, but whatever.

I'd like another 8 boss raid after BRF
Mirror Karazhan that we go into to recover artifacts to help Khadgar kill Gul'dan
that drops in May + Tanaan, then a final 16 boss raid in July that will tide us over until December for next expansion.

Do it.

Calling 6.1 a major content patch is super generous of you.

Well yeah, that's kinda my point. 'Tanaan Jungle is the final zone and houses the final raid tier for WoD' would drive people insane and then the discussion would be 'well think of all the sub time you didn't have to pay for!' versus 'I paid fifty bucks for this!'

Maybe their vision is so clouded that they wouldn't foresee the backlash but it's stretching the limits of credibility to say a team that held back an entire raid tier and didn't ship Tanaan Jungle or an entire race's remodel at launch is already done with the next expansion's featureset.

aristotle

Majorly LTTP: but I'm finally coming back into WoW after a 2 year hiatus. Should I gear up my current main toon or start a new one and get it to the appropriate level? I ask because I've never really gotten my skills up to the 600 area that they give you now for autoupgrading.

Majorly LTTP: but I'm finally coming back into WoW after a 2 year hiatus. Should I gear up my current main toon or start a new one and get it to the appropriate level? I ask because I've never really gotten my skills up to the 600 area that they give you now for autoupgrading.

Do you still want to play the class your existing character represents? If so and they're over level 60 you can just retrain their professions to whatever you want, and then use the level 90 boost that comes with WoD, which should boost those professions to 600.

You might find it kind of frustrating to level a character from 1-90 in the current environment unless you aren't in a hurry to experience the WoD content.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
My guess is tanaan jungle is just going to be a huge timeless isle grind and houses the last raid that comes in 6.4. 6.3 will be the jungle and probably has gear equivalent to LFR BRF.

6.4 is the final raid and we get the next expansion in September of next year.

aristotle

Do you still want to play the class your existing character represents? If so and they're over level 60 you can just retrain their professions to whatever you want, and then use the level 90 boost that comes with WoD, which should boost those professions to 600.

You might find it kind of frustrating to level a character from 1-90 in the current environment unless you aren't in a hurry to experience the WoD content.

Well when I last played I was max level and I play it mostly solo anyway. My server sucks :(

I was definitely leaning more towards the lvl 90 boost though since getting the professions up to 600 will save a lot of time and materials. And I love my main. Which is why I have never really played another class/race :( I think I'm doing it wrong :p

JSoup

Banned
On the topic of expansions, I've always thought that a content fixing expansion would be a good idea. Like, know how they say adding flying to Silvermoon would cost a raid tier? I say go for it. Make an expansion this is nothing but all the piddly shit people keep asking for with a few busybody things to keep people occupied while all the fixing is going on. It'll be a cheap one that moves fast, maybe a $20 expansion that will be two or three patches long and cover all of the summer.

Mordeccai

I would not buy an expansion like that, even for $20. An expansion full of hotfixes and corrections of minor irritations? They could fuck right off charging for that. I honestly don't see them expending any sort of major time into something like that, it's been absent for so long and such a minor issue that their resources are better spent on new content most likely.

Top Bottom