• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Just lost a 96% Highmaul Garrison mission

ZaPdZww.gif

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I would not buy an expansion like that, even for $20. An expansion full of hotfixes and corrections of minor irritations? They could fuck right off charging for that. I honestly don't see them expending any sort of major time into something like that, it's been absent for so long and such a minor issue that their resources are better spent on new content most likely.

They should do kickstarters for each feature and people pay money for what they want to be made outside of the dev cycle.

ZenaxPure

My guess is tanaan jungle is just going to be a huge timeless isle grind and houses the last raid that comes in 6.4. 6.3 will be the jungle and probably has gear equivalent to LFR BRF.

6.4 is the final raid and we get the next expansion in September of next year.

I actually do wonder what the patch cycle will be like this expansion. BRF will probably last a few months so I wonder if they plan to make 6.2 another 6.1 type patch or if 6.2 will come later and be the next raid tier + other shit that usually comes with a new raid tier.

I would not buy an expansion like that, even for $20. An expansion full of hotfixes and corrections of minor irritations? They could fuck right off charging for that. I honestly don't see them expending any sort of major time into something like that, it's been absent for so long and such a minor issue that their resources are better spent on new content most likely.

It doesn't make much sense anyway really, why would you sacrifice content to fix old stuff and then sell it as an expansion. Even if they wanted to waste time fixing a lot of minor annoyances it would be better suited to a patch.

Apt101

I think I'm going to cancel until the next big patch, but I'm afraid I'll miss out on some sweet Highmaul garrison gear... and all those crystals and resources....

OK, maybe not.

Renekton

Normal Imperator: >40 tries with various pugs but never down once.
Heroic Imperator: AotC within 10 tries.

Normal dungeon: wipe reform several times.
Heroic dungeon: clean fast finish.

Puglyfe in a nutshell. Basically you're in elo-hell until your item levels magically reach a point where good teams pick you up from raid finder.

One shot mythic Kar'gath and Twin Ogron (just our second kill, even though it wasn't pretty) and spent the rest of the night on Brackenspore. He feels massively RNG based on mythic. The new mechanics aren't hard, but it's the new ones mixed with the old ones (mainly Tidal Wave and Infesting Spores as the same time) that are. At least with Twin Ogron everything is on a set timer so you know what to prepare for.

Tacitus_

It's not really that RNG heavy. You can get RNG fucked if it pops up spore shooters just as you have stacked but green shroom / CDs aren't up yet or if the green shroom pops up in the middle of the creeping moss. The wave is easy enough to dodge.

It's just too damn long. Much prefer the shorter, tighter fights.

cdyhybrid

Puglyfe in a nutshell. Basically you're in elo-hell until your item levels magically reach a point where good teams pick you up from raid finder.

I am in the trench :(

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

It's also the dust settling on the expansion launch and the only people still playing are the ones who have a modicum of awareness.

As time goes on, the average knowledge of the fights gets higher.

Wait until next week, it'll be hell again.

TheYanger

One shot mythic Kar'gath and Twin Ogron (just our second kill, even though it wasn't pretty) and spent the rest of the night on Brackenspore. He feels massively RNG based on mythic. The new mechanics aren't hard, but it's the new ones mixed with the old ones (mainly Tidal Wave and Infesting Spores as the same time) that are. At least with Twin Ogron everything is on a set timer so you know what to prepare for.

It's not REALLY rng though, it's just punishing. I think he's like the second or third hardest boss in the zone to learn (absolute difficulty not as high, but has a LOT of points of failure). That said, it's not random - the timings are very precise, the only rng is whether he does mushrooms or tides, but both have answers that aren't too bad no matter what happens. I PREFER mushrooms most of the time, but tides are ok too.

Renekton

It's not REALLY rng though, it's just punishing. I think he's like the second or third hardest boss in the zone to learn (absolute difficulty not as high, but has a LOT of points of failure). That said, it's not random - the timings are very precise, the only rng is whether he does mushrooms or tides, but both have answers that aren't too bad no matter what happens. I PREFER mushrooms most of the time, but tides are ok too.
How would you rate Mythic HM mechanically compared to other instances - e.g. Sunwell, Ulduar, AQ40?

Quite curious since I will never get into Mythic.

vocab

How would you rate Mythic HM mechanically compared to other instances - e.g. Sunwell, Ulduar, AQ40?

Harder than all of those. Every other boss fight is a guild check. If you have one bad person its so obvious. Especially when the healing is lacking. Every person basically has a responsibility that will wipe you if you can't meet it. I'm 4/7 due to bad time management, and having the healing core fall apart. Brf is gonna be great but my guild is not ready for the real progression.

Meh it's the last time my guild is gonna do mythic Highmaul anyways. We're gonna focus on Blackrock Foundry instead even if it takes us a bit to get into mythic. Depending on how our roster shapes up (having a bunch of new recruits coming to heroic and having a few people switch mains) we might eventually go back but I don't think people need anything that badly (we've had so many agility weapons drop from Kar'gath and Twin Ogron that I think out of our Brewmaster, 3 Rogues and Enhancement Shaman, only two aren't already dual wielding mythic weapons yet).

I don't have much of a track record of heroic raiding but of what I've done I'd say Highmaul is a lot less predictable than past raids.

Instance atmosphere I found to be quite bad, but mechanics-wise, Mythic Highmaul is probably on the more difficult end of the spectrum.

Though I'm sure part of the difficulty is due to it being the first tier and people adjusting to expansion changes/lacking gear.

I think I got spoiled with how long SoO was out for though, in that it became so mapped out - I probably have those strategies ingrained in my brain.

Robin64

So 6.1 PTR has a daily quest giver in the Garrison which gives "go kill boss x in dungeon y". Blizz really spoiling us with all this new stuff to do!

ampere

The best change in the 6.1 patch notes:

All rings, neck, cloak, and trinket items that can be acquired in Nagrand (A level 98+ zone) or later should now be better suited for the character's loot specialization. This means tanks should no longer receive items with no bonus Armor and healers should no longer receive items with no Spirit from quests or Personal loot mode for those item slots.

Finally. Now I won't have to rage over getting dps rings/necks/cloaks anymore from follower missions and bonus rolls. It was getting so frustrating.

TheYanger

Definitely easier than stuff like Sunwell, to claim otherwise would be folly. It's really hard to make these comparisons, because highmaul has probably a slightly high 'average' difficulty, but at the end of the day even Margok is not THAT hard. Except for a few fights they firmly rest in the like 20-70 wipe range for most guilds (while lots of guilds did less or more), kargath and twins way below that, maybe even tectus or butcher now that people have gear, and margok more like 100 wipe range.

It'll be more realistic to evaluate the tier as a whole once we have more than 7 bosses imo. Sunwell had few bosses but way FAR harder (by design), AQ40 is really old and not 'hard' like that in the first place, but it also had like 4 really tough bosses and the rest were very easy. Ulduar had plenty of easy bosses, but it had a high number of 'VERY HARD' tier bosses. Freya 3 tree, Firefighter, Yogg 0, those were all harder than Margok.
Guild finally killed M Tectus. FYI you can still get the kill even after messing up a pillar placement, just roll with it!

Kill video.

Grats :) Pretty nice first kill

M.D

9/10 alliance

0/10 horde

after horde scared us away from another event, they come a moment before we get this event done and take the win

half the group is in the middle going to warspear and the other half is outside in the que

alliance fucking sucks :|

Gryph

WoW Insider is shutting down :( With the rumored closing of Joystiq, this was pretty much inevitable, still a bummer though.

This is putting more of a damper on my day than I thought it would... Everyone writing for that site is such a fan, it's clear they all really love the game and they did a lot of great work connecting fans and fan work.

It's a shame that something like that is being shuttered in the name of corporate consolidation. I hope whatever they all move on to next is successful.

Void Tendrils is infinitely better than Psychic Scream in arenas. I don't know why so many guides recommend it.

45 second cd and it's useless because everyone trinket outs of it

9/10 alliance

0/10 horde

after horde scared us away from another event, they come a moment before we get this event done and take the win

half the group is in the middle going to warspear and the other half is outside in the que

alliance fucking sucks :|

Lol, alliance is garbage at events. I do it once a day for the boss and gtfo because they have no idea what they're doing. Hey, there's a couple of horde here lets run away

Meanwhile I cap cp on my orc hunter just doing events

mclem

That sinking feeling when you realise you're two abrogator's stones short in the final week we'll be focussing on Highmaul...

Hoping for a bit of luck with work orders or missions!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Warforged Imperator trinket out of my last mythic cache before Blackrock opens

TAGZ7NK.gif

cdyhybrid

That sinking feeling when you realise you're two abrogator's stones short in the final week we'll be focussing on Highmaul...

Can always do a quick LFR wing for a few stones on Tuesday. Not a big deal.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

I was one short this week then got the 3 stone mission last night :D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Saw a Shaman with the Nagrand Fire Elemental instead of the normal/primal version. My friend said it was a primal elementalist thing, but I'm still getting the MoP version of the primal?

mclem

Can always do a quick LFR wing for a few stones on Tuesday. Not a big deal.

Wednesday for me - in the EU - and there's not really any time between home-from-work and start-of-raid.

Fortunately, though, the RNG gods have smiled upon me.

ZsGSKaN.png

(Now watch me somehow manage to fail it)

Saw a Shaman with the Nagrand Fire Elemental instead of the normal/primal version. My friend said it was a primal elementalist thing, but I'm still getting the MoP version of the primal?
A glyph?

Edit: Wait, it couldn't be Soul of the Forge, could it? Perhaps with a few pet treats?

I need to put in some serious time in LFR or something to see why I seem to be hitting a hard ceiling on my assassination rogue's DPS during Imperator attempts. Time off target is my biggest enemy but there's a ret at my ilvl nearly doubling me up on every pull so I wonder what the hell is wrong. It feels like my tools are just wrong, or maybe I'm just at that point of inflection where a secondary stat is wavering between amazing and crap and I just need that one upgrade or something.

Top Bottom