• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

vocab

I need to put in some serious time in LFR or something to see why I seem to be hitting a hard ceiling on my assassination rogue's DPS during Imperator attempts. Time off target is my biggest enemy but there's a ret at my ilvl nearly doubling me up on every pull so I wonder what the hell is wrong. It feels like my tools are just wrong, or maybe I'm just at that point of inflection where a secondary stat is wavering between amazing and crap and I just need that one upgrade or something.

compare your dps to your spec, not another class. Just look through logs and youll find the answer.

cdyhybrid

I'm having crazy ass lag, but it's not showing up in my latency addon.

Says I'm at 74ms but I'm like 30 seconds behind. I'll run past those fungal things on the road to Highmaul and not get hit by their AOE until I'm sitting at where the portal is supposed to be (but the portal itself hasn't loaded yet).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like daily specific heroics lockouts is a super dated feature at this point. There's so many ways to get gear now that the idea of them not wanting you to run one specific dungeon more than once seems silly unlike how it was in BC. It was already feeling kind of dated in WOTLK.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I feel like daily specific heroics lockouts is a super dated feature at this point. There's so many ways to get gear now that the idea of them not wanting you to run one specific dungeon more than once seems silly unlike how it was in BC. It was already feeling kind of dated in WOTLK.

They don't want people to load in on the fastest/easiest dungeon. I think the random q allowing you to run a locked dungeon is the fairest way to do that.

What they need to do is make scenarios be like dungeons and allow for them to be 3 dps to move the qs faster.

royalan

I'm bummed about WoW Insider closing. ;___;

Back in the day, WoW Insider was hands-down the best WoW site to go to with the best mix of articles on game mechanics/strategy AND lore/fan related content.

I guess with them gone I'll just stick to the wikis. Can't do another site that's just about pushing a shit-ton of articles on how to improve your DPS by 0.0000023%

M.D

2 salvage bags away from getting level 3 blueprint, only get 1 bag from like 7 missions and have to go now

fucking lol :(

Two questions for someone who recently returned to WoW.

- How to cross realm guild invites work? Can you only join guilds on certain realms that are linked to yours?

- Is it worth it to upgrade crafted epics like the 3 Blacksmithing items that I'm wearing and the Winged Hourglass trinket?

Tacitus_

Two questions for someone who recently returned to WoW.

- How to cross realm guild invites work? Can you only join guilds on certain realms that are linked to yours?

- Is it worth it to upgrade crafted epics like the 3 Blacksmithing items that I'm wearing and the Winged Hourglass trinket?

You can join guilds on other realms only if they're joined with yours.

If they've got good stats and you won't be getting anything better from raiding/PVP, yes, they're worth it.

ZenaxPure

If they've got good stats and you won't be getting anything better from raiding/PVP, yes, they're worth it.

It's worth mentioning that the tooltip for the upgrade items are also wrong right now, the final upgrade will take the armor to ilvl 670 which means it is on par with heroic highmaul gear, though realistically it's better since you can keep rerolling the item to get the stats you want. Weapons are 660 which does make them weaker than heroic highmaul stuff, but, not by a huge gap.

It's worth mentioning that the tooltip for the upgrade items are also wrong right now, the final upgrade will take the armor to ilvl 670 which means it is on par with heroic highmaul gear, though realistically it's better since you can keep rerolling the item to get the stats you want. Weapons are 660 which does make them weaker than heroic highmaul stuff, but, not by a huge gap.

Thanks guys. I'm having trouble trying to decide if I should upgrade some of these items or use these materials to craft gear and sell it on the AH.

Well that changes the question. Do you raid beyond LFR? If not, sell away, since the higher ilvl does nothing for you.

I just joined an old guild of mine and hope to be running with them going forward yeah. They farm heroic Highmaul but haven't really jumped into mythic yet. We do plan on being in BRF week one.

cdyhybrid

New plan: give up on killing Imp until I'm geared enough for H Imp PUGs.

Also going to keep up with my Mage since I found out Fire doesn't use Prismatic Crystal.

Also going to keep up with my Mage since I found out Fire doesn't use Prismatic Crystal.
Just keep at it, he's a very doable boss. For PUGing it's all about getting the right people, and, if you end up doing a number of attempts, keeping overall group morale up.

We got our H Imp kill last night, and from all the troubles we had with PUG'ed people, my best advice is to start your own group for him and enforce a one-strike-you're-out rule. If someone blows a mine once or twice, they're probably going to do it again, and in my experience it's better to cut your losses sooner rather than later.

A lot of people don't want to hang around in a group if they feel the group leader is being soft on people continually preventing the kill (some are dicks about it and some aren't), and you can keep them confident by trimming the fat. It's kind of a harsh stance to take, but when the fight takes 7-8 minutes to get to the point most people wipe at, a lot of the group's time can be wasted by trying to carry accident-prone players.

I'm a pretty lenient RL, but Imp is where I have to buckle down. He simply eats up too much time. If it's the same small handful of people that are consistently the weak links of the group, it's wasting the time of the other 15-20 players in the raid. It's not a terribly big deal when the wipes happen 1-2 minutes into the fight, as can be the case on the other bosses in HM, but when we're wiping at the ~10 minute mark, I need to be respectful of the raid's time as a whole.

Going to probably switch to Fire for Blackrock Foundry. Feel like I'm kind of capped out as Frost and Fire scales better with gear. Only problem is right now I think crit is my second lowest stat only ahead of versatility.

cdyhybrid

Going to probably switch to Fire for Blackrock Foundry. Feel like I'm kind of capped out as Frost and Fire scales better with gear. Only problem is right now I think crit is my second lowest stat only ahead of versatility.

Yeah, I'll probably go Arcane on ST and Fire on cleave/AOE. Helps that they want similar stats.

Going NecroticBlight on my DK, with a Frost offspec for PVP and DW when I eventually get the gear for it to overtake UH.

Days like today where there's no sun and it's still foggy out at 2:30PM make me really hope the next expansion is in the South Seas. Give me tropics-themed zones.

Yeah, I'll probably go Arcane on ST and Fire on cleave/AOE. Helps that they want similar stats.

Going NecroticBlight on my DK, with a Frost offspec for PVP and DW when I eventually get the gear for it to overtake UH.

Days like today where there's no sun and it's still foggy out at 2:30PM make me really hope the next expansion is in the South Seas. Give me tropics-themed zones.

Looked at some of the gear from BRF and the first 4 bosses all drop something with haste/mastery. Problem is I don't like Arcane at all, mainly because of Rune of Power.

cdyhybrid

Looked at some of the gear from BRF and the first 4 all drop something with haste/mastery. Problem is I don't like Arcane at all, mainly because of Rune of Power.

I hate ROP too. Only going to be using it on fights like Butcher where I can turret. Single-target fights with movement I'll be using IF.

Robin64

Just finished the first wing, Slagworks, of BRF LFR on the PTR. Everyone was scaled down to 635 so it was probably harder than it will be on live.

Oregorger was kinda fun, a few people died when he was rolling around. I got hit but it didn't kill me. Couldn't see if I could have avoided it though. Still, we got it done.

Gruul was nothing but tank and spank. Even the two mechanics listed in the journal were completely ignorable. Very easy.

Blast Furnace was wonderful. Very fun, lots going on and many stages to it. I can see this being a favourite. Nice to see a boss that isn't just "a big thing you hit a lot". Still extremely easy but the fun of it made that not matter so much.

ZenaxPure

Man I think I have some really annoying social anxiety stuff. I mean I kind of always have, but, it pouring over into WoW sucks. I decided I wanted to look for a somewhat casual guild to raid with and I always freeze up any time I try to message someone trying to recruit. Last time I joined a guild with complete strangers was literally vanilla, been raiding with a lot of the same people since then. This is really the first expansion where some of us don't have at least a casual raid group going (since almost none of my friends came back for WoD). Really annoying that the main force stopping me from doing raids again seems to just be myself.

Robin64

So the first wing of BRF plus the weekly garrison mission gave me a total of 63 stones. Only 837 to go!

(But not for realsies cos PTR)

Type2

So Amazon price matched frys collectors edition of wod for me at 30.86 and just like that I'm back in. Leveling a warrior on senjin to play with some irl friends.

Is the consensus that the 1-90 boost is better off used on a level 60? My poor warrior will be all alone with no bags,gold or any other fancy things on the server. Profession boosts to 600 might help.

Edit: no profession bonuses anymore?
Hmm what do I choose for my warrior then for sustainability or pure fun?
Mining and engineering?

cdyhybrid

So Amazon price matched frys collectors edition of wod for me at 30.86 and just like that I'm back in. Leveling a warrior on senjin to play with some irl friends.

Is the consensus that the 1-90 boost is better off used on a level 60? My poor warrior will be all alone with no bags,gold or any other fancy things on the server. Profession boosts to 600 might help.

Edit: no profession bonuses anymore?
Hmm what do I choose for my warrior then for sustainability or pure fun?
Mining and engineering?

Engineering is the most fun, but it's not a huge deal. Also nice for PVP.

Best for money making or supporting raiding would probably be Alchemy or Enchanting. Or Tailoring to sell bags.

TheYanger

Enchanting is just pure money. ALL of my alts are enchanters and it has always been a good choice.

Tailoring is gonna be pretty consistent, but the startup cost is a bit higher than most professions. Bags will retain value long beyond gear though.

Tamanon

Banned
Ran my first heroic of the expansion last night and it was Grimrail Depot. That place seems annoying. So much positioning in tiny quarters to deal with.

Warrior called me a god healer earlier in arenas. 5 in a row we won, but I didn't do anything special really. Just stacked stamina. Nice to get praise though. Added him as a friend too

Got the 3.5k conquest for the 660 weapon, but forgot you need 7.2k for the season. Sad face

Arena is a lot of fun

Ryaaan14

Banned
So I might start playing again, the question is do I give the 90 boost to my lvl 85 Rogue main, or give it to an alt? I feel like it might be more worthwhile to boost up a Mage or something. Thoughts?

I haven't played since Cataclysm so I have no clue what the most viable classes are right now.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
So I might start playing again, the question is do I give the 90 boost to my lvl 85 Rogue main, or give it to an alt? I feel like it might be more worthwhile to boost up a Mage or something. Thoughts?

I haven't played since Cataclysm so I have no clue what the most viable classes are right now.

85-90 goes quick, so I wouldn't waste the boost on a level 85 character.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fuck 'wind' mechanics in WoD. The worst shit they added. I don't mind, as a caster, jumping fire or moving out of wind or any of that. But the fucking stuff on Grimrail 'Don't got Spiritwalker, eh? Sure was fun being a caster in MoP wasn't it? Fuck you, cast earth shock.'

Also, they need to harshly nerf the price of apexis gear. What's even the point when it's that high for some mediocre stuff?

vocab

Fuck 'wind' mechanics in WoD. The worst shit they added. I don't mind, as a caster, jumping fire or moving out of wind or any of that. But the fucking stuff on Grimrail 'Don't got Spiritwalker, eh? Sure was fun being a caster in MoP wasn't it? Fuck you, cast earth shock.'

Also, they need to harshly nerf the price of apexis gear. What's even the point when it's that high for some mediocre stuff?

That glyph is like mandatory.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That glyph is like mandatory.

I've been using it since SoO for lava bursts. Now it's basically become attached to my Ascendance button.

I'm sure this would 'break balance', but since Enhance Ascen does ranged auto attacks, I feel like Ele ascendance should automatically let you cast on the move.

Don't do Mythic Twin Ogron then.

royalan

Is it too late to try raiding Highmaul?

I'm not typically a raider. In fact, most of my time with WoW I've been able to avoid having to raid because there was always something else to do in the WoW world, or I was behind enough on content that there was always something ahead.

But now, for the first time I think, I'm ahead on a WoW expansion and the only major bit of interesting content that seems left for me is raiding. There's nothing fun left.

But with BRF happening next week, I feel like I'm too far behind the curve to even think about raiding. Nevermind the fact that I still haven't found a new guild (and LO-Fucking-L to everyone saying that finding new guilds is simple. The hell it is...).

vocab

I've been using it since SoO for lava bursts. Now it's basically become attached to my Ascendance button.

I'm sure this would 'break balance', but since Enhance Ascen does ranged auto attacks, I feel like Ele ascendance should automatically let you cast on the move.

It's a waste on ascendance at the start.

cdyhybrid

Is it too late to try raiding Highmaul?

I'm not typically a raider. In fact, most of my time with WoW I've been able to avoid having to raid because there was always something else to do in the WoW world, or I was behind enough on content that there was always something ahead.

But now, for the first time I think, I'm ahead on a WoW expansion and the only major bit of interesting content that seems left for me is raiding. There's nothing fun left.

But with BRF happening next week, I feel like I'm too far behind the curve to even think about raiding. Nevermind the fact that I still haven't found a new guild (and LO-Fucking-L to everyone saying that finding new guilds is simple. The hell it is...).

Most people will probably move to BRF yes, but there will probably still be a few HM groups around, especially so people can get their Ahead of the Curve achievement.

You'll be able to catch up to BRF pretty quickly. Just do heroic dungeons/LFR until you're geared up, do world bosses, craft items, do garrison item missions, etc. Hell, you can even PVP for items.

Top Bottom