• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

strafer

Hasn't been heavily rumored that the next expansion is going to be focused on Azshara, since Blizzard recently trademarked "The Eye of Azshara"?

Anyway, the Azshara-focused expansion is what I've been waiting for since I took an actually interest in Warcraft lore. Queen Azshara is easily one of the most interesting entities in lore. The very form Azeroth has taken, and pretty much every major conflict on the planet, can be traced back to her original sin. And she's been present this entire time, constantly plotting, constantly maneuvering in ways that can be felt by the Alliance and Horde, but never really playing her hand. Also, by my calculation now that the Aspects have been de-aspected (and maybe even before that), Queen Azshara is easily the single most powerful being on Azeroth, if we're going to compare feats accomplished.

She's too iconic to not get her own expansion, and lordy I hope it's the next one. :(

That could just be a Heartstone expansion.

Karl Hawk

Banned
That could just be a Heartstone expansion.

Isn't the Hearthstone expansion that machine-themed and focuses on Gnomes vs Goblins (Which is already released)?

But anyways, I think Reign of Azshara sounds a cooler name to me. I'm not fond of the ''Eye of Azshara'' name.

We basically have no idea what it is right now. Could be related to WoW, Azshara is a big villain waiting for us

I feel like the ship has sailed for getting excited about Azshara considering her non-presence in the underwater Cata zones and us getting the 'before they were famous' time travel treatment in the 5-mans.

royalan

I feel like the ship has sailed for getting excited about Azshara considering her non-presence in the underwater Cata zones and us getting the 'before they were famous' time travel treatment in the 5-mans.

I felt the same way with the bold. But still, she's one of the biggest figures in WoW lore, and there was still a ton of excitement for the Lich King expansion even though Arthas was a well known (and worn, in my opinion) entity by that point. Queen Azshara is too big to ignore forever. And soon they're going to have no choice, we're running out of established lore (hence this expansion basically being one big nothing-you-do-here-will-really-matter-when-you-go-back-to-Azeroth dream sequence).

But something tells me that Blizzard is waiting on doing anything major with Azshara, Sargeras and the Titans until we get to what they're sure will be the final expansions. I mean, those three entities are the biggest cards they've yet to play, in terms of established lore.

ZenaxPure

....boooo

If Eye of Azshara is a real thing it wouldn't make any sense to be Hearthstone related, it was discovered right before blizzcon and then at blizzcon GvG was announced for Hearthstone, which wasn't known before hand. Doesn't really make sense.

Anyway, yeah I assume she will be the focus of an expansion eventually, especially if they wanted to use her as a natural stepping stone to a proper burning legion expansion (which was the entire focus of the legendary quest chain in MoP afterall). My only fear is that there is so much going on out in the Great/South seas some of it gets less focus. Like personally I am really interested in what appears to be some sort of Zandalarin civil war more than I am actually interested in Azshara herself (though I do want to know what she has been up to lately).

Yeah...current raid team is being dissolved.

I'm done until at least 6.2 (tier after BRF) methinks. Don't want to have to deal with joining/looking for a new raid group at the moment.

EVE Online it is!

But, CFalc :(

I'll still be around on Battle.net playing Hearthstone at the very least. And my sub doesn't run out for another 3 weeks or so since I just renewed this past week, but yeah. Some time off will do me good since I've been playing for over a year straight with no breaks. Gives me some time to cool off and come back with a reignited passion. I'll be back sooner or later, but I definitely think I'm sitting BRF (and what would be left of Highmaul) out. I already bought 3 months of EVE game time from some Amazon gift cards I had burning in my pocket. EVE I don't really get into nearly as hardcore as I am want to do with WoW, so it's more relaxing in a way. Got some real life matters to focus on as well, so loosing the feelings of obligation to a raid team/the game is a relief.

I always keep an eye on this thread anyway. I'm sad that it looks like I'll miss out on the implementation of the new heirloom system, but it'll be there whenever I come back.

Update on connection-

Both me and my friend ran a tracer to the first US server and we both timed out at the 13th hop. Thinking it's either FIOs or Blizzards servers(We both have Fios).

I'm at that stage on my main. Everyone is at epic so xp is useless

That's when it decides to give me quests with a 37.50 gold reward. Lol, no thanks

Or when it gives you 615 weapon/armour upgrades because why not not
I upgraded all my 25 followers to epic with 645 itemlevel and have plenty of +3/+6/+9 upgrades in my bag for upgrading the 660 when it's possible. Waiting for a highmaul or any other useful quest is not fun, i just send them all to 99+ missions available for the bonus chest.
But at least I'm making 1k+ gold per day just with spending 10 minutes into the follower missions twice a day.

Son1x

Silver at Proving Ground is not even close to enough. How am I supposed to clear any heroics with shitty groups? Everyone stands in everything and no ones does they're supposed to do. Healing in dungeons should be mandatory for dpsing in them or something. Those fools need to learn how to play and not just stand in front of the boss pushing buttons.

ampere

Yeah...current raid team is being dissolved.

I'm done until at least 6.2 (tier after BRF) methinks. Don't want to have to deal with joining/looking for a new raid group at the moment.

EVE Online it is!

Don't blame you. Every time I have had a guild raid group break up I quit playing for at least a few months. It usually means the group had been struggling for awhile and it's very draining.

I got lucky with the new guild I joined, a big strength of theirs has been resilience over the years.

Silver at Proving Ground is not even close to enough. How am I supposed to clear any heroics with shitty groups? Everyone stands in everything and no ones does they're supposed to do. Healing in dungeons should be mandatory for dpsing in them or something. Those fools need to learn how to play and not just stand in front of the boss pushing buttons.

Random heroics as a healer without a lot of gear can be a huge pain, I feel you. You'll get lots of tanks who don't use any active mitigation too... smh.

RPGCrazied

The new PTR build is amazing. They added even more AA stuff. There is this thing called alpha test in the video options, if you check it MSAA will work like it did back in 5.4. It effects the entire image, so its comparable to SSAA now without the huge impact on FPS. MSAA 4x at 1600x1200 looks amazing. Can't believe they got this to work with the new engine and directx 11.

Rapstah

In today's edition of "bugs they should have found in 2010": every time the Burning Blade ambushes the caravan in one of the last Northern Barrens quests, one to three copies of Balgor Whipshank are created and then stand around, seemingly until they restart the server.

Lanrutcon

Pfft.9/10 tanks I run into during PUGs are stupid and ignorant. Let's fix the problem by starting there.

Robin64

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/560481950645768192

B8ZHY1aCcAEMXUj.png:large

RPGCrazied

no matter the cost it will sell like hot butter in the sun

And the reason they will never stop. I don't mind actually. Selling the transmog stuff was stupid though, and they have yet to do anymore than the first 3. Not going to lie, I already have a couple store mounts. The bat and celestial steed.

strafer

And the reason they will never stop. I don't mind actually. Selling the transmog stuff was stupid though, and they have yet to do anymore than the first 3. Not going to lie, I already have a couple store mounts. The bat and celestial steed.

Steed and the flying lion is the only store mounts I have.

Robin64

I like how it's a ground mount. Bizz sticking their guns about no flying, then? (I'm okay with this, except it makes Archaeology suck)

Unless it's one of those stupid looking ground ones that can fly by running through the air, which looks stupid and is stupid.

strafer

I like how it's a ground mount. Bizz sticking their guns about no flying, then? (I'm okay with this, except it makes Archaeology suck)

Unless it's one of those stupid looking ground ones that can fly by running through the air, which looks stupid and is stupid.

Don't say that... I want my Flying Dreadsteed someday. :(

Rapstah

Looks like it shares its animations with the jade panthers that fly by walking through the air.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Tempted to buy it, but i fear that, like my other mounts, i will probably put it as a favorite mount for the random mount button after a few days. Just like the WoD CE mount.

Tempted to buy it, but i fear that, like my other mounts, i will probably put it as a favorite mount for the random mount button after a few days. Just like the WoD CE mount.
I love the random mount button as well as the random pet button I made. Favorite'd all the ones I like to see and then I'm done. I just leave my raft and aqua strider on their own keys since those are special cases.
I just wanted the bat for my undead character, and the celestial steed for my paladin character. Probably won't buy anymore.
I ended up liking the bat way more than I thought I was going to. But yeah, they're perfect with undead characters.

I'll pass on that mount though. Just kinda meh - not enough personality to me.

(Side note, I fucking LOVE the chocobos in FFXIV. Favorite mounts in any game.)

TomServo

Regarding BRF, how's the difficulty compared to Highmaul, and is there any idea how long it'll stay current?

I just got 7/7N Highmaul this morning. For personal reasons completing a raid on normal when it's current content is like winning for me, in this expansion at least. Between leveling and heroics I felt a little rushed to get 7/7N (stop laughing). I had actually given up on that, then I got into a great group that 1-shot Imp.

Got my 2-hand sword from Imp as well. Need boner!

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Looks like it shares its animations with the jade panthers that fly by walking through the air.

This is an okay idea with things like a flying felsteed or dreadsteed that leaves a fire trail, but just walking through air is kinda goofy.

Honestly, my favorite flying mounts have been things like the manhole cover (which honestly could have just been a cloud) the kites, and the hippogryphs/gryphons.

Robin64

Needed 11 stones this week.

Kargath down, gives me 1 stone. Not looking pretty. Butcher and Brackenspore then both give me 5 stones each. HOO YEAH!! One wing and done!

Fuck you Highmaul, I hope I never have to see you again!

M.D

Fucking imp man, what a fight
Guild cleared all bosses pretty easily on hc but imp gave us trouble, then some people had to leave and we were sooo close on that last attempt, brought him down to 23m hp and then something went wrong
I also stepped on a mine which I swear spawned right beneath me very close the end

Think they will do it again tomorrow but I won't be able to attend which means I won't get that stupid curve achievement unless I do it with a random group which is extremely unlikely

I can't even imagine what a nightmare he must be on mythic

Top Bottom