• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I'm very tempted to do a faction change to Horde just for Ashran :lol

Alliance are so shit at it. No one seems to understand you get a ton more cp and honour doing events. And even when will get vol'jin and get the 350cp they still just farm the middle for no reason.

My Horde Hunter was capped in cp and honour after a day. It's madness. There's always an event raid, whether it's in the game or group finder. I've never seen one in group finder as alliance

I like my Draenei though :(

ZenaxPure

Durotan and Thrall? Not really. For Alliance, we fight through Garrosh base in Nagrand with Yrel(our new Draenei paladin hero) and near the end Thrall decide to come out of the bush he was hiding into to fight Garrosh for the final cutscene. And Durotan... again, comes out of nowhere for Talador's fight against Blackhand, again for the cutscene.
You quest through all of Talador without seeing him and Durotan suddenly show up next to our Draenei heros and Khadgar for the final battle quest.

There's little exposure for them for the Alliance.

To be fair it's pretty similar on Horde side where Yrel was no where to be found in Talador until the battle for Shattrath.

To answer the question though, the quests in each zone are almost identical between both factions, it's mostly just who gives you those quests that is different between the factions. Frostfire/SMV are entirely different though.

idlewild_

Alliance are so shit at it. No one seems to understand you get a ton more cp and honour doing events. And even when will get vol'jin and get the 350cp they still just farm the middle for no reason.

My Horde Hunter was capped in cp and honour after a day. It's madness. There's always an event raid, whether it's in the game or group finder. I've never seen one in group finder as alliance

Sounds like bad luck, I've had pretty good event groups in Ashran when I've gone as Alliance. Though, doing 2s/3s has been so much faster to the cap for me, can get the cap before Ashran queue even pops.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I just transferred my main (Ret Paladin) to Draenor to join a guild progressing on Mythic Highmaul (They are at 1/7 for Mythic, atm).

I'll be honest, I enjoyed my time with the guild on Saurfang, but I didn't feel like I'm doing anything with them (Then again, WoD's end-game content is kinda underwhelming as of now). Hell, the raid leader couldn't let me get through the trial because their raiding schedule was problematic (They raid every Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday on 20:30: to 23:30 server time) for me so I could only do one night of raiding with them which would have put me behind the team in terms of gear as he said.

Well, that and it took them a month to fully clear Highmaul on normal cause they had a hard time dealing with the mechanics on Imp, so they skipped straight into heroic after the Christmas break (They're 6/7 HC as of now). They're not a hardcore raiding guild, not by any means, but the fact that I had to use openraid to fully clear Highmaul on both normal and heroic makes me sad a little bit since they got behind due to problems with some of the mechanics in the raid. They are cool people, but I feel like I'm better off pushing my raiding performance somewhere else without resorting to pugs (they're bad enough as it is) or openraid events (There's not always a guarantee that I'll get accepted)

Regardless, I'll stay with them on my DK alt, but I don't expect to log in as often as I would since I'm dedicated to my main.

Sorry if this sounds rude or elitist, but I just wanted to make an honest opinion.

StMeph

And Durotan... again, comes out of nowhere for Talador's fight against Blackhand, again for the cutscene.
You quest through all of Talador without seeing him and Durotan suddenly show up next to our Draenei heros and Khadgar for the final battle quest.

There's nothing for Horde in Talador about single female lawyer paladin either, until she shows up on the ship with Blackhand. Khadgar's involvement at the end seems pretty random to both sides then.

Shahadan

The battle of Shattrath felt very weird to me, I thought why, how, and who were there was pretty much unclear like something was missing.

Since Shattrath was supposed to be a raid at first, I wonder if the ending cutscene was designed for that at the time and then linked to some questline as to not completely scrap it.
Would have made for an awesome ending for a raid in any case.

vocab

I just transferred my main (Ret Paladin) to Draenor to join a guild progressing on Mythic Highmaul (They are at 1/7 for Mythic, atm).

I'll be honest, I enjoyed my time with the guild on Saurfang, but I didn't feel like I'm doing anything with them (Then again, WoD's end-game content is kinda underwhelming as of now). Hell, the raid leader couldn't let me get through the trial because their raiding schedule was problematic (They raid every Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday on 20:30: to 23:30 server time) for me so I could only do one night of raiding with them which would have put me behind the team in terms of gear as he said.

Well, that and it took them a month to fully clear Highmaul on normal cause they had a hard time dealing with the mechanics on Imp, so they skipped straight into heroic after the Christmas break (They're 6/7 HC as of now). They're not a hardcore raiding guild, not by any means, but the fact that I had to use openraid to fully clear Highmaul on both normal and heroic makes me sad a little bit since they got behind due to problems with some of the mechanics in the raid. They are cool people, but I feel like I'm better off pushing my raiding performance somewhere else without resorting to pugs (they're bad enough as it is) or openraid events (There's not always a guarantee that I'll get accepted)

Regardless, I'll stay with them on my DK alt, but I don't expect to log in as often as I would since I'm dedicated to my main.

Sorry if this sounds rude or elitist, but I just wanted to make an honest opinion.

You joined a guild expecting to raid, and you are not raiding. Not only are they wasting your time, you are basically forgotten at this point. Though, if your schedule conflicts with theirs, I can't say its totally their fault.

I always read about people joining a guild to raid but always see them pugging instead. Its completely strange to me. If you show up prepared, know the fights, and know how to play your class..why wouldn't you be raiding with the guild you joined? Just move on if it doesn't work. My guild has fundamental issues, but I stick it out for the time being. If it doesn't work out, I can easily join a 5 or 6/7 mythic guild with my logs and gear.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Someone's made a WoW thread on Gaming side.

Abandon ship!

Abandon ship!

At this point, I just don't give a damn anymore. If some people on gaming side wanna keep up with the ''fact'' that WoW is now a terrible game (And that Blizz is a shitty company) and it's dying or whatever, more power to them.

To be honest, for all Blizz's faults, I still enjoy their games. I don't see myself abandoning them anytime soon.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
To answer the question though, the quests in each zone are almost identical between both factions, it's mostly just who gives you those quests that is different between the factions. Frostfire/SMV are entirely different though.
This has been the theme for many of the expansions. Cataclysm was a little different, but only in the sense that they kept whatever separation existed in the previous zones. For a group that's supposed to be at war, we all get along pretty well. Frankly, given the opening theme of Pandaria, I have no idea how those panda people run a marriage if a little spat like the one between the Alliance and Horde can release an inkpocalypse.

Karl Hawk

Banned
wait until the next expansion gets announced.

I imagine people on gaming side went apeshit when MoP was announced due to pandas and shit.

And if I'm not wrong, most of the reactions for WoD's announcement were a resounding ''meh'' from what I've read on gaming side.

Speaking of next expansion, I feel like it should be about Azshara/N'Zoth. Dunno about you, but I feel the Naga, especially Azshara and N'Zoth are a big deal later on.

strafer

I imagine people on gaming side went apeshit when MoP was announced due to pandas and shit.

And if I'm not wrong, most of the reactions for WoD's announcement were a resounding ''meh'' from what I've read on gaming side.

Speaking of next expansion, I feel like it should be about Azshara/N'Zoth. Dunno about you, but I feel the Naga, especially Azshara and N'Zoth are a big deal later on.

well

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449323

Draxal

Err, no the alliance are doing it the right away.

Alliance farms the boss all day is that the bonus chest has a chance to drop gladiator gear, and if you're not doing arenas you'd cap out in conquest in a week just by killing him once everyday.

If you want conquest/honor i'd just recommend doing bgs/arenas and earn them faster that way.

ZenaxPure

This has been the theme for many of the expansions.

All of them to be fair lol. There are certainly differences here and there but the quests for both sides are almost always the same. Though a lot of that has to do with there being so many neutral hubs in the game.

ZenaxPure

Seem like Cata(?) soured gaming side on WoW so much to the point where it is now for them.

Meh, people like to bash things on the internet nothing new. You eventually realize they have no idea what they are talking about and move on with your life.

Also to answer your last question, Azshara will certainly happen at some point. It's pretty interesting really, since all the way back in vanilla that part of Azeroth has been a part of the storyline in one way or another (too many ways to list really) but we've only seen it briefly with the Maelstrom and the goblin starting zone. I am curious how they plan to tackle it, lore-wise they probably have enough content there to create two entire expansions if they wanted to but I don't see them doing it for a few different reasons.

As for N'zoth I think that will depend entirely if they ever want to pursue an emerald nightmare expansion. He is pretty much entirely responsible for that and they left it in such a way that they could go back to that storyline if they wanted. Actually they have been slowly creeping stuff about it into the story through a few quests/books over the past few years so who knows.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I will be very interested in what the next expansion is... Will show us sort of what direction they're planning on going in the future.

Also I wonder if they're gonna do anything more with the alternate dimension.

There is still Kul Tiras that is nowhere to be found in the game. And who knows if the backside of the world has anything or if they do something interesting with that at all like sailing through it on a boat

strafer

I will be very interested in what the next expansion is... Will show us sort of what direction they're planning on going in the future.

Also I wonder if they're gonna do anything more with the alternate dimension.

There is still Kul Tiras that is nowhere to be found in the game. And who knows if the backside of the world has anything or if they do something interesting with that at all like sailing through it on a boat

I bet we will see it get announced at Blizzcon this year.

ZenaxPure

I find it fascinating because the game has gone on long enough that we are running out of established places on Azeroth to actually explore. At some point they will have to start doing more original stuff which honestly I very much welcome, the Klaxxi and the Mogu were both completely original and I really loved everything surrounding them in MoP, the Klaxxi especially.

Also I doubt they will do anything else with this timeline unfortunately, I feel like they wanted to make a point about it since the entire opening quest sequence is us powering down the portal and then outright destroying it with a giant ass cannon. It's kind of a shame because I still think the most interesting part of the WoD storyline is the fate of the Azeroth in this timeline. No orc invasion, no Ner'zhul to get the whole scourge thing going, no destruction of the original Stormwind and so on. Like man, I would love to see that Azeroth 30 or 40 years in the future.

ampere

I will be very interested in what the next expansion is...

Too soon Executus!

I'm still wondering what the next tier will be... I hope we get a mid tier between BRF and Tanaan Jungle. There's a lot of stuff in Draenor that could make a cool raid.

I also hope BRF last a long ass time. We are only 5/7M and 2 night so we need a lot of time to have a chance at 17/17M before the next raid. Had a slow start, but been doing pretty well lately.

Draxal

I find it fascinating because the game has gone on long enough that we are running out of established places on Azeroth to actually explore. At some point they will have to start doing more original stuff which honestly I very much welcome, the Klaxxi and the Mogu were both completely original and I really loved everything surrounding them in MoP, the Klaxxi especially.

Also I doubt they will do anything else with this timeline unfortunately, I feel like they wanted to make a point about it since the entire opening quest sequence is us powering down the portal and then outright destroying it with a giant ass cannon. It's kind of a shame because I still think the most interesting part of the WoD storyline is the fate of the Azeroth in this timeline. No orc invasion, no Ner'zhul to get the whole scourge thing going, no destruction of the original Stormwind and so on. Like man, I would love to see that Azeroth 30 or 40 years in the future.

Yeah, I also kinda want to know what's up with Draenor's Maraad.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

Have they actually described what sort of dimension draenor actually exists in? Is it in its own bubble or can you actually travel through that universe or is it more like an Emerald Dream Azeroth as it were? I missed that if they did and it was probably in one of the novels.

I think they can use the different Azeroth for an alternate take on the burning legion succeeding in their takeover, similar to the emerald dream in a sense as an alternate Azeroth. It would prevent having the character doubling they obviously solved ASAP with alternate velen sacrificing himself for instance

No, you get to watch purple hammer Jesus be cool rather than watch green hammer Jesus be cool, until the very end, where green hammer Jesus just enters stage right to play ride the lightning with the Illustrated Orc while you just kinda watch and say, "wow, that would have been really cool if I got to do that instead of you, green hammer Jesus".
hl9FC.gif

JSoup

Banned
For a group that's supposed to be at war, we all get along pretty well.

Well, that would make a certain amount of sense. After Org, the Alliance is probably sick of this shit and the Horde sort of wants to be left alone. Probably a general "let's try to not antagonize each other" agreement.

Then again, lore wise, they might have forgotten about each other for a bit. I know I did. The Frostfire storyline had be engrossed to the point that I forgot there was an Alliance, till the first garrison invasion told me a spy was mucking about.

You want to see some story different, stand around the NPCs around the Ashran flight point for both factions. Each side thinks the other side fired the first shot and that's why we're fighting.

ZenaxPure

Have they actually described what sort of dimension draenor actually exists in? Is it in its own bubble or can you actually travel through that universe or is it more like an Emerald Dream Azeroth as it were? I missed that if they did and it was probably in one of the novels.

It is the entire universe, in the Hellscream short story Kairoz talks about conquering other worlds inside that universe (and eventually other timelines through the use of his bronze dragonflight powers). That is why I think we just destroyed the dark portal so quickly so they could nip this entire universe in the bud, as it stands story-wise there is currently nothing on a large scale that could send an army from one timeline to another. The only passage between the two timelines right now is the few portals that mages open up and based on various NPC text dialogue it seems like very few mages can actually do that. Basically looks like they are putting a pretty tight lid on this dimension to avoid obvious problems.

Yeah, I also kinda want to know what's up with Draenor's Maraad.

Might not exist, Hellscream short story also describes that while each timeline follows the same path not every blade of grass is exactly the same. The example that occurs in that story is that Garrosh doesn't exist in this timeline. Grom never knocked up his lady before being a dick and leaving her to die.

M.D

The alliance would be nothing without dwarves.

if i ever play a shorter race, its gotta be goblins!

when in doubt, reroll.

its hard to switch now, all the people i know are from my guild and its full of nice people and doing pretty good at raiding (at mythic twins iirc)

if i could start over i would totally go horde

also, i have no idea what i'm doing with my characters

i like playing my feral but also want to level my 90 hunter, at the same time i always have the thought of trying out tanking and want to level my 67 dk, and for some reason i just started a warlock...

X_X

JORMBO

Darkness no more
the blood elf weapons are very bugged right now, everything except shields appears larger when the weapon is drawn but much smaller when it is sheathed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu2aZOZ-FMY

Isn't this how it has always worked? The weapon adjusted to your character when sheathed, but gets bigger when drawn. I have noticed this on all my characters.

Edit: After watching that video the blood elf seems a lot more drastic.

TheYanger

Yeah it's already like that, they're just making them MUCH bigger on the ptr versions, which is good since they look sof ucking small on live. Fine with this change.

Robin64

New patch just went up on the PTR and the first thing that caught my eye is recipes for all the professions to craft their key mats without waiting for the cooldown. Cost is the normal recipe + a Primal Spirit.

Renekton

Durotan and Thrall? Not really. For Alliance, we fight through Garrosh base in Nagrand with Yrel(our new Draenei paladin hero) and near the end Thrall decide to come out of the bush he was hiding into to fight Garrosh for the final cutscene. And Durotan... again, comes out of nowhere for Talador's fight against Blackhand, again for the cutscene.

Seems like WoD lore is the only thing Horde is mildly better (you guys get better everything else like PvP and Garrisons). There are lots of nice touches like Thrall's parents questioning his decisions, Durotan's family breaking apart, Jaina giving us dagger stares, and Mankirk's wife.

I'm guessing something crappy happens to Thrall later this expac, and Jaina to become bad guy next expac.

124/125 stones
No bosses left

Blizz be trollin'.
Work orders may yield one. Praise the sun!

Peachpies

Isn't this how it has always worked? The weapon adjusted to your character when sheathed, but gets bigger when drawn. I have noticed this on all my characters.

Edit: After watching that video the blood elf seems a lot more drastic.

TheYanger said:
Yeah it's already like that, they're just making them MUCH bigger on the ptr versions, which is good since they look sof ucking small on live. Fine with this change.
that is not true, you can see in the second part how the weapon size stays the same when using old models, the weapon move slightly at the beginning/end of the animation because the sheathed position is slightly different then the position of the weapon at the start/end of the animation. Also the new models are supposed to preserve the aesthetics of the old models and part of that is having the smaller weapons.

When is 6.1 dropping?

I thought I heard next week. Am I wrong or did that change?
blackrock foundry is coming out on the 3rd but that is not tied to the release of 6.1 which likely be somtime later in February

royalan

Meh, people like to bash things on the internet nothing new. You eventually realize they have no idea what they are talking about and move on with your life.

Also to answer your last question, Azshara will certainly happen at some point. It's pretty interesting really, since all the way back in vanilla that part of Azeroth has been a part of the storyline in one way or another (too many ways to list really) but we've only seen it briefly with the Maelstrom and the goblin starting zone. I am curious how they plan to tackle it, lore-wise they probably have enough content there to create two entire expansions if they wanted to but I don't see them doing it for a few different reasons.

As for N'zoth I think that will depend entirely if they ever want to pursue an emerald nightmare expansion. He is pretty much entirely responsible for that and they left it in such a way that they could go back to that storyline if they wanted. Actually they have been slowly creeping stuff about it into the story through a few quests/books over the past few years so who knows.

Hasn't been heavily rumored that the next expansion is going to be focused on Azshara, since Blizzard recently trademarked "The Eye of Azshara"?

Anyway, the Azshara-focused expansion is what I've been waiting for since I took an actually interest in Warcraft lore. Queen Azshara is easily one of the most interesting entities in lore. The very form Azeroth has taken, and pretty much every major conflict on the planet, can be traced back to her original sin. And she's been present this entire time, constantly plotting, constantly maneuvering in ways that can be felt by the Alliance and Horde, but never really playing her hand. Also, by my calculation now that the Aspects have been de-aspected (and maybe even before that), Queen Azshara is easily the single most powerful being on Azeroth, if we're going to compare feats accomplished.

She's too iconic to not get her own expansion, and lordy I hope it's the next one. :(

Top Bottom