• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Fuck 'wind' mechanics in WoD. The worst shit they added. I don't mind, as a caster, jumping fire or moving out of wind or any of that. But the fucking stuff on Grimrail 'Don't got Spiritwalker, eh? Sure was fun being a caster in MoP wasn't it? Fuck you, cast earth shock.'

Also, they need to harshly nerf the price of apexis gear. What's even the point when it's that high for some mediocre stuff?

I'm not a fan of how they've removed mobility from most classes to be honest. Holy Priest healing in particular is a joke when it comes to moving around.

Just waiting for them to go back to having hunters rooted to the spot again now, because that used to be so much fun.

iirate

Is versatility a good stat for anyone yet?

It's *okay* for mistweaver, due to haste and mastery being really pretty terrible for them. It's not better for them than anyone else - they just happen to have some really terrible secondaries.

The only silver lining is that windwalker is in the same boat and has the exact same stat priorities(MS>Crit>Vers>Haste>Mastery), so your gear overlaps nicely if you play both.

M.D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just waiting for them to go back to having hunters rooted to the spot again now, because that used to be so much fun.

Focusing Shot and Mastery: Sniper Training already semi do that.
Is versatility a good stat for anyone yet?
'Decent' for Hunters.

Finished5 my Warrior's transmog. Posting it just because it's the only non-'tier'/set one I'm using. It's my #GarroshWasRight garb
zIwdzjr.jpg
Maybe in 2 expansions I'll grind out Tusks(add another nondropping rare on top of Invincible/Mimiron/etc to break my heart weekly) and finish the set. But I got Garrosh's pre-tusks shoulders anyhow

TeaFan

Ok. After a year off I've decided to return and start a fresh. Got my fresh 90 rogue. Anybody on here in a good guild on draenor eu horde I could join?

ZenaxPure

So that’s how Warlords of Draenor set up World of Warcraft for one of its most-successful expansion launches in years. But while Hazzikostas can clearly explain how we got to where we are, he’s much more tight-lipped when it comes to where we’re heading next, though it’s well known the team is already well into production for the next two expansions.

“Honestly, I think you may be pleasantly surprised by some of the things we have in store,” he teases. “That’s all I’m going to say about that. Sylvanas is a very cool character, we haven’t heard much from her in a while, but that doesn’t mean she’s out of the picture by any means.

Well then. I am not sure how they expect me to take that in any way other than its time for Sylvanas to show her true evil colors. Let's go blizz!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Fuck this shit, my Highmaul mission cache gave me the same belt as last time...

At least it's warforged... sigh.

Tacitus_

Well, Butcher down. Ezpz. Good enough progress for this raid, though I suspect we'll do better at the next one as we have a nice baseline of gear to work with now.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I decided to take a look at what the current maximum item level was, and it appears to be 1000.

itemstring7nps8.png

The way itemString (API function that controls tooltips) works nowadays (drastically changed in WoD) allows for the creation of some really weird tooltips that can be without effort linked in chat. I've been tinkering with it since beta, and among things I've found is that you can normally have around ten bonus ID slots, as can be seen in this script:

Code:
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cff1eff00\124Hitem:66607:5337:5346:5346:5346:0:0:0:null:507:0:10:41:567:1:448:545:576:576:576:576:545\124h[Translucent Edge]\124h\124r");
10 here, before 41, tells that this tooltip can display/allow ten bonus ID slots, and with this I utilized a bunch of values that increase item level by x levels. Translucent Edge is normally an Uncommon axe at item level 813. Here it is an Epic axe at item level 1000. I could not get the value above 1000.

Note: This tooltip is partially volatile as shift-clicking it causes the game to crash. I have submitted this as a bug, so hopefully it will be fixed in an upcoming patch. Until then, provide a disclaimer if you link it in chat, otherwise you might anger people and could potentially risk getting banned. Use it wisely.

cdyhybrid

I'd be really surprised if it didn't come out with Mythic BRF.

Seems like the only thing left for them to do is some numbers tuning based on the M BRF testing they've been doing.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Been having trouble finding a decent group for Heroic Highmaul, only done Kargath so far. Sure, my gear could improve (especially Critical Strike Rating is rather low), but I should be able to do Butcher and Brackenspore at least. But most groups require Ahead of the Curve: Imperator Mar'gok. Ah well, perhaps can get better once Blackrock Foundry opens, Normal offers vastly greater items for Arms Warrior than Highmaul does.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Rösti;150107609 said:
Note: This tooltip is partially volatile as shift-clicking it causes the game to crash. I have submitted this as a bug, so hopefully it will be fixed in an upcoming patch. Until then, provide a disclaimer if you link it in chat, otherwise you might anger people and could potentially risk getting banned. Use it wisely.

My game just crashed because of this.

M.D

doing mythic kargath with my guild for the first time (not full guild run, we were missing a lot of people)

took us nine tries because people kept dieing to shit no the ground and berserk and stuff, we had only one dead with boss on 20 million hp or something, then everyone disconnects... :|

we even had to kill the adds again

Reading the document, I feel a bit bummed that my main's dps is ranked 17 in terms of tier 17 dps gain.

This is based on well, a simulation of a patchwerk fight, no? I wouldn't be too worried about it. Like, the fire one for example-Free Pyroblasts for 4 seconds is absolutely insane.

Which are also guaranteed to Crit.

Oh baby I forgot about that.

Like..in a mobile fight, Fire will be king simply because of that tier bonus. The charts aren't taking into account that. From the looks of it, many of BRFs fights will be mobile. Alot of Highmauls fights were mobile as well, with the exception of Kargath. Yeah, just Kargath, but even then there is some mobility to that fight.Edit- Anywho, i wouldn't worry about what the charts say in regards to the dps increases or not. It's nice to take them as a kinda..something something...a borderline? Of what you should be doing, but don't let the numbers rule you.

JoeMartin

Oh baby I forgot about that.

Like..in a mobile fight, Fire will be king simply because of that tier bonus. The charts aren't taking into account that. From the looks of it, many of BRFs fights will be mobile. Alot of Highmauls fights were mobile as well, with the exception of Kargath. Yeah, just Kargath, but even then there is some mobility to that fight.Edit- Anywho, i wouldn't worry about what the charts say in regards to the dps increases or not. It's nice to take them as a kinda..something something...a borderline? Of what you should be doing, but don't let the numbers rule you.

You can simulate more or less anything in SimC and I find it performs acceptably close to actual experience - you can build in rotation error &/ proficiency, latency, lag spikes, degree of fight mobility (in which case it will simulate with mobility enhancing abilities), multiple targets with varying cleave opportunity, etc. It is a powerful tool that can help you gauge where your performance can/should be.

Certainly not to live by, and not for people that can't take it with a grain of salt, but the variance is less than you might think.

You can simulate more or less anything in SimC and I find it performs acceptably close to actual experience - you can build in rotation error &/ proficiency, latency, lag spikes, degree of fight mobility (in which case it will simulate with mobility enhancing abilities), multiple targets with varying cleave opportunity, etc. It is a powerful tool that can help you gauge where your performance can/should be.

Certainly not to live by, and not for people that can't take it with a grain of salt, but the variance is less than you might think.

YO MAN FUCK YO NUMBERS. YOU CAN SIMULATE MY FINGER./jk

I don't really listen to simulations. I got to my DPS by myself, and well, usually topping the charts has worked out for me. I still use the basic UI and I've never had an issue topping out the charts. I don't listen to the simucrap, it's too much of a crotch.

TheYanger

Nonsense. Just because "I top the meters" is how you like to play, don't discount ACTUAL MATH for everyone else. Nobody else here is in your group or has any frame of reference for how good you actually are with anecdote. Simcraft modules are only as good as the people that write them, but most of them are quite solid. They support fight lengths, long periods of time off target, helter skelter movement, etc. These aren't just patchwork babby's first simulation tools.

Anyone that is good wtihout knowing what they're doing? Great! good for you. Guarantee you'd be better if you gave a shit though. I don't really care what people do themselves, but it's super annoying to see it as a "I'm better than you because I play without mods, or sims, or logs" type stuff, that happens on every forum, especially to people who are either discussing numbers or asking for advice it's just steering them in the wrong direction entirely.

There is a LOT to be said for understanding why things work out the way they do and how to temper numbers with reality - it happens all the time, and all of the best players in the world do that. But that's very different from flat out discounting the basic knowledge in the first place.

/rant off.

cdyhybrid

The players in the best guilds in the world might need to sim things, but I don't. That's why my Normal kills are more impressive than their Mythic world firsts.

Renekton

Nobody else here is in your group or has any frame of reference for how good you actually are with anecdote. Simcraft modules are only as good as the people that write them, but most of them are quite solid. They support fight lengths, long periods of time off target, helter skelter movement, etc. These aren't just patchwork babby's first simulation tools.
I don't really listen to simulations. I got to my DPS by myself, and well, usually topping the charts has worked out for me. I still use the basic UI and I've never had an issue topping out the charts. I don't listen to the simucrap, it's too much of a crotch.
This reminds me too much of Moneyball :D

Rapstah

I was all set for finishing the Love is in the Air achievements that I started in 2010 and then I saw how much shit you have to do and now I don't want to play WoW at all.

Top Bottom