• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Robin64

The pet you get for the Heroes of the Storm promotion, like the Hearthsteed for playing Hearthstone, is awesome.

graveGolem.jpg

Mordeccai

Blizzard definitely has a thing for Arnie.

First Croman, now these two guys.

I've been a huge Ahnold fan ever since I saw Mr. Freeze as a kid, and then Commando a few months later. I legit giggled with joy when I first looked up the Franz fight and heard the I'll be back impersonation. If there was one way for them to make a boss fun for me, it's throwing in a dash of the Schwarz.

Lanrutcon

Did 4 heroic bosses in Foundry last night. Not really digging all the running around as a Warlock. It's probably more fun as a Hunter or something that isn't completely gimped by heavy movement.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Did 4 heroic bosses in Foundry last night. Not really digging all the running around as a Warlock. It's probably more fun as a Hunter or something that isn't completely gimped by heavy movement.

Blast furnace and Beastlord are a fucking hoot. =|

Mordeccai

The warlock in our guild was not having a fun time during beast lord. We needed a way to ensure Spears were going down consistently so he went affliction and just multi dotted Spears and the boss.

Whenever he spoke on vent he sounded so sad and bored.

My dual wield frost DK, on the other hand had a heyday cleaving all the adds. Though I do wish Blizz would buff howling blasts dmg.

Either the pub I was in was slow on calling out trains or my raid was just slow, but damn Operator is one of the fights you have to react immediately. Got extremely lucky with loot, 2 tier pieces :p. All in normal though. Fury 4 piece seems kind of lame compared to arms 4 piece. Flame bender seemed trivial for melee, very hectic looking, and I liked kromag.

M.D

What keyboards are you guys using? I'd like to buy a new gaming keyboard and possibly a mouse

I have the SteelSeries RAW Frost Blue mouse which is actually good and comfortable, but only has 2 side buttons, and one of them I use to make my character walk without the keyboard

If I get some gaming keyboard that has a few extra keys and stuff for games I could probably keep that mouse for now

cdyhybrid

What keyboards are you guys using? I'd like to buy a new gaming keyboard and possibly a mouse

I have the SteelSeries RAW Frost Blue mouse which is actually good and comfortable, but only has 2 side buttons, and one of them I use to make my character walk without the keyboard

If I get some gaming keyboard that has a few extra keys and stuff for games I could probably keep that mouse for now

Some cheap $20 keyboard I got from Best Buy or something.

Negator

So how's everyone doing in Blackrock Foundry? We were only able to do 8/10 normal because we were doing it on off raid hours, and we managed to get all the 'easy' heroic bosses, so at 6/10.

The entirety of Thursday night was spent wiping to heroic Operator Thogar. Four hours of adds, trains, marks, yelling, screaming, and death. Killed him on the last pull of the night which is always a good feeling.

Edit: I don't know how interested GAF would be, but I plan on streaming the raid next week.

cdyhybrid

So how's everyone doing in Blackrock Foundry? We were only able to do 8/10 normal because we were doing it on off raid hours, and we managed to get all the 'easy' heroic bosses, so at 6/10.

The entirety of Thursday night was spent wiping to heroic Operator Thogar. Four hours of adds, trains, marks, yelling, screaming, and death. Killed him on the last pull of the night which is always a good feeling.

Pugged 4/10 N successfully so far, with good attempts on 3 other bosses in groups that fell apart before the kill due to PUG fuckery.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Edit: I don't know how interested GAF would be, but I plan on streaming the raid next week.

I joined a pug that wiped twice within the first two pulls and then everyone left. About as far as I have made it :/

Renekton

I only hit 2/10N haha, 1st PuG disbanded after 2 wipes at Gruul, 2nd disbanded after wiping to Beastmaster.

Couldn't get into other PuGs since healer slots (especially rdruid) fill up insanely fast in Raid Finder. I need to pick up Balance.

Entropia

No One Remembers
My guild went 9/10 Normal and 2/10 Heroic. We're going to finish off Blackhand on Normal tomorrow night then continue in heroic.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Razer Blackwidow keyboard, Logitech G600 mouse.

Man, guys... if you didn't know already, hell hath no wrath like a woman's scorn. It's amazing how a few small lies will be used against you to bleed your guild dry because of a pissed off heart.

And here I just play the game for fun. :(

Alex

I skipped Pandaria entirely but out of the rest, I think BRF is my favorite raid in the game after Ulduar. It's really fun.

Basically my gm had interest in another gm, they played together in my guild, he told some lies, broke her trust and her heart, and now she's taking everyone she can convince into her guild - and it isn't pretty. In the meantime, people who were friends that are not even talking anymore because it's becomes a "sides" thing.

I'm about ready to just go freelance and say fuck being in a guild.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I skipped Pandaria entirely but out of the rest, I think BRF is my favorite raid in the game after Ulduar. It's really fun.

I like it a lot so far. Number one for me is currently ToT but if I spent enough time in here, I could see BRF overtaking it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Basically my gm had interest in another gm, they played together in my guild, he told some lies, broke her trust and her heart, and now she's taking everyone she can convince into her guild - and it isn't pretty. In the meantime, people who were friends that are not even talking anymore because it's becomes a "sides" thing.

I'm about ready to just go freelance and say fuck being in a guild.

Yikes, that's a lot of drama. Can't blame you for bailing on that. Going freelance isn't much fun though, I hate trying to find a competent group for new content. They may as well put in a Raid Finder for normal mode and up, you tend to get the same sort of people that you do in traditional RF anyway. The only difference is ilvl. If my weekday nights were free I'd totally join a guild over going it alone.

br3wnor

So I hit 100 the other day after about a week. Haven't played the game in a while but jumped back in with WOD and a boosted 90. I'm a lvl 100 Protection Warrior but I'm kinda at a loss about the best path forward.

I have ilvl of 587 and the only dungeon I can run right now is Skyreach which I ran 3 times tonight and ended up w/ the same stupid trinket from the last boss 3 times in a row. I need ilvl 595 gear to do the next tier of dungeons and don't really feel like farming Skyreach.

What's quickest way to get some gear that could get me into the 595 range? I really don't want to go back to my pre-lvl 100 unfinished questing and looking through my backlog there's mostly gold rewards which I don't have a ton of use for right now. So much content opened up when I hit 100 that it was kind of overwhelming and I don't really know what's the most efficient path.

Thanks for any help

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I hit 100 the other day after about a week. Haven't played the game in a while but jumped back in with WOD and a boosted 90. I'm a lvl 100 Protection Warrior but I'm kinda at a loss about the best path forward.

I have ilvl of 587 and the only dungeon I can run right now is Skyreach which I ran 3 times tonight and ended up w/ the same stupid trinket from the last boss 3 times in a row. I need ilvl 595 gear to do the next tier of dungeons and don't really feel like farming Skyreach.

What's quickest way to get some gear that could get me into the 595 range? I really don't want to go back to my pre-lvl 100 unfinished questing and looking through my backlog there's mostly gold rewards which I don't have a ton of use for right now. So much content opened up when I hit 100 that it was kind of overwhelming and I don't really know what's the most efficient path.

Thanks for any help

Nagrand quests. Go finish Nagrand.

Alex

Thanks for any help

Can always grab handy notes and the draenor addon for it and go treasure hunting in Nagrand if you havent.

Son1x

Thanks for any help

Doing quests in Nagrand or some casual PvP will do. You can get the 600/620 PvP gear pretty fast just with BGs. Garrison missions perhaps, although I'm not sure how much time you put into it.

strafer

Thanks for any help

Why don't you wanna finish the zones? Blizzard worked hard on that, you just can't leave it.

Thanks for any help

Go to auction house and buy the lvl91 epic ilvl640 tanking trinket, its pretty decent and should boost you into the next tier. Also do the boss for the love is in the air until you win the epic ilvl635 necks. If you still need more, go win some quick events in ashran for the boxes that gives blue ilvl620 random loot.

br3wnor

Why don't you wanna finish the zones? Blizzard worked hard on that, you just can't leave it.

I'm just kinda burned out since I played close to 40 hours of mostly questing in past weekish to get to lvl 100. I'd like to finish the quest lines eventually, just wanted a break to do mostly garrison and dungeon stuff.

Thanks for the advice everyone

Microsoft Natural keyboard and a Steelseries Rival. I like to keep it simple.

M.D

Some cheap $20 keyboard I got from Best Buy or something.

that sounds similar to what i have now ;p

Razer Blackwidow keyboard, Logitech G600 mouse.

the 'normal blackwidow?
there's an 'expert' version sold here that i think is just the blackwidow without the fancy lighting

its called expert on amazon as well

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IG3GP84/?tag=neogaf0e-20

if you scroll down there's a chart with the different version, and it seems the only difference between this one and the chroma and ultimate is just the led keys

Microsoft Natural keyboard and a Steelseries Rival. I like to keep it simple.

i used to have this set which i freaking loved

po0YRHx.jpg

I'm using a Logitech G15 with a G600.

I'd like to replace the keyboard with a mechanical sometime soon though. Have had it for 5 years now and I think it's time to let it sail into the sunset.

Currently I'm in a guild comprised of only close friends. Slowly people have been either quitting or playing less and less. I have been only running LFR and that has been really boring since it's so easy and I run this alone with no one to talk to. since my guild is all but dead (although usually when I'm on I am the only person on), I have been thinking of two options.

Option 1) try to rekindle interest in the game by trying to join raiding pugs, but I have no experience in normal this expansion and am afraid that will be an obstacle.

Option 2) look for another guild for more social interaction. If they raid, great. If they don't raid, still better than being on in a guild by myself.

Maybe a combination of those options? I don't know.

I play on Deathwing, Alliance side. Warlock. Sitting at a current ilvl of 642.

Thanks for reading!

ampere

G13 and G600
http://gaming.logitech.com/assets/47825/g13-gaming-gameboard-images.png[IMG][IMG]http://gaming.logitech.com/assets/47823/g600-gaming-mouse-images.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

How do you like the mouse? Thinking about swapping to that if my Naga clicking keeps getting worse. I can't handle going back to a mouse without all the side-MMO buttons anymore.

And are those all "macro" buttons or do they just map to keys?

M.D

I'm using a Logitech G15 with a G600.

I'd like to replace the keyboard with a mechanical sometime soon though. Have had it for 5 years now and I think it's time to let it sail into the sunset.

G13 and G600
g13-gaming-gameboard-images.png
g600-gaming-mouse-images.png

Is the mouse comfortable to hold with all the these side keys? is it easy to get to used to where every key is?

I remember seeing the G13, how do you actually use it? do you have to take your hand off the keyboard every time you'd want to use? seems kinda weird considering you are using the left hand for all the movement and spells/abilities

Edit: Oh, also, just finished 4 bosses from Blackrock - Hans and Frankzog, Flamebender, Kromog and Beastlord Darmac
I thought we were doing the first few bosses on hc or highmaul so I haven't read or watched anything about any of these bosses before, and they were all surprisingly easy

It was normal, but mechanics wise none of them were very complicated. Hans and Frank was a really fun (and easy) fight like people said

Blast Furance is on another level so far, and I understand only Blackhand is harder than that fight

Overall really like the bosses in this raid so far

So today was my first try in the blackrock foundry with 3 friends of mine by starting a random group on normal. Killed Gruul and Hans & Franz pretty fast and had some good tries at the Beastlord, but his dragon kinda the raid every time.

Had a really fun time and am amazed that it really felt like raiding (which LFR clearly is not), but you're not bound to a raidgroup with fix raid times.

Looking forward to next sunday when we will we starting a group again. But I guess we will try Oregorger as a third boss, Beastermeaster seemed not that easy as someone claimed.

Kromog is probably my favourite boss in BRF so far, though Blackhand is surprisingly fun as well despite being pretty difficult. I wasn't expecting his fight to be enjoyable after Imperator.

ZenaxPure

Is the mouse comfortable to hold with all the these side keys? is it easy to get to used to where every key is?

Yes, it becomes second nature. I don't use that exact mouse (though I have a similar one) and honestly I could never go back to a basic mouse. Especially as someone who spent most of his life as a console gamer - having a bunch of mouse buttons emulates a controller without giving up all the benefits of having a mouse. 90% of my primarily used abilities are bound to my mouse buttons, I mostly use keyboard buttons for situational abilities.

I am actually looking to buy a new one at some point though, I have fairly small hands and my current mouse is not great for that, there are a couple of buttons I can't reach without moving my entire hand.

i used to have this set which i freaking loved

po0YRHx.jpg

Microsoft used to make better mice than anybody else in the business.

Then they gave up, who the hell knows why. I only bought a Rival because it was the closest in fit and comfort to the intellimouse explorer.

Top Bottom