• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

First week of these raids in pugs are awful

Was hoping most raid gorups would have the first few bosses on farm but lots of groups I get into have trouble on oregorger. It will get better though, highmaul's first week was awful as well.

Mordeccai

I had gotten so used to the slow, plodding pace of 2H frost that dual wield is a brain shock. I have to get used to banking runic power so I always have enough to cast frost strike on killing machine procs.

My numbers are lower for now but we killed heroic oregorger today and dps steadily climbed as I got more used to it.

I got 4 bosses down with pugs, Hans'gar and Beastlord on first try, Gruul took a couple of wipes, Oregorger was the most difficult because of too much people dying in the first rolling phase everytime and camera boss, I also switched to fire, fuck RoP.

I'll wait until next week for my buddies on vacation to continue but yeah pugs should get a lot better once everyone gets a couple of trys.

cdyhybrid

I got 4 bosses down with pugs, Hans'gar and Beastlord on first try, Gruul took a couple of wipes, Oregorger was the most difficult because of too much people dying in the first rolling phase everytime and camera boss, I also switched to fire, fuck RoP.

I'll wait until next week for my buddies on vacation to continue but yeah pugs should get a lot better once everyone gets a couple of trys.

Yeah, I might just switch to Fire. ROP is getting annoying. Are you using IF then?

Dysun

3/10 H on the first day. Not bad, Gruul and Beastlord were pushovers though. Thogar was a little tough on the first experience with it, but not too bad

ZenaxPure

I pugged the love ray achievement a bit ago and it was a bit like watching a sinking ship. Like I was about halfway down on the list and it was starting to get sketchy if people could hold it together before my turn came up (as people were bad at timing the rays and people were slowly running out of charges faster than we were getting new people). Occasionally a new person would come in and I just wanted to tell them that the chances of them getting it done in this group was probably not good, but, I had to make sure I actually got mine done. I feel bad about it >_>

Milennia

Probably going to switch to IF, RoP is supposedly the best talent for fire but I don't think is worth the trouble, specially when learning new fights.

there isn't a single fight in foundry you should use ROP as fire on, since the single target encounters are arcane fights.
IF is viable as arcane on all of the fights outside of gruul, where you just stand there anyway, the other fight i would consider it extremely strong for is kromog.
it can be played on all of the arcane fights however barring blackhand, but its not an immense dps loss to play IF.

the 5 fire encounters are all the same talents basically.
heavy movement, aoe.

LB-IF-kindling

you can swap kindling with meteor in some situations in this instance, but none of those situations have really shown light on heroic for me.

once you get the goren soul repository trinket your openers become consistent enough, 4 pce obviously being king of all tier right now but goren trinket does a solid job at giving you some decent openers as well.

without tier i had a 22k opener combust on thogar tonight for example, mostly due to the crit the trinket granted me, since I'm so damn low on crit thanks to mastery enchants and gems.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Where did the Druid mythic wings go? Did they really nerf a visual? They're completely gone from the model viewer. It's just the shoulders dripping and nothing else.

Robin64

They must be hiding a pretty big secret on the PTR, then.

wcGarrisonCampaign.png

Trickster

They must be hiding a pretty big secret on the PTR, then.

wcGarrisonCampaign.png

I stopped doing weekly garrison mission very quickly, like 2-3 weeks into the expansion. I thought they were just completely unrelated weekly mini quest hubs? Is that incorrect, and there's actually an overarching storyline?

Robin64

I stopped doing weekly garrison mission very quickly, like 2-3 weeks into the expansion. I thought they were just completely unrelated weekly mini quest hubs? Is that incorrect, and there's actually an overarching storyline?

The first bunch are part of a random selection, but then the order becomes linear and there is indeed an overarching story.

ZenaxPure

Near the end a story actually starts, not really interesting but its the first time in the expansion at level 100 where something was actually happening on Draenor so its better than literally nothing. Didn't end on a cliffhanger or anything really so who knows what's next.

Trickster

The first bunch are part of a random selection, but then the order becomes linear and there is indeed an overarching story.

Damn, guess I should start doing them again. Main reason I stopped was that it just felt like dumb random grinding quests with no real story or purpose.

Robin64

Damn, guess I should start doing them again. Main reason I stopped was that it just felt like dumb random grinding quests with no real story or purpose.

Oh don't worry, some of the quests are far from grinding. One of them is "Go and kill this named mob" and you do and they give nothing else. That's you done for the week!

Really bad questline, in my opinion.

ZenaxPure

To be honest they are really, only the last 4 form together to make a story, the rest of it is just random crap. The only memorable one IMO before the actual story stuff was the Yrel quests which I liked quite a bit, but, that is only one week and alliance only I assume.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Blackhand is captured and sentenced to trial, but on its trip to Shattrath the prison cart he's being transported in tumbles over; the crafty work of the Kairozdormu's ghost. With the assistance of this spectral time lord Blackhand spirals off to another timeline of Draenor, a reality where the native orcs actually stand a chance.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Blackhand is captured and sentenced to trial, but on its trip to Shattrath the prison cart he's being transported in tumbles over; the crafty work of the Kairozdormu's ghost. With the assistance of this spectral time lord Blackhand spirals off to another timeline of Draenor, a reality where the native orcs actually stand a chance.

Nice. But seriously though, it sounds so stupid that somehow I'm expecting Blizz to do it.

You can beat a boss and they don't die.

I'm well aware of that. I'm speaking in context to Blackhand as I very much doubt he'll live past BRF.

mclem

Oregorger was the most difficult because of too much people dying in the first rolling phase everytime and camera boss,

Yeah, we've not got Oregorger yet, and part of that's due to taking a few goes to find a positioning where people can actually *see* what's going on.

ampere

You forgot the part where the final boss of the next expac is Blackhand's dad

Grom is a terrible and boring villain : /

M.D

Just sent my followers to their first highmaul mythic mission with 86%... wish them luck

I'm switching back to boomkin after all the crap I talked about it lol
I still like playing feral over balannce but just the blast furance fight which is 2 phases of adds proved very diffiult as a feral and I already had trouble in a couple of highmaul fights and we will still run hc highmaul and try to progress on mythic
Our co-gm which is also the raid leader agreed and said he would prefer if I played but told me to stick with it if I switch

I'm gonna swith to either a hunter or warlock at some point as my main but I honestly can't decide which is more fun to play..
Warlock has awesome spells and some complexity with metamorphosis plus great raid utility

Hunter mobility is so goddamn on its own

Yeah, we've not got Oregorger yet, and part of that's due to taking a few goes to find a positioning where people can actually *see* what's going on.

People can stay in the center and call out where he's going (as well as run past him after a collision) and your more mobile dps use this information to clear the perimeter so they don't need to constantly twirl their camera to see where he is at all times.

Tacitus_

Having done 2 wings so far, my favorite boss has to be the conveyer belt twins. Sooo fun and the Ahnold VA is just icing on the cake.

I'm skimming through the thread and I'm seeing bits and pieces of potential story spoilers - can we keep those in spoiler tags please? Please don't say "lol who cares about the story" because I do and I'll hook u in the gabr m8.

there isn't a single fight in foundry you should use ROP as fire on, since the single target encounters are arcane fights.
IF is viable as arcane on all of the fights outside of gruul, where you just stand there anyway, the other fight i would consider it extremely strong for is kromog.
it can be played on all of the arcane fights however barring blackhand, but its not an immense dps loss to play IF.

the 5 fire encounters are all the same talents basically.
heavy movement, aoe.

LB-IF-kindling

you can swap kindling with meteor in some situations in this instance, but none of those situations have really shown light on heroic for me.

once you get the goren soul repository trinket your openers become consistent enough, 4 pce obviously being king of all tier right now but goren trinket does a solid job at giving you some decent openers as well.

without tier i had a 22k opener combust on thogar tonight for example, mostly due to the crit the trinket granted me, since I'm so damn low on crit thanks to mastery enchants and gems.

thanks for the info, that's what I got from guides, haven't used fire since the start of cata but the rotation is almost the same that I remember.

what about dps? I was doing around 24k with 666ilvl

ZenaxPure

Grom is a terrible and boring villain : /

I think Grom serves his purpose fine. I mean don't get me wrong, you are 100% right, he is not a great bad guy but I don't really think he is meant to be an interesting bad guy. I look at him as more of a side effect of Kairoz/Garrosh's actions, he is as much of a character as like say the heart of Y'shaarj was (though I think I'd argue Y'shaarj was more interesting than Grom lol).

I think my real problem with the whole thing is it feels like we're just spinning our wheels despite being at the start of the expansion. Between the Tanaan opening quest chain, the various dungeons, and BRF we've already dismantled like 95% of the Iron Horde so Grom seems like he is just cowering in a corner somewhere in Tanaan instead of actually doing something. To compound the problem they haven't really set up any other plot lines so if we get another raid before Grom's it is going to feel incredibly random story-wise. I mean there is whatever is going on with Gul'dan I guess (which I do find interesting) but I assume they are just going to drip that out slowly over the course of the expansion.

Why can't my mythic highmaul cache be from brf instead :(.

Seems odd Rukhmar doesn't drop pants/glove tokens. Definitely going to make getting a 4 piece tough.

Adaren

Seems odd Rukhmar doesn't drop pants/glove tokens. Definitely going to make getting a 4 piece tough.

It's not that odd. The MoP Celestials dropped tier so that casual players could attain some solid gear for a minimal time investment each week. Garrison missions fulfill that purpose in WoD.

ampere

I think Grom serves his purpose fine. I mean don't get me wrong, you are 100% right, he is not a great bad guy but I don't really think he is meant to be an interesting bad guy. I look at him as more of a side effect of Kairoz/Garrosh's actions, he is as much of a character as like say the heart of Y'shaarj was (though I think I'd argue Y'shaarj was more interesting than Grom lol).

I think my real problem with the whole thing is it feels like we're just spinning our wheels despite being at the start of the expansion. Between the Tanaan opening quest chain, the various dungeons, and BRF we've already dismantled like 95% of the Iron Horde so Grom seems like he is just cowering in a corner somewhere in Tanaan instead of actually doing something. To compound the problem they haven't really set up any other plot lines so if we get another raid before Grom's it is going to feel incredibly random story-wise. I mean there is whatever is going on with Gul'dan I guess (which I do find interesting) but I assume they are just going to drip that out slowly over the course of the expansion.

Yeah maybe Tanaan will be really fleshed out when we finally get there and it will look like he has been doing something. Gul'dan is a better 'final' boss for the expac though

Yeah maybe Tanaan will be really fleshed out when we finally get there and it will look like he has been doing something. Gul'dan is a better 'final' boss for the expac though

How cool would it be if we get back to Tanaan Jungle only to find the Burning Legion's shown up anyway?

Top Bottom