• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Pollux

So...GAF guild is dead?

I'm gonna resub when I build my new PC on March and would like a decent guild to join. Hopefully pretty good sized and helpful.

Suggestions on servers?

lexi

Banned
Killed Blackhand tonight... on Normal. Bleh was not expecting to have so much trouble with a Normal mode boss given that we have ~680 ilevel. Wasn't too bad once we had a good strat for P2/P3, but what an unforgiving boss with odd mechanics. I feel like it's a bit overtuned, idk.

The whole place is fucking ridiculous. It's fine if it was a tier ahead, but it's not. Either the whole raid needs huge nerfs or it needs to drop higher ilvl.

Renekton

The whole place is fucking ridiculous. It's fine if it was a tier ahead, but it's not. Either the whole raid needs huge nerfs or it needs to drop higher ilvl.
Hopefully it's a learning curve thing.

Right now Normal BRF pugs are mostly inviting people geared one tier higher (660+), rather than people geared from N HM (650+) which should be the natural progression.

lexi

Banned
Hopefully it's a learning curve thing.

Right now Normal BRF pugs are mostly inviting people geared one tier higher (660+), rather than people geared from N HM (650+) which should be the natural progression.

Maybe. Some of the healing requirements in Heroic BRF is pretty bonkers. I raid with some above average healers but even then it's pretty crazy.

Nothing in HM would have prepared healers for what happens in BRF, where the amount of coordination with people spread more than fifty yards apart is beyond what would have been required of all but the most poorly executed HM fights.

Renekton

Nothing in HM would have prepared healers for what happens in BRF, where the amount of coordination with people spread more than fifty yards apart is beyond what would have been required of all but the most poorly executed HM fights.
Maybe. Some of the healing requirements in Heroic BRF is pretty bonkers. I raid with some above average healers but even then it's pretty crazy.
Hmm sounds like Heroic is overtuned?

From my pugging experience, normal BRF healing has not been problematic so far (haven't tried later bosses like Blackhand tho).

Anyone looking to get back in, or someone needing/wanting to get a friend back in, I have 2 keys I'm looking to sell since I wont be upgrading my accounts, PM me.

Trickster

Eh, my guild that is 4/7 on mythic in Highmaul downed the first 7 bosses in BRF without too much fuss over 3 nights. Yeah we wiped 10+ times on a couple of them, but definitely nothing super hard. Last 3 bosses might be a cut above the rest though based on what I've seen and heard. So maybe those get nerfed a bit. But overall most of the bosses in BRF are really not that tough.

Tacitus_

Eh, my guild that is 4/7 on mythic in Highmaul downed the first 7 bosses in BRF without too much fuss over 3 nights. Yeah we wiped 10+ times on a couple of them, but definitely nothing super hard. Last 3 bosses might be a cut above the rest though based on what I've seen and heard. So maybe those get nerfed a bit. But overall most of the bosses in BRF are really not that tough.

Blackhand is tough for tanks and melee since for once they need to do the mechanics for the fight. It was kinda sad watching them blow up mines like nobody's business and having the tanks throw off half our raid off the platform in p3.

vocab

Most of the fights werent too bad. Blast furnace gave us problems with 26 people though. Didn't help we stuck to some gimmicky mind control strat. Dropped a few people and killed it. Can't comment on maidens or black hand yet. Only did 8 bosses on heroic the first week. Look forward to mythicmythic with my shit ass guild.

Lanrutcon

Overall foundry is pretty cool. I mean, Oregorger is stupid as fuck. The 2 aoe fights are opportunities for the try hards to artifically boost their dps meters instead of actually helping. Blackhand is overtuned as balls. But in general? much betterthan HM.

Robin64

Be sure to get Heirlooms from DMF now if you are interested in those, as they change in 6.1

Currently they are 1 to 80 heirlooms and when 6.1 hits, those that you've bought will be the 1 to 90 versions.
But new ones from DMF in 6.1 will be 1 to 60 and you'll need to buy the upgrade too.
Basically buying them now gives you the upgrade for free.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oregorger is the only fight in BRF that I consider 'bad' so far. Not as in hard as in just not fun at all.

As opposed to HM where I think they're all kind of bad.

ampere

Yeah I don't mind it being challenging, but a boss who drops 665 loot is harder than 685 bosses in Mythic Highmaul? #loltuning

Not to mention my set bonuses are terrible (Brewmaster) so I don't even feel like I'll get much stronger until we kill some Mythic BRF bosses. 2 piece is a little free energy and 4 piece is barely any extra EB since I purify at light a lot

Be sure to get Heirlooms from DMF now if you are interested in those, as they change in 6.1

Currently they are 1 to 80 heirlooms and when 6.1 hits, those that you've bought will be the 1 to 90 versions.
But new ones from DMF in 6.1 will be 1 to 60 and you'll need to buy the upgrade too.

They cost twice as many tickets now I think.

I'm annoyed that all the heirlooms I upgraded to 85 are basically invalidated... lots of justice point farming :x. I guess I did use the majority of them after that though, so it wasn't worthless.

Robin64

They cost twice as many tickets now I think.

I'm annoyed that all the heirlooms I upgraded to 85 are basically invalidated... lots of justice point farming :x. I guess I did use the majority of them after that though, so it wasn't worthless.

They will cost less if you plan to upgrade.

By that I mean, let's take the Tattered Robe.

Right now it's 110 tickets. Come 6.1, that'll get you the 1 to 90 version.

In 6.1, the robe is 50 tickets (for 1 to 60) and the item to upgrade it to the 1 to 90 version is 100 tickets. 150 total.

Of course, if you don't plan to upgrade them beyond 60 and just want the heirloom mount, then absolutely wait for 6.1

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have always ALWAYS been of the opinion that split tiers suck. Like I get that you want to put some variety in raiding but the raids are already so long now, you could repeat them several times weekly due to difficulty settings, and the first half of the split tier shit is almost always far worse than the second half.

World bosses should have replaced split tiers and just kept it 1 big raid every tier. Highmaul feels so rushed compared to BRF. I had the same issues with the first tier of MoP.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So...GAF guild is dead?

I'm gonna resub when I build my new PC on March and would like a decent guild to join. Hopefully pretty good sized and helpful.

Suggestions on servers?

Yeah. Pretty sure me and Keeblerdrow were the only two that played with any sort of frequency. I transferred my rogue off there to where all my toons are via a free transfer like a year or so ago.

Renekton

I have always ALWAYS been of the opinion that split tiers suck. Like I get that you want to put some variety in raiding but the raids are already so long now, you could repeat them several times weekly due to difficulty settings, and the first half of the split tier shit is almost always far worse than the second half.

World bosses should have replaced split tiers and just kept it 1 big raid every tier. Highmaul feels so rushed compared to BRF. I had the same issues with the first tier of MoP.
Do you mean split difficulty or split raid sections?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do you mean split difficulty or split raid sections?

Obviously tier itself doesn't drop on HM but the basic idea of having two raids within the same 'tier'. Either with same ilevel or a slight increase. Like having Naxx with EoE and Sarth or Tier 14 being Terrace/HoF.

Renekton

Obviously tier itself doesn't drop on HM but the basic idea of having two raids within the same 'tier'. Either with same ilevel or a slight increase. Like having Naxx with EoE and Sarth or Tier 14 being Terrace/HoF.
I don't get it hmm... if you have BRF gears, you don't need to run Highmaul since it's 10 ilvl lower?

ampere

They will cost less if you plan to upgrade.

By that I mean, let's take the Tattered Robe.

Right now it's 110 tickets. Come 6.1, that'll get you the 1 to 90 version.

In 6.1, the robe is 100 tickets (for 1 to 60) and the item to upgrade it to the 1 to 90 version is 50 tickets. 150 total.

Of course, if you don't plan to upgrade them beyond 60 and just want the heirloom mount, then absolutely wait for 6.1

Yeah I think you are right but got the base item and upgrade costs flipped. The upgrade tokens are the meat of the price

ampere

Yeah just a bummer that the ones I didn't use after upgrading to 85 were a waste of JP, boo.

Now I kinda wish I had gotten all the Garrosh heirlooms since they'll be in the tab. I only got half of them I think.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah just a bummer that the ones I didn't use after upgrading to 85 were a waste of JP, boo.

Now I kinda wish I had gotten all the Garrosh heirlooms since they'll be in the tab. I only got half of them I think.

Shoulda bought them in 6.0. They were going for like 4k a run towards the end

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah I got garrosh heirlooms for most specs/classes, but no daggers or feral/guardian weapon. Just means my rogue is going to be combat from 90-100 and my druid might have to boomkin.

ampere

Shoulda bought them in 6.0. They were going for like 4k a run towards the end

Yeah we were selling them on Horde, but some of my toons were ally. And I used my Shaman to get another agi 1hander for my monk instead of a spellpower staff or mace. Oh well

Do multiples of the same one (or multiples across difficulty tiers) count as separate heirlooms for the achievement? I have 3x 2H axes and 2x staves.

They said only the highest level one will show up in your book, but you can make multiple copies of it.

They'll be available for gold so it isn't so bad. DMF tickets were a poor expenditure and really only viable because of a lack of an alternative anyways.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The thing that sucks is the crafted BoE 640 weapons are way better for leveling than the Garrosh heirlooms and they take you from 90-100.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Despite loving BRF, I've weirdly found my focus shifted to gold farming this expansion. They kind of shit up the economy, but that's kind of fun? Has me approaching it in new ways. It's also motivated me to get off my ass and leave the garrison so I can run old raids for cloth and trash and whatnot.

ampere

Yeah I am going pretty hard on gold making right now as my goal is to buy all the TCG mounts this expac. Only have the rooster so far since that one looks amazing.

They are insanely cheap on the Illidan AH, maybe duped idk, but it's a bit harder to get gold over there. Sometimes can get it from sale runs or guildies

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got a spectral tiger for 150k. Lowest I've seen them. This is on Zul'jin. Rooster Eggs were going for like 160k last time I checked. I would have saved the gold to buy some CMs for alts but the weapons aren't worth it like the armor was.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I guess no 6.1 this week either? Man, not even a content patch, don't know why its taking so long.

I'm rather fine trying to fight with people who can't learn raid mechanics rather than fighting people who can't learn raid mechanics and can't read patch notes with a free side of undocumented "features".

StMeph

I got a spectral tiger for 150k. Lowest I've seen them. This is on Zul'jin. Rooster Eggs were going for like 160k last time I checked. I would have saved the gold to buy some CMs for alts but the weapons aren't worth it like the armor was.

Spectrals are 275k on Dragonmaw-Mug'thol-Akama, Magic Roosters between 250-300k. Swift Spectrals around 400-500k, depending on seller.

Apparently a Feldrake went for only 110k on the AH a few days ago. Those are still worth 200-250k, from what I've seen.

Pollux

Yeah. Pretty sure me and Keeblerdrow were the only two that played with any sort of frequency. I transferred my rogue off there to where all my toons are via a free transfer like a year or so ago.
Damn, that sucks. Now I need to find a new guild and server lol

XceptioN

Neo Member
Just took a look at the Gdoc for GAF players and there only appears to be one Alt character on my server Thunderlord. I was hoping to find some fellow players seeing that I recently resubbed without any of my gaming buddies.

Is there a way around this? I heard that there were some merged servers or something like that.

Anyway, I play on weekends and some weekday nights, usually Tuesday and Wednesday (EST). I am currently leveling up my 87 undead shadow priest and would let to dip my toe into some raiding when I get up to it. So if anyone has a guild I can join let me know. I don't want to pay for server changes because I am a fairly casual player.

My battle tag is XceptioN#1283.

ZenaxPure

Is there a way around this? I heard that there were some merged servers or something like that.

Some servers got merged, but that doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things. What does matter is CRZ which has been a thing for a long time now and over time the restrictions on it have been loosened to where we are at now. That being I think about the only thing you can't do cross server is mythic raiding or join someones guild.

Top Bottom