• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Son1x

I'm not 100% sure about it, but from what I've read on Wowhead comments, you need to kill the guardian dwarves as soon as they get hit by Razorscale's flame breath.

Again, I'm not 100% sure about it, so don't take my word for it.

That might be it. Although I don't remember killing any of them personally so the 3 I got are still a mistery. It was my first time in Ulduar too, so it couldn't have been from before.

Gonna try again with my ret pala alt now. I'm only missing 3 achis for the 10 man, including the mentioned one.

''Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare'' is really the bane of existence to solo it for me. I'm 13 out of 25, so I tried to do it yesterday again, but alas, I haven't managed to get more kills.

At least I got ''Disarmed'', that achievement was annoying for me.

You have 12-13 minutes to spawn adds, once the enrage timer hits, just reset. Im not sure what class you play, but it was super easy at 100, just very very time consuming. I did it as a Demo lock. I was dot wardens and sentries since they don't need to be alive, but I don't want them attacking the engineers. I then used syphon life tag the guardians and lower their health. My damage was too much for 3 ticks, so I took off 2 pieces of gear. The 3 ticks when then bring them down to 7-12% depending on multistrike hits. I did this for every spawn wave til the turrets were ready. I hit the 4 turrets and the ones under 10% got killed, the ones over went down to 1-3% and would get killed the next wave.

The biggest problem for me was that only 1/3 or 1/4 of the kills registered, so I ended up having to kill over 75 of the bastards. It took me as long to do that one acheiv as it did to clear the rest of the place, at least it felt like it.

edit: don't attack razor scale at all. Once she perma lands under 50%, no more adds spawn.

ZenaxPure

I know I've heard that the dailies in MoP was a bit over-the-top, but did they feel it was necessary to remove them? And no, I don't apexis quests as dailies (And frankly, they are very boring to do them.)

All they really needed to do to the MoP dailies was remove the valor gear from them. It was double gating the items for no real reason (once through rep and then again through valor points). But for some reason they couldn't figure that out during the expansion itself and instead added alternate ways to get the rep instead of fixing the real problem. Daily hubs should stand on their own as a way to try out creative ideas, which they tried to do in every MoP hub through stuff like the shado-pan bodyguards (which were terrible but 100% laid the ground work for WoD Bodyguards which are actually useful) to the personal friendship stuff with the tillers (which was awesome) and actually make the world feel alive as if things are actually happening in it (which WoD fails at so incredibly hard).

VoxPop

Such a chore to level to 100 on my alt even with all the heirlooms T_T

Really considering not wasting my time and just paying for the boost.

Also just one aspect assault away from getting the dragon soul raider meta :)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Every time I level an alt and need 5k for the ring, I will be sad

Just dont bother getting that ring on alts, why would you need it anyway? For questing? For farming? For heroics, old content and LFR? Unless that alt will do raids, it's not necessary.

cdyhybrid

Female Orc, male/female Undead, or male Troll for my Rogue? Trying to find videos of the combat animations on YouTube but it's apparently difficult :p

Female Orc, male/female Undead, or male Troll for my Rogue? Trying to find videos of the combat animations on YouTube but it's apparently difficult :p

I like Female Orc more for caster classes than melee. Male Undead have some sweet melee combat animations. I don't like Female Undead or Troll movement at all.

Tacitus_

Female undead "melee special" animation is a flip. You know what to roll. You can check animations using wowheads model viewer.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I thought Rukhmar was explicitly female, as Anzu is male and they were totes bf/gf

Son1x

That might be it. Although I don't remember killing any of them personally so the 3 I got are still a mistery. It was my first time in Ulduar too, so it couldn't have been from before.

Gonna try again with my ret pala alt now. I'm only missing 3 achis for the 10 man, including the mentioned one.

So I managed to do it. Like some others have reported, the kills are sometimes simply not counted. Took some time, but I got it.

After, I played a few RBGs and finaly got an item. Third one this year (played to 3 wins almost every week with 2, later 3 characters) and once again I got the same item I already owned. My shaman even got the same epic shoulders twice, despite already owning other epic shoulders on her.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've always liked male undead for rogue. They tend to look pretty rad in leather armor.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I don't think I've said it before, but I don't like Oregorger, especially on heroic (I dread thinking of doing it on Mythic).

Still, I managed to get my HC to 5/10, so that's pretty good.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
PVP blues are 620. Conquest is 660.
You can also find some pretty cheap BOEs on the AH if you have cash. I bought a few 670+ ones for 10k each to skip right to LFR on an alt. Dinged 100 a few days ago and can do BRF LFR.

M.D

HC Gruul, Hans&Franzok, Beastlord down

Hans&Franzok is really shitty for balance since its such a high movement fight and my casts take forever, so its basically running around refreshing dots for half the fight

We're continuing tomorrow but not sure I'll be there

Question about Highmaul. Was the ilvl requirements lowered at all for LFR? Kinda don't want to do 5 mans to be able to go.

If youre patient and/or rich, buy gear from the AH or wait it out for missions. My enhance sham is 612 (without 640 profession items) and I haven't stepped foot a dungeon except to get my 640 ring. Everything else came from missions.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'Transfer aborted: Instance Not Found'
wile.gif

Trickster

HC Gruul, Hans&Franzok, Beastlord down

Hans&Franzok is really shitty for balance since its such a high movement fight and my casts take forever, so its basically running around refreshing dots for half the fight

We're continuing tomorrow but not sure I'll be there

Stand on the areas between the conveyor belts. You can even avoid the molten metal plates and metal presses if you're standing on the edge away from either of the 2 hazzards.

Renekton

All I can say it, I pray to Cho'gall that the next expansion involves ZERO garrisons or followers. My only assumptions I can make based off the lack of solo content, reasons to do things other than raid or pvp(like 5 man dungeons), complete fine tuning(like wtf no transmute savage blood at launch? seriously) is that they spent all their development time on garrisons and testing the new race models.
Your deity Cho'gall is dead :D

Luckily for me, since I stopped after TBC, I can go back to do MoP quests and instances. Not much else to do since decent BRF pugs are really selective even on normal.

I gotta say, Pandaria is a lot better designed than Draenor.

Pandaria is a lot better designed than Draenor.

I wouldn't say it's a lot better. I had more fun my first trip through Pandaria but that experience is toast now that the exp curve is flattened out from 85-90 and you can fly the second you pop into Pandaria. Draenor rewards exploration much much more but it's mostly in service to your garrison which sucks after a month. Pandaria zones also frequently outstay their welcome so it's tough to force yourself to 'finish' them.

JSoup

Banned
Does anyone love hanging out in Brill?

Yes. It's one of the few Horde towns that's not a capital city where you consistently find a mix of players wandering around like "the hell am I going?".

I did it too when I was new. Like, here is Undercity, giant castle of a thing, then outside is all this forest and what the fuck is that over there? It's a creepy little down with lightening striking it every other second.

Chromax

''Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare'' is really the bane of existence to solo it for me. I'm 13 out of 25, so I tried to do it yesterday again, but alas, I haven't managed to get more kills.

I had huge trouble with this until I found out what you actually had to do for it. The achievement makes it seem like you have to let them get killed by Razorscale's flames. So I spent like 1 hour doing that and only getting like 1 kill.

Turns out when he breath the fire, the mobs that get hit gets a debuff that goes away really quickly. You have to kill them before that debuff goes away. On my last try I gathered a huge pile of mobs and right when they got the debuff from the breath, I divine storm'd for instant achievement.

ZenaxPure

Is this the first time an end of content tier boss has lived more than a single lockout since TBC?

I feel like I must be missing something in your question because if you are asking if bosses have managed to make it past the first week they were available on heroic then yeah, quite a few bosses have: Lich King, Rags, Lei Shen, Garrosh off the top of my head. Also I am not entirely sure how we judge raid tiers at the start of the expansion (because of leveling/gearing and all that) but H Al'akir lasted almost 2 months after the launch of Cata and the first kill was 10 man, the 25 man didn't come for a bit later.

Trickster

The craziest thing about the BRF race so far is how long it's taking the other guilds to kill Blast Furnace. In recent years, normally after first kills on the hardest non endbosses in raids, you start to see a trickle of other guilds manage to get the kills on them maybe 1-1½ days after the initial kill.

Blast Furnace's just been an iron wall for everyone except the two kings of pve.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I finally got some garrison followers to 645, I've had super shitty luck with weapon upgrade items, like not getting any for weeks at a time shitty, and on my first Heroic Highmaul cache I get the tanking trinket off the final boss that has eluded me all this time. The joy in my heart cannot be stopped, I want to sing and dance and kiss some random chick in Times Square. I wasn't this pumped when I finally got my Thunderfury.

Got tired of waiting to get my old laptop back so I updated WoW on our old laptop and did heroic BRF tonight with my guild. Was my first time doing any of the fights except for the first 2 in LFR. Ended up going 6/10. Gruul was meh, Oregorger or w/e was ok, Beastlord was ok, the train boss was cool but killed my framerate, Hanz and Franz was my favorite fight this expansion, and Flamebender or w/e didn't even feel like a boss until the last 10%.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Does 0 Keeper Yogg count? Because that lasted into the next tier if I remember right.

I don't think anyone killed that one until ICC was getting ready to come out, Yogg 0 was a goddamn monster. My guild didn't bother doing anything less than 1 until like half-way into ICC before the final wing opened up and we had nothing else to do.

I don't think anyone killed that one until ICC was getting ready to come out, Yogg 0 was a goddamn monster. My guild didn't bother doing anything less than 1 until like half-way into ICC before the final wing opened up and we had nothing else to do.

If I remember right like halfway through 3.2 a guild found an exploit and killed him but got banned, and then a few weeks later a Taiwanese or Chinese raid killed it legitimately for the first time.

There was also something crazy like Affliction Lock stacking in order to do the damage required because of the need to face away from the boss in the final phase quite frequently.

A similar case IIRC was Nefarian in Blackwing Descent with Feral Druids and having some OP as fuck bleed snap-shotting interacting with a mechanic somehow.

Top Bottom