• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Yep! Raid leader/GM of Nihilum currently.

Not very good now though, at all.

Only when compared to the top five guilds I guess?

Still leading a top 50 guild so I wouldn't sell any part of him short apart from his playtime, which is what I truly believe divides the top five from the following hundred.

Karl Hawk

Banned
No, he was definitely not in Method for a bit. That does happen though, a fight and a gkick or gquit and then people making up

Blackhand is trying to kill guilds before they kill him :p

I see.

And speaking of guild-killing raid bosses, was there any raid boss (Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, whatever) that caused guilds to fall apart? Kinda curious about that. :p

Tacitus_

I see.

And speaking of guild-killing raid bosses, was there any raid boss (Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, whatever) that caused guilds to fall apart? Kinda curious about that. :p

Oh, plenty. The (vanilla) Four Horsemen killed guilds because you needed loads of tanks for it and everyone was poaching them. Razorgore in BWL probably did a number on guilds as well since it was quite a difficulty jump compared to MC stuff.

Then there was this fucker in TBC

REiqex0.jpg

that fucking floating windchime.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hate the world boss placement in WoD.

Timeless was perfect. Major questing hub, made it easy to just pop in on alts and kill him evne if you're not in a group. Seeable by the whole zone practically, close to the F P, easy 'respawn' etc.
I see.

Brutallus was where you told your main warrior tank for years to fuck off and make a bear

So with the huge drop in TCG mount prices, is now a good time to snatch some up and save them? Or is the cat out of the bag, and the price forever lower?

ampere

So with the huge drop in TCG mount prices, is now a good time to snatch some up and save them? Or is the cat out of the bag, and the price forever lower?

Your guess is as good as mine... I am trying to buy all the TCG mounts this expac, I got all the TCG pets during MoP. I only need 2 or so million gold haha

Okay...

So I'm soloing Ulduar, and I kill FL. Then out of NO WHERE I start getting Sky-Lazers following me around, giving me Hodir's Fury and freezing me in place.

I continue onto Razorscale and there I get INFINITELY frozen with Hodir's Fury, with TONS of dwarf mobs in the background, and I cannot do anything. At all.

I opened a ticket, heres hoping a GM responds soon.

Below is a screenshot, notice how many mobs are in the background...its doubled since then.

vTDaQmG.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Okay...

So I'm soloing Ulduar, and I kill FL. Then out of NO WHERE I start getting Sky-Lazers following me around, giving me Hodir's Fury and freezing me in place.

I continue onto Razorscale and there I get INFINITELY frozen with Hodir's Fury, with TONS of dwarf mobs in the background, and I cannot do anything. At all.

I opened a ticket, heres hoping a GM responds soon.

Below is a screenshot, notice how many mobs are in the background...its doubled since then.

vTDaQmG.jpg

Why opening a ticket? Can't you just wait for the mobs to kill you?

Why opening a ticket? Can't you just wait for the mobs to kill you?

They couldn't, I had spirit bond on. It took about 45 minutes to an hour for them to get through all my armor and break it, thus barely being able to kill me.

A GM hit me up about 10 minutes after that, go figure.

M.D

Finally got used to all the fights in highmaul as ranged

The only one that I still have trouble with is imp.. the cast bar on the mines tricking down gives me a heart attack every time lol
as a melee I almost never had to worry about it, but I keep looking at it and moving before its over and end up screwing up my entire rotation and getting really low dps

edit:

aww yeah

Schematic: Flash Bomb
bought for 40 sold for 2500

love me some flipping on the ah

Robin64

One shotted Slagworks LFR on the PTR and that was when items were all scaled to 635. Going to be hilarious on live. Liked the Blast Furnace fight, mind.

Got mount #248 today with Lifebinder's Handmaiden dropping from Deathwing. Still have two more mounts there and I'll continue my weekly Malygos (for Blue), Ulduar, and ICC runs. I also finally just bought my way up to 600 leatherworking and then had a bunch of leathers stored up and am now at 630 leather. Shouldn't take too much more work to get to 700 and get that mount as well.

Just keep chugging along.

Not bad to get a new raid mount two weeks in a row. Next week I'm sure I'll get both Mimiron and Invincible. Right?

VinFTW

Only when compared to the top five guilds I guess?

Still leading a top 50 guild so I wouldn't sell any part of him short apart from his playtime, which is what I truly believe divides the top five from the following hundred.

I genuinely think they're not good. We raided like 16-20 hours a week, they raided close to 8 hours a day for progression and we finished 2000+ places ahead of them for SoO?

Anyways, thought you guys might enjoy some old kill videos. Was going through them trying to remember good ole times during progression:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KnlBwbQFps

US 5th Heroic Siegecrafter kill back in the day. One of the hardest bosses I've ever done, took over a hundred wipes. As you can tell, the nerd screams were hilarious at the end (kudos to our australian resto druid solo healing it who went nuts). I'm the prot warrior, Vakaria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGWupzHdm8

US 5th HC Garrosh. Man, what a long, shitty fight. Was fun to rewatch the last heroic progression boss I've done.

as you can tell I miss progression raiding

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been really enjoying not serious raiding this expansion. Don't know why. I'm sure the bug will hit me in a few months, but I've liked just watching other people do it. Making gold, farming mounts, farming rep, etc instead.

Been testing out a lot of classes I never gave serious time to before in WoD because of this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sarth 3d wasn't guild breaking, but it was the only remotely challenging thing early in that tier.

EoE was kind of annoying just because people didn't understand vehicles.

vocab

Can i get a trinket tonight. I haven't been competitive on logs ever since like 4/7 mythic highmaul. Guess that happens when your guild anit that good.

mclem

Guys, Warcraftlogs isn't reporting any healing from Beacon of Light from one of my guild's Holy Paladins.

Guys, guys.
80r9oHt.png

If you heal the beacon target, you get mana back from it. I guess if you're a *really* devoted MT healer, that would come at the expense of BOL healing.

WotLK was when they started to have different difficulty tiers, so that was more or less the end of guild destroying bosses. Before that point if you got stuck on a boss for any real length if time, that was quite likely the end of your guild.

Probably the first two BWL bosses killed the most guilds. You'd get stuck there a bit, and geared people would start leaving.

So I was a dumbass... accidentally got locked out of Blast Furnace on LFR responding to someone in my guild. Learned though that if you're ranged, you can stand in the corner by the cart on the right against the gate that goes up and shoot anything in range. My pet wouldn't go through there but at least I didn't feel completely useless.

Atlantis

If you heal the beacon target, you get mana back from it. I guess if you're a *really* devoted MT healer, that would come at the expense of BOL healing.

Even in that situation, there would (or should) at least be healing from Beacon of Faith.

80r9oHt.png

Reaching a boss with a semi-decent healing requirement then discovering huge issues with my healing team is becoming a pattern at this point.

Renekton

AQ40 trash was nowhere near as bad, if you could handle BWL it wasn't that hard. Muru was a huge huge huge dick though. Holy shit Muru I hate you.
My vanilla guild disbanded because of it (I think it was TE trash). On hindsight, maybe ignoring AQ40 and flasking thru Spider Wing could have been better. Most of us were single with comfy jobs so could have easily bought gold for bruteforce flasking, but didn't.

The guild leader has been on facebook p2w games and never looked back since.

Dysun

someone answered you above but yeah, basically Sco and Kuznam (Gm and raid leader respectively) got into a heated argument and Sco kicked him.

Not a good sign for Method

Yep! Raid leader/GM of Nihilum currently.

Not very good now though, at all.

I didn't know that being the ~30th best guild in the world is something to be ashamed about
Them streaming everything on Twitch is pretty cool though

Got a new 650 off-hand for my Paladin in BRF LFR today. What's the status of Holy Paladins using off-hands as opposed to shields? It feels dumb but will I really lose anything by having less armor?

Peachpies

Got a new 650 off-hand for my Paladin in BRF LFR today. What's the status of Holy Paladins using off-hands as opposed to shields? It feels dumb but will I really lose anything by having less armor?
you should use whatever has the best stats, there is no problem with using an offhand instead of a shield

Karl Hawk

Banned
o_O I'm not sure if I should admire them or question them for spending so much time for a single game.

In other news, patch 6.1 is next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SugtESal8W4

That's nothing compared to the hours of playtime that other top guilds (Method, Paragon, Envy, etc...) waste to progress on Mythic.

And in regards to 6.1 coming next week, I'm not looking forward having to download my addons again in order to have them compatible with the patch.

Top Bottom