• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

ZenaxPure

Pretty hilarious to see some dumb dark moon Faire race touted in the 6.1 content video

Better then mentioning the garrison daily where half of it involves doing content we've already moved on from.

Oddly enough I am actually looking forward to the faire race, looks like a fleshed out version of roll club and I always thought roll club was fun.

Trickster

6.1 is like blizzard saying they hate having subscribers for WoW, and would like to lose a bunch of them.

It boggles my mind how poorly blizzard is at supporting WoW considering the mountains of cash they earn from it. Year long content droughts in later half of expansions, content patches that have little content, with some of it just being features that were supposed to have been in the game months ago.

Lanrutcon

6.1 is like blizzard saying they hate having subscribers for WoW, and would like to lose a bunch of them.

It boggles my mind how poorly blizzard is at supporting WoW considering the mountains of cash they earn from it. Year long content droughts in later half of expansions, content patches that have little content, with some of it just being features that were supposed to have been in the game months ago.

You know what's funny? they could just number squish Pandaria content for 6.1. Bam. A ton of content for the WoD players to go fuck with. Patch saved.

RPGCrazied

Freaking finally, next week. But I'm worried for 6.2, on how long 6.1 took to come out, and I'm sorry, to me this isn't a content patch its a systems patch.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised to see yet another content drought for WoD just like last time (Though SoO wasn't the first time that happened, wasn't it?).

Hoping for otherwise is setting up for disappointment.

Trickster

You've cleared BRF already? R1 glad? Challenge Modes completed?

There is stuff to do.

There are achievements from TBC that I haven't done yet. Should I do those before criticizing the content in the 6.1 patch? Of course not. Fact of the matter is that It's in blizzards own selfinterest to keep the playerbase appeased. Unsurprisingly the easiest way to do that by faaaaar, is by releasing new content to keep said playerbase interested in logging into the game and playing it.

But if blizzards wants to squander the subscription resurgence they experienced with WoD, then things like 6.1 is a great way of going about it.

ampere

Raiding with Leashes p3 will amuse me at least.

And my Blood Elf will look pretty.

In other news 1% wipe on Heroic Blackhand :(
Ugh, so frustrating. Some people just don't know left/right for phase 3, and people stacking with marks.

Robin64

Things that will amuse me in 6.1:

Raiding with Leashes III. Have completed I and II, so another will be nice.
SELFIE camera achievement for the title.
Getting the heirloom mount.
Unlocking the jukebox and hunting for music sheets.

strafer

never forget

x2MWxkP.jpg

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Pretty hilarious to see some dumb dark moon Faire race touted in the 6.1 content video

??? I like DMF events

pretty sure most people complain no matter what unless there was a new raid tier every 2 months. and then they'd probably complain that content came too fast.

also why are humans so short? I boosted my warrior (main horde for like 10 years)... would almost pay for a race chaneg except he's not even my 2nd, third or 4th tier alt... but man, humans suck..... :(

Grizzly Hills will be mine... there's actually a tune that plays in BRF that I kind of like also... and possibly a pandaria tune or two (but not shrine)

There are achievements from TBC that I haven't done yet. Should I do those before criticizing the content in the 6.1 patch? Of course not. Fact of the matter is that It's in blizzards own selfinterest to keep the playerbase appeased. Unsurprisingly the easiest way to do that by faaaaar, is by releasing new content to keep said playerbase interested in logging into the game and playing it.

But if blizzards wants to squander the subscription resurgence they experienced with WoD, then things like 6.1 is a great way of going about it.

pretty certain blizz has said time and again (even recently in fact) that the percentage of player base that is actually raiding at normal and above is still REALLY small in terms of total percentage. it's also (ironically) the player base that is least like to cancel their sub over "nothing to do".

Robin64

What's fun about the jukebox is once it's made, you get clues about where to find other music rolls.

One I had was "Up for a journey into the Black Temple? You still won't be prepared for the hard hitting bass of the track you'll find." I cleared Black Temple and got nothing, though. :(

Some other clues...
Feeling a song of war? Domination Point in Pandaria used to shake with heavy drum beats.

Deep in the heart of Blackrock Depths is a track so legendary, it takes two dragons to protect it.

Finding classic tracks takes hard work, and sometimes that means flying on the back of a colossal, cataclysmic dragon. Them's the breaks.

Conquering fear itself will help you glimpse the Heart of Pandaria, musically speaking, of course.

Gonna be quite fun.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
What's fun about the jukebox is once it's made, you get clues about where to find other music rolls.

One I had was "Up for a journey into the Black Temple? You still won't be prepared for the hard hitting bass of the track you'll find." I cleared Black Temple and got nothing, though. :(

hmmmmm... without resorting to wowhead comments, I wonder if there will be a rhyme or reason to where they are placed in zones/dungeons/instances.. or if maybe when we are REALLY close we'll get mini-map markers like the treasures in Spires.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What is this jukebox thing? I haven't heard about it. Basically, you hunt for items in specific zones/instances, and can play a music trom there wherever you want?

Robin64

What is this jukebox thing? I haven't heard about it. Basically, you hunt for items in specific zones/instances, and can play a music trom there wherever you want?

You get a quest in your garrison to construct a jukebox. On completion (it's really easy), you can use it to change the music in your garrison. You begin with rolls for all your faction's city musics, but can hunt for more with clues given.

ampere

Yeah I'll be doing all of those.

I'm honestly more bothered at the likelihood of this being only a 2 raid tier expac than I am at 6.1 not having tons of content.

Yeah I'll be doing all of those.

I'm honestly more bothered at the likelihood of this being only a 2 raid tier expac than I am at 6.1 not having tons of content.

Both should bother you when this was the most expensive at retail expansion they've ever released and the primary focus of their efforts seems to have been a mobile gaming experience for your subscription dollars.

Woot. Finally finished glory to ulduar and ICC 25 mans the last 2 days. I did all of Uldar in one night solo. I had to do Disarmed on 3 different characters though because I forgot about the 30% hp hit when both arms die. Im quite surprised I was able to solo Once Bitten Twice Shy and Been waiting a long long time. You do need a pet class to Once bitten. Im at 187 mounts. Kinda bummed I wont hit the 250 mark until the next xpac, but I did miss the entire WotLK era and the first half of Cata.

ampere

Both should bother you when this was the most expensive at retail expansion they've ever released and the primary focus of their efforts seems to have been a mobile gaming experience for your subscription dollars.

Yeah it's slightly concerning, but I do still feel like the value is there for the price.

More concerning is that WoD still feels like beta with haphazard tuning and things feeling so incomplete.

So many items didn't even stack to 20 at the beginning of the expac... this was of course noted on beta and mentioned and nothing was done. Things as simple as that... odd.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Woot. Finally finished glory to ulduar and ICC 25 mans the last 2 days. I did all of Uldar in one night solo. I had to do Disarmed on 3 different characters though because I forgot about the 30% hp hit when both arms die. Im quite surprised I was able to solo Once Bitten Twice Shy and Been waiting a long long time. You do need a pet class to Once bitten. Im at 187 mounts. Kinda bummed I wont hit the 250 mark until the next xpac, but I did miss the entire WotLK era and the first half of Cata.

''Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare'' is really the bane of existence to solo it for me. I'm 13 out of 25, so I tried to do it yesterday again, but alas, I haven't managed to get more kills.

At least I got ''Disarmed'', that achievement was annoying for me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All I can say it, I pray to Cho'gall that the next expansion involves ZERO garrisons or followers. My only assumptions I can make based off the lack of solo content, reasons to do things other than raid or pvp(like 5 man dungeons), complete fine tuning(like wtf no transmute savage blood at launch? seriously) is that they spent all their development time on garrisons and testing the new race models.

And garrisons can fuck off. I know the WoW community loves hyperbole, but garrisons are the worst thing to ever happen to WoW for me. The only thing worse was.
wowscrnshot071007132036vv8.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You must have posted the wrong image, because all I see is a ballin ass orc warlock.

Even got the screenshot of your parkour imp in mid-backflip.

ZenaxPure

Shrug, I am looking forward to these things as well but they still make me scratch my head as none of them involve doing things on Draenor itself. I am honestly confused on why they even bothered making a new continent this expansion, the entire landmass should have just been your garrison and when you walk outside the gate a window pops up that asks if you want to zone into highmaul or BRF. Rukhmar could fly by weekly so I could have a shot at his mount.

Son1x

''Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare'' is really the bane of existence to solo it for me. I'm 13 out of 25, so I tried to do it yesterday again, but alas, I haven't managed to get more kills.

At least I got ''Disarmed'', that achievement was annoying for me.

Whats with that achievement anyway? I got 3/25 after my first try (I ran out after), but it simply didn't add anymore in my tries after despite getting over 10 dwarves killed (both guardians and watchers). Pretty sure it was more than 3 the first time too.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Whats with that achievement anyway? I got 3/25 after my first try (I ran out after), but it simply didn't add anymore in my tries after despite getting over 10 dwarves killed (both guardians and watchers). Pretty sure it was more than 3 the first time too.

Basically, you need to kill 25 Guardian Dwarves while they are effected by Razorscale's flame breath. (Guardian being the keyword here).

It took more than 1 try for me to get to 13/25. But to be honest, it is hard for me to solo it.

Link to the achievement: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2924/iron-dwarf-medium-rare-25-player

And you guys know that Rukhmar is a she, right? :p

And garrisons can fuck off. I know the WoW community loves hyperbole, but garrisons are the worst thing to ever happen to WoW for me. The only thing worse was.
Garrisons wouldn't be so bad if they were just something extra, but they put so much dev time into them. They killed professions and pushed 'solo' content towards garrisons. Working on Herald of the Titans, once that is done I'll be unsubbing and just playing something like SWTOR. WoW is more raid or die than it has ever been and I have no interest in playing the arena meta game with the massive imbalances in pvp.

Son1x

Basically, you need to kill 25 Guardian Dwarves while they are effected by Razorscale's flame breath. (Guardian being the keyword here).

It took more than 1 try for me to get to 13/25. But to be honest, it is hard for me to solo it.

Link to the achievement: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2924/iron-dwarf-medium-rare-25-player

And you guys know that Rukhmar is a she, right? :p

Well yes I understand what you have to do, but does the achievement not count the kills for me? I mean I stacked up like 16 dwarves (more than half being Guardians) and hit them all once with my 2H staff, which did right about 75-85%. After Razorscale landed, I hurt him just enough to stay on ground permanately and I'm 100% sure I didn't touch a single dwarf. All of them eventually died after several flame breaths but alas, my achi still has 3 out of 25.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Well yes I understand what you have to do, but does the achievement not count the kills for me? I mean I stacked up like 16 dwarves (more than half being Guardians) and hit them all once with my 2H staff, which did right about 75-85%. After Razorscale landed, I hurt him just enough to stay on ground permanately and I'm 100% sure I didn't touch a single dwarf. All of them eventually died after several flame breaths but alas, my achi still has 3 out of 25.

I'm not 100% sure about it, but from what I've read on Wowhead comments, you need to kill the guardian dwarves as soon as they get hit by Razorscale's flame breath.

Again, I'm not 100% sure about it, so don't take my word for it.

And to be honest, I agree with Arrogant Bastard. Unless you are a raider, the endgame content for WoD is very dire and feels like there's nothing to do. I just don't understand some of the design decisions they made.

I know I've heard that the dailies in MoP was a bit over-the-top, but did they feel it was necessary to remove them? And no, I don't apexis quests as dailies (And frankly, they are very boring to do them.)

Top Bottom