• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

ScribbleD

If I remember right like halfway through 3.2 a guild found an exploit and killed him but got banned, and then a few weeks later a Taiwanese or Chinese raid killed it legitimately for the first time.

To add to this, people deemed that fight mathematically impossible. It took a ridiculous raid composition and a really creative strategy to down Yogg+0. IIRC it involved stacking the raid with locks because they could face way from Yogg and drain soul/DoT, and using hunter taunts to bounce the unkillable adds around the room without letting them touch the raid.

The exploit the guild (I think their name was Exodus) did for the first kill was they had someone stand outside of the room, and somehow in phase 3 he could get aggro of adds and cause them to evade. The guild that killed him first legitimately said they mainly practiced by doing 1 keeper with Thorim up.

ZenaxPure

IronDocksDelayed.png

:|

I was wondering what happened to that, I remember right when they announced the patch they said something about Iron Dock quests and then never mentioned it again. Wonder what it is even supposed to be.

JSoup

Banned
I had huge trouble with this until I found out what you actually had to do for it. The achievement makes it seem like you have to let them get killed by Razorscale's flames. So I spent like 1 hour doing that and only getting like 1 kill.

Turns out when he breath the fire, the mobs that get hit gets a debuff that goes away really quickly. You have to kill them before that debuff goes away. On my last try I gathered a huge pile of mobs and right when they got the debuff from the breath, I divine storm'd for instant achievement.

Are you kidding me? It's that simple?
For craps sake....

I had huge trouble with this until I found out what you actually had to do for it. The achievement makes it seem like you have to let them get killed by Razorscale's flames. So I spent like 1 hour doing that and only getting like 1 kill.

Turns out when he breath the fire, the mobs that get hit gets a debuff that goes away really quickly. You have to kill them before that debuff goes away. On my last try I gathered a huge pile of mobs and right when they got the debuff from the breath, I divine storm'd for instant achievement.

I get 2 dwarf kills a week, so far its now its four :)

Neat info to finally get it right

So I think WoW has lost it's magic. I think I'm going to quit soon. It's not so much lack of content, but between playing Heroes of the Storm, picking up Diablo 3 again, and my PS4, I don't have time to raid anymore or just generally dedicate time to WoW :(

Gah.

neoemonk

Veterans can log in for free starting next week right?

Have they said what the limitations are other than not gaining experience? Last expansion I bought was Cataclysm but I wouldn't mind hopping on and chatting with old friends.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I entered a PUG today to do Gruul in Blackrock Foundry (Normal). A steady stream of really bad tanks came and went, group kept on wiping and then after several tries where the boss didn't go below 90% the group disbanded. Lost nearly 200 gold in repair costs. Likely a consequence of people treating Raid Finder as some kind of gateway to Normal. Now, I have only done Gruul in Blackrock Foundry (Normal), I don't do Raid Finder anymore. The boss doesn't feature any hard mechanics and there's little movement needed, so it's dull to see this kind of performance. Ah well, I can perhaps find a better group over the weekend.

Next week I'll try to take some new Uglycraft shots using many of the new graphics settings, and I will continue my way into Tanaan Jungle (there's a rather easy way now with two people, but I prefer to do it solo).

Karl Hawk

Banned
Finally, managed to kill Thogar on Heroic today (Also killed Ka'graz today, so now I'm 7/10 heroic). That guy was an annoyance was for me.

Still, I feel I got a bit lucky in my bonus rolls recently. I managed to get the neck from Thogar, and the sword from Ka'graz today. Hell, during yesterday's raid, I managed to get Gruul's ring from a bonus roll.

Rösti;152805158 said:
I entered a PUG today to do Gruul in Blackrock Foundry (Normal). A steady stream of really bad tanks came and went, group kept on wiping and then after several tries where the boss didn't go below 90% the group disbanded. Lost nearly 200 gold in repair costs. Likely a consequence of people treating Raid Finder as some kind of gateway to Normal. Now, I have only done Gruul in Blackrock Foundry (Normal), I don't do Raid Finder anymore. The boss doesn't feature any hard mechanics and there's little movement needed, so it's dull to see this kind of performance. Ah well, I can perhaps find a better group over the weekend.

Next week I'll try to take some new Uglycraft shots using many of the new graphics settings, and I will continue my way into Tanaan Jungle (there's a rather easy way now with two people, but I prefer to do it solo).

Yeah. When I raided in Highmaul, the pugs were a huge annoyance and I've decided to go on raids either with a guild or through openraid instead.

Never gone back to PuGs ever since.

ampere

Have they said what the limitations are other than not gaining experience? Last expansion I bought was Cataclysm but I wouldn't mind hopping on and chatting with old friends.

It's the same restrictions as a trial account. You can only log on characters lv20 or below afaik

Level 20 cap, no guilds, no mail, I don't think you can access the AH. Its super gimp mode.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sad when the thing I'm looking forward to most in a patch is an heirloom tab that should have been in the expansion at launch. Oh well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Account-wide: 82 Yogg kills, 56 Lich King kills, 48 Ragnaros kills, 65 Alysrazor kills

It's extra depressing when you add it all up.

Apt101

I've been sticking with LFR because I can't carve three-hour blocks of time out my schedule to devote to running with my guild. Looking at what drops from the bosses in the diary, I've gotten both pieces of gear that appear interesting for me - both from Gruul: a cloak and pair of bracers that offer +mastery and +crit. Every other drop in the place might provide a slight upgrade via iLvL (and hence several points to str and stam) but would result in huge losses to mastery and/or crit, while only modestly increasing haste or versatility, which would decrease my DPS. And since I've been the #1 - #3 DPS in every LFR I have run according to the damage charts, I think my chosen itemization is the correct route (or in the least, a highly effective one for my playstyle).

I really wish they'd bring back slotting as a common trait of almost all gear so I could work around these deficiencies. I feel like I'm probably going to check out 6.1 and then just quit until 6.2, as I'll have nothing to work for.

Renekton

Every other drop in the place might provide a slight upgrade via iLvL (and hence several points to str and stam) but would result in huge losses to mastery and/or crit, while only modestly increasing haste or versatility, which would decrease my DPS.
To get invited into PUGs, I just blindly equip the highest ilvl gear and hope for the best, resulting in some ungodly versatility/multistrike numbers.

Apt101

To get invited into PUGs, I just blindly equip the highest ilvl gear and hope for the best, resulting in some ungodly versatility/multistrike numbers.

I've had some bad experiences with PUG's. Kind of turned me off to them. If I'm going to beat my head against a wall trying to down a boss it's going to be with people I like, not assholes being rude and flinging around the n-word.

M.D

itsfuckingnothing.gif ;)

You have to wonder if the 1337 haste is intentional or not.

I still suck with my boomkin :(

I'm terrible at multi dotting and I hate the long ass cast times, it leads to me making mistakes as well when I think I can finish a cast before I need to move from something X_X

Anyways, just bought a Universal Language Repository for 26g on the auction house.. apparently its worth a lot of gold? ;p

ampere

So we spent about 2.5 hours on Mythic Beastlord and pretty much had the raid die every time Faultline came out. You'd think this would be a sign we should add a healer, right? Even a few of us mentioned that. We go the whole night never getting past that part, then the last pull of the night we 6 heal it and get him to 9%. Yea, frustrated. We should have killed him, that's a bunch of 695 loot left on the table. Should have swapped to 6 healing an hour or so earlier.

Bleh.

I did have a random pug in our guild run make some comment about Obama and how glad he (the pug) was white. Seriously thought the dude was trolling at first.

Casual racism is still super common in wow chats. Fortunately our gm doesn't tolerate it

Karl Hawk

Banned
So we spent about 2.5 hours on Mythic Beastlord and pretty much had the raid die every time Faultline came out. You'd think this would be a sign we should add a healer, right? Even a few of us mentioned that. We go the whole night never getting past that part, then the last pull of the night we 6 heal it and get him to 9%. Yea, frustrated. We should have killed him, that's a bunch of 695 loot left on the table. Should have swapped to 6 healing an hour or so earlier.

Bleh.

Mythic raiding itself scares me. I saw Method's kill video on Operator Thogar in Mythic a few times. The fight as a whole is more fucking insane in Mythic.

TheContact

I'm still mad that my guild never killed him and went to Naxx for easy loot.

Vael was personally a bigger cock block for me. It killed my guild. Ended up joining a better one who ended up getting cock blockdd on Cthun and then broke up. Then I joined a better one and got a couple US firsts with them. Vael wasn't a tougher fight but it just blocked me way harder than any other boss

M.D

Whoa you can get mythic epics from garrison missions? Do you need to have been In a mythic raid or something? Or just have really high ilvl followers ?
For highmaul mythic missions you need to kill a set number of bosses on heroic highmaul
I think its 15 and the ilvl for followers needs to be 645

For brf its the same but I think it requires more boss kills and the future misssions in my garrison addon show 660 follower level future missions which I think is for brf missions

You can also get BoE epics from salavge yard level 3 crates

Robin64

Bashiok posted about the Iron Docks "quest hub". Turns out it's not a quest hub at all.
Bashiok said:
It's a one-time quest that leads you to Tanaan. Assumptions that this was a big quest hub, focused around Foundry content, or that it's a chunk of substantial content that we cut, are incorrect. It's a one-time quest chain that directly leads into events of 6.2, and that's the patch it's in.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Bashiok posted about the Iron Docks "quest hub". Turns out it's not a quest hub at all.

This kind of thing is what happens when people are conditioned to consider crap like TMZ a news source.

CassSept

This kind of thing is what happens when people are conditioned to consider crap like TMZ a news source.

I don't know the exact original source for this, but let's not act like Blizzard never did that sort of thing. There were several times when they said X and then when they had to cut something later retracted by saying "No no, we never said X, you misunderstood us".

RPGCrazied

Haven't been able to check, but does the new blood elf model have updated death knight face? I'll be a sad panda if they took that out.

M.D

Bought a universal language repository for 26g on the auction house, currently have a bid for 15k

feels good man

the seller actually whispered me when I tried to sell it on the trade chat, said he made a mistake and tried to list it for 26k

he was completely cool about it, told me he farms and sell these and even told me where he farms them and said he feels stupid about making that mistake ;p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bought a universal language repository for 26g on the auction house, currently have a bid for 15k

feels good man

the seller actually whispered me when I tried to sell it on the trade chat, said he made a mistake and tried to list it for 26k

he was completely cool about it, told me he farms and sell these and even told me where he farms them and said he feels stupid about making that mistake ;p
Was he a boomkin in Nagrand?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm a boomie from The Maelstrom EU, so I don't think its possible unless auction house listing and trade chat are cross realm somehow?

Why, you know a boomie from Nagrand that made that same mistake? ;p

I just assume all WoD reagant/AH aprts farms are moonkins in Nagrand.

Son1x

So I logged on battle net to see when my subscription expires and was surprised to see it already did. Today about 10 hours ago. I am however puzzled as to how I'm able to log in and play.

JSoup

Banned
So I logged on battle net to see when my subscription expires and was surprised to see it already did. Today about 10 hours ago. I am however puzzled as to how I'm able to log in and play.

Didn't they change is so unsubbed accounts will allow log in of under level 20 characters?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So my Druid got stuck in an instance, and I tried to open a ticket. Like I can't log into him at all, so I do it on my main and get a 'Service unavaiable due to high traffic.'

Uhhhhh can they do that? Just say, 'nah we're too busy, fuck your ticket'?

Top Bottom