• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I have never been so bored of Wow and I played since release. Hope they fix this game because I miss it as a time waster.

I'd suggest some distance from gaming in general if you're this burnt out. I've gotten back into watching films or going out for a drive so I can keep the many hours of time WoW would otherwise be black holing away out of my mind.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is this sword available to players? I think it looks pretty cool.
CnTPC2N.png

Karl Hawk

Banned
I'm curious, how do you guys handle your addons with a new patch release?

For me, the idea of having to download a new version of them all over again to be compatible with 6.1 for example is fucking tedious.

ampere

I don't trust curse since they've had spyware/virus issues in the past.

I manually update addons that need it. Usually 5 or so of my addons need updates on patches.

Oscar

Is there a definitive endgame guide for returning players? I basically hit the lvl cap when WoD launched and quit due to school/work.

JSoup

Banned
Random question-- is anything else having a lot of trouble downloading the new prepatch?

I've fixed my game twice now, and it keeps downloading half way then erroring out.

So far the other option I've read is to reinstall the game fresh-- I'm really hoping to avoid that, since I think installing the new game will take 8 or 9 hours on my shitty connection.

Prepatching doesn't work for me half the time and I just have to let the thing download fresh on patch day. It's not a huge patch, so it's probably not going to be that big of an issue this time.

lexi

Banned
Random question-- is anything else having a lot of trouble downloading the new prepatch?

I've fixed my game twice now, and it keeps downloading half way then erroring out.

So far the other option I've read is to reinstall the game fresh-- I'm really hoping to avoid that, since I think installing the new game will take 8 or 9 hours on my shitty connection.

I'm having issues with this too, I guess I'll just wait till patch day.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Prepatching doesn't work for me half the time and I just have to let the thing download fresh on patch day. It's not a huge patch, so it's probably not going to be that big of an issue this time.

I've got this problem, I can download about 10% before it conks out and I need to restart it. Luckily it saves what was already downloaded and I'm at 65%

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Horde only? Dammit

It has the Horde symbol as the pommel. If you worked for General Motors, would you wear a Ford hat to work?

I've got this problem, I can download about 10% before it conks out and I need to restart it. Luckily it saves what was already downloaded and I'm at 65%

If you do it ten times, then it will go to 100%. What are you guys complaining about? /s

Ultratech

Help me out gaf shall i boost my druid to level 90 or a hunter. Still thinking about it and can't make a choice yet.

Hmm...

Do you:
-Like being a Bear, Cat, Tree, or Laser Turkey? Do you like being able to shapeshift and take on pretty much any role?

Or...
-Do you like being able to move effortlessly while going PEW PEW PEW while your pet goes and gnaws on the enemy's face? Like Traps? (But seriously, Hunters are pretty awesome mobile DPS.)

I mean, there's more to those classes than what I listed for sure, but both classes are pretty good.

Nokterian

Hmm...

Do you:
-Like being a Bear, Cat, Tree, or Laser Turkey? Do you like being able to shapeshift and take on pretty much any role?

Or...
-Do you like being able to move effortlessly while going PEW PEW PEW while your pet goes and gnaws on the enemy's face? Like Traps? (But seriously, Hunters are pretty awesome mobile DPS.)

I mean, there's more to those classes than what I listed for sure, but both classes are pretty good.

I have a level 74 druid right now it is fun but never played a hunter.

M.D

Is anyone here playing horde on a European PvE server with mid-high population and is a guild leader or part of a well established guild that isn't likely to disband and has some solid progress in BRF?

I'm playing Alliance on The Maelstrom, if I could get in some guild with another gaffer(s) I will likely make the switch

I have a level 74 druid right now it is fun but never played a hunter.

Why boost a level from 74 to 90? It's not even a boost to 100 so its pretty pointless

Watch some videos and read about the other classes and see what thinks fits you the most
If you enjoy playing druid, just keep playing druid

What do you plan on doing after you get to 100? if it's raiding, balance/feral/resto are all viable

Balance and Feral are not the best at anything, but they both fill a pretty good roll at strong AOE and strong single target damage respectively
I don't know about healing but I think resto is really strong (could be wrong tho), and guardians I barely see anymore

Hunters are only dps but they are a very fun class and unique class to play, if you like being mobile and not having to stand in place to dish out your damage you should try out a hunter
They are often tasked with handling raid mechanics as well because they are so mobile, so that's another small and neat thing about them

Nokterian

16 levels isn't really worth $60.

Is anyone here playing horde on a European PvE server with mid-high population and is a guild leader or part of a well established guild that isn't likely to disband and has some solid progress in BRF?

I'm playing Alliance on The Maelstrom, if I could get in some guild with another gaffer(s) I will likely make the switch

Why boost a level from 74 to 90? It's not even a boost to 100 so its pretty pointless

Watch some videos and read about the other classes and see what thinks fits you the most
If you enjoy playing druid, just keep playing druid

What do you plan on doing after you get to 100? if it's raiding, balance/feral/resto are all viable

Balance and Feral are not the best at anything, but they both fill a pretty good roll at strong AOE and strong single target damage respectively
I don't know about healing but I think resto is really strong (could be wrong tho), and guardians I barely see anymore

Hunters are only dps but they are a very fun class and unique class to play, if you like being mobile and not having to stand in place to dish out your damage you should try out a hunter
They are often tasked with handling raid mechanics as well because they are so mobile, so that's another small and neat thing about them

Nah not going to boost a druid anyway getting new heirloom gear anyway for that class. But i will do a Hunter because of the pets and just being different i played almost all classes now i haven't done rogue or priest yet but Hunter just seems cooler.

Tacitus_

o/

Though we raid in finnish only. Foreign reinforcements aren't unheard of, but right now our roster is looking pretty good.

Magnus

It's insane that this great sale price for the WoD CE actually works out to $100 CDN anyway after tax, shiprates to Canada and then actual conversion into CDN. I'm better of just buying it here for $89 the next time I see it at that price.

CEs for Catclysm and Pandaria are still around new on Amazon for about $100. Wrath of the Lich King and BC are both $350+. Crazy.

Nokterian

It's insane that this great sale price for the WoD CE actually works out to $100 CDN anyway after tax, shiprates to Canada and then actual conversion into CDN. I'm better of just buying it here for $89 the next time I see it at that price.

CEs for Catclysm and Pandaria are still around new on Amazon for about $100. Wrath of the Lich King and BC are both $350+. Crazy.

The rarer the C.E is the more money it will cost and most of them are still sealed and unused. Getting the original vanilla WoW C.E is very very rare and the price is insane.

Any Windwalker Monks here?

I was told in one of my many premade groups by another monk that having double Frostwolf on both weapons wasn't a good idea, since it can't proc on both at the same time. I told him that the point was to keep it at maximum uptime, which he agreed with, but he said it was a DPS loss as compared to having Shattered Hand or something else on one, I don't remember.

I don't see any information on the interwebs related to this. Is there any truth to it, or was it just someone being a stupid?

ampere

I was told in one of my many premade groups by another monk that having double Frostwolf on both weapons wasn't a good idea, since it can't proc on both at the same time. I told him that the point was to keep it at maximum uptime, which he agreed with, but he said it was a DPS loss as compared to having Shattered Hand or something else on one, I don't remember.

I don't see any information on the interwebs related to this. Is there any truth to it, or was it just someone being a stupid?

Sim results here:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...walker-PvE?p=31126909&viewfull=1#post31126909

You can use simcraft to see if changing an enchant benefits you

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

WoD weapon enchants can double proc. Whoever you were talking to doesn't know what they are talking about.

M.D

o/

Though we raid in finnish only. Foreign reinforcements aren't unheard of, but right now our roster is looking pretty good.

That's racist! ;p

I don't speak finnish, so I imagine raiding with you guys would be kind of hard, but not impossible

I'm gonna focus on leveling my hunter to 100 and gearing him up for this week since I want to main him anyway
Would be kind of sad leaving all my other characters behind if I do find a guild and switch over :(

Sim results here:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...walker-PvE?p=31126909&viewfull=1#post31126909

You can use simcraft to see if changing an enchant benefits you

WoD weapon enchants can double proc. Whoever you were talking to doesn't know what they are talking about.

You guys are awesome, thanks.

It looks like it's really close anyway. I wasn't planning on doing anything until I got a 680 from BRF, but it's good to know. I've been concerned about it.

Tacitus_

That's racist! ;p

I don't speak finnish, so I imagine raiding with you guys would be kind of hard, but not impossible

I'm gonna focus on leveling my hunter to 100 and gearing him up for this week since I want to main him anyway
Would be kind of sad leaving all my other characters behind if I do find a guild and switch over :(

We had a polish guy raid with us a couple of times when we merged with a 2nd finnish guild at the end of SoO. He just got a couple directions in english and the rest of our raidchat was in finnish.

We also got him banned once way before that since he had asked his then guild for an offensive name in finnish and a bunch of us reported him :lol

JSoup

Banned
A few glitches later and Unholy Infusion get.
Now to find three people who can stand around like bricks so I can get blood infusion.

Well, cancelled my sub. Active till May. Guess ill let my Guild Leader know. I was only playing the game go Raid and even then 9 hours a week was becoming too draining. Bleh. If theres any mage on KilJaedan Horde looking for a 730-1030 pm pst guild that is raiding Heroic BF, PM me and I can get you a spot.

Renekton

Should be pretty easy to gear your hunter up to near 650+ with 5 LFR instances, double apexis and plentiful savage blood in 6.1. Also Highmaul (N) pugs seem to have lower ilvl requirements these days.

I'm tempted to do the same to my lock but 3 chars will OCD me badly with garrison stuff.

Magnus

The rarer the C.E is the more money it will cost and most of them are still sealed and unused. Getting the original vanilla WoW C.E is very very rare and the price is insane.

I'm just surprised that BC/WOTLK are both around the same price, and then the more recent two are both $100. No middle ground.

Top Bottom