• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

M.D

Just bought Glorious Legplates for 5.5k on the auction house
Don't know how rare are these anymore with salvage yard being around, but I will make a nice profit off these :)

We had a polish guy raid with us a couple of times when we merged with a 2nd finnish guild at the end of SoO. He just got a couple directions in english and the rest of our raidchat was in finnish.

We also got him banned once way before that since he had asked his then guild for an offensive name in finnish and a bunch of us reported him :lol

I can transfer at any time, if you're guild is looking pitch me ;p
What server are you on btw? have you made good progress on BRF?

Should be pretty easy to gear your hunter up to near 650+ with 5 LFR instances, double apexis and plentiful savage blood in 6.1. Also Highmaul (N) pugs seem to have lower ilvl requirements these days.

I'm tempted to do the same to my lock but 3 chars will OCD me badly with garrison stuff.

I'm currently leveling him doing mostly the bonus objectives, its pretty crazy how much exp you get from that

Tamanon

Banned
Man, now I know this wasn't a super substantial patch when servers are actually up already!

Dammit! I was thrown off by working on Sunday. It's only Monday.

Milennia

fights that START at or below the last 20 percent of an encounter are just complete dog.

auto pilot for the first 8 or so minutes then you wipe during progress in the last minute or so.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so boomkins are going to be the new stacked thing instead of locks in wod? blizz learning nothing from warlock spam in mop.

ampere

fights that START at or below the last 20 percent of an encounter are just complete dog.

auto pilot for the first 8 or so minutes then you wipe during progress in the last minute or so.

You specifically talking about Furnace or Maidens? Both look like pretty nasty final phases.

so boomkins are going to be the new stacked thing instead of locks in wod? blizz learning nothing from warlock spam in mop.

Starfall is Bladestorm with 3 charges and a 40 yard range. Nothing OP about that right?

Milennia

You specifically talking about Furnace or Maidens? Both look like pretty nasty final phases.

Starfall is Bladestorm with 3 charges and a 40 yard range. Nothing OP about that right?

maidens specifically, furnace p3 is the easiest part of the fight as of now, assuming they dont change much.

most of the guilds killed it sub 12 p3 attempts

M.D

Wildhammer (Horde)

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/wildhammer/Kovisjengi

Reasonable progress for our makeup. Got 5/7 mythic before BRF came out and only Blackhand left in HC BRF for now. Oughta start mythic progress in a reset or two.

That's some solid progress! better than my current guild for sure, but there's a lot of time limitations with that one, they have good players and solid leadership

Like I said, if and when you're guild is looking for players I'll be glad to transfer with a heads up so I can make the arrangements

I'll just quote my earlier in case anyone has any other offers ;p
Is anyone here playing horde on a European PvE server with mid-high population and is a guild leader or part of a well established guild that isn't likely to disband and has some solid progress in BRF?

I'm playing Alliance on The Maelstrom, if I could get in some guild with another gaffer(s) I will likely make the switch

I am going to boost a hunter tonight to level 90 what is the current spec to level up? Marksmanship,Survival, Beast Mastery?

Visit mmo-champion hunter forum, things are changing with 6.1 releasing tomorrow so you might want to do a bit of reading

Oh and... I got a 40k offer for the glorious legplates that I got for 5.5k on the auction house earlier today
its a really good profit but I'm gonna be greedy for now and try to sell it for more, it can still go for 60-100k depending on the server from the little research I've done

Edit: I'm tempted to sell for that price just so I don't have to deal with people making 10g joke or people that try to scam me and get it on the cheap claiming its not worth much

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I am going to boost a hunter tonight to level 90 what is the current spec to level up? Marksmanship,Survival, Beast Mastery?

All of them are perfectly viable. It really depends on whether you want to shoot things, trap things, or let your pet maul things. BM has some additional options with exotic pets if you "gotta catch 'em all", so that's a good spec to have if you're a collector (even if it's just a secondary spec that comes out when you want to catch an exotic pet that you're just going to stable). The best in the simulations right now is Survival, but honestly the margins that differentiate them are pretty narrow. Right now, I'm using a Marksman because I like shooting things.

M.D

Got another item that appears to be super rare off the ah for 60 gold or so - Plans for searing golden blade

I wonder if I'm better off waiting and selling my items on a new server when I do switch because of that 50k gold limit per charactr transfer

ZenaxPure

Blizzard did a new interview about patch 6.1's content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQR9XWGFkj4

Pretty sure that already got posted in this very thread :p It does make me think though, is there even a name or wallpaper for this patch? Every patch since at some point in TBC has had an accompanying name and sweet wallpaper (that I totally use haters gonna hate).

If they lack one I am willing to take a selfie in front of my townhall and slap a logo on it.

Pretty sure that already got posted in this very thread :p It does make me think though, is there even a name or wallpaper for this patch? Every patch since at some point in TBC has had an accompanying name and sweet wallpaper (that I totally use haters gonna hate).

If they lack one I am willing to take a selfie in front of my townhall and slap a logo on it.
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Content Patch 6.1: Leftovers

ampere

Figures, that meme is getting really popular lol.

Yeah I think there is no title for this patch... I mean I will totally do the new achievements since I like doing that, but pretty much sums up how little it adds.

I like how Blizzard acknowledged that people love 5 mans and wants to add more... and a patch is a great time to do it and they don't :x.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like leveling, I really do. But with the ability prune, the lack of talents every other level, the lack of rank ups... Even though it's all fluff, it just makes the leveling process seem all the more daunting. 1 to 100, and you might MIGHT get an ability every 8 levels.

As a balance druid, you don't get Astral Showers until 82. Never mind Improved Moonkin form.
As an assassination rogue, your slice n dice rotation is completely flipped around past level 90.
There's more I can name, but these are fresh on my mind because those were the last two classes I leveled.

Everything about the leveling process right now feels completely disjointed and unfulfiling. A rank up is definitely fluff, but it was something. I like the prune, honestly. My issue more lies with the task of '1 to 100.' That will get worse as times go by. And selling 90 boosts does NOT solve this problem. It feels like the prune was made specifically for people buying boosts and if you didn't buy the boost, you just kind of suffer and have perks or passives that completely change how you play a spec. Where as if you boost, you mostly learn it 'right' the first time or you're so not used to the class that adjustments are quick and easy to make.

ZenaxPure

I like how Blizzard acknowledged that people love 5 mans and wants to add more... and a patch is a great time to do it and they don't :x.

They should make the 5 mans already in the game useful past the first week of the expansion before adding more. I really don't understand why they crushed the wrath/cata 5 man model where you could get a couple of pieces of tier and then some off piece epics from running a daily 5 man for valor and then when new raids came out the old valor stuff went to JP. I fucking hate that shit on a personal level but I can't deny how successful a model it was based on my guildies at the time. I know LFR fills a similar void now but it just isn't the same thing really, one shot rng vs grinding points.

Ultratech

It's not unheard of for a patch to lack a name.

Hell, 2.2 didn't even have a name.

(Then again, it's probably one of the only major patches with no actual new content to the game world. It brought in-game Voice Chat which nobody knows exists.)

Someone let me know how that chauffeured chopper works for having the heirloom achievement tomorrow.

And if anyone else here has a dread pirate ring, I forget how that scales exactly with the new system.

Oscar

It's insane that this great sale price for the WoD CE actually works out to $100 CDN anyway after tax, shiprates to Canada and then actual conversion into CDN. I'm better of just buying it here for $89 the next time I see it at that price.

CEs for Catclysm and Pandaria are still around new on Amazon for about $100. Wrath of the Lich King and BC are both $350+. Crazy.

Back in late 2011, my local Fry's had a shelf full of Cata CE's for $39.99. Bought mine, but I should just invested in more for dem eBay profits.

EVE Online in the past year moved to a 6 week patch release cycle instead of bi-annual expansions. It's interesting to see such a swift development schedule in action. Some releases are larger and more akin to a substantive WoW raid patch, while others are smaller in scope like 6.1.

Doubt it's something you'd ever see Blizzard able to deliver on though.

JSoup

Banned
Square Enix figured out how to make HD towns while Blizzard forgot.

SE also figured out that players want housing and put it in with the first major patch to A Realm Reborn and then listed to player feedback to hashout how it should work, while Blizzard is still insisting players don't want it and it's some sort of lofty goal no human dev team could ever attain.

Robin64

The housing in XIV is superb. My tiny guild spent ages saving to buy a plot. It's just a small one but we're so proud of it. The customisation blows Garrisons out of the water.

Robin64

Is it instanced like Garrison?

There are instanced districts, but within each district there are a large number of houses of all sizes. You are always in the same district, so you get to learn your neighbors and the like.

248600.jpg

Renekton

There are instanced districts, but within each district there are a large number of houses of all sizes. You are always in the same district, so you get to learn your neighbors and the like.
Oooo that's really clever.

Instanced neighborhood rather just your own isolated garrison/house.

Vanilla gamers got old IRL and start remembering the good old days.

Robin64

that thread said:
Levelling up was a perilous undertaking fraught with dangers, challenges, and unforgettable stories.

No it wasn't.
lol said:
Acquiring a mount at level 40 was a great accomplishment

Yeah, grinding elementals in Badlands for days was a great accomplishment. :|
wut said:
Talent specializations were a way of life. Full of silly, fun and unique ways to improve your favorite abilities and provide what your friends might need.

Mmm, putting 5 points into each mandatory talent sure was fun and silly.

CassSept

After first 20 levels there was nothing perilous about leveling, except for ganking. However, it was slow and tedious. I look back fondly on it, but there were a lot of slowdowns, the worst when I was stuck at Nesingwary for over a week because of never-ending quests and stream of gankers.

Acquiring mount at 40 was not an accomplishment, more 'ugh, finally'. Relief != accomplishment.

Old talent trees were an absolute mess.

So yeah, stupid thread, if anyone were to play vanilla WoW in this day and age they'd spam boards with how obtuse and grindy it is.

E: Oh God this one:
Running a dungeon was an adventure, where you met up with four other people, travelled to a distant location on your map, and spent the next couple of hours unearthing legends from the past.

Finding a group for a dungeon was an exercise in futility and frustration when you finally gathered a group after 2 hours and it fell apart in few minutes.

Oscar

Finding a group for a dungeon was an exercise in futility and frustration when you finally gathered a group after 2 hours and it fell apart in few minutes.

Obviously communities varied by the server, but I had a blast doing this. "LFM Deadmines" while vendoring stuff in SW, and then we'd travel together to the dungeon. After a run, I'd make friends with the group and we would hit each other up whenever we needed a tank/healer/dps. You actually had to be friendly with folks to network and help each other out for future runs. There was a great sense of community with this.

These days, mostly everyone I run into via the dungeon finder is rude as fuck because they know that there is an extremely low chance of them ever running into you again (due to the fact that they are on a different server).

I was 13 at the time, 24 now. Had a TON of time on my hands during those days, so that's probably why I didn't find it tedious.

Randy

Obviously communities varied by the server, but I had a blast doing this. "LFM Deadmines" while vendoring stuff in SW, and then we'd travel together to the dungeon. After a run, I'd make friends with the group and we would hit each other up whenever we needed a tank/healer/dps. You actually had to be friendly with folks to network and help each other out for future runs. There was a great sense of community with this.

These days, mostly everyone I run into via the dungeon finder is rude as fuck because they know that there is an extremely low chance of them ever running into you again (due to the fact that they are on a different server).

I was 13 at the time, 24 now. Had a TON of time on my hands during those days, so that's probably why I didn't find it tedious.

I fully agree. I miss the community feel outside of the guild.

Magnus

Is today the day? Blood elf models and an heirloom tab? Yay!

It's telling that I get more excited about new features these days than 'content' (raids I'll never end up running for months)

Karl Hawk

Banned
Square Enix figured out how to make HD towns while Blizzard forgot.

''Would you prefer non-raid content or a raid tier?''

Anyways, in regards to the early days of WoW, I think my only regret is not giving the game a shot earlier on (At least early on in MoP-era. Doubt that I would start playing it back in BC-era or WoLTK-era)

lazygecko

This is what I valued the most as well. The old WoW was designed to enable social interaction. It was the entire point of the genre, after all. You often see the counter-argument used that you can still create groups and run dungeons the old fashioned way. But in practice you'll never do it since not enough of the playerbase are, since LFD is simply too convenient.

I met so many great folks thanks to the way the game was designed to really get you out in the world and interact with eachother on your own initiative. You can't really do that any more. You'll stick with a guild of people you like, but interactions with strangers these days is pretty much the equivalent of chat roulette.

This is also why a lot of anti-vanilla rhetoric is misguidedly centered around the mechanics of the game without taking the significant social aspect into account. The fact that it was considered such an amazing game in spite of much worse class balance, terrible itemization, etc is if anything a testament to how much the latter mattered.

ZenaxPure

SE also figured out that players want housing and put it in with the first major patch to A Realm Reborn and then listed to player feedback to hashout how it should work, while Blizzard is still insisting players don't want it and it's some sort of lofty goal no human dev team could ever attain.

I used to not really care about player housing but after seeing how it got implemented in Rift I was actually really wanting it in WoW. The way you can decorate and customize your objects in that game puts some other games where the main focus is decorating your house (looking at you Animal Crossing) to utter shame. I put a tree on top of another tree yo. I also got sick of having a bunch of housing related items in my inventory so I bought a second home and decided to try and cram as much useless garbage into the room as I could, like that house looks like it was probably on hoarders at some point. Shit is hilarious.

It's telling that I get more excited about new features these days than 'content' (raids I'll never end up running for months)

I would say you are in luck because according to the official blizz patch notes the BE models, twitter, and the heirloom tab are listed as "content."

Top Bottom