• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Maybe you can, I can't. Only way I could get them in a reasonable amount of time is to buy them. Not worth it.
What? Go to a Garrison with the daily trader. Get 25 Primal Spirits for practically nothing and trade in resources for a few more.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
60 Bloods is 3K Primal Spirits, which is 15K herbs...that's not something you can whip up in your sleep.

Spend 20k gold and buy the bloods or resources to trade to spirits.

20k isn't that much to get a relevant piece of gear, if you can't afford it then I don't know how you can afford raiding -- the trinket wouldn't do you much good if you can't keep up with spending money on flasks, runes, etc

Plus there are garrison missions to get spirits and blood

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do salvage crates drop if you fail a mission? I'm getting to the point where my dudes don't need missions, but I like to send them off just for the chance at salvage.

cdyhybrid

Spend 20k gold and buy the bloods or resources to trade to spirits.

20k isn't that much to get a relevant piece of gear, if you can't afford it then I don't know how you can afford raiding -- the trinket wouldn't do you much good if you can't keep up with spending money on flasks, runes, etc

Plus there are garrison missions to get spirits and blood

I'm an Alchemist and an Enchanter, I don't have to pay for anything :p

Do you not have a barn, CD?

I run a level 3 on 2 characters and make about 5-6 bloods a day, minimum. On a good day I can get 9 or 10.

I have a Barn but don't use it. Not worth the time, it's better spent trying to get a PUG for BRF.

I'm an Alchemist and an Enchanter, I don't have to pay for anything :p

I have a Barn but don't use it. Not worth the time, it's better spent trying to get a PUG for BRF.
Try making a PUG for Riverbeasts in Nagrand. I can get 200+ traps in a little over an hour by assembling a group with Auto-Invite. That'll last you almost a month.

Hex

Banned
I am really confused looking at my account getting prepped for the restart.
Have not re-activated or anything, but I can not see any of the most recent characters that I had and alot of my names are gibberish.
Part of my name and gibberish.
Under accounts it looks right, I bought Mists which shows correct but the toons are all odd.

I am really confused looking at my account getting prepped for the restart.
Have not re-activated or anything, but I can not see any of the most recent characters that I had and alot of my names are gibberish.
Part of my name and gibberish.
Under accounts it looks right, I bought Mists which shows correct but the toons are all odd.

They freed up character names a little while back, so if you were inactive for a long while, people probably took them. Sort of a snooze you lose thing.

Hex

Banned
They freed up character names a little while back, so if you were inactive for a long while, people probably took them. Sort of a snooze you lose thing.

I can handle that because I should be able to get a free rename from it, but the missing toons are what is bothering me.
All of the most recent ones.
These are ones from....way way back the first time I tried to play.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Do salvage crates drop if you fail a mission? I'm getting to the point where my dudes don't need missions, but I like to send them off just for the chance at salvage.

I don't think so, but I also turn things in in big queues rather than one at a time.

Try making a PUG for Riverbeasts in Nagrand. I can get 200+ traps in a little over an hour by assembling a group with Auto-Invite. That'll last you almost a month.

I've never not found someone in Nagrand who won't team up for the riverbeasts or wouldn't invite to a group already going. Hell, sometimes people will just say they wish they'd considered it sooner. Those kinds of short ventures are great uses for PUGs, as no one gets upset if someone has to go eat dinner or something. There's no commitment beyond not leaving during the middle of a fight.

Renekton

90% of the time its just a npc giving a quest. I think i got ore or fur traders once. Still waiting on whatever npc sell the alchemy and scribe recipes/upgrades.
Click on your group finder tool -> Premade -> Custom

There will be a couple pugs meant solely to auto-invite you to visit the leader's garrison so you can buy from the herb trader (or trader of the day).

Then again there's the opportunity cost of not using those blood to make gear worth a goddamn instead of that craptastic versatility trink.
I want to know if the following stats is indeed craptastic at level 680? Really stuck.

368 Intellect/Agility/Strength
253 Versatiliy
105 Spirit

Peachpies

Click on your group finder tool -> Premade -> Custom

There will be a couple pugs meant solely to auto-invite you to visit the leader's garrison so you can buy from the herb trader (or trader of the day).

I want to know if the following stats is indeed craptastic at level 680? Really stuck.

253 Versatiliy
105 Spirit
trinkets from blackrock foundry are much better

253 Versatiliy
105 Spirit

Maybe it's more class dependent, but I don't have a single class at 100 that values Versatility. The main saving grace of the trinket is the primary stat proc.

If I do some napkin math, spending 60 blood on my rogue yields the following priorities:

680 legs
680 shoulders
680 trinket
680 gloves
680 wrist

If I had 180 blood to burn through I'd craft the trinket if I didn't see much shot at heroic blackhand loot in the next 3 weeks, or if I'd gotten lucky with tier tokens for legs and shoulders.

Check the sims for your class/spec and see how 60 blood adds to your performance in each slot you have left to upgrade to 680.

I should mention that the stage 4 trinket is a miniscule upgrade at best from the heroic trinkets from Gruul/Kromog and of course the Blackhand trinket shits all over it.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Barn: Players trapping a creature should now drop out of combat as soon as the trap is triggered.

Awesome. Was hoping they'd make this change. It's irritating when you need to farm a lot of them and have to wait to mount; was quicker to kill the mob than wait in some cases.

Daniel R

How are you liking the treasure hunter missions for gold? I have them on my main but none past that. All my alts are running barns, but I'd probably trade those just to have something with less gold but more easily manageable because I hate getting on my alts.

I only have 1 treasure hunter (plus the odd one that procced treasure hunter when dinging 100) so far per account. So far it's been hard to match the follower with treasure hunter trait to the best gold missions. I imagine it will be a lot better when I get Harrison Jones on all chars plus 1-2 more treasure hunters per char. Harrison Jones special ability should make it easy to put together 3 man treasure hunter teams.

Also, they just hotfixed a buff to make all BRF cache missions give 1000 gold!

I have 10 barns but I don't use them, too much of a chore.

M.D

Anyone here uses the Corsair K70 or K95 keyboards? I'm getting a keyboard in the next few days and they like the best choice

I want the K95 for the extra keys and heard its basically like the K70 which people really like but with extra macro keys

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I haven't raided since TBC and my experience with the group finder for normal modes had not been good. It seems like if a group wipes once half the people leave. I was spending so much time just standing around waiting for new people to join. Then if you wipe again (since half the group is new) more people leave and the process just repeats.

I found a guild group in the group finder last night that was just looking for an extra 2-3 people. The experience was so much better with that group. Downed a few bosses in BRF and everyone was very positive and worked through making corrections when we wiped. Maybe I will try to find a casual guild that does normals.

ZenaxPure

Maybe I will try to find a casual guild that does normals.

I wish one of those existed on my server. Right now I don't really have a stable enough life for mythic progression so I just want to do normal weekly but every guild always has grand plans for progressing as high as they can.

I decided to just turn to open raid again. It's really great and BRF is still new enough that people aren't looking for stupid high ilvls or ahead of the curve links and all that and the people are usually cool since they have a rep system in place on the website.

Mupod

multiple 0% heroic blackhand wipes last night. One was under 70k hp. Goddamn that's not even one whole starfire cast.

We would have killed it on the first pull but someone bombed the raid right at the end. After that we had a chain of stupid wipes for stupid reasons. Just so sick of this fight.

7 heroic bosses down in 3 hours is a new record for my little pug that last week wiped on kromog for two hours. I'm not looking forward to maidens tho.

Nokterian

Guys..guys..i really like my Gnome Rogue such a fun and fast class i played nearly all classes now but this one takes the cake at least for me.

ZenaxPure

Guys..guys..i really like my Gnome Rogue such a fun and fast class i played nearly all classes now but this one takes the cake at least for me.

I've been playing rogue since vanilla and it's always been my favorite. Tried switching a few times for guild needs over the years but it never really worked out and I always went back to rogue. I have every class at max level (well okay, level 90 but I am working on getting them all to 100 with heirlooms now) and I enjoy at least one spec for every class, but yeah, rogue for life.

Actually I am getting dangerously close to 400 days /played as a rogue, kinda crazy to think about.

Fularu

Banned
Anyone here uses the Corsair K70 or K95 keyboards? I'm getting a keyboard in the next few days and they like the best choice

I want the K95 for the extra keys and heard its basically like the K70 which people really like but with extra macro keys
I have it, it's amazing (k95)

Get the RGB version though, the older ones are trash

Also I have the brown version, I believe that's better for gaming than red

I have the K70 RGB with red switches. Feels great. I didn't spring for the K95 because the G600 I use has enough buttons for me. The K95 would be a waste at that point for me.

M.D

I have it, it's amazing (k95)

Get the RGB version though, the older ones are trash

Also I have the brown version, I believe that's better for gaming than red

No mention of RGB from the store I'm looking to buy it from, I'm gonna have to check with them.
Does it mention it having RGB on the box?

I have the K70 RGB with red switches. Feels great. I didn't spring for the K95 because the G600 I use has enough buttons for me. The K95 would be a waste at that point for me.

I'm actually looking to get the G600 at some point as well.
I like my current mouse, but it only has 2 side buttons on each side (and the ones on the right are uncomfortable to reach)

Karl Hawk

Banned
My guild finally got to 7/10 HC. Hopefully we progress easily on Blast Furnace tomorrow (Wasn't hard for me in normal, but I suspect it'll do a shit-ton more damage on heroic)

Though I'm a bit upset that Thogar and Kromog didn't drop ''Conqueror'' tokens during the kills, especially on bonus roll. RNG not favoring me today. ;_;

If there's anyone out there on Magtheridon-US, or wants to transfer to raid on Magtheridon on Weds and Thursdays at 8:00pm and then do some sporadic Sunday and Monday raids, shoot me a PM. Right now we're focused on Heroic BRF. Casual, laid back guild with a lot of people who've played together a long time but likes to get stuff done.

Fularu

Banned
No mention of RGB from the store I'm looking to buy it from, I'm gonna have to check with them.
Does it mention it having RGB on the box?
If it doesn't mention RGB, then it's the old version which was prone to failures and quickly replaced (and clearanced) by Corsair.

I really advise going for the RGB version, avoid the old (2013) version like the plague.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Heroic Blackhand down, yay!

B_TXJyeU4AEyDt0.jpg:large

You have a fixed pick-up group?

Yah I get pugged into a nice guild run every tues/weds and they're reasonably chill people with only a modest 2-3 people who stand in fire during the first 10 pulls of the night. It might be the first group I've ever found in WoW that actually runs on pacific time (7-10 server).

And just as I predicted Maidens was a nightmare. Takes us 10 minutes to get them all to 20% and then people start getting vaporized by shit they were dodging perfectly before. Took the entire 3 hours tonight to earn a kill :X.

But hey, progress!

cdyhybrid

Any Holy Pallies here? What's the playstyle like? Only healers I've played much are a lower-level Resto Druid and a Mistweaver in MOP.

mclem

Has anyone noticed 'phantom blaze' ticks from Twin Ogrons?

I'm the Phemos tank, which means - shortly after the Quake - I have to take him to a safe position during the whirlwind (usually the centre of the room, which I think is a Really Bad Idea, but I've got reasonably good at it and it makes things more convenient for the healers). As such, I've had to do a bit more blaze-dodging than most; I've got used to it - and more importantly, I'm well aware when and how I've screwed up on it when I do.

I am absolutely certain that last night I got ticks of Blaze without being in fire. Normally I'd err on the side of caution here and assume I've screwed up somehow, but in this instance, I'm absolutely rock-solid certain; I hadn't started moving to the middle but I was getting ticks of Blaze, and I'm pretty damn sure there hadn't been enough time for the fire to even move from the spawn spot to our tanking position.

Has anyone else had ticks that they were absolutely certain didn't correspond to fire?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need to sell the LFR tier gear for MOP in Townlong with the other stuff now like they do with other sets like the ICC and some of the Cata stuff(non-LFR) just because A) it's personal loot so it's really fucked drop rate, and B) who's even going to be running the LFR version of those old raids?

sora87

I forgot how lovely the nelf starting area is, and leveling in Duskwood has been real fun, love that atmosphere. Haven't touched an alliance character since vanilla WoW and decided to level a nelf druid the other night, been having a lot of fun.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
you want to keep beacon of light and beacon of faith on targets that will be taking damage, use holy shock as much as possible, and then use holy light and flash of light on other people. I have some videos of holy paladin here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxwtOGAKSVFtYfatoqgM0fg

Also, aoe heals with holy paladins is pretty weak I feel. Our strength come from single target heals. And the more you use Holy Shock, the more procs you can get for faster Holy Lights and Holy Radiance.

Also, you won't run out of mana as fast as the other classes thanks to heals using Holy Power.

Also, aoe heals with holy paladins is pretty weak I feel. Our strength come from single target heals. And the more you use Holy Shock, the more procs you can get for faster Holy Lights and Holy Radiance.

Also, you won't run out of mana as fast as the other classes thanks to heals using Holy Power.

Yeah, Holy Paladins have better mana management, but really do have weak AoE and HoT abilities compared to other healing classes. It's just a matter of preference I guess. I love my Holy Paladin but would kill for one more HoT or effective AoE spell.

vocab

Holy pally is boring as fuck but powerful as fuck. Illuminated healing will continue to be the dumbest thing in the game. Double bacon makes life so much easier.

Top Bottom