• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

cdyhybrid

Holy pally is boring as fuck but powerful as fuck. Illuminated healing will continue to be the dumbest thing in the game. Double bacon makes life so much easier.

I'm just fine with boring, I get my enjoyment from doing mechanics and getting the actual kill, not from some convoluted rotation/priority system. Sounds like I chose the right spec :p

Peachpies

Holy pally is boring as fuck but powerful as fuck. Illuminated healing will continue to be the dumbest thing in the game. Double bacon makes life so much easier.
How is illuminated healing dumb? It is usually only about 17% of our healing and not even remotely comparable to disc priest absorbs.

ampere

Illuminated healing is only a fraction of the problem that the entire Discipline spec is. It's still not good for the game IMO, but neither are area targeted heals.

Regarding Discipline... the ability to give players and tanks a ton more EH on demand with no CD just removes game mechanics. Not sure why Blizzard thinks it's possible to balance that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Finally got my Boomkin to 100. Euphoria and instant starsurge do a real good job of throwing out everything you learned from 1-90.

Any Holy Pallies here? What's the playstyle like? Only healers I've played much are a lower-level Resto Druid and a Mistweaver in MOP.

Other people have chimed in, but it's the simplest healing spec, IMO. Keep Holy Shock on CD, use your HS-crit-procced Holy Lights ASAP, dump Holy Power on Eternal Flame, and cast your Beacons on the two tanks. I find our AoE heals to be pretty pointless in a small-raid/party scenario compared to letting other healers handle it and keeping things going with single-target+Beacons, but AFAIK they aren't terrible as long as you can guarantee they hit the max number of targets. My biggest issue with our AoE is that it's pretty expensive but doesn't feel very effective.

Holy Prism is your friend, as is Glyph of Merciful Wrath.

ZenaxPure

heh, looks like there's a story twist when you complete the current legendary ring quests.

well, "twist" i guess...

Yeah I saw that. For anyone curious about it it is a pretty big spoiler so seek it out at your own risk.

That said, it's not entirely unexpected imo and I hope it is interesting because it'd probably be the first interesting thing to happen in the WoD story.

Renekton

Speaking of healing, it's depressing that resto druid HPS is incredibly dependent on getting as many tranqs off as possible.

E.g. If you're assigned 2nd and 4th tranq rotation for Flamebender PUG, you're gonna look like a clown compared to the druid who got 1st and 3rd, then kicked.

CassSept

Yeah I saw that. For anyone curious about it it is a pretty big spoiler so seek it out at your own risk.

That said, it's not entirely unexpected imo and I hope it is interesting because it'd probably be the first interesting thing to happen in the WoD story.

Wow, that's what I wanted to say, verbatim. First interesting thing they're doing with the setting.

CassSept

No way this could bring about annual expansions, unless it's a really small one we'd have to know something about it by now and beta would have to start within 3 months.

Please spoiler, I'm at work and can't watch that video. :(

Gul'dan confronts Grom, tells him Garrosh was his son; Grom still doesn't want to drink demon blood, Gul'dan chains him; Kilrogg drinks demo blood in his stead and becomes a Fel Orc. They look quite different this time, with grey skin and spikes emerging from shoulders.

cdyhybrid

No way this could bring about annual expansions, unless it's a really small one we'd have to know something about it by now and beta would have to start within 3 months.

Well, they did say this expansion would only have two raid tiers, and Tanaan looks like the second one. I guess it's possible, but there isn't really anything coming up soon that's big enough to announce an expansion at. I'd rather them cut WOD off early than let it drag on for too long, though. Probably best to just leave it behind if the next expansion is ready to go.

Robin64

Awesome. Finally something interesting!

(That I'll probably never see because I've only just hit 200 out of 900 stones needed for the questline and I am bored out of my mind with that)

strafer

Gul'dan confronts Grom, tells him Garrosh was his son; Grom still doesn't want to drink demon blood, Gul'dan chains him; Kilrogg drinks demo blood in his stead and becomes a Fel Orc. They look quite different this time, with grey skin and spikes emerging from shoulders.

damn bruh :O

oh wow, that was a cool fucking cutscene...

No Grommash can take over as Warchief of the Horde...in Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar..no that aint right....Garrosh Hold...there.

Fularu

Banned
Running old content raids solo is easy money.

Ran Naxx and BWL, got about 1k in vendor loot.

Weekly clearings of 25H cataclysm raids should net about 6-7k gold per character

(125 *5 + 125 * 6 + 125 * 2 + 125 * 6 + 125 * 8 = 125 * 27 = 3375 g and you add all the items you sell, which is about 7 per boss)

Mupod

Highmaul is so nice after dozens of Blackhand wipes. The run back to Tectus is almost faster than getting a mass rez.

Brackenspore went down after only 7 attempts, pre-Foundry we'd put around 20+ in with little progress because we lacked the gear. But I was pulling 38k on Butcher, I think before Foundry came out I was doing maybe 24-25 on heroic Butcher. I don't think we'll have much trouble getting 6/7 in highmaul, which I think is what we're doing before moving on to mythic foundry.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That new cinematic is pretty cool. It's actually a bit of a different direction than I was expecting.

ampere

When I finished the quest the screen went black and there was no cinematic, but I was expecting one. Guess it was bugged, kind of a neat one.

Really hope there are more than 2 raid tiers though : /. New expacs are cool but it is such a grind to level cap and gear up... doing that yearly is too much.

StMeph

When I finished the quest the screen went black and there was no cinematic, but I was expecting one. Guess it was bugged, kind of a neat one.

Really hope there are more than 2 raid tiers though : /. New expacs are cool but it is such a grind to level cap and gear up... doing that yearly is too much.

Without an Alpha (or announcement) to speak of, I can't imagine how they're going to achieve a 1-year timeline. Really, it would require two WoW dev teams working on a cycle like Infinity Ward / Treyarch did for CoD to produce something annually.

The sad part is that there probably will still be only two raid tiers.

ZenaxPure

Well if it makes you feel any better according to that raid interview from last week the expansion will have as many tiers as necessary to make sure there isn't a year long gap between raid and expansion again. If true then we better buckle up for the first like 6 tier expansion at the rate blizz works.

CassSept

That new cinematic is pretty cool. It's actually a bit of a different direction than I was expecting.

Yeah, I'm actually liking it.

I didn't expect Kilrogg, honestly. Though he did kinda feel like an oddball. Sure, he was an important character in lore, but all the other warlords were on a whole another level. If Kilrogg plays an important role in the nearest future that would explain a lot. And it is kinda cool, yeah.

Things sure turned out differently than I thought they would story-wise.

I hope they don't end up having alternate timeline Grom work with us now that Gul'dan is gaining influence.

ampere

I hope they don't end up having alternate timeline Grom work with us now that Gul'dan is gaining influence.

That would be awful. I do love
Gul'dan being the main villain though. Much more evil and interesting than Grom and such a cool lore character

strafer

I would really love for Grom to join us in the real timeline, but that's never gonna happen though.

Can see him being friendly for the rest of the game though.

And I don't wanna kill Gul'dan, he's awesome, he's the reason I'm a Warlock

ZenaxPure

That would be awful. I do love
Gul'dan being the main villain though. Much more evil and interesting than Grom and such a cool lore character

I just want to know
how he seems to know so much about our timeline. There have been multiple occasions in the legendary quest chain now where he has known stuff about our timeline and it hasn't been addressed as to why or how.

I want to hope that leads somewhere interesting... but who knows.

ampere

I just want to know
how he seems to know so much about our timeline. There have been multiple occasions in the legendary quest chain now where he has known stuff about our timeline and it hasn't been addressed as to why or how.

I want to hope that leads somewhere interesting... but who knows.

He keeps talking about
the Legion. Wouldn't be surprised if that has to do with it, or maybe he got Kairoz to talk.

Is it, though? There are hints dropped everywhere that the dude on the box is not going to end up the final boss. Gul'dan is literally shown imprisoned and siphoned of his power within 5 minutes of arriving in Draenor.

cdyhybrid

Maybe
Vol'jin dies when Gul'dan and the new Iron Horde/Legion invade our Azeroth and Grom takes over as Warchief

I hope not, I like Vol'jin :(

Arc

I can't imagine there only being two raid tiers after the massive fuck up in content droughts two expansions in a row.

cdyhybrid

I can't imagine there only being two raid tiers after the massive fuck up in content droughts two expansions in a row.

If the expansion launches 4ish months after the second raid tier it would be fine. But at that rate, like has been said here already, they'd have to make an announcement of some sort very soon.

ZenaxPure

He keeps talking about
the Legion.

That was my first thought as well, I mostly just hope they do explain it because I feel it's the only real mystery we have going on in the current storyline. Before this cutscene it was pretty much the only thing that intrigued me about this entire quest chain.

Maybe
Vol'jin dies when Gul'dan and the new Iron Horde/Legion invade our Azeroth and Grom takes over as Warchief

That is going to be quite the challenge considering we destroyed the dark portal about 3 seconds into Draenor.

But hey, maybe what Grom was doing out in Tanaan was rebuilding the portal. It's not like we left a defense force there or something.

cdyhybrid

That is going to be quite the challenge considering we destroyed the dark portal about 3 seconds into Draenor.

But hey, maybe what Grom was doing out in Tanaan was rebuilding the portal. It's not like we left a defense force there or something.

We're still able to move back and forth in small amounts, though. Gazlowe coming in through a portal from Orgrimmar, etc. It's not like we have a huge army we'd have to move back, in the story it's pretty much just your garrison.

StMeph

Ehh... wasn't he already announced as the penultimate raid boss for the next raid tier? Like there's some super secret (demonslol) boss after him, but for now he's one of the known main big bads, unless, in defeating him, you shake off the corruption or something.

ampere

Lore-wise the portals Draenor -> Azeroth are extremely difficult to open and pretty much only doable by Khadgar for a short period of time, or possibly Guldan?

It's sort of skewed by portals being all over the place for gameplay convenience. The game would not be fun if you were stuck in Draenor the whole expac. Kind of like resurrections, almost impossible to pull off in lore but we do them all the time for the sake of gameplay.

Ehh... wasn't he already announced as the penultimate raid boss for the next raid tier? Like there's some super secret (demonslol) boss after him, but for now he's one of the known main big bads, unless, in defeating him, you shake off the corruption or something.
If I remember correctly yes,
but that cinematic felt like a curveball was just thrown at us.

M.D

I was searching for something lore related and somehow ended up reading some speculation that
Khadgar will be the bad guy at the end since all he's doing since we got to Draenor is seeking power and trying to eliminate Gul'dan which is basically the only real threat to him
Its just baseless speculation but I actually hope it doesn't happen cause I like him ;p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is it, though? There are hints dropped everywhere that the dude on the box is not going to end up the final boss. Gul'dan is literally shown imprisoned and siphoned of his power within 5 minutes of arriving in Draenor.

Well I specifically meant
Killrog usurping Grom
. I figured the former would just end up getting killed as a 6.2 quest/dungeon boss or something.

Top Bottom