• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

strafer

if next expansion is legion based I demand a skin color changer.

I want to be a brown orc.

My roleplaying will be better then.

StMeph

if next expansion is legion based I demand a skin color changer.

I want to be a brown orc.

My roleplaying will be better then.

strafer, at the end of all your Evangeline Lilly avatars, I hope the final one form is the thumb/mouth/eye/ear Conan pose.

idlewild_

I was searching for something lore related and somehow ended up reading some speculation that
Khadgar will be the bad guy at the end since all he's doing since we got to Draenor is seeking power and trying to eliminate Gul'dan which is basically the only real threat to him
Its just baseless speculation but I actually hope it doesn't happen cause I like him ;p

Well, he does do some sketchy stuff in the legendary ring quests. Cordana wasn't too happy.

Well I specifically meant
Killrog usurping Grom
. I figured the former would just end up getting killed as a 6.2 quest/dungeon boss or something.

That would have been majorly disappointing, I think we've killed enough of them in 5 mans and quests. I'm hoping Ner'zhul is still alive, because defeating him in a 5 man dungeon has been the biggest disappointment so far. Back when WoD was announced I would have pegged him for being the second biggest threat after Gul'dan.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This cutscene is so bizarre without context. Why Kilrogg? I guess everyone else remotely of consequence is dead, so now he just sort of feels like leftovers being served as the main course. Up until now Kilrogg hasn't had any presence in this expansion. It feels more and more like Tanaan Jungle could have been an essential piece for expanding on each of the orc leaders and establishing the Iron Horde structurally. As things are now we kind of just got awkward glances into the Iron Horde that make them out to be bumbling, aimless, and easily manipulated.

idlewild_

This cutscene is so bizarre without context. Why Kilrogg? I guess everyone else remotely of consequence is dead, so now he just sort of feels like leftovers being served as the main course. Up until now Kilrogg hasn't had any presence in this expansion. It feels more and more like Tanaan Jungle could have been an essential piece for expanding on each of the orc leaders and establishing the Iron Horde structurally. As things are now we kind of just got awkward glances into the Iron Horde that make them out to be bumbling, aimless, and easily manipulated.

Kil'rogg already knows how he is going to die, he had a vision when he did the ceremony and gouged his eye out.
His vision in the AU probably involves him being a fel orc.

But yeah, it feels like there was a lot of content cut out in this expansion. Pretty sure Tanaan was supposed to be in at launch and Farahlon was supposed to show up in the later patches. Maybe they weren't able to go and update everything in the launch zones when they made the decision to pull Tanaan.

Well I specifically meant
Killrog usurping Grom
. I figured the former would just end up getting killed as a 6.2 quest/dungeon boss or something.

His loyalties haven't deviated from canon in this alternate timeline. I'm not super shocked, but I don't expect we're done with the 'twists' of this expansion, either.

idlewild_

Method's Blackhand video is out. Honestly, not really as cool of a fight as some of the previous end tier bosses. I am sure it is tuned very tightly, but Imperator looked like a more impressive fight than this one.

edit: I take it back somewhat, watching the fight again it is kind of cool. Just not as flashy as previous fights.

Skab

So that new cinematic got me and a friend talking about the fact that
Kilrogg looks different than the other orcs that have drank the blood. He didn't turn green like he was "supposed" to. Which brought up the fact that Mannoroth is already dead in this timeline, so who the hell's blood are they drinking? Kil'Jadens?

Could be interesting if that's the route they go.

strafer

Kilrogg looks different than the other orcs that have drank the blood. He didn't turn green like he was "supposed" to. Which brought up the fact that Mannoroth is alread dead in this timeline, so who the hell's blood are they drinking? Kil'Jadens?

Could also be
Magtheridon

Karl Hawk

Banned
Kilrogg looks different than the other orcs that have drank the blood. He didn't turn green like he was "supposed" to. Which brought up the fact that Mannoroth is already dead in this timeline, so who the hell's blood are they drinking? Kil'Jadens?

Gonna bet that it's
Archimonde's blood

He looks more like a
sha-touched orc
than what was otherwise expected.

Mythic Blackhand looks like an extremely hard numbers check with no surprises about the execution. No mystery why only 3 guilds have downed it. e: lol as I say that 3 more have killed it.

Fularu

Banned
He looks more like a
sha-touched orc
than what was otherwise expected.

Mythic Blackhand looks like an extremely hard numbers check with no surprises about the execution. No mystery why only 3 guilds have downed it. e: lol as I say that 3 more have killed it.
No one should give two shits about China guilds since the gear they get is at least 6 ilvls higher by default, and half a tier is prety huge in terms if advantage over the competition.

Both CN guilds have an ilvl average of 693 compared to 686 and 687 for Paragon and Method

No one should give two shits about China guilds since the gear they get is at least 6 ilvls higher by default, and half a tier is prety huge in terms if advantage over the competition.

Both CN guilds have an ilvl average of 693 compared to 686 and 687 for Paragon and Method

I feel this sells the level of execution required short, and broadly dismissing Chinese guilds ignores the quality of players who have been active in the scene since at least Wrath.

ampere

They don't naturally get higher level gear anymore, but some of those players xfered realms to get more BMAH gear since xfers are dirt cheap on Asian realms

idlewild_

Looking at the ilvl of the players actually in the kill: Style has an avg ilvl of 691.49, Stars has an avg of 691.95 and exorsus has an avg of 691.24. Should we ignore exorsus' kill too?

edit: actually, looking at wowprogress, method is probably the only guild whose raid ilvl was lower than 690 at time of kill.

cdyhybrid

Holy Pally up to 624 with crafted stuff, beat Silver Proving grounds without too much trouble, hopefully that means I'm good to go for Heroics.

Peachpies

this is incorrect for many reasons like some other people have said but you should not use wowprogress to judge item levels of a kill, the item level it has on the guild page is almost always out of date, and the item level it has on individual kills is just based off of what people logged off in after the kill which is normally slightly higher since some people would have gotten upgrades, for instance in the case of methods first kill they have people at 620 and 652 item level since that is what they logged off in when the kill was updated

Fularu

Banned
They don't naturally get higher level gear anymore, but some of those players xfered realms to get more BMAH gear since xfers are dirt cheap on Asian realms
Always live up when you look like a fool, I'm doing it.

But still, they have a weird 6 ilvl advantage for their mythic raiding teams (both CN guilds) over all 4 Blackhand killing guilds (all between 686.1 and 686.8). Also if as you say they abused realm xfers to buy stuff on the bmah, then this rule should apply :

In order to prevent unfair competition using BMAH, we have to introduce additional rule:

Guilds that abuse transfer to other realms to buy more BMAH items will be disqualified

This rule will be effective starting from the next raid.

Clarifications from comments:

1. This rule is to prevent real money influencing the PvE race. Requiring additional money hurts popularity of the competition.

2. WoWProgress does not restrict you to play the game as you want, but we can setup our rules for WoWProgress content.

3. This rule does not affect Highmaul raid and the gear that was bought before.

In conclusion, it takes tremendous skill to kill Blackhand right now, it's just that having an average ilvl so much higher gives you a bigger margin for error.

ampere

Like Peach said it's best to disregard the ilevel listed for kills on WoW progress for individual guilds. Averages over a lot of kills are probably OK, but Method's players logged out with Thunderfury, etc so it will skew ilevel. Guarantee you Sco was not 651 ilevel for the kill :p

But it is very true that the more recent kills have a higher ilevel than Method's first kill. After all it was 2 or 3 lockouts more gear.

The BMAH xferring thing was big during Highmaul with Style War (broke up and reformed as something else) but they might have not done it for BRF. I was mentioning that as a possible way for their ilevel to be higher but I have no idea if they have continued doing it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should just have Call To Arms on every position for dungeons permannetly in WoD. It stills takes forever to find a dungeon and there's zero incentive.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
They should just have Call To Arms on every position for dungeons permannetly in WoD. It stills takes forever to find a dungeon and there's zero incentive.

Or have them give big amounts of apexis crystals. Would be a nice alternative to dailies, because these fucking sucks.

idlewild_

It's going to get worse. They changed the bag reward so that it only gives runes, gold, and BoA 630 ilvl armor tokens. All of those tanks and healers that were running dungeons for the chance at a mount or pet have no reason to do them anymore.

ampere

It's going to get worse. They changed the bag reward so that it only gives runes, gold, and BoA 630 ilvl armor tokens. All of those tanks and healers that were running dungeons for the chance at a mount or pet have no reason to do them anymore.

I actually love the 630 tokens and runes (although I generally hate that runes exist). I also do a daily random queue for some heirloom coins.

Agree they need to make a way for dungeons to stay relevant longer. I like dungeons.

Nokterian

M.D

Is there a list of old raids/dungeons that produce the most gold? I'm looking for a more steady stream of gold now with the tokens coming soon and its supposed to be a good way of making a nice amount each week

ZenaxPure

Is there a list of old raids/dungeons that produce the most gold? I'm looking for a more steady stream of gold now with the tokens coming soon and its supposed to be a good way of making a nice amount each week

It's pretty straight forward: Cata 25 man heroics. You get ~125g per boss and each boss drops something like 5 or 6 items. After that none of the raids (including cata raids not on 25 heroic) give a ton of gold really. The Wrath raids are decent but can be pretty time consuming to run and most of your gold will come from vendoring items and the only decent gold comes from weapon drops at that level (as weapons always vendor for much more than armor).

Only exception imo is ToC which can be completed in less than 10 minutes as there is no trash and each boss drops a tier token that vendors for 50g for some reason, but, I'd only suggest that if you have an argent tabard for the quick teleport.

M.D

It's pretty straight forward: Cata 25 man heroics. You get ~125g per boss and each boss drops something like 5 or 6 items. After that none of the raids (including cata raids not on 25 heroic) give a ton of gold really. The Wrath raids are decent but can be pretty time consuming to run and most of your gold will come from vendoring items and the only decent gold comes from weapon drops at that level (as weapons always vendor for much more than armor).

Only exception imo is ToC which can be completed in less than 10 minutes as there is no trash and each boss drops a tier token that vendors for 50g for some reason, but, I'd only suggest that if you have an argent tabard for the quick teleport.

Thanks for that. I have 2 level 100 characters, hopefully it will be a nice stream of income since I'm tired trying to snipe and resell items on the ah ;p

Speaking of gold, there's an item I really want on the black market auction house right now and 2 guilds of horde are just sitting in there and killing me if I get anywhere near.. probably want to secure the item for one of their members

I srsly hate world PvP, wish I knew what I was getting into when I started playing
Gonna post this again - If anyone is playing horde on a European PvE server with a guild of nice people and decent progression, I'm willing to transfer at any time.

Robin64

So this happened.

jHvyq4O.jpg

Pretty much bouncing right now, so exciting!

ZenaxPure

Thanks for that. I have 2 level 100 characters

Only other thing really worth mentioning is that you actually need some decent gear to run 25 man heroic. Not mythic or anything, LFR gear should suffice but you aren't really going to be able to clear cata 25 man heroics in green/blue gear, at least not at an efficient pace.

M.D

Only other thing really worth mentioning is that you actually need some decent gear to run 25 man heroic. Not mythic or anything, LFR gear should suffice but you aren't really going to be able to clear cata 25 man heroics in green/blue gear, at least not at an efficient pace.
My druid is 670 and hunter is 644 so it shouldn't be a problem
Only problem is I'm unfamiliar with most cata raids except firelands and dragon soul since I started playing during MoP

I tried blackwings descent and Chimaeron one shot me after a certain point, think its his massacre ability in combination with something else but I don't know all his ablities
ablities
I also tried Dragon Soul a few times before and I always fall off his back lol

ZenaxPure

I tried blackwings descent and Chimaeron one shot me after a certain point, think its his massacre ability in combination with something else but I don't know all his ablities
ablities
I also tried Dragon Soul a few times before and I always fall off his back lol

Talk to the gnome in the cage before you fight Chimaeron and you pretty much can't die the entire fight, as for Deathwing you just have to make sure you move to the left or right side of his body from time to time, not a big deal since they extended the time it takes for him to roll.

But yeah in general it will take some practice to kill some of the bosses as in some cases you will still have to do their mechanics.

Nokterian

So this happened.

jHvyq4O.jpg

Pretty much bouncing right now, so exciting!

Congratulations! been a long road right? That one is also on my to do list..same as Ashes of A'lar.

Also what weapons should a combat/subtlety rogue take? Daggers? 1 handed axes/maces for maximum dps output..i am still leveling though level 97 right now just want to know what the prefer is at max level.

Is there a GAF guild?

Considering purchasing Draenor and starting WoW again

Nay, everyone is spread to far out among the servers these days. Plus with Cross Realm play and whatnot, most people just stick to their own servers and add peoples BattleTags to play with other GAFfers.

Negator

THAT FEEL when your opponent's triple moth team gets annihilated by your Chrominius.

Only the worst kind of people run triple moth.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My friend got the Astral Cloud Serpent which is probably my new favorite flying mount in the game. I may make her 2 man it with me now.

Laieon

For some reason, battle.net doesn't want to download anything. It's stuck at 0 b/s. My internet definitely isn't the problem, and I can't quite figure out what is causing it. Any ideas?

4197784779.png

Top Bottom