• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Wow so Kromog LFR didn't feel overtuned on my 679 Mage, but he does on my 647 Blood DK. I have bonus armor on every piece possible except for neck (which has mastery/versatility) and I was getting destroyed.

Tacitus_

For some reason, battle.net doesn't want to download anything. It's stuck at 0 b/s. My internet definitely isn't the problem, and I can't quite figure out what is causing it. Any ideas?

4197784779.png

Try turning p2p on/off.

Laieon

Try turning p2p on/off.

P2P isn't even there anymore. Google tells me it wasn't used in 6.0, and was officially removed as an option from the client in the latest update.

I've also tried:

Checking/Unchecking "Automatically detect settings" in Internet Options, because it looks like that fixed the problem for a few people. It didn't really do anything.

Deleting the Bnet/Blizzard folders in ProgramData, because it looks like that fixed the problem for a few people. It didn't really do anything.

Right now it's finally downloading at a whopping speed of 214 kb/s. I guess I can't complain, at least it's doing something now. It should still be faster though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also if you ever want to see how many people are in Kun-Lai, just start soloing Sha and people will descend from the skies.

Karl Hawk

Banned
From SoL, too good to pass up:

>Grom goes into a depression
>Iron Horde splits between Grom-loyalists and Fel Horde
>6.2.
>Gul'dan is too powerful for Khadgar and Thrall.
>Gul'dan sends Kilrogg after Thrall
>"No! The world needs... its Warchief!"
>Khadgar dies defending Thrall
>Grom seeems humbled by Azerothian's willingness to die for each other or whatever
>Gul'dan versus Thrall
>Grom leaps in and saves Go'el from the killing blow
>Grom is mortally wounded
>timeschange.mp3
>I see now Go'el, you and your Horde have the true bond... of iron.
>You were always the strongest among us... brother
>Grom dies with a smile
>Thrall lets out a warcry over Grom's corpse ALA WC3
>Everybody looks sad
>Iron Horde loyalists kneel to Thrall
>Chants of "Warchief!"
>Yrel is in the corner smiling proudly or some shit "Warchief" she quietly says
>Maraad's ghost nods approvingly before fading
>Cut to the thousands of Iron Horde Orcs being led through the portal
>Wounded and weary Stormwind soldiers on the other side clutch their weapons
>See Thrall leading them and let out a cheer
>Cut to Orgrimmar's gates
>Vol'jin kneels before Thrall upon bringing his AU people to the Promised Land
>"Warchief"
>Cut to black
>Mfw

M.D

My search for a keyboard continues :(
I spoke to the stores selling Corsair k95, and they are all selling the non-RGB model

I looked at a bunch of other keyboards like Logitech and Razer but they have all reliability issues which are less common with Corsair from what I understand
even thought about going G13 + G600, but I don't know where I would put my keyboard at that point :/

I was going to get the Logitech G600 later on but I'm gonna get it now and see what I do about the keyboard..

Talk to the gnome in the cage before you fight Chimaeron and you pretty much can't die the entire fight, as for Deathwing you just have to make sure you move to the left or right side of his body from time to time, not a big deal since they extended the time it takes for him to roll.

But yeah in general it will take some practice to kill some of the bosses as in some cases you will still have to do their mechanics.

Got Chimaeron, thx ;p
also tried the last boss twice and died, should've have read his mechanics before ^^

I'll try Dragon Soul again and watch some video guides before as well, hopefully it goes better this time

strafer

>Grom goes into a depression
>Iron Horde splits between Grom-loyalists and Fel Horde
>6.2.
>Gul'dan is too powerful for Khadgar and Thrall.
>Gul'dan sends Kilrogg after Thrall
>"No! The world needs... its Warchief!"
>Khadgar dies defending Thrall
>Grom seeems humbled by Azerothian's willingness to die for each other or whatever
>Gul'dan versus Thrall
>Grom leaps in and saves Go'el from the killing blow
>Grom is mortally wounded
>timeschange.mp3
>I see now Go'el, you and your Horde have the true bond... of iron.
>You were always the strongest among us... brother
>Grom dies with a smile
>Thrall lets out a warcry over Grom's corpse ALA WC3
>Everybody looks sad
>Iron Horde loyalists kneel to Thrall
>Chants of "Warchief!"
>Yrel is in the corner smiling proudly or some shit "Warchief" she quietly says
>Maraad's ghost nods approvingly before fading
>Cut to the thousands of Iron Horde Orcs being led through the portal
>Wounded and weary Stormwind soldiers on the other side clutch their weapons
>See Thrall leading them and let out a cheer
>Cut to Orgrimmar's gates
>Vol'jin kneels before Thrall upon bringing his AU people to the Promised Land
>"Warchief"
>Cut to black
>Mfw

Are those theories or fact?

Because I would love that. I got chills too.

Would make for an amazing cutscene.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So why are Worgen Druids a thing but not Worgen Shaman? Lore-wise, all you really have to have to be a Shaman is for the earth to be willing to communicate with you. I've always read it's much more picky about who can communicate with nature and all that than who can mend/use the Earth.

You would think the Wolf race would have more in common with Lo'Gosh and the Shamans of which their iconic animal is a wolf. Is it some 'bear can't turn into a bear, wolf can't turn into a wolf' thing? Plus those awesome fist weapon animations are going to waste.

But I also want Pandaren Druids, so what do I know.

Robin64

Yeah, should be able to have Worgen Shaman.

Also Forsaken Paladins, because there are some NPC ones and players can be Priests.
And Troll Paladins, because there is one in the Isle of Thunder scenarios (lol though).

For some reason, battle.net doesn't want to download anything. It's stuck at 0 b/s. My internet definitely isn't the problem, and I can't quite figure out what is causing it. Any ideas?

4197784779.png
Just seeing those speeds makes me wish U.S. internet wasn't so god awful with its price gouging and millennia old internet pipes.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, should be able to have Worgen Shaman.

Also Forsaken Paladins, because there are some NPC ones and players can be Priests.
And Troll Paladins, because there is one in the Isle of Thunder scenarios (lol though).

Always found it weird they never gave night elves paladins in Cata personally. Elune is basically a paladin lore wise (though obviously not called one) and the sentinel/priests have always been really tight knit, doesn't seem like much of a stretch that in the past 10000 years there would be warrior ladies who also had a handle on the light.

Would just work like Sunwalkers and Vindicators, different name in the lore same name for game mechanics.

Renekton

Even better one from Reddit

>Durotan: You disappoint me Gul'dan. You are not worthy of the orc's legacy
>Durotan raises his axe, prepared to strike the killing blow. Suddenly, a hammer blocks the blow
>Yrel: His punishment is not for you alone to decide.
>Durotan: I won't let you take him.
>Khadgar: We have all suffered from his atrocities. My people (Azeroth I guess) more than any other. Let him stand trial in Azeroth. There we will mete out justice once and for all.
>Khadgar binds up Gul'dan. Yrel walks back to her draenei and the alliance while Durotan returns to the Horde party in the arena
>Exarch Akama: Ugh, look at them. Already they plot against us, seize this moment Yrel. Dismantle the Iron Horde.
>Yrel looks pissed
>Yrel: Vindicators! The vindicators look poised for battle and march towards the Horde
>Exarch Maladaar: Yrel! What are you doing?!
>Yrel: What an exarch must do.
>Yrel approaches the Horde
>Yrel: I will speak to your warchief!
>The crowd pulls back to reveal Grommash
>Grommash: I speak for the Iron Horde!
>Yrel looks at Durotan, who gives his acknowledgment
>Yrel: Very well. The iron horde has committed heinous crimes, Grommash.
>Yrel slams her hammer into the ground
>Yrel: But some of you fought against Gul'dan's tyranny. For that, I am willing to end this bloodshed. But know this: If your Horde fails to uphold honor as Gul'dan did, we will end you.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I have a sneaking suspicion that Yrel will be in charge of the cross-dimensional burning legion and will wipe her ass with Sargeras' corpses

CassSept

Whatever they do it's gonna be bad. Every end of expansion cinematic was stupid to some degree, with Dragon Soul taking the cake.

I mean jesus christ on a pogo stick, if Dragon Aspects were given their power to stop Twilight Hour... which is set in motion by Deathwing... who is an Aspect.... whaaa

Robin64

As a Horde player, I've barely seen anything of Yrel at all. Am I lucky?

Poor Alliance players have had shitloads of Thrall over the years, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Yrel goes from normal villager girl to top tier paladin in the span of a couple quests. It's like she bought a level 100 boost and then also gets 'you're da chosen one' writing.

I miss Nazgrim.

Draxal

She's purple jesus compared to green jesus, her push was something you'd see over 3-4 expansions, but she just got it in 3 zones in one expansion.

CassSept

Nazgrim worked so well because he was built up for 5 years. I can see that Yrel being annoying knowing how Blizz can push a shiny new character down everyone's throats.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Don't worry too much, with luck, Yrel will stay on Draenor when we go back to Azeroth next expansion.

Worst case scenario, she'll follow us back to our timeline and become the Alliance Jesus. Same as Thrall being the Horde Jesus.

CassSept

I don't think we're leaving Draenor next expansion. Unless Fields of Farahlon get the same treatment as The Abyssal Maw.

"We never said it's gonna appear at this time"

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't think we're leaving Draenor next expansion. Unless Fields of Farahlon get the same treatment as The Abyssal Maw.

Why would we stay on Draenor next expansion? We never stayed on a continent for more than one expansion in the past, Cataclysm being the exception. There's no point in staying in Draenor once the Iron Horde is dealt with.

Karl Hawk

Banned
What the fuck with the bloodlust against Thrall and Yrel and wishing them to die in this expac lol.

I want to see Yrel go to the MU after WoD ends. It'll be amusing to watch how the reactions will turn out. :p

I thought they already canned Farahlon when they pushed Tanaan back due to their rushing.

Besides, Kael'thas is getting his own expansion next.

strafer

What if the end of this expansion is the destruction of Draenor and we get to witness the creation of Outland, that will also give them a reason to redo all the quests and items there.

StMeph

What if the end of this expansion is the destruction of Draenor and we get to witness the creation of Outland, that will also give them a reason to redo all the quests and items there.

The destruction part, maybe. But re-doing Outland would be a huge undertaking, just like Cata, for an even smaller payoff because it's only level 60-70 content.

From a team that pushed Tanaan off until 6.2, there's no way they could do a refresh of Outland without it also being the meat of the next expansion, and I doubt there's enough people who want that.

Realistically, take whatever they announce, and cut it in half, and that's probably the next expansion.

ZenaxPure

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Draenor somehow gets destroyed and becomes Outland at the end of this expansion (lore wise anyway, doubt it'd be represented in the game at all). What has mostly made me consider it is the currently unused feat of strength for the khadgar garrison monument. Obvious references aside the achievement literally says everything we've ever done we'll do again and he was there when the planet exploded. Would only be fitting if he had to live through that again.

I thought they already canned Farahlon when they pushed Tanaan back due to their rushing.

Besides, Kael'thas is getting his own expansion next.

Much like most things in this expansion it is in flux. There was a wowhead interview around blizzcon and they asked about Farahlon and the blizz response was basically "depends if we have time."

StMeph

There was a wowhead interview around blizzcon and they asked about Farahlon and the blizz response was basically "depends if we have time."

That just means they want to do it, but know they don't have enough time/resources to get it done. For an expansion perpetually behind the original projected development arc, how many of those we'll-get-to-it-when-we-get-to-it things could there possibly be time for?

Nazgrim, oh man, I miss that guy.

Capitan Taylor *sobs*

I loved how Nazgrim/Taylor were developed to recognized you and your actions, seeing how Nazgrim goes down was heartbreaking me.

I think the alliance campaing is pretty funny and happy compared to the horde "we are gonna die but lets kill everything" feels

Shahadan

Why would we stay on Draenor next expansion? We never stayed on a continent for more than one expansion in the past, Cataclysm being the exception. There's no point in staying in Draenor once the Iron Horde is dealt with.

There is another continent south. I'd rather go there than go back for a naga xpac.

Top Bottom